Sign in to follow this  
Skeptic

Arma 2 Community Issue Tracker

hi,

Here's a new issue with the patch 1.03. The artillery module has now an issue, when you use the action "target artillery" an error box with press "continue" appear

mini_229816arma2_arti_module_bug.jpg

It worked in 1.02. I like artillery module it's a very good idea, then please fix it in the next patch. :)

cu.

Nikiller.

I get a CTD every 10-20 minutes in the campaign and when i try to save i CTD, my desktop picture goes black and it says 'cannot commit'

Whoever tested the campaign with 1.03 and said it was ok for release should be shot...

Please before you release 1.04 try to fix ALL of the issues here, not just fix the linux files. I love the campaign but every time it crashes i feel massively let down.

I'm having trouble registering to the Community Issue Tracker. I have filled out the registration form, but following the account activation hyperlink in the email does nothing. I just end up at the home page (and still can not log in).

UPDATE : Successfully activated my account, the problem was caused by the online email client i used introducing characters into the activation token code (text encoding issue?)

Edited by ceeeb

I registered for it this morning and it worked fine, got the email and activated my account.

I've already posted 4 bugs but I'm not entirely sure how to use it... it asks for a user to assign task too... how are we supposed to know who to do that for?????

So I just chose some random names ;)

Yapa

Yapa you are not to assign to anyone please.

Please read the wiki page for the A2 CIT.

;1405188']Come on BIS. what is Going on???? Please' date=' at least acknowledge there is a problem!

I have a Rage II extreme Motherboard running an I7 cpu and 2 x GTX 285's

It doesnt matter whether im in XP Pro or Win7 Arma now with 1.03 randomly crashes. Its either just a shut down to desktop with no explanation, a complete lockon like nvidi/ArmaI, image stuttering to a halt and locking up, triangulations and freezing or "Arma has stopped working" I cant join the chernaris life 0.19 mission for more than 5

minutes without it crashing.

I spent alot of money to get the best hardware just to get the most out of ArmA 2 but now I get nothing out of it other than frustration!

All I am asking is for some "support" here. An acknowledgement there is a problem or some communication to see if I'm doing something wrong, although I doubt it. I'm a professional I.T technician and am excelent in fault finding. Ive tried every suggested tweak in every combination. SLI on/off Physx on/off. Every driver I can find, Windowed, maxmem, you name it.

PLEASE RESPOND NOW!

I need help ! same problem...

I need help ! same problem...

same problem, mainly in coastal cities like chernogorsk and elektrozavodsk, but i also get random CTDs now aswell, which weren't in 1.02

One of the members of my group is having trouble with crash error report send to microsoft :

AppName: arma2.exe AppVer.1.3.0.58627 ModName:arma2.exe

ModVer:1.3.0.58627 Offset: 003eb9fb

When he first installed the game it ran fine. We played for a week or so and he started getting these crashes. He decided to uninstall the game then reinstall. Now when he starts the game when he gets to the main menu and clicks options crash with the above error report.

Whats up?

Two other of my group have been getting crashes but not often.

Cowboy

Well seems my buddy uninstalled the game, then added the 1.2 patch and the game works fine. When he adds the 1.3 patch it crashes at main menu.

He has DL the 1.3 patch from 2 different sites with the same result. Anyone have an idea why.

He is running Q6600- 790i mobo- 4 gig RAM-raid stripe-8800gt sli- soundblaster fatality SC- windows XP pro.

interesting.

I am crashing quite a bit now since 1.03. never crashed in 1.02. Seems to like to crash when the shit gets heavy. I have looked for that arma2 file requested, but cant find it. I cant even find the appropriate folders for them. I sure do hope they fix this in the next patch :(

steam version of arma2

DFI Lanparty p35

Intel Q6600 OC'd 3.0ghz

4GB 2X2 Kingston HyperX

74 gb WD Raptor

9800GTX+

Thermaltake 700W

Windows Vista Home

I notice the last 2 posters have the Q6600.

my launch options are

-maxmem=2047 -cpuCount=4 -nosplash

Edited by SpecterM

interesting.

I am crashing quite a bit now since 1.03. never crashed in 1.02. Seems to like to crash when the shit gets heavy. I have looked for that arma2 file requested, but cant find it. I cant even find the appropriate folders for them. I sure do hope they fix this in the next patch :(

steam version of arma2

DFI Lanparty p35

Intel Q6600 OC'd 3.0ghz

4GB 2X2 Kingston HyperX

74 gb WD Raptor

9800GTX+

Thermaltake 700W

Windows Vista Home

my launch options are

-cpuCount is for limiting number of cores. You have four so it won't do anything for you. Also with cpuCount switch you need to also set affinity accordingly. Read here.

Edited by Skeptic

With the latest Beta i am CTDing everytime i choose MP mission settings.

Time, Weather, AI skill etc.

Game frozen several times now. Tried to include the bug report files with this report but it will not let me post files.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

interesting.

steam version of arma2

DFI Lanparty p35

Intel Q6600 OC'd 3.0ghz

4GB 2X2 Kingston HyperX

74 gb WD Raptor

9800GTX+

Thermaltake 700W

Windows Vista Home

my launch options are

You can't find the files because you need to switch on hidden files and folders in the view menu first.

