Placebo

ArmA II & OA Photography I - No images over 100kb - Pictures only NO comments.

Civillian involved in a high-speed pursit, just east of Chernogorsk. The civillian was spotted speeding past the local gas station, an officer spotted him and started the pursit. When pulled over, they found the motive was a robbery. The man had robbed the local game store, in order to get the new game ArmA II. Jack Thompson tried to sue the game company, the publisher, and the store selling the game; yet he failed.

Action Shot:

2q84yad.jpg

If this is how ArmAII is supposed to look on a GeForce 9800GT and a Core2Duo E6600,

I may just as well play OFP.

These graphics are LOL.

I hope they fix the graphics in a patch, cause this actually chocked me.

This is how it looks for me on a Geforce 9800M GTS with a Core 2 Duo P8600:

arma22009060402332153s.th.png

arma22009060402113189.th.png

arma22009060401284863.th.png

Can't say 21-25 FPS is any good at Very High/High settings, but I just have to have my high graphics.:p

Edited by Cheeseman

here goes my literaly FIRST(in ofp,arma & arma2) post in combat photography thread...

dunno why, but i'm still aware of that 100kb image limit from ofp combat photography threads, so nor wall-e(whoops i ment w0lle) nor placebo can send me to court marshal :p

oh yeah, forgot the pictures...

don't forget to click on them for better quality images for better military weaponary examination.

visual distance set to 50m:

gunshipclose.th.jpg

gunship1.th.jpg

visual distance set to 515m:

gunship3.th.jpg

gunship2.th.jpg

God has listined to our prays, on the 7th creation "day"(should be 7 years since ofp, oh wait, 8? ) he gave us world of arma2, then the worlds collided (ofp, arma & arma2)... and then what?

BIS gave us ATTACH TO command!!!

Love arma2, love attach to(there's so much potential). Thank you BIS!!!

P.S. screenshots were made after specialy changing cfg files to max out visual settings(everything were very high, but dunno why rezolution didn't change to 1600x1200 after setting it in cfg), since my hardware is outdated(msi ms-7235 neo motherboard, geeeforce 7600GT, core 2 duo 6300 (1,86GHz), 2x512mb PQI DDR2 533mhz ram chips...) = FPS ~ 1 xD

Edited by Gedis

RH: thats some lame acting :P ;) j/k

I've took my car for a nice Saturday drive around Utes :]

cruising.jpg

Testing Kegetys NoBlur - Mod:

Very good thing to remove Blur and optionally Bloom effect from postprocessing.

Noticeable rise in performance comes along with the mod aswell and allowed me to set fillrate to 150 percent and other setting to very high, except shadows :)

Check out Kegetys message with Download-link here.

arma22009060619160828.th.jpg

arma22009060619171058.th.jpg

arma22009060619323213.th.jpg

Edited by Balschoiw

Well, it's not exactly in-game, but some of the photos I've used are infact in-game from ArmA 2.

Under 100KB and maximum 4 pictures, it should be in order.

Newspaper_Original_Complete_02_01.jpg

Newspaper_Original_Complete_02_02.jpg

Newspaper_Original_Complete_02_04.jpg

Newspaper_Original_Complete_02_05.jpg

Thanks to "Seven of Nine" for helping me take the pictures I needed. The rest is my creation. I hope you like the stories, it's nothing fancy really.

Might be some typos, but it's just for fun ;)

There are a few hints from the past if you can spot them. And the answers to why I wrote these articles:

-"Antique plane" is about the missing An-2 plane addon. It was shown very early in development, but nothing about it in the vehicles list. There is also a mentioning about a snowman addon which we saw in a screenshot released last winter.

-"ChDKZ". Is there a connection to SLA perhaps? ChDKZ couldn't suddenly just take half of a country without experience.

-"Trainstrike" Hey, the trains are static objects. Here is your answer why.

-"Russia condemns". For obvious reasons I think Russia would have been displeased with a U.S. involvment in the Georgia-Russia conflict, and this seem similar in many ways.

-E3 has just been

Addons: None really, but Sahrani is used. It was reported to be with alot of errors though. I'm guessing it was missing texture or objects. Seems to work well enough to snap some pictures however.

Edited by colossus
typo / added spoiler

Some multiplayer screens from the last couple days (click pics for full size):

arma22009-06-0701-21-12-44_small.jpg

arma22009-06-0701-12-41-48_small.jpg

arma22009-06-0602-29-53-92_small.jpg

arma22009-06-0623-11-34-25_small.jpg