Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

ArmA2 doesn't have any "official" publisher in Finland. Or well, if it is, its in digital format. Nice move 505 Games!

(And yes, when I asked from Gamestop seller about ArmA2, he said that it will be only digitaly released in Finland, and when I asked about the same subject from Tilt's seller, he said that ArmA2(boxed version) doesn't have official publisher in Finland.

so here's my story. i live in the US. i placed a complete reserve on arma 2 at my gamestop(EB games) and they were releasing on june 30th.:mad: i get up early on the 30th to go pick up my game. extremely excited but they shot me down with a new release date of july 7th/9th. i began to wait again. last night i was bored so i hopped on their website to check if the release date was still the same but the game wasn't even on record anymore. i call when i wake up today and they have my $60 and no reserve. WTF?:confused: now i'm sure you've all heard this question like 40 times but there were too many pages to scroll through. whats a reliable way i can buy a copy of arma 2(no online downloads please) and not get blasted ridiculously with shipping and handling?

-shanyE:yay:

What is everyone problem with download version? I can see maybe steam not being the first choice with all there hands and anti-piracy software embedded in the steam launcher and servers. But there are other options, Arma 2 has been my second game purchased and downloaded via Direct2drive.com and I have had no problems with it what so ever. It's the exact same game without a stupid box oh and did I mention I been playing way before the rest of you that are looking all over the place?

Download it and burn it to a disc, go even further and print a CD/DVD case sleeve for it there you go now you got the flashy case to.

Ontario, Canada

so here's my story. i live in the US. i placed a complete reserve on arma 2 at my gamestop(EB games) and they were releasing on june 30th.:mad: i get up early on the 30th to go pick up my game. extremely excited but they shot me down with a new release date of july 7th/9th. i began to wait again. last night i was bored so i hopped on their website to check if the release date was still the same but the game wasn't even on record anymore. i call when i wake up today and they have my $60 and no reserve. WTF?:confused: now i'm sure you've all heard this question like 40 times but there were too many pages to scroll through. whats a reliable way i can buy a copy of arma 2(no online downloads please) and not get blasted ridiculously with shipping and handling?

That sucks dude. Pretty sure the same thing will happen to me when I go check on Wednesday. Oh well, guess I'll be putting this 50 bucks towards a new monitor.

-shanyE

You can try CDWOW. I live in the U.S. and I ordered from them. I haven't got it yet but it is allegedly on its way.

Edited by Jakerod
Removed dancing banana from quote

Ok, on Amazon, it was set to release the 4th, and yesterday it was available, now it's only available for pre order and release is due this 20th? Ok, is there another site that has ArmA2 released already?

Here, game + shipping is only US$37. I've ordered from them before, very reliable:

http://www.game.co.uk/PC/Strategy/~r340775/ArmA-II/?s=arma

The game isn't coming out on the 17th, that's just Gamestop guessing. The same goes for Amazon's 20th release date, another guess. Cancel your pre-orders, this game is never going retail in the U.S. or Canada. Fuck Got Game Entertainment.

I've given up on waiting for the local release. I'll hope the local store changes price so I can get a refund, but for now I ordered another copy from www.game.co.uk ($48 AUD including delivery), already dispatched. Bargain!

Just got my arma 2 copy sweet! faster than expected :P at least 2-5 days the initial arrive date they promised. Recieved by Air Mail, so happy installing now

Edited by =Spetsnaz=

Just got my arma 2 copy sweet! faster than expected :P at least 2-5 days the initial arrive date they promised. Recieved by Air Mail, so happy installing now

You got your 'dispatched' email from CDWOW last friday also?

Hmm mine should be arriving today also then.

You got your 'dispatched' email from CDWOW last friday also?

Hmm mine should be arriving today also then.

Yea last friday, i was really surprised that i recieved it just now, i was expecting to wait another 2-5 days till i would recieve it as they said that international shipping excluding the UK and US would take 7-10 days, but infact took 5 days for me to recieve my copy :) and im in New Zealand

Just saw the date change on EB... great!

They better have enough copies because I'll be cancelling my pre-order if I dont get my hands on the game on the 16th, I'll just buy it from JB.

Yapa

Yea last friday, i was really surprised that i recieved it just now, i was expecting to wait another 2-5 days till i would recieve it as they said that international shipping excluding the UK and US would take 7-10 days, but infact took 5 days for me to recieve my copy :) and im in New Zealand

Ah good news :)

Was it sent from Australia, or drop-shipped from HK/China/etc ?

Ah good news :)

Was it sent from Australia, or drop-shipped from HK/China/etc ?

Hong Kong of course,maybe cause we are'nt far from it and are pretty close could explain why we should get it pretty quick. I just noticed that the copy is 1.01 so when you recieve yours itll be 1.01, so have to update to latest 1.02 patch

I wonder what the EB copy version will be? Probably 1.01 too... it just been sitting on a ship somewhere!

I wonder what the EB copy version will be? Probably 1.01 too... it just been sitting on a ship somewhere!

1.02 most likely as its a different publisher Got Game Entertainment, while i possess 505 Games.

lol true but onley if crew man new what was on that ship i bet there playing the game right now on there portable laptops or something lol