Well, after turning down the all graphic settings and what not I finally got Arma II to be somewhat stable in one of the scenerio missions. So I decided to continue my campaign game. I'm int he mission "badlands" and had captured the first two cities then all of a sudden BAM, CTD to desktop with this error message: "Device Failed". So I reload the game and try to load the campaign and get a CTD with error message :

"unable to read : //progam files/.../../..save

So I can't even continue the campaign. AWESOME. I'm giving up. Gl 2 u all.

Haven't gone through the thread and don't know how to search / add to the tracker, sorry:

- Anti-Air vehicles continue to fire at aircraft that have been shot down

EDIT: Might be more of an aesthetic thing, but the Hind "distance texture" (sorry don't know the technical term - LOD?) is too bright, so the transition is jarring from an almost white texture to a dark one.

Edited by Lhowon

I am trying to include the log file but I do not see a place to attach/upload (per your instructions http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76670). edit: here's the link: http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/e2317eb7cc_0.93MB It was working fine under 1.03 and it does the scenarios just fine, but when I try to continue my game under Harvest Red it locks up after a minute or two. Ambient sounds continue, but whatever in-game music was on stops, and then the game quits responding (I have to ctrl-alt-del out). I am completely up to date on everything else. Please advise!

Edited by ptdrake

Many bugs reports in this one. Probably all CTDs.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a01459754a9b3e3075a4fc82078ae6c8e04e75f6e8ebb871

And I get this really weird error where Arma 2 minimizes by itself and then stops giving me visual input. I can't switch back to it either. So the audio is there, and WASD and my mouse all still work; I can hear myself walking, shooting and the people around me. But all I can see is my desktop, or whatever other application is on top.

It's strange and annoying since i have to close the game.

ctd for me trying to play campaign via the internet hosting.

freeze during save games . have to ctrl alt del. latest patch and ms xp updates

Tracker keeps crashing on me so will ask here. Has it been notified that the LAV-25 seems to have a helicopters height and speed display in the top left corner instead of the tanks one? Sadly this makes the LAV useless in MP as the commander cannot give an enemy bearing reference for the gunner!

Hi

Drove a Humvee to Dressler and talked to him and Marny. Went and solved Olegich's problem. Went to the little town with the castle, talked to the guy by the town well. Then the bad farmer. Had a little bit of a firefight with some Chdzk, while climbing the hill to get the files in the castle. Left the Humvee and flew by helicopter to the quarry.... Have had 2 freezups looking down into the quarry trying to kill the guards and one freezup while in the chopper.

The files are zipped here: http://rapidshare.de/files/48526983/arma2.zip.html

Hope it helps.

I am also still having trouble with 8GB of ram on my Win 7 RC1 x64 setup with a Nvidia GTX 275 with driver 191.07. The picture is totally screwed up and there are pretty much no textures. Just blocks. Only way to "solve" it is to msconfig my way down to 6-7 GB ram. This latest driver has made a good change to performance. I haven't measured it, but it sure feels smoother.

Hope for more patches n such. It would be a real shame if I had to drop the game because it is too buggy.

/Jon

I did a search but couldn’t find anything, sorry if its a repeat.

On my set up at least, the Force Recon Laser Designator guy has huge arms!

I don’t mean muscly, I mean grotesquely long!

This only happens when he is holding a rifle. Change to a pistol or the laser and all is well.

I'll try and take some screen grabs tonight.

I saw a similar thing on Armed Assault1, when you place the news reporter woman on the map, all soldiers hands would turn into evil crab claws.

[EDIT]- ..its..its fixed itself! i dont understand... oh well!!!

Edited by stegman

I'm really trying my hardest to follow the rules and post these files in .zip format for people to look at, but I don't have an Aram2.rpt file to give them. I've searched my computer twice, full search, it finds nothing. I'm getting random "Arma2 has encountered a problem and must close." errors. I'm running XP, 3.25gig RAM, Quad core processor, Nvidia card and I think the latest drivers as of a couple of weeks ago. The screen will simply lock up, unlock for a moment, then the white box of death comes up and tells me my game has ended. I'm always playing multiplayer when it does this. I know it's weak, but I have nothing else to show. I don't know what else to do. Arma 1 did the same thing at random times. It might be overheating, but nothing is overclocked and no other game crashes except Arma1 and 2, even FSX with graphics pegged out.

Is there a secret to getting to the Arma2.rpt file? If it's not there, what is another option?

Edit: The user below this reply helped me and I found what I needed. My files are below.

My files can be downloaded here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/296654382/Arma2.zip.html

And my other reply can be deleted.

Edited by waterinthefuel

Using Windows XP Pro, my arma 2 report and dump files are located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<windowsLoginName>\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\

where <windowsLoginName> is the name of the current windows user login. This folder may be considered a hidden/system folder by Windows.

Edited by ceeeb

That was the problem, thank you. Search hidden files and it found it right away. Thanks again!!!

Info like that should be in the OP of this thread.

Edited by waterinthefuel