Sign in to follow this  
cass

German 1.01 Patch is final.

Vehicle pathfinding seems a bit better but still has its quirks. I tried several single vehicle and convoy scenarios with the AI. Sometimes they hit the road and stay nicely on the right side, sometimes they veer off a straight road into a house for no reason. They also seem to have problems going around sharp corners, often tending to over- or understeer. :(

Change Log Translated Its in the download folder guys. :)

2 Final ARMA PATCH 1.01 - GERMAN VERSION

=======================================

Copyright © 2009 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.

Www.arma2.com **** *****

This is a patch for the German release version 1.00 of the game ArmA 2, or beta version 1.01. Run the Patch.exe file, so the patch can be automatically executed.

This will remove the contents of this patch in the folder where the installation directory of your game ArmA 2 is.

(By default this is C: \ Program Files \ Bohemia Interactive \ ArmA or C: \ Program Files \ Bohemia Interactive \ ArmA2).

NOTE: Please do not use memory stalls in this patch, the version 1.00 were created. Use the "reboot" to complete the missions again to play.

List of Changes:

=====================

ENGINE

------

* Fixed: AI sometimes did not respond

* Fixed: AI has difficulty in certain situations with path

* Improvements to the AI: Avoidance of collisions, AI Micro-communications, Suppress-Fields

* Improved: AI coordination in the fight

* Improved: Auto-Vectoring the vertical (VTOL).

* Improved Quick Start and Quick inflation country (STOL)

* Improved shooting simulation

* Improved performance in some areas

* Improved injury simulation, first aid and team change

* Enable the rollover of the MV-22

* Fixed: weapons inside of vehicles were sometimes white.

* Fixed: Several crash scenarios

* Fixed: Sometimes flickering textures

* Fixed: muzzle fire and other alpha-elements, which intersect the water surface.

* Fixed: Extended scene sequences called problems with LODs and textures show.

* Fixed: Terrain LOD produces white spots

COMMUNICATIONS

-------------

* Improvements in the quality of radio communications

* Standardized reporting on known targets have been improved

CAMPAIGN

--------

* Support for up to 4 players in Kooperativmodus

* Music on other bodies in the main campaign added

* Various improvements in emissions and animated scenes

* Improved "StarForce" transport service (this player can better manage occasional problem regarding frozen StarForce fixed)

* Alert function for each found reference added

* Some missing audio files added

ENVIRONMENT

--------

* Rendering of improved surface water

* Various minor fixes and improvements

SOUND EFFECTS

------------

* Effect for players figure in the vicinity of larger explosions added (ringing in the ears, temporary deafness)

CONTROL SURFACE

----------------

* Improved GPS support (Ctrl + right mouse when GPS is available)

* Functions without the map view (default: key J)

* List of players without the map view (default: key P)

* Improved rendering of the peripheral visual field simulation (marks on the screen, the natural boundary of the visual field is)

* Permanent Representation of the leader symbol on the screen even in normal difficulty

* Hide task pane to look in the middle of the screen to release

MODELS

-------

* Aircraft cargo compartments in fixed (The cargo had with the pilots swapped places)

* Camera position for BTR and T90 target devices fixed

* LODs of the visual aid to protect crews in vehicles wheels fixed

* Improved animation for hand-aircraft missile launchers

* Inserted at arms-aircraft missile launchers

* Fire in geometry billboard models fixed

* Changed the engine noise of tractors and buses

* Hotel Schild added

* Ruins of the administration building fixed

* Textures for G36 and a symbol of the fixed MG36

* Animation of the shooter on BRDM-ATGM fixed

* Improved model of the AK-107

* Improved map for reflections in the vicinity

* Improved the cursor A1

* Textures icon of T34 improved optics and fixed tower stabilizer added and exhaust cloud

* PostFX in optics for all Tracked2 models added

* Warfare characters fixed

* AAV-geometry (mass) fixed

* Projection of the first material used to improve meeting

* Improved Holosign own shadow of M4

* Destruction simulation with wrecks and dams on the card improves

Now it's time to fix the MP bugs. :D

* Destruction simulation with wrecks and dams on the card improves

Does the above mean that more structures, objects have destruction anims or such now than before? :)

Just done over 2 hours of testing and since the new patch ive lost performance my fps on an empty map whilst flying is 60 down to below ten before i could get 75 while flying any ideas or has anyone else experianced this.Driving through chernogorsk is like a slide show the maximum fps there is 50 down to 0.Ive now had to overclock my gpu and cpu to get it back up to what it was but still cant achieve 75 fps allthough im now getting better scores in arma mark since my overclock.

I really love this game. Its great, so BIS, please listen when I say this: Fix the bugs, fix the AI pathfinding and the game will be GREAT!

But I really dont care about the performance issues or multiplayer. I hope BIS takes their time to fix single player, bugs and AI.

And I hope you take time to stop sucking co....NOTHING TO SEE HERE MOVE ALONG

Edited by MehMan

I dont remember having any huge problems with pathfindings in Ofp 1. Why do people complain so much about ArmA II? Havent they improved it in 8 years?

I only see a big issue with the release in rest-europe and elsewhere when BIS releases it in 1.01 status to the press (and considering rest-europas press is as perfectionist as our german one = they "care" about AI issues), as the AI is still extremely² buggy!

