Sign in to follow this  
MaxRiga

To all who already has it

Please, respond, can't find any info about -

1- what is outside of the map? is it island or endless flat terrain ????

2- is there warfare mission in multiplayer? or anything alike?

3- does AI use mobile missile launcher ( Grad ) and how is it in the battle?

4- does buildings destroys now more realistic?

5- does air physic of planes different from ArmA? Can you walk inside of cargo area of C130 or Chinook while it's flying?

6- is there any special ( scripts ) for landing on Carrier object?

7- do small airports have ground or asphalt/concrete take off line?

8- are animals really walking around ( like birds and butterflies in ArmA ) or you have to place it manually in editor?

+1 to all the question, especially the animals one

please answer guys, potential buyers here

also

Are the civilians models good?

Are there a stock female soldiers?

Can civilians carry weapons?

regards

Note: I have ArmA 2 with the 1.01 beta patch.

Yes, very good.

Are there stock female soldiers?

No, but they will most likely be included in a community-made mod.

At the moment, only the male civilians.

What is outside of the map? is it island or endless flat terrain?

There are two islands. Utes and Chernarus. Utes is a small island, like ArmA 1's Rahmadi. On Chernarus, there is just flat land extending out forever, with no trees, buildings etc.

does buildings destroys now more realistic?

Yes, way better than ArmA 1.

does air physic of planes different from ArmA? Can you walk inside of cargo area of C130 or Chinook while it's flying?

You cannot walk around inside aircraft. The flight model has been improved, but is still not "Flight Simulator" material.

is there any special ( scripts ) for landing on Carrier object?

Not that I know of.

Are animals really walking around ( like birds and butterflies in ArmA ) or you have to place it manually in editor?

You place a game logic in the editor and ainmals, civilians, car traffic appear.

Edited by Laqueesha

1 it just black terrain which bis said they will fix

2 warefare, evo, air cav, capture and hold ive seen them all.

3 cant answer.

4 yes better damage they now have holes in them.

5 cant answer.

6 cant answer.

7 both.

8 i think there is certain activations for this.

civillians are good models

aint seen no female soldiers

and havent tried civs with weapons but im sure they can except the females i think some 1 was saying.

1- what is outside of the map? is it island or endless flat terrain ????

At present, yes just endless terrain like on the ArmA Maps which are not islands (Schmalfelden, Avgani etc.). Later there might be random vegetation etc.

2- is there warfare mission in multiplayer? or anything alike?

Yes

3- does AI use mobile missile launcher ( Grad ) and how is it in the battle?

Can't tell

4- does buildings destroys now more realistic?

Depends a lot on how you define realistic. The destruction is better than in OFP and not all buildings just collapse as in ArmA but there is no hyper-realisic destruction of buildings.

5- does air physic of planes different from ArmA? Can you walk inside of cargo area of C130 or Chinook while it's flying?

No. And there is no Chinook after all.

6- is there any special ( scripts ) for landing on Carrier object?
AFAIK, no. Your skills decide if you make a succesful landing or not. :)

No.

8- are animals really walking around ( like birds and butterflies in ArmA ) or you have to place it manually in editor?

Yes they are. And if the default density is not enough you can either place more by using a Module which places them or you select them from the list in the editor.

Depends on what you define good, but yes they are looking very good. Even better than in ArmA I would say.

Are there a stock female soldiers?

No.

Civilians can carry weapons since OFP (2001).

thank you very much for ur answer guys, the only thing I didn't understand -

Quote:

No.

so, is it ground/grass or concrete?

plz, can any1 test AI Grad mobile launcher in battle. It looks like something new for ArmA physic.

Civilians can carry weapons since OFP (2001).

On the other hand women were able to do that in OFP but not in A2. I hope it's only a matter of being included in a future patch.

@MaxRiga

There is concrete where the hangars and buildings are, but the 'runways' are grass like on Rahmadi.

@Celery

Hmm... I must say that I haven't tried to give one of the womans a weapon yet. That's not good then and should be fixed indeed asap.

Heres a video i made with the grad in it

how good to know it but so useless without ur link! :))

I have it also, my opinion? at the moment, it's unplayable. I'm sure when BIS releases new patches, it will improve alot. one thing I've noticed is the AI, it's way better. other than that, it's more like the old arma but retextured. nothing more new.

Are there any single shot AT launchers? Or can you take 'ammo' for them? In Arma1 this loading system allows for the player to take 5 AT 'launchers' with him (with rifle ammo to spare), which is not only insanely unrealistic, but very hard to counter if you try to lead in a realistic fashion.

Even my own team will exploit this possibility whenever they get the chance. As we have multi shot alternatives (SMAW), I hope this exploit has been removed for good for the M136 AT4.

Yeah, I've also noticed in various videos that theres an onscreen ammo counter (shots in clip and remaining magazines), which is completely BS. I thought this was supposed to be uber 100% realistic? I mean, I'm considering switching over from BF2 PR mod to this fulltime, but from what I've seen so far, PR is beating ArmA2.

