gimpymoo

ARMA2 & OA's Steam Thread: All Steam Q's/discussions go here [covered by Dwarden]

I also got Arma 2 Oa stopped working.

Everytime i try to start it or combined operations.

Bought Arma 2 + Oa yesterday on steam.

Arma 2 works perfectly and runs smooth on high though :)

Same problem over here.

(I just remembered I had that problem with the OA demo too.)

Got OA running using the beta patch.

Is it possible to play with others that way? Just tried a few servers and it didn't work. Mods could have been the problem, I'm not sure about it.

EDIT: Tried some more servers, no luck. Sometimes the scenario gets transfered, but I keep getting kicked back to the lobby without information.

And how do I tell Steam to start it the beta. What exactly do I have to do with that beta shortcut?

Anyway, beta patch is no solution, because CO doesn't work.

Every new idea would be appreciated.

Edited by alka

Same problem over here.

(I just remembered I had that problem with the OA demo too.)

Got OA running using the beta patch.

Is it possible to play with others that way? Just tried a few servers and it didn't work. Mods could have been the problem, I'm not sure about it.

And how do I tell Steam to start it the beta. What exactly do I have to do with that beta shortcut?

Anyway, beta patch is no solution, because CO doesn't work.

Every new idea would be appreciated.

Well i cant start OA with steam. But i can start it with the short cut labelled "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" but its still not CO.

Also it is working for me in MP

The error i get in steam when i try to launch OA or CO is

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
 Application Name:	ArmA2OA.exe
 Application Version:	1.55.75.556
 Application Timestamp:	4cdbf0fa
 Fault Module Name:	StackHash_0a9e
 Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
 Fault Module Timestamp:	00000000
 Exception Code:	c0000005
 Exception Offset:	003a9966
 OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
 Locale ID:	1053
 Additional Information 1:	0a9e
 Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
 Additional Information 3:	0a9e
 Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Edited by empa

Well i cant start OA with steam. But i can start it with the short cut labelled "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" but its still not CO.

Also it is working for me in MP

The error i get in steam when i try to launch OA or CO is

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
 Application Name:	ArmA2OA.exe
 Application Version:	1.55.75.556
 Application Timestamp:	4cdbf0fa
 Fault Module Name:	StackHash_0a9e
 Fault Module Version:	0.0.0.0
 Fault Module Timestamp:	00000000
 Exception Code:	c0000005
 Exception Offset:	003a9966
 OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
 Locale ID:	1053
 Additional Information 1:	0a9e
 Additional Information 2:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
 Additional Information 3:	0a9e
 Additional Information 4:	0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Oh, misunderstanding then.

Got exactly the same error msg.

its happening with me also kaiserskullz everytime i fire a missile on any chopper the game freezes and my pc hangs its from the damn patch 1.55 hope it will b fixed soon its been one week i havent touched arma2 operation arrowhead :(

I got multiplayer to work but turning off antivirus !!!!!!

then turn it back on once i connected and disconnected .

Fsecure antivirus was seeing latest patch as a virus.

Now steam OA and hardcopy ARMAII works!!!!!!

thanks for sharing with it with us,

Fsecure and Zone Alarm and some other security suites are known to cause such issues

I suggest all with a connection issue to disable firewall/antivirus.

start ARMA

click multiplayer and connect to a server if you can.

once you do that back out of the game and reenable your firewall /antivirus.

thanks for sharing with it with us,

Fsecure and Zone Alarm and some other security suites are known to cause such issues

That would be the root of my problem then likley.

I got Zone Alarm.

However i belive i also got a virus or something my computer been acting up latly.

I just uninstalled it, and now things are working perfect i can finaly enjoy this game to its fullest. Thanks allot dwarden!

Also it fixed some other bugs in my computer. Fuck firewall im risking it! (unless someone could reccomend me a fully working wall to use with gaming)

Edited by empa

That would be the root of my problem then likley.

I got Zone Alarm.

However i belive i also got a virus or something my computer been acting up latly.

