Sign in to follow this  

ArmA 2 German Release Thread

GAME.co.u k i e-mailed them as on there site they still say 26th june when im sure its been brought foward i e-mailed costomer services and they said its coming out on 26th in there stores so i have pre-ordered with my game card number just now over phone, amazon says 19th should i pre-order with them (amazon) ive never used them before?

BLUFOR your game will be there friday :p enjoy it

Should of used play.com http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/9004913/-/Product.html?searchstring=arma+2&searchsource=0 Good site and sometimes can come 1day early with them :P

Edited by brit~XR

72;1291935']You go play the teenager shooter OFP2 (BF2). Wont miss ya a bit.

@MadDogX

Thanks for the MP vid! Looked great man.

Alex

Wow, its a teenage BF2 shooter? Yeah i've followed this series since 2001 yet now i've decided i'm looking for something BF2ish. Nope, theres BF2 for that.

I like the way you've summed up a game that has very very little gameplay footage, yet you ignore the whole philosopy of the sequel that they're trying to capture.

Like i say, i'm gonna wait and see what this game turns into, but i'm not gonna make the mistake of last time and snatching this game up early.. Theres still a lot of work to be done it seems.

bought it yesterday here in germany and the game makes a very, very great figure :)

sadly i am inot at home this weekend (:

I just heard that there are to versions on the german market, on for 16year olds and one 18year olds.

Can somebody confirm? What are the differences?

No, there is just one version. It's rated by USK 16+, but by PEGI 18+.

No, there is just one version. It's rated by USK 16+, but by PEGI 18+.

Which is very unusual. Normally the german ratings are pretty harsh. Games with gore get cut to shit. I think 16+ is perfectly okay for a game like Arma2. Compare it to games like FEAR2, Left 4 Dead or Killing Floor.... 18+ my ass.

It seems that us who ordered the german release overseas, have to wait few more days to get it :(

"From past experience, we estimate a delivery time of 7-21 Working days or more for such shipments."

Well, gonna be long weekend watching those videos and waiting for the game.

It seems that us who ordered the german release overseas, have to wait few more days to get it :(

"From past experience, we estimate a delivery time of 7-21 Working days or more for such shipments."

Well, gonna be long weekend watching those videos and waiting for the game.

I don't remember that my shipment from Bol.de took that much time when ArmA 1 was released.....but it's been a while so don't quote me on that.

...scheiße.

What is the best DL alternative...I don't need lots of crap about limited activations and stuff?

Tried searching and been browsing this thread... considering purchase, one thing has me wondering though. We all know about the German censorship in games etc, is there blood, bloody corpses in this or do sonic the hedgehog rings come out of opfor when we zip them.

you don't need to worry about that, i've seen the entry holes afther my shots in the dead guys ;) and a blood trail after a wonded one

Like ArmA1 the game is totally uncut.

Not much to cut there anyway.

Think OFP and the ArmAs had less problems there because they dont celebrate the killing that much unlike other games... no wonder as you usually shot the enemy from distances where you cant even see the blood.

you don't need to worry about that, i've seen the entry holes afther my shots in the dead guys ;) and a blood trail after a wonded one

Lovely. I'm not after dismemberment and the like, but a little bit of gore is always good for. Afterall, I can't really mourn the loss of my buddy if it looks like hes just taking a little nap after somebody lasered some stars out of him.

Cheers for the quick response. Now how to convince my wife to let me get it :P

Afterall, I can't really mourn the loss of my buddy if it looks like hes just taking a little nap after somebody lasered some stars out of him.

Ahahahaha! True. :D

About your wife, show her some screenshots of the pretty landscape and tell her it's a landscape/wildlife simulator.

Lovely. I'm not after dismemberment and the like, but a little bit of gore is always good for. Afterall, I can't really mourn the loss of my buddy if it looks like hes just taking a little nap after somebody lasered some stars out of him.

Cheers for the quick response. Now how to convince my wife to let me get it :P

Wait, She is a woman......Do I need to say more?? lol :yay::bounce3::yay:

It arrived today.

I played the first 2 missions and there were no bugs. Sometimes in the dark the enemy is running around when they are under fire, but they have no Nightvision Goggles right? So I guess this isnt a bug.

I have the black screen problem in MP but joined a selfmade coop map and it worked. There was a error message after downloading the map but it worked.

The Performance is quite good on my Laptop.

I have a Dual Core 2,0 Ghz, a Nvidia 8600m GT and 2 gb ddr2 ram and I run it on normal settings.

Its a great game and feels like a OFP with much better graphics.

The start of the campaign is well done.

Its a new game and nowadays no game is perfect when its released.

With the help of the great community and some patches this will be a true OFP 2 for me.

just my 2 cents

Will game on now:D

Edited by Icedout_911

I have a Dual Core 2,0 Ghz, a Nvidia 8600m GT and 2 gb ddr2 ram and I run it on normal settings

What screen resolution do you have?

What screen resolution do you have?
1280x720

Pretty new drivers from laptopvideo2go

Told myself.. no wait for the 19th of June.. get english copy.. you cant read german.. no .. wait....

Trouble is I have just started 2 weeks holidays from work... so came home and bought from petersgames lol.. 2 hrs and hopefully be done :)

So this copy will be for messign around with game.. I will wait till either language patch comes out or 505 version before I start play proper :)

It arrived today.

I played the first 2 missions and there were no bugs. Sometimes in the dark the enemy is running around when they are under fire, but they have no Nightvision Goggles right? So I guess this isnt a bug.

Hey could you post some screens as I have almost the same specs as you have. It would be nice to know how it will look, thanks

would be nice to see how the MLRS fires in the night if you can show us please:)

Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted, sorry no sound.

Hey could you post some screens as I have almost the same specs as you have. It would be nice to know how it will look, thanks
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1120/huml.png[/img]

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8269/boot.png

1280x720, graphics on normal, Landscape quality low, Distance 1200 (standard setting 1600)

Every option has low - very high.

Havent figured out the best config for my system yet. (Settings and drivers)

But this is how it looks at the moment.

Edited by Sniperwolf572
Pics over 100kb

So, what's the general concensus on ARMA2 so far?

On a bugginess scale, would you rate it better, or worse than ARMA1?

I still have my pre-order placed but I'd like to know if you people think it's worth buying it on release for full price or waiting for a pricedrop, when many bugs will hopefully have been fixed?

I am genuinely surprised it released in this state, ARMA 1 i could understand but this time round i cant comprehend it. Its a real shame. I feel dissapointed, but for BIS rather than myself. I think i will love this game with time because BIS and/or the community will likely fix it up but i was expecting a more polished game from what id seen so far.

To me it looked like BIS were concentraing on making the game more accessible via the campaign, i mean in reality how many serious arma fans would want to play as team R4z0r!!!11! ?, but it was a chance to bring arma back towards the more financially viable end of mainstream gaming.

I fear from the feedback ive seen so far that this isnt going to happen, the serious players will stick it out because they know what rewards they can reap, new players just wont bother.

However, im basing these comments on hearsay, I myself wont be playing it anytime soon, in order to do that i will need a new PC, im not going to invest in that untill i am sure arma 2 will be worth the investment over arma1.

Edited by xmongx