Keyword horrible pathfinding and non-reaction/stucking/whatever which has NOT been fixed with final 1.01....

I was shocked that Even the german Computerbase.de Arma2 Test/Article from yesterday - and computerbase.de is a very very fair magazine - give no buy recommendence for Arma2 (besides for the true fans) since its so terribly buggy and the most buggy part they criticised was again the AI and all its related issues.

I really wish you all the best BIS for as much sales as possible after the screwed german-area release, but in this stage i have a bad feeling about it....

AI issues aswell as Singleplayer+MP Major issues fixed and i would say it could get a 85%++ Rating game. I would think about this.... German Major Magazines will hardly give better than 70-75% Ratings, which is sad as its resulting from Bugs alone!.....

I agree. The game has gotten a fair bunch of bad reviews, but could get 90% ++ if they solve the problems with crappy path finding and bugs. The game is great otherwise.

Edited by ^Th0mas^

I agree. The game has gotten a fair bunch of bad reviews, but could get 90% ++ if they solve the problems with crappy path finding and bugs. The game is great otherwise.
Well you just gave it nine "bad reviews" in his very thread!?! What part of the new patch do you like best? Did you use the lang patch on your copy of the game? Have you already preordered DR ?viral troll....

That's the reason why i wait with my review. My review will be based on the 505 release 19th june. I hope they manage to fix the worst bugs untill then.

The AI has to be "improved" they shoot you precise with an AK74 on 500 metres after you sniped one, that's damn unrealistic only a sniper should do this. Also the AI shoots through wooden fences where no one can look through.

Everybode of our clan and on our server is complaining about "cheating AI".

I got the "1.01 installed already" error to in the msg box. I'm not so sure it patches correctly even though the file dates are stamped with newer date. The patcher finished WAY to fast comparing to the usual time it takes to patch. I'm reinstalling and patching again just to be sure.

I ended up doing a complete reinstall. Oh everyone don't be like me AND save your progress files.

Edited by Majormauser

Metaboli d/l version here, with beta patch... final patch installed fast and without problems. I am not using the language patch though (doesn't hurt to learn a little German while gaming). That seems to be the problem most people are having (not putting back backed up files).

I was worried I would have to reinstall, which would be bad as I only get 3 activations with my copy. Of course I will buy DVD version also in US when available, so I hope my 3 installs last until then. :rolleyes:

Metaboli d/l version here, with beta patch... final patch installed fast and without problems. I am not using the language patch though (doesn't hurt to learn a little German while gaming). That seems to be the problem most people are having (not putting back backed up files).

I was worried I would have to reinstall, which would be bad as I only get 3 activations with my copy. Of course I will buy DVD version also in US when available, so I hope my 3 installs last until then. :rolleyes:

Usually that means that you get three installs on three seperate computers. Not on the same one.

Unless they do things different in Germany. LOL.

Usually that means that you get three installs on three seperate computers. Not on the same one.

Not to get off topic here, I really just wanted to confirm you can install final over beta patch without problems...

but, I am under the impression I have 3 activations (on 1 computer) before I run into problems (which I'm sure a few emails and a few days of waiting I could get more if needed). It's no big deal really, I knew that before I purchased. It is just to hold me over until I can buy the US DVD.

I'm curious why Arma2 would get bad reviews when it IS playable and with no big showstopper bugs and yet Empire Total War got 90% reviews and its a buggy peice of shit that after 3-4months is still unplayable? It seems because CA/SEGA suck more game review site c*ck they get better scores, BIS dosnt seem to s*ck and dosnt get treated the same.

I only see a big issue with the release in rest-europe and elsewhere when BIS releases it in 1.01 status to the press (and considering rest-europas press is as perfectionist as our german one = they "care" about AI issues), as the AI is still extremely² buggy!

Keyword horrible pathfinding and non-reaction/stucking/whatever which has NOT been fixed with final 1.01....

I was shocked that Even the german Computerbase.de Arma2 Test/Article from yesterday - and computerbase.de is a very very fair magazine - give no buy recommendence for Arma2 (besides for the true fans) since its so terribly buggy and the most buggy part they criticised was again the AI and all its related issues.

I really wish you all the best BIS for as much sales as possible after the screwed german-area release, but in this stage i have a bad feeling about it....

AI issues aswell as Singleplayer+MP Major issues fixed and i would say it could get a 85%++ Rating game. I would think about this.... German Major Magazines will hardly give better than 70-75% Ratings, which is sad as its resulting from Bugs alone!.....

Well that magazine is one I will not purchase... they lie like Sheep that they are!

Not to get off topic here, I really just wanted to confirm you can install final over beta patch without problems...

I think don't think we really know. I re-installed due to the fact the New Patch thinks its installed already. I think it only updates some files that were not there adds them and sees the existing files from the Beta patch and does not replace them for some reason.

Empire Total War got 90% reviews and its a buggy peice of shit that after 3-4months is still unplayable?

Whats with all the ETW hate around here? I have played ETW religiously since it first released, and i can honestly say, i have NEVER run into a single bug, little or big. And the game has not once crashed on me. At least for me, it's a wonderfull game. And so is ARMA 2.

I got a ton of bugs with ETW, from calvary getting stuck to trade routes not working for some nations, to the occasional memory leak.

I also got the 'already installed message'. The files that Sickboy mentioned have been updated so i guess all is well. :D