I just uninstalled it, and now things are working perfect i can finaly enjoy this game to its fullest. Thanks allot dwarden!

Also it fixed some other bugs in my computer. Fuck firewall im risking it! (unless someone could reccomend me a fully working wall to use with gaming)

yeah your welcome LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey quick question, first I know that PMC is not out on steam yet, (I bought it from Gamersgate). I just wanted to know what to add to the batch file command line to use it with combines operations, or does it just activate automatically. Sorry Dwarden. So far you have been the best source for this kind of information.

Ringo

I bought the PMC DLC on Steam, but when I try to launch it, steam says it is unavailable. What is going on?

I bought the PMC DLC on Steam, but when I try to launch it, steam says it is unavailable. What is going on?

I'm guessing we'll have to wait a little bit before steam can decrypt and launch the necessary files.

I get the same error.

Hey, I purchased the PMC DLC on Steam and was excited to see it get put up today. I use ArmA II Launcher to launch my game. I did not see a folder named 'PMC' in the Available Mods selection. From what little I could gather from all of this it appears the installer didn't even create the 'PMC' folder in my OA directory as BAF did with it's installer.

Here's an image to show what did appear:

PMC-Bug2.png

And when I loaded it and launched the game I got firstly 'Game Is Unavailable' from Steam and it kept loading my Combined Operations. Then I got this.

PMC-Bug.png

I'd really to play this DLC soon, able to assist?

Edited by Sif

Lots of folks seem to have the "unavailable" issues with the steam version -- my PMC will not even "install" after the download. I hope this gets sorted quickly.

Actually I only get the Cannot Start error and when I use a launcher it like lags horribly. It will stop then go then stop then and I opened the map and apparently its still on the lite version :(

Actually I only get the Cannot Start error and when I use a launcher it like lags horribly. It will stop then go then stop then and I opened the map and apparently its still on the lite version :(

Something's not right with the Steam version. I'm getting a similar error. I bought it and installed it through Steam, when I go to play it, it says the game is unavailable and then starts OA anyway and it says I'm running PMC (lite).

Steam or BI need to fix this ASAP.

I lagged too much when it got to the main menu ingame, couldn't take it.

I don't care to blame anyone, I just want it fixed.

Whenever i click the icon on my desktop for arma 2 i always get the message:

This game is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

I have been getting this message for over 24 hours and i cant live without arma for that looong! someone help me! I am desperate.

I've had that same problem with PMC and it refuses to work on game start.

Steam version doesnt work, not BIS fault

I wonder, does Steam convert it on their own time or does BI provide them with a compliant version?

seems like the new patch eliminated the "stopped working" issue. :yay:

Steam seems to have failed to properly install PMC

It produces the message "This game is currently unavailable" (in a steam dialogue) when launching, but starts Arrowhead anyways. There is no PMC sub-folder, though there is a PMC folder in the DLCsetup folder.

"Private Military Company Lite" appears in the Expansions menu (only).

When the Editor loads and previews a mission in the Proving Grounds the following Script Error appears:

ca\modules_pmc\functions\campaign\fn_initindentity.sqf not found

I tried verifying local game cache

I tried deleting local game files and redownloading them

I tried disabling Anti-Virus.

Win7 x64 Pro

Steam seems to have failed to properly install PMC

It produces the message "This game is currently unavailable" (in a steam dialogue) when launching, but starts Arrowhead anyways. There is no PMC sub-folder, though there is a PMC folder in the DLCsetup folder.

Yep, same here, "not available". Tried the usual fixes: administrator mode, deletec clientregistry.blob, removed write protection of game folder.

AFAIK datacachepreprocessor.exe is supposed to run to complete the installation, but it does not happen. I also tried starting that manually but got the same "Not available...". With BAF I had the problem that the game + datacacheprocessor start simultaneously, and of course it can't patch any files that are in use. Running the exe separately helped, but this time it seems like a Steam fail.

Edited by Luomu