Sign in to follow this  
MaxRiga

To all who already has it

ArmA1 wasn't all that great till ACE came around, realism wise (well as far as what you can consider realistic). I imagine the same will happen when ACE2 as some in this forum are twiddling their thumbs for rolls in.

Ace isnt realistic, tbh ArmA with 1.16B is far more realistic than Ace.

As for the ammo count on the UI, whats wrong with that? In RL you can quickly and easily check the ammo because mags have slits in them so you can see the ammo level, so a counter ingame is no different :p

OFP DR even have built in no 3rd person for infantry. I wish BIS would consider the same, especially for online games. But I'd still like (although more restrictive than now) 3rd person view for vehicles due to lack of orientation aids. I'm fine with the 3rd person mode in 'commanding mode', but this is usually not used in coop games, and you're also quite handicapped while you're in it. 3rd person mode kills the immersion, even if you're not using it yourself.

If you dont want to use first person then dont, I see no reason other players should be forced to play the game your way :rolleyes:

Edited by RicoADF

Having crosshairs does not compensate for ANY handicap. Its called bringing up the scope/ironsights, not shooting from the hip. Do you think soldiers in real life shoot from the hip? Bringing up your sights isnt a handicap at all, its called real life.

Have you tried turning off the crosshair? I highly doubt they removed that function. Why don't you just cover up that part of the screen with the ammo on it with a posted note?

Yeah call me troll cause i stated my opinion. Nice.

So how can you tell if you didn't play the game? While i spent several hours with 1.0 and 1.01? I found so many missing stuff, bugs, missing features and errors that i can't even count them anymore. But i'm the troll while you are... well the defender of the game he didnt even play properly. Grats.

It is indeed your opinion. But I am curious as to why my opinion/experience is 180 degrees from yours. I'm finding it hard to spend time on these forums instead of playing... come to think of i*

If you dont want to use first person then dont, I see no reason other players should be forced to play the game your way

When the guy in front of you stares right into a brick wall for a while, then he turns the corner quickly with no fears. That breaks the scaryness and immersion for me, because I know hw was using 3rd person mode to look over that wall which he shouldn't have been able to.

Ace isnt realistic, tbh ArmA with 1.16B is far more realistic than Ace.

Uhh? Absolutely not :) Ok, ACE is still quite buggy and causes problems, but still...

As for the ammo count on the UI, whats wrong with that? In RL you can quickly and easily check the ammo because mags have slits in them so you can see the ammo level, so a counter ingame is no different

Good point, but I don't think this applies to all magazines. Pistol clips? Never thought of that except for the G36 transparent mags. Not sure if a mod can change gui based on weapon though. If not, the current weight check seems like a good compromise to me.

Have you tried turning off the crosshair? I highly doubt they removed that function.

Crosshair is unfortunately driven by server. And when they are removed, it also removes lock indicators. So the only way to remove them is by using a mod. I don't know if this has improved with Arma2 though.

thank you to all who had answered all my questions in the beginning of the thread

there are some more if you are ok to answer :)))

1- can u plz make screen how water meets outside island flat terrain

2- is "attach to" function ingame option or in editor only?

3- can u destroy wheel of repair truck? :))))

4- does arma2 warfare has more then 4 buildings to build and what is it?

I have it also, my opinion? at the moment, it's unplayable. I'm sure when BIS releases new patches, it will improve alot. one thing I've noticed is the AI, it's way better. other than that, it's more like the old arma but retextured. nothing more new.

You probably have your graphics settings too high or play on a lower end pc.

( up ) thank you to all who had answered all my questions in the beginning of the thread

there are some more if you are ok to answer ))

1- can u plz make screen how water meets outside island flat terrain

2- is "attach to" function ingame option or in editor only?

3- can u destroy wheel of repair truck? )))

4- does arma2 warfare has more then 4 buildings to build/construct on ur military base and what is it if yes?

1. No. Don't have the game :)

2. Probably just a script command.

3. I would think so. Seen several wheels destroyed already, so should work on rep truck.

4. I haven't tried obviously, but there is a lot more classnames suggesting it. Anti Air radar, Anti Artillery radar, UAV control center to name a few.

The LHD (carrier) has in-built arrester scripts.

Check out my youtube vid in my sig of a C130 landing on it :)

I'm currently testing it with various(read as lots of aircraft addons).

Southy