Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed - Public Beta Release

Have you found any eastereggs yet?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found any eastereggs yet?

• Yes
    • No

Thx for the quick fix for the SP mission Infantry. Now for another one, bridge too far in multiplayer has loads of script errors popping up and also i was getting graphical errors glitches underneath the bridge. :p

Thanks again CWR team. :cool:

Wow. A simple "thank you" doesn't seem to do justice for the work you guys (CWR team) had done - CWC was awesome and the ability to play it in ArmA is just priceless. :) Thanks a lot!

Been playing around with it now that I have a break between exams. Been looking forward to this for quite some time. One question though - why is it that the CWC campaign has new voicework, and Resistance has the original? Did you have copyright issues with the original campaign?

sluggCDN

Our AK rifles are the same than they were in OFP: Single-Burst-Auto. :cool:

Realism is not what CWR is about.

11aTony

Berghoff has his black skin back already.

Law-Giver

The MP missions were mostly automatically converted, while the Campaign and SP ones are manually done. We look into the mission asap.

The artifacts you mentioned could come from the bridge which has now working streetlamps, maybe post a screenshot of it.

ch_123

Codemasters has the copyright for the original voices, we're using a mix of Xbox and hidden ArmA voices in CWR.

Have I mentioned already that there are some eastereggs hidden all over the islands? :p

I also might point out that our social group is open to anyone now, feel free to join us there.

Edited by W0lle

Gave this big sucker a try and it was wonderful!

did discover some bugs during testing that when playing as a spec op Uzi the handgun glock was not there and instead showed uzi :D

Also the AT launcher couldn't right click heat seek target tanks as i think it did in Ofp or was it an addon I was remembering?

The resistance T55 tank has some weird LOD issues when its farther away like 20-30 meters it goes invisible.

Well I really hope you get a replacement for the M60 machinegun for west and res guys, it looks a bit dated :) Maybe the M60 from Skavens racs mercenaries pack would work?

Btw Im wondering is there any easy way to convert mission to CWR wich has tons of addons :P Right now I hate myself alot for not having my addon free versions of some of my greater works :D

Hmm might go and buy old ofp and res if I could find it in one of the stores in town :D

And I need to find a GL script thats made for arma and not ofp :D

Didn't think Addons would come and bite me in the ass so many years later :D

Edited by Commando84

Srry to bug you guys but I get a error about a reammoboxwest2 missing config error wich prevents my mission from loading :P

We're working on getting a better M60 already.

Soundmod, I think there will come something soon. Not from CWR though.

Re. replacing the voices with OFP ones:

I tried that before and even though you get the originals back you have a lot of missing sound errors popping up because the Xbox missions were using some other names or even soundfiles. There's also one cutscene which is not present in OFP and then runs with the CWR voices.

Last but not least: The painful work of replacing the soundfiles must be redone each time we update the campaign.

Commando84

The used addons is a big problem for many of us now. Who thought 3 or 4 years back that one day the old mission can be used in the next game? :D

Your "reammoboxwest2" is not an OFP one, they were (for west):

• HeavyReammoBoxWest
  • ReammoBoxWest
  • AmmoBoxAddW
  • AmmoBoxOUTW
  • AmmoBoxOUTWW

And those should be all in CWR.

Edited by W0lle
copy&paste sux

thx 4 replying so fast W0lle!

Yeah I've been cleaning one mission up really quick here, should have it out for you guys in a couple of hours. :)

I've been dooing some sightseeing. Placebo Beach?!! :)

Does anyone has trouble in climbing ladders? I've tried in different buildings and different islands, and can't climb one. Am I doing something wrong?

Anyway this is a great job indeed. Much, much better than I could ever dream.

Thanks a lot.

I played a bit of the Resistance campaign. First thing I notice is the voices are the same as the original. I suppose Codemasters only had ownership of the CWC voices. Thank goodness for that because the voice acting here was great and horrible voice actors in Resistance would be a tradegy :)

Some voices in cutscenes come out really quiet, some hardly audible. And the others are fine. This seems to be a bit of a problem in the Resistance campaign, not so bad in CWC.

