Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

I noticed you said that you were using the Elite missions since you had to use the Elite voices. Is this the reason why allot of the missions are different?

I was playing that mission where you had to defend a AA base at night by yourself. On the PC all that happened was a few spetznas try to sneak in to blow it up but in this one I'm defending against 2 BMPs and several squads all by myself!

man that's a hell of a job you guys did, thanks to the whole team !

I'm at the famous mission, alone in the wood, great memories !

Anyway i've had problem with ACE on the mission the lieutenant get ambushed in his jeep, so now I play it vanilla and it's fine :)

Jeez one could think your life depends on it. :rofl:

No, as far as I can tell it's not included. Not with that filename atleast.

If you give me a link to it I guess I can convert it real quick for you. :)

Edit: Found that mission, converted.

Thanks. My cousin refuses to play CWR's latest release unless this mission is included. Cheers again!

When u are Black op and must blow up some tank in russian base, why i cant use enemy tank and Mi-17 , like in OFP.

Pls fix it, more fun.

I haven't read the comments so bear with me if I'm mentioning known issues.

I believe that honest feedback is the best kind so I'm not going to lie. I was pretty disappointed with this conversion and here are some things that make me say that:

• The new weapons are generally of inferior quality: sights are off, recoil is weird, damage is low, they have tracers and AKs have burst fire
  • The grenade revolvers shoot way too far
  • Some converted weapons have absolutely horrid sounds and I have no idea why
  • There was no need to downgrade weapons already existing in ArmA
  • We're back to weapon-specific magazines
  • Added tanks and aircraft feel very inconsistent with the others: the aerobatics you can do with the Chinook would make MH-6 blush.
  • Everon's and Kolgujev's forests are very loose, the originals were dense enough that getting a jeep through was a heroic act

I was hoping for a mod that is consistent and in balance with the main game and could be used as an addition to it instead of a separate entity. In my opinion there was no need to copy the inferior and obsolete features straight from OFP. I was going to make some missions for it but it just doesn't feel right when the original and added stuff are like night and day. Otherwise it's a job well done, the campaigns are nicely done although the changed voices feel strange and unnecessary.

P.S. It's quite obvious that the missions are a bit broken when played with a high view distance so how about a setviewdistance 400-600 in most of them?

Edited by Celery

Hi, with my FOV set to: 3000. In game, i already have a hardware lag that makes very hard

and almost impossible to play the campaign missions (CWR campaign, i haven't started yet

the Resistance campaign)i would blame the grass (at least in Malden) more than my poor

PC; but lower the view distance i think that would be better if it were done by the player

rather than forced by the mission. If you set the FOV at 600m, the AI tanks at 1200m will

see you anyways and will engage you while you'll be unable to see 'em, so i think that is

good as it's rightnow. I agree with you on some of your points Celery. But done as it has

been made... it's a huge and very good job anyways. Let's C ya

hi there, today i have reinstalled arma and the patches. And i downloaded this wonderful mod, but after the installation i get message to view readme and place shortcut. But it does not place any shortcut :S how can i play it? do i need to play with the original exe on desktop

Hi, create a shortcut pulling the original ArmA.exe to your "Init/Bohemia Interactive/ArmA/"

adress (in the Init menu obviously) then, rename it (once this has been done) as: @CWR.

Hit: Right Mouse Button over it and select: Properties. Then, there... write the next:

"C:\ArmA\arma.exe -mod=CWR;@ArmAEffects; -nosplash".

Write the: @ArmAEffects; only if you have that mod installed, otherwise write only the -mod=@CWR; -nospalsh".

And you're ready to go. Let's C ya

About RPG... hm..:j: I like RPG-7 in ArmA, its beter, in OFP its not realy... Guner in T-80 have very small zoom... T-72 reload time, faster T-80 and M1A1.:yay:

and again, thanks for nice mod...

i have a codemaster folder in my arma folder, so it is not named @CWR

Hi, what i meant was: Start menu?, in the left bottom corner of your windows screen, im on

XP, is that im spanish; and im not sure how is it's name on the english version, Start?, Init?. Let's C ya

yes it is called Start menu, but what i dont understand is why is the folder called Codemasters instead of @CWR

Hi, that's not our bussines; i renamed it as: @CWR, for locate it faster. So call your one

as you wish, the name isn't really important as long as you create the shorcut and you add

the line that i told you (using the Mod folder name that you've) for run the CWR mod. Let's C ya

i have created a shortcut @CWR with the following line:

"D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -nosplash

-mod=lowplants;mod=@ArmAEffects;@CWR

But i still cant get it to work, it does not start it up. it starts the normal armed assault missions.

I GOT IT NOW, i had a error in my target line. fixed now

Edited by Sgt Gul

that fixed, but now i have another problem. I choose the cold war campaign, i press start. And then it freezes there, i cant click nothing but i heaer the computer reading.

Your target line looks weird with the mods included. Basically you write

-mod=

and then add all the names of the modfolders, like this:

-mod=lowplants;@ArmAEffects;@CWR

For example, my whole target line looks like this:

D:\games\ArmA\arma.exe -nosplash -world=empty -mod=dbe1;CWR

Dbe1 is QueensGambit btw. If you still have problems only use -mod=CWR to cancel out any other mod which might give problems. CWR normally runs okay on its own.

i now have only this line:

-mod=@ArmAEffects;@CWR

It keeps freezing when tyring to start any of the campaigns.

-mod=@ArmAEffects;@CWR

The CWR installer installs CWR into the CWR folder, not the @CWR folder. So unless you changed anything...

