gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

Doesn't work.... thats what i did the first time i transfered it across, started up steam, verified integrity of files, then ran A2. Steam proceeds to start an 8GB download.

And i am not sure why you are giving me the folder location..... but ok.

just to make sure you don't slapping the A2 content into OA folder ;)

I own Arma X on steam, and I'm having problems updating OA to the latest beta patch. All the patches come up with an error saying "Wrong CD Key" but all the ones before 104648 work even though this error comes up, but 104648 and after fail to install. I've searched around at other posts but none of the fixes I've found so far have worked. Any way to get the patch to work?

edit: fixed - verified integrity of game cache for OA Beta and it updated it to the latest

Edited by Moozery
fixed

Hello, this might be the wrong thread, if so, sorry.

I own the retail copy of ARMA X, but I have lost my ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead CD. I have my ARMA 2 CD, and the CD keys for both games.

I tried activating my code on Steam, but it has too many numbers/letters.

Is it possible to get my game back? Please help.

I own Arma2, Arma2OA, BAF, PMC, and ACR via steam.

Recently i had to reinstal my OS (win7)

After reinstalling everithing back, I cant run ACR dlc. Steam sayz i own it, but it doesnt appear in my Steam library, and i cant find ACR missions when i play Arma i can play BAF OA and PMC (althought PMC is bugged and After 3rd mision corrupts savegames) but cant play ACR

I own Arma2, Arma2OA, BAF, PMC, and ACR via steam.

Recently i had to reinstal my OS (win7)

After reinstalling everithing back, I cant run ACR dlc. Steam sayz i own it, but it doesnt appear in my Steam library, and i cant find ACR missions when i play Arma i can play BAF OA and PMC (althought PMC is bugged and After 3rd mision corrupts savegames) but cant play ACR

ACR doesn't appear as a standalone entry in steam but under View Downloadable Content in Arma2OA.

Also ACR is not fully integrated as BAF or PMC so check if it is enabled in Expansions or if you use the -mod= parameter add ACR to it.

If it all fails, try to Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

THx ill try

Edit: I dont even have it in expansions so i cant enable it.

Looks like if i deleted it from disc. but why the hell would i do such thing.

Edit: Solved. I had to shutdown steam and start it again as an Administrator.

Edited by Mirek

I own Arma 2 and OA. I bought BAF and PMC last year? I have not had any problems. I have not had the game installed for a couple months and decided to re install it from Steam. This time I bought ACR as well - to complete my collection. First of all - my problem is not getting ACR to run or having Steam detect the game. I figured that out. Please continue reading.

I noticed crashes to desktop right away. Where the screen would minimize, yet I could still hear the sound. Initially I blamed it all on ACR and thought I had a bad install, so I deleted ALL my old Arma files and started over from steam. No better. What seems to be happening is that when I have all 3 DLCs - ACR, BAF, and PMC activated at once - the game freezes up. So when I reinstalled the game before installing PMC and BAF, I ran it with just OA and ACR. And it seemed fine. I thought it was fixed. So thinking I had figured it out as a bad install, I proceeded to install BAF and PMC - and the problem came back.

If I uncheck ACR from activating in the menu and just leave the other two DLC run, the game is fine.

On the occasions I did manage to get the game to run with all three dlc activated, I noticed that when I play in the Armory, the two towns that are added via ACR are weird. The landscape is barren - there are no trees, buildings, or grass. Very hard to sneak up!

I see alot of threads with ACR problems on forums and wonder if this might be their issue as well? Any thoughts? I have not tested extensively, but as of late last night this is what I see.

I appreciate any insight into the problem.

Edited by allthumbs

Update: I tested further, and if I disable ACR I have no problems. Unfortunately I have no way to try to see if I can just enable ACR and not BAF or PMC as those two are not selectable to disable in the menu for some reason. So I guess I can't play ACR. Bummer..

I am positive though, that when i ran the game initially with just Arma 2 and OA with ACR enabled - but before I installed BAF or PMC, that it ran fine. Once i installed the other two it got messed up. Wish I could get someone to test this out.

Please also see post # 1262 from this thread by Zeewolf for further info - I have same issues also - but no one ever answered him either....

Edited by allthumbs

Hello

I have a Steam copy of ArmA 2 OA and a disc copy of ArmA 2 and i was wondering how to run them as Combined Ops

Hi,

I bought X edition on steam and install a2+a2oa+baf+pmc+acrlite+beta 108074 with running the app after every stage. I saw all in expansion list in game and I have utes and chernarus maps in editor so I think steam correctly integrated a2 with a2oa.