Guba and Victor Troska need their old faces brought over :)

Still , great job on this. These old missions are great fun. Brings back memories playing this.

Now I'm off to finish "After Montignac" :D

After montignac is THE mission that sums up what's great about Flashpoint :D

Hope I can find a way to download it soon

Thanks to all the guys who worked so hard to bring this to us. I've been playing the campaign and its just like saying hello to old friends playing with the old squad again! I had almost forgotten how atmospheric the old game was. Now with the enhancements that ArmA brings its even better than before! Well done to all involved and thanks again.

Edited by Killerwatt
spelling mistake

Ladders not working - confirmed :crazy:

They were working before and so no one checked them again.

Resistance campaign we also use Xbox sounds. :)

Guba has his original face:

guba.th.jpg

Troska we know about, for him there is no face present in ArmA and we had no one to make him. Maybe wipman could make it for us. ;)

Yep, After Montignac is the mission. I remember the days where me and my brother discussed for hours how to get out of there.

I see if I can organize a bugtracker for you guys, I skipped that Idea because we never expected so many positive and constructive feedback. :)

Wolle, a bugtracker would be a great idea!

I like the setup over at Dev Heaven, where it doesn't require a lot of work to set up an issue tracker, and there are already a number of arma-minded individuals there.

Guba has his original face:. :)

Oh. When I saw him for the first time in Resistance (outside Troska's house where they are hunting the resistance soldier) he had a different face.

Also Victor's friend didn't fall down when the officer shot him.

Resistance campaign we also use Xbox sounds. :)

And those voices are identical to the PC version, unlike CWC :)

At least from my memory.

Wonder why their volume is messed up at times though.

And a bugtracker at Dev-Heaven as suggested above sounds like a good idea.

Also, I think the AI uses the RPG on infantry too much. Back in OFP they only used it on armour.

Sorry to flood you with all these issues :o

Edited by Maddmatt

DLed the mod for 2 hours yesterday and boy was it worth it!

Haven't had a single crash yet, played for some hours straight. Simply awesome and brings back soooo many memories.

What's really new is that situation awareness that you get when being fired upon in the woods. When patrolling around with Berghoff i instantly knew my old 'waypoints' and tried to use that to my advantage. However, looks like the enemies choose their paths differently now (which is great), so i was surprised by some nasty AK bullets on my way. I heard a clean shot and several muffled ones, so i instantly knew they missed me when i disappeared behind a tree. I've never experienced that situation awareness in OpF due to the ArmA sound filters.

Big thank you!

Oh. When I saw him for the first time in Resistance (outside Troska's house where they are hunting the resistance soldier) he had a different face.

I believe that would be because in Resistance, Guba is a Colonel, not a General like in CWC. CWR only made Guba in his General uniform as a separate unit with only that specific face assigned to it. In Resistance, he isn't that unit, he's just a regular Officer unit, so he doesn't have that face. Thanks for reporting it.

Just one question that was inside my mind for years:

Can this mod together with ArmA live up to the legend of OFP?(pls be honest here)

I think i have something wrong on CWR.... i cannot play "rescue" mission, it start loading and my computer simply hang up... :(

Hi, i've downloaded the CRW from the OFPEC.com site and well, after a kick try... damn it,

couldn't you make something with the cobra?, i've seen bricks with less edges than that;

also, please... ask the ADF mod for a decent Steyr AUG model, i almost puke when i seen it.

THe B92F, my God... what kind of brick look alike iron is that!? couldn't you just use the ArmA's

M9 model and textures?; about the Steyr AUG and the G36.. i think that booth have the

sight displaced to the right in relation the bullet's impact point, it also happens on the Cobra.

I must try the rest of the thing. Looks well done and works with the MadMatt's ArmA Effects.

Good job. Let's C ya

I think it looks quite a bit like the actual one? :confused:

AH1-Cobra.jpg

Law-Giver

The MP missions were mostly automatically converted, while the Campaign and SP ones are manually done. We look into the mission asap.

The artifacts you mentioned could come from the bridge which has now working streetlamps, maybe post a screenshot of it.

Here ya go mate ;)

arma2009051923013635840.jpg

Edited by Law-Giver