Sign in to follow this  
garack666

so 25 fps in chernogorsk missions - on normal and very high

Same here, FPS in intense missions and MP are always hovering @ mid-twenty FPS, both on very low and very high.

OK folks, if anyone is using non-official English patch by replacing original language pbo's - you might be triggering FADE - copyright protection. Some suggested to create mod folder instead of replacing pbo's directly. Also make sure that 1.01 beta is applied on top of original language pbo's...No proof, seems to be BS.

Edited by Skeptic

OK folks, if anyone is using non-official English patch by replacing original language pbo's - you might be triggering FADE - copyright protection. Some suggested to create mod folder instead of replacing pbo's directly. Also make sure that 1.01 beta is applied on top of original language pbo's...

So your saying this horrible performance is being caused by an accidental activation of fade? If it is just that, thank god, because nobody with an HD4870 should be having that bad of performance. Thats like, insane. Although, bis needs to really fix the performance for the AI and CPU. Whats the point in claiming "multi-core" when there is no difference between that and ArmA1 single cpu.

So your saying this horrible performance is being caused by an accidental activation of fade? If it is just that, thank god, because nobody with an HD4870 should be having that bad of performance. Thats like, insane. Although, bis needs to really fix the performance for the AI and CPU. Whats the point in claiming "multi-core" when there is no difference between that and ArmA1 single cpu.

This is not 100% certain, but many think they did activate FADE by this. FADE would totally screw up your image and performance...

I'm running the language patch as a mod, and even with it disabled there doesn't appear to be any difference.

It's definitely CPU-related I think. When you find yourself bottlenecked to that 26fps limit, press ESC to the pause menu, and your FPS will suddenly jump to level that it should be at. Your FPS while paused will be directly proportional to your settings and what's currently on screen (ie. much higher if you're looking at the sky). I'm assuming this is because while the game's paused your GPU is still rendering the scene, but all the AI/scripting is on hold, freeing up your CPU. If I open up the editor and wander around an empty Chenarus I'm getting 40-50fps maxed out, in the exact same areas where I'll be limited to 26fps during the campaign (everything set to low).

Edited by JimmyB

I've also reinstalled the game + patch, without the language files set up as a mod or anything. Still the same performance. Doubtful of FADE.

confirmed on 2 different rigs.

e6600 @ 3Ghz, GTX 260 216. 4GB ram

e8400 stock, 8800GT, 4GB ram

more or less same results as everyone else above

Editor is one thing *even with AI in the scene* and the campaign is another. Changing settings doesn't do any good, the FPS difference is around 3 by changing from lowest settings to highest (and even messing with fillrate from lower to higher). I got 40+ stable FPS on both machines in the editor on everything on High.

@Skeptic: please stop throwing the FADE remark around, as it has nothing to do with the language pack everyone seems to be using. It will NOT trigger it. (only by modifying the exe file you will)

@Skeptic: please stop throwing the FADE remark around, as it has nothing to do with the language pack everyone seems to be using. It will NOT trigger it. (only by modifying the exe file you will)

Rgr that.

The game Crashes to desktop all the time.Every 10-20 minutes when i play it crashes.Some times with a message about it needs more memory on KB or something.My system is a Core 2 Quad 6600,4 GB DDR 2 1066,2 Radeon 3870 512 MB each on Crossfire and i play the games on a 22" 1680x1050.I have the latest drivers, patch 1.1,Service pack 2 on vista.It says Out of memory (requested 1708 KB) Reserved 294212 KB Total Free 10397 KB Free Blocks 139,Max Free size 1595 KB when crashes..Anyone knows a solution to that.!??

At this point I'm wondering if there's anyone who can load up Manhattan (for consistency's sake) and get anything above 26fps. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was something that affected everyone - whether they know it or not.

This is not 100% certain, but many think they did activate FADE by this. FADE would totally screw up your image and performance...

No, it would not. When illegal copy is detected, performance and stability does not degrade - that is unless the ones removing the copy protection layer modified the exe so that it is no longer stable, which is something we have no control over.

If you use the original exe, performance and stability are guaranteed to be not affected. All symptoms of illegal copies degrading are gameplay oriented only.

I've same problem with my 4850 1gb and Phenom x4 920 2.8ghz

When I set me in chernogorsk with the editor I got 60 fps almost all the time, and 45 minimum.

But in singleplayer when there's AI it drops to very low FPS like said before.

I got 4128 points in the ArmaII-Mark.

Can confirm it here also. Is there a ticket about it already in the bugtracker?

No, it would not. When illegal copy is detected, performance and stability does not degrade - that is unless the ones removing the copy protection layer modified the exe so that it is no longer stable, which is something we have no control over.

If you use the original exe, performance and stability are guaranteed to be not affected. All symptoms of illegal copies degrading are gameplay oriented only.

Thank you for finally putting this FUD to rest!

I think you cannot increase the performance to be comparable with Crysis, CoD under the current hardware conditions. There are too many jobs to do in just a few milliseconds: Render thousands of objects, including grass..., calculate lightning conditions, the shadows, the physics including such things as the movement of the exhaust pipes hatch at trucks, the visibility of actors among each other, the large amount of active scripts....

look at the very simple samples of the DirectX SDK and you will see how difficult it is.

I would be glad, if they just would eliminate the real bugs like crashes and script errors.

I don't think so. I have the latest beta patch and manhattan is still 25fps for me in most places. I get about 45 to 50fps in the same places in editor. Bottleneck definitely on the AI.

Same here, FPS in intense missions and MP are always hovering @ mid-twenty FPS, both on very low and very high.

Me too.

Whether I put my settings on very low or very high it doesn't make a difference. It's insane. This only seems to happen in intense MP though, I think.

@Daed3yez - happens in SP as well. I get little to no fps change in manhattan with extremely high and extremely low settings.

well at least i now know its not just me then. i wonder why no work has been done on this issue with the beta patches?

As far as I've noticed so far it only has happened in multiplayer for me. There is something some stopping me from getting more than around 25-30 FPS. No matter if my settings are high or very low, I cannot pass the 30FPS boundary. Domination is one of the only missions I know that causes this every time.

The ticket/issue on dev-heaven is marked as rejected.

25-30 FPS

Does it depend on visibility range settings? Just trying to get if visibility range settings effect AI calculations, maybe radius within which AI units are involved.

(I do not have the game yet, although the problems I read about here are very similar to ones I had in ArmA1 back then)