But still I miss the "Launch A2 CO" option in steam only "play a2OA" and "launch in windowed mode" options. Is it normal?!

The second problem is when I use -mod parameter in desktop shortcut or launch options in steam I lost a2+a2OA integration. Game started as AO + BAF+PMC + beta + CA(?) + @mod. I was try different mods the problem is same. When I deleted -mod parameter the game runs perfect.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?101214-ARMA-2-CO-(how-to-combine-ARMA-2-into-ARMA-2-OA-and-use-together)&p=2561837&viewfull=1#post2561837 - I think he has the same problem

I'm having issues trying to run Arma2 OA and it's DLC's, I decided to back up all the game files as a precaution, I'm on a very slow connection so re downloading would be a killer for me.

Anyway... I backed up all DLC's and OA without any issues, nice juicy sizes, but when I tried to back up ARMA 2 Vanilla, the download said 2 DVD size disks, as in a whopping 8 Gigs, but the back up always ends up as only 3 files, and totalling less than 6MB!! Somethings wrong, I try to verify the game caches as well, and always get 2 errors to be fixed on start up...what gives??

I've bought humble bundle weekly sale and everything fine, now on a family member secondary account linked to my primary account on steam with family sharing i'm having issues on downloading ARMA 2, since the file size is just 5.2MB and so no game at all. OA it's fine.

Already tried to change donwload server, destination hard drive, checking cache, deleting and reinstalling hundreds of time but still nothing.

Anyone resolved this? Tomorrow the bundle will be gone, and I don't wanna risk to buy another one if the game won't download

Hi ! I have an issue with ArmA 2. Yesterday I bought the ArmA X pack on B.I. website, activated the keys and all went good, all the games looks bought on Steam, but ArmA 2 does not.

I had that game in my library because a friend gift me the key from the bohemia humble bundle, and now that I re-bought it still looks not purchased. How can I fix this? Thanks !

Hi ! I have an issue with ArmA 2. Yesterday I bought the ArmA X pack on B.I. website, activated the keys and all went good, all the games looks bought on Steam, but ArmA 2 does not.

I had that game in my library because a friend gift me the key from the bohemia humble bundle, and now that I re-bought it still looks not purchased. How can I fix this? Thanks !

Anyone?!

If you had ARMA2 already on steam it will probely not activate a 2nd serial for the same game.

Send with Tapatalk.

hi I recently bought operation arrowhead in the steam sale and am having a few problems with it the first is that when I get to the first mission nothing will happen at all can anybody help

Hey guys!

For some reason (without my realizing it) I've been playing with the Lite versions of PMC and BAF. But I bought everything all at once and have always had them all installed every time I have an instance of Arma2 installed. Including Arma2, Arma2:OA, BAF, PMC, and ACR. They're all always installed.

The symptom is really bad textures (I'm sure anyone familiar with the lite versions and what they result in will be immediately familiar with what I've been just living with thinking it might've been a problem elsewhere) and I'm only just now realizing after my first 2 months of playing Arma2:OA that these textures are ALL supposed to be as good as the others! >.< I can't believe it =(

Why is steam loading up "Lite" versions??? I've never installed (intentionally) any Lite-anything. Never needed to! I thought I owned and installed everything!

So at the main menus "Expansion" dialogue, everything appears to be listed, but the NON-ACR DLCs are both "(Lite)". And there is no non-lite option to be enabled in this list. Anyone know how to fix this? I have a number of ideas on where to look to gain an understanding for what might fix this, but I'd much rather just do it correctly and only once.

EDIT: Also worth noting. Something that I never attributed to these textures... I always always get the errors "Private military company failed to start Error : 53" and then "British military forces failed to start error : 53" but now that I'm looking at it from a blurry-textures standpoint, it all now makes sense.

EDIT 2: Oh....my...... I don't believe it... So..... It appears as though... I'm almost too frustrated and mad to put this to words. But it appears as though after you use the "Install" button for your PMC and BAF steam game library entries, you still have to click "PLAY" to actually install the full version of those DLC packages. This never occured to me as a possibility for completely installing a DLC package because you don't "play" DLC you "install" it! Ohhhhh the colorful words I want to use...

Once you've finished downloading the downloader to start the download, then install the installer to play the DLC which will be downloadable once you play the installer....and THEN you can content the load downer play game for make greater glorious Arma2... IF and only IF you PLAY the uninstaller you will then have open the REAL installer. sorry...intentionally incoherent fury vented.

