Sign in to follow this  
Z-Nine

The Campaign - Absolutely Incredible

Do you get to fly any of the aircrafts, helicopters in the singlepalyer campaign?

I too have to say I really love the campaign. Finally we get some proper characters again. :)

But has anyone noticed that Coops doesn't really sound black? I believe he has the same voice as a character from OFP and/or ArmA (been a while since I played those campaigns) and it just sounds so... white. Can't really explain it. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

To me coops definately sounds african-american, its miles who doesnt sound it to me. on another note i think CPL Smith at the Big Crapple is Col Augusta Autumn from fallout 3

Damn you guys..... you're killing me!!!

Do you get to fly any of the aircrafts, helicopters in the singlepalyer campaign?

I haven't played the whole campaign, but I guess not. Only as passenger. You play a force recon team after all, not Navy pilots.

Damn you guys..... you're killing me!!!

Just roll on your back and start screaming. We will revive you. :D

I've been having too much fun with the editor to play the campaign although I did play the first 2 missions. First mission I did have a bug getting a certain NPC to follow me but man, the friendly AI was just amazing, dare I even say -proficient! I mean I couldn't keep up with these guys, they were just killing machines, something rarely seen outside of the scripted shooter. I'll still hold off until I get the word that it's really tight but everytime I start up arma2 I get that christmas-time feeling of there being so many toys to check out.

zOMG, I solved the problem by resetting the graphics setting to default and then back to the high settign I was using previously.

I've been having too much fun with the editor to play the campaign although I did play the first 2 missions. First mission I did have a bug getting a certain NPC to follow me but man, the friendly AI was just amazing, dare I even say -proficient! I mean I couldn't keep up with these guys, they were just killing machines, something rarely seen outside of the scripted shooter. I'll still hold off until I get the word that it's really tight but everytime I start up arma2 I get that christmas-time feeling of there being so many toys to check out.

yes the AI in general is a hellva lot better, all you have to worry about now is wether you want tme to hold fire and which formation you want them to be in.

The game is awesome , definately 'game 2' . The game works very well and weve only had one patch !lol

So much more than i hoped for .

Is it possible to untie the captives in the first mission?

Can anyone tell me if I got that right:

The campaign are basically story-driven missions (as before) but now with the option to recieve random "side quests" (as it would be called in RPGs)?

The SECOM and other modules in the editor seemed to imply that. Which would mean the replay value is trough the roof on this one.

Oh, and if it isn't a spoiler: What happens if your teammates get hurt? In Queen's Gambit, having the leader shot would always give you a "mission failed", which was stupid since the guy was acting idiotic.

If a team member dies, mission is failed. Big difference though, there are not acting stupid this time

Hi Helmut_AUT

Replay value on all BIS's games has ALWAYS been through the roof.

The built in editor means you can make an unlimited number of missions or campaigns and dowload those that others have made.

That is before you start MODing and ArmA is the most modable game there has ever been bar none.

That said they have raised the bar with ArmA II it would appear from what others have said. I have not got it yet though many people I play with online have. I will resist the pull of Morphicon disease and wait for the 505 release. Only 2 weeks and 1 day to go. :( I will resist I will!

Now I will: pay the company taxes and go cut the hedge.

Kind Regards walker

To me coops definately sounds african-american, its miles who doesnt sound it to me. on another note i think CPL Smith at the Big Crapple is Col Augusta Autumn from fallout 3

Coops sounds like Bas Rutten the Dutch MMA fighter. Miles sounds like that Seth Green, neither sounds black.

Walker, I've been playing this stuff since OFP - but the mission editor never allowed yourself to easily "create yourself a mission" worth replaying 4 or 5 times - and external downloads ranged from great to sucky.

In Arma all I did at the end - quite happily - was playing Warfare on my own, since it worked as a kind of "mission generator" for single play. Now with Arma2 it actually sounds like script-generated random events are the order of the day even trough the SP campaign.

wow, great thread guys, I gotta add that having to wait (pre ordered) is very hard indeed.

With mission time being so long, how does resupply work?

Easy - if you run out of ammo, your best bet to find more would to RTB and find an ammo cache somewhere, or you can just do what I do.. steal the weapons off your enemies :)