Sign in to follow this  
Areon

Mod to disable Motion Blur and Running Blur very needed

Thanks Kegetys! It helped a lot! :)

many many thanks for this, the game was unplayable for me in first person due to my GPU introducing an odd pulsing effect, now works fine!

Pulsing effect is there to simulate you have run to far or been doing tiresome things too much. When you stop a while it goes away. Its there for everyone. "loose your focus" - get it. ;)

Kegetys is it possible to make this addon disable the bloom only? i dont mind the motion blur so much as i have a high framerate.

thanks

The best news you can get when waking up.

I tried it and it works great and improves my framerate it seems.

Thanks Kegetys!

Kegetys, do you have any idea why the sky is flickering at times with the mod ?

Apart from the flickering there´s nothing that doesn´t work perfectly right.

I am very thankfull for this mod.

No one else got problems with his command menu trough these pbos? Can't belive I'm the only one.

No problems here :pet7:

72;1301629']Pulsing effect is there to simulate you have run to far or been doing tiresome things too much. When you stop a while it goes away. Its there for everyone. "loose your focus" - get it. ;)

No its not that, theres a bug on some 7 series cards, before you even move the screen pulses, mostly on the right hand side, theres a thread about it in troubleshooting.

i haven't noticed performance boost (( but i see bugs in the campaign

arma22009060701010289.th.jpg

A6000+, 9800 GT, 2Gb RAM, win xp sp3

Well unfortunately I found no direct way to contact you Kegetys.

The config.cpp of your release is different to the 1.01 final release here.

Maybe the source of the problem is also part of the derapify process.

I am using mikero's tools.

Here is the diff between your config and the 1.01 final derapified with Derapify.exe.

Diff and noblurb_config_compare.7z.

Defines and some commands are different in your config.

PS: You may consider renaming the PBO to YourTag_disableMotionBlurAndBloom_dta_bin.pbo

to avoid casual people overwriting the original file.

Well unfortunately I found no direct way to contact you Kegetys.

The config.cpp of your release is different to the 1.01 final release here.

I'm not sure where you downloaded your version, the correct version has only the original config.bin(no cpp file) which is unmodified from what I have from german(metaboli) v1.01 final. The changes are in the shader files.

I use the release from your site for the comparison Kegetys.

Don't get me wrong. Maybe the download sites messed something up.

(Metaboli vs gamesplanet vs DVD version)

I am just doing research as some people report parts of the game no

longer working correctly with this tweak.

The bin.pbo of mine is from gamesplanet download - 1.01 final.

CRC32: 8001124E

MD5: 44C64322F4A9A67641AC4416AFDECA95

SHA-1: D3832C6CA5428622AD6CA683458FFA5A0C815DA3

To compare the actual content I did unpack both your release and

my unmodified bin.pbo and unrap the config with DeRap of mikero

and compare em with compareIt.

This shows the said diff.

I'm not sure where you downloaded your version, the correct version has only the original config.bin(no cpp file) which is unmodified from what I have from german(metaboli) v1.01 final. The changes are in the shader files.

Hello Kegety, thx for your mod,

is it possible to have a "nobloom" mod only, i actually like the motion blue, well atleast when on foot.

One more vote for a nobloom only option. :-)

are there server keys?

I second this :) With such a huge, huge addon (and thanks a lot Mr Keg, working your magic as usual), it will become a must-have, meaning server running signature checks will need your signature for this one, Kegetys.

Kegetys, you are fantastic.

However, BIS should listen to the fanbase and make it optional.

Vote on this issue here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73991

And maybe leave some kind of comment so it doesn't get washed down.

I think this is a very very important issue as it will turn away a lot of players if left unfixed, maybe even including me. I actually physically get sick playing the game with the motion blur on for an hour. The bloom effects are great for causing eppileptic seasures for those vaguely eppileptic.

This is not something that should be fixed with an addon, it's basic engine parameters.

Here :) It allows disabling the motion blurs and optionally the "bloom" as well. Disabling the motion blur effect seems to increase the fps as well, an official fix would propably increase it a bit more since this one just replaces the PS effect with a direct copy "effect".

u gonna make a "low" plants mod for arma2 as well?

Kegetys, you are fantastic.

However, BIS should listen to the fanbase and make it optional.

Vote on this issue here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73991

And maybe leave some kind of comment so it doesn't get washed down.

I think this is a very very important issue as it will turn away a lot of players if left unfixed, maybe even including me. I actually physically get sick playing the game with the motion blur on for an hour. The bloom effects are great for causing eppileptic seasures for those vaguely eppileptic.

This is not something that should be fixed with an addon, it's basic engine parameters.

Well said Yoma, voted and posted! check out the pole results. Speaks for itself.

All glory to Kegety's for giving people what they want. However i heard that it disables all blur and not only the look left/right one. To me its amazing how you would want to remove the close impact blur (wich is there for a split second adding immersion) and the supression bur. These are IMO very good immersion factors and i thank BIS for that. I missed that in ArmA1. Or actually i didnt know i missed them until i experienced them. They arent cheesy or gamey at all since they are fast and also very well puts you out of concentration/focus wich would happen in RL.

Anyway, just had to say that. The 1st person look around blur i dont like and i thaught this mod removed that. Since it removes all ill live with a bit lower FPS when i get ARMA2. But hey thats just me i guess. Me like effects mimicing feelings! :D

Oh and also: I always thaught the option for blur or not was for the 1st person look around weird blur effect. The others make perfect sense to me even though the tired blur needs tweaking to not come so fast.

@Alex: Close hit blur and running 10sec and getting slight LSD vision effects are still there.

just turn post processing off in video settings