Not graphics wise, but realism wise I mean :P

Edited by cfschris

Yeah, I've also noticed in various videos that theres an onscreen ammot counter (shots in clip and remaining magazines), which is completely BS. I thought this was supposed to be uber 100% realistic? I mean, I'm considering switching over from BF2 PR mod to this fulltime, but from what I've seen so far, PR is beating ArmA2.

ArmA1 wasn't all that great till ACE came around, realism wise (well as far as what you can consider realistic). I imagine the same will happen when ACE2 as some in this forum are twiddling their thumbs for rolls in.

This game has nothing to do with "realistic". Nothing.

Don't buy it. This game is not a release. It's not even a beta.

Worst game ever.

Yeah, I've also noticed in various videos that theres an onscreen ammot counter (shots in clip and remaining magazines), which is completely BS. I thought this was supposed to be uber 100% realistic? I mean, I'm considering switching over from BF2 PR mod to this fulltime, but from what I've seen so far, PR is beating ArmA2.

You don't pay attention to a whole lot of things in a game compared to real life because 1) you aren't that immersed or attached to your avatar, 2) you can't feel weight in a game, 3) info that is available at a quick glance irl wouldn't be that easy in a game. It's a compromise for intended result versus all the handicaps that total 1:1 realism with real life would bring through hardware and detail limitations just like zooming and aiming cursor.

This game has nothing to do with "realistic". Nothing.

Don't buy it. This game is not a release. It's not even a beta.

Worst game ever.

Worst troll ever. I can't even run A2 above 320x240 resolution without overheating but I know that the game itself is awesome despite my bad subjective experience with the crappy hardware I have.

Worst troll ever. I can't even run A2 above 320x240 resolution without overheating but I know that the game itself is awesome despite my bad subjective experience with the crappy hardware I have.

Yeah call me troll cause i stated my opinion. Nice.

So how can you tell if you didn't play the game? While i spent several hours with 1.0 and 1.01? I found so many missing stuff, bugs, missing features and errors that i can't even count them anymore. But i'm the troll while you are... well the defender of the game he didnt even play properly. Grats.

He did play the game, just at some insanely low settings due to hardware.

You don't pay attention to a whole lot of things in a game compared to real life because 1) you aren't that immersed or attached to your avatar, 2) you can't feel weight in a game, 3) info that is available at a quick glance irl wouldn't be that easy in a game. It's a compromise for intended result versus all the handicaps that total 1:1 realism with real life would bring through hardware and detail limitations just like zooming and aiming cursor.

Having crosshairs does not compensate for ANY handicap. Its called bringing up the scope/ironsights, not shooting from the hip. Do you think soldiers in real life shoot from the hip? Bringing up your sights isnt a handicap at all, its called real life.

www.realitymod.com

^ above mod has the level of realism I've described and there are hundreds of dedicated players. Only reason I'm interested in ArmA2 is because it CLAIMS to have the same level of realism as this mod (and the sexy graphics+massive map :P )

Having crosshairs does not compensate for ANY handicap. Its called bringing up the scope/ironsights, not shooting from the hip. Do you think soldiers in real life shoot from the hip? Bringing up your sights isnt a handicap at all, its called real life.

Either you've never tried to actually shoot without using sights in real life or you're just bad at it. Pointing your weapon where you want it is actually quite easy irl because you have 3d vision and you can feel and fully control the weapon in your hands. You lack those traits in a video game and thus you have a handicap if you have no visual aids. Nobody in A2 fires from the hip, the weapon is always close to the head.

afaik all of this can and will be changed by modders. i just hope the (unfortunatly still not very smart) AI will be more moddable.

www.realitymod.com

^ above mod has the level of realism I've described and there are hundreds of dedicated players. Only reason I'm interested in ArmA2 is because it CLAIMS to have the same level of realism as this mod (and the sexy graphics+massive map :P )

I think its more appropriate to compare that realitymod with ace (when released for arma2). When it comes to realism a modded OFP can be more realistic than vanilla arma.

BF2 vs ARMA2

PR vs ACE2

Either you've never tried to actually shoot without using sights in real life or you're just bad at it. Pointing your weapon where you want it is actually quite easy irl because you have 3d vision and you can feel and fully control the weapon in your hands. You lack those traits in a video game and thus you have a handicap if you have no visual aids. Nobody in A2 fires from the hip, the weapon is always close to the head.

For +100m? :rolleyes:

Just as easy as you can approximate the center of the screen. Firefights in Arma and presumably Arma2 is not done at small distances. The only times I can see no crosshairs being problematic is if free floating zone is turned up. But I play with this turned off. Even if I play without crosshairs I have usually no problems 'panic shooting' an enemy that suddenly shows up right in front of me.

OFP DR even have built in no 3rd person for infantry. I wish BIS would consider the same, especially for online games. But I'd still like (although more restrictive than now) 3rd person view for vehicles due to lack of orientation aids. I'm fine with the 3rd person mode in 'commanding mode', but this is usually not used in coop games, and you're also quite handicapped while you're in it. 3rd person mode kills the immersion, even if you're not using it yourself.