Great Job Guys!

Just wondering:

Weren't the Heavy AT lock on weapons in OFP and didn't the RPG/LAW light AT fire without much smoke and just a little thunk noise? (it's pretty hard to track the shot with all the smoke and it sounds like a missile!)

They were but I'm not sure if this can be done again in ArmA. Same with the smoke and dust, that's an engine thing we most probably can't change.

Aight so I've tried to reinstall it...and I still have those RACS bastards there...not using any mods...have anyone solved this problem already? Its really annoying...cuz I can't continue the campaign. Could you tell me whats the name of the file with resistance units? Just to check if its there...

That is really strange. The files for resistance units are:

cwr_guer.pbo (40,090,089 bytes)

resr_guer.pbo (1,723,368 bytes)

I noticed you said that you were using the Elite missions since you had to use the Elite voices. Is this the reason why allot of the missions are different?

I was playing that mission where you had to defend a AA base at night by yourself. On the PC all that happened was a few spetznas try to sneak in to blow it up but in this one I'm defending against 2 BMPs and several squads all by myself!

Correct. Sometimes these missions are way easier than in OFP (see "After Montignac") and then again they can be really hard, like the one you mentioned. However in that mission you have a Blackops team incoming as well as 4 Abrams.

When u are Black op and must blow up some tank in russian base, why i cant use enemy tank and Mi-17 , like in OFP.

Pls fix it, more fun.

I locked most of the vehicles and choppers, just because I'm evil and raise the difficuly a bit. I may open a couple of them again ;)

I haven't read the comments so bear with me if I'm mentioning known issues.

I believe that honest feedback is the best kind so I'm not going to lie. I was pretty disappointed with this conversion and here are some things that make me say that:

* The new weapons are generally of inferior quality: sights are off, recoil is weird, damage is low, they have tracers and AKs have burst fire

* The grenade revolvers shoot way too far

* Some converted weapons have absolutely horrid sounds and I have no idea why

* There was no need to downgrade weapons already existing in ArmA

* We're back to weapon-specific magazines

* Added tanks and aircraft feel very inconsistent with the others: the aerobatics you can do with the Chinook would make MH-6 blush.

* Everon's and Kolgujev's forests are very loose, the originals were dense enough that getting a jeep through was a heroic act

I was hoping for a mod that is consistent and in balance with the main game and could be used as an addition to it instead of a separate entity. In my opinion there was no need to copy the inferior and obsolete features straight from OFP. I was going to make some missions for it but it just doesn't feel right when the original and added stuff are like night and day. Otherwise it's a job well done, the campaigns are nicely done although the changed voices feel strange and unnecessary.

P.S. It's quite obvious that the missions are a bit broken when played with a high view distance so how about a setviewdistance 400-600 in most of them?

The tracers were also present in OFP, same with the burst fire AKs. Both of them are supposed to be like that.

That the quality of weapons and some vehicles are real bad we know, see my initial post. We asked a lot of skilled people to help us out and either get ignored or they joined and never delivered anything.

We know about the weapon sounds, as everything else they were taken from Elite.

I agree with the downgraded weapons, we work on that.

The flight model of some choppers are... funny, yes. If you or anyone else will fix them, please get in touch with us.

The forests on Everon and Kolgujev are already pretty dense, with even more trees you will have horrible lag. Remember that in OFP forests were blocks of trees, in ArmA each Tree is a single object.

Again: Our only goal is to bring back the original OFP as best as possible, fixing OFP bugs is not what's on our todo-list.

We did what we can to fix as many vehicles and weapons as we can, however none of the people left in the team is either a pro modeller nor texturer, and those who were able to help out.... Well I said it already.

Regarding the viewdistance: I set it to 2500m, can reduce it to 1500m if that's desired.

hi there, today i have reinstalled arma and the patches. And i downloaded this wonderful mod, but after the installation i get message to view readme and place shortcut. But it does not place any shortcut :S how can i play it? do i need to play with the original exe on desktop

I made a little description on how to get it to work on our Wiki page. If you still have problems feel free to ask again.

-mod=@ArmAEffects;@CWR

Change it to:

-mod=@CWR

Of course your CWR Modfolder must be named to @CWR, by default it is CWR.

oke i got it to work ;) thanks people, i am through the first real mission. Are there any soundmods compatible with this mod? i really like chammys sound mod. I am using the matteffects mod, and i am going to use the lowplant one to, because i read that its compatbile.

The tracers were also present in OFP, same with the burst fire AKs. Both of them are supposed to be like that.

BIS got rid of them in Armed Assault for a reason. It makes sense to have them only if you want to recreate OFP with all its faults as well, which in turn doesn't make sense because then we'd be better off playing OFP for the 100% original experience.

Hi, the tracers were in the OFP as default (but deactivable) as they're in the ArmA; and i've

seen some weird things, the CWR M4 uses the ArmA's M4 sound, while the M16 & M16GL uses

those bad sounds, i think that this a bad point; also, the M203 leaf sights in the M16GL obstruct

the view and makes much harder to aim and follow moving targets; i would had made an

specific M16A2+M203 model with the M203 sights folded, we can use the rifle itself as refference

for aim the nades. And... also whould had been a good thing to take all the BIS weapons

MLODs and fix the Geometry LOD, the AKs keep acting as bullet proof shields, same for the

MGs and rocket launchers; also, you could ask The Weapons Master Inquisitor for use his

M60 machinegun model and sounds, they were very pimp. Let's C ya