Edited by ThatGamer_Bullet

Lite versions are present always in default data, hence what you see is actually not correctly installed full versions of the DLC

if normal install or auto-install fails (to try ensure that start STEAM via "run as administrator" then start A2: OA via STEAM)

best way how manually trigger the DLC install is goto your A2:OA directory within STEAMapps\Common\

and find DLCsetup\%DLCname%\datacachepreprocessor.exe and start it via "run as admin" ... (while not running OA)

Edited by Dwarden

Hi.

Maybe this would be the wrong thread but I searched around and couldn't find any other solution.

I have ArmA 2, Arrowhead, BAF, PMC and ACR DLCs full on Steam.

Now when I want to run a game (OA Beta) with some mod, ArmA 2 and ACR disappear from the game. I used just one mod. Simple addon for FPS increase.

Anyway here is a screenshots when I add just one mod:

1: http://i.imgur.com/vUkGSDx.jpg

2: http://i.imgur.com/MLYPv2Q.png

3: http://i.imgur.com/JmsjAaf.jpg

Here is if I run without -mod=@grass

1. http://i.imgur.com/Z67ls9c.png

Any idea why this is happening?

I tried everything I found on the net. Verify Integrity, reinstall, etc but whatever I do, if I add a SINGLE mod, ArmA 2 and ACR content will not be available.

Edit: I noticed this when I ran OA Beta without -mod=@something

http://i.imgur.com/OZWalSi.png

Game asks for a restart and selected mod is active after restart and all expansions are there. But how to enable all mods to run like this without the need to enable it every time? Also, some mods need to be run "first" like CBA so this approach is not very good.

I had no problems with Mods until I got Steam versions...

Thanks.

Edited by robbie84

tried to install my retail versions on steam ... failed

game starts with tons of errors

Arma 2 Retail DVD - entered DVD key in steam, downloaded and installed ... all okay

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Retail DVD - entered key in steam, downloaded and installed ... all okay

Arma 2 Reinforcements Retail DVD (only for BAF/PMC) - entered key in steam, downloaded and tried to install ... errors

Arma 2 ACR DLC from BIS Shop - entered key in steam, downloaded and tried to install ... errors

so please explain me how to install my special constellation :confused: in correct order on steam without errors ?

made screenshots of errors and can send if needed

edit:

is it possible to have two separate installations (steam/DVD Retail) together?

I did not deinstall Retail version before I begun with steam installation

Edited by maquez

did you started your STEAM OA version before installing the DLCs on STEAM ?

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

if you use -mod= then you disable the registry driven mods which are used by the autodetection ...

Hello, I have a question, I bought Arma 2 within the Arma 2 complete collection with the steam discount this week-end, but the problem is that it is only in english or czech (I guess)... How is it possible to have it in my language?

Thank you!

please BIS give us a valid tutorial how to install arma 2 on steam for us retail users

I read in many forums steam included that a lot of people do have big problems, specially owners of Arma 2 Reinforcements

Arma 2 (Retail DVD)

Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead (Retail DVD)

Arma 2 Reinforcements (Retail DVD) ... this only for the DLC's BAF and PMC

Arma 2 ACR DLC (BIS Store)

how to install without errors ?

following situation:

registered all my versions on steam.

download and install of Arma 2 works !

startet Arma 2 once

download and install of Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead works but

as soon I start Arma 2 OA an error appears on screen

could not read \steamaps...\DLCSetup\ACR\setup.dat

Arma starts then with a second error

...\ACR\Addons\air_acr.pbo - decryption of header failed

it runs but is missing stuff.

I followed description in this Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2szI0f8BLo

no way !

even it corrupted now my retail installation :mad: error appears about missing activation key

Edit:

information... Steam uses the Key from Reinforcements and not the Key from Operation Arrowhead so my question is this okay?

and btw I did not deinstall my retail version prior to steam installation

probably this can be problem

Edited by maquez

Good day. I hope, i find some help there

I have Arma 2 Reinforstments DVD, and activated it in STEAM

A take steam key of A2 and ACR

Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, Arma 2 BAF and Arma 2 PMC appear in my Steam game list

I downloaded all.

First, i downloaded A2 , and launched it.Battleaye was intalled too

Then, i installed OA, launched it. A2 was in explantions, and all content from A2 my game see

But PMC and BAF installers talk, that can't find OA key

ACR installer do not wont even start, he just run standart OA

I looked in regedit, and in OA folder KEY parameter is not exist.

I reintalled OA, but key do not appeared in regedit folder.

What can i do?:butbut:

this may be helpful to some disc version owners

http://www.gitsclan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=6732&p=66271

however i cannot start an MP server but everything else works after some hours going around and around reinstalling in sequence every game. after 3x it worked but still plagued me with messages about keys, even though it has them all and is registered...

ah and the squad xml URL window has gone :(

Edited by eggbeast