Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

I wouldn't blame it solely on the publisher (although there's a good chance the publisher has something to do with it), but it's likley that CDWOW never ordered enough copies in the first place.

This happens due to the fact that CDWOW has to order copies around 2 weeks to 1 month before release, so if CDWOW projected a low sales they would have ordered enough for the pre-orders plus a few extra, then there was a flood of pre-orders later on as CDWOW put a special on that made everyone want to buy from them.

so after 56 pages of people complaining they can't get it, has anyone actually got it without downloading it?

What the hell? its been 8 days and i get this..

Dear ************,

I got the same letter.

so after 56 pages of people complaining they can't get it, has anyone actually got it without downloading it?

I got a 505 copy in the US from gogamer.com ordered on the 22nd at 1am received on the 23rd.

Early pre-orders at CDWOW went out over 1 week ago so they should be arriving now, many others have theirs already too from the European releases (especially UK), just don't live in Australia and you should be fine.... as long as you don't order from CDWOW.

Question: If i buy the game in france will i be able to play it in english (will i be able to select english during the install)?

Edit: It's the 505 version, i have seen this post http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73194&page=12 but i dont think it is very clear. I also wouldn't mind seeing a picture of the back of the ArmA2 box (505 version of course), if anyone is willing to post a picture that would be great - preferably one purchased in europe :).

Edited by ocram2912

Hi All... Big News!!!

Got this reply email from All Interactive (the Australian Publisher/Distributor) this morning:

Extract from my email to AI:

"...I have pre-ordered the game from EB Games and have noticed they have moved their expected release date from the 9th of July out to the 20th August. Naturally I am wondering why"

Reply:

"Thanks for your email. It is a frustrating situation and has to do with supply and the retailer's financial quarters. The good news is that we have now managed to bring the release date forward to the 16th of July.

Kind Regards,

Robert Kingston

Product & Marketing Manager

All Interactive Distribution"

Woo Hoo :yay:

Early pre-orders at CDWOW went out over 1 week ago so they should be arriving now, many others have theirs already too from the European releases (especially UK), just don't live in Australia and you should be fine.... as long as you don't order from CDWOW.

what does that mean? i live in New Zealand.. so far been 9-10 days waiting for my copy of ArmA 2!!..., i ordered on 12th of June and i don't know when exactly they will send it off..

Those of us in Aus that ordered via cdwow back in May, some of us recieved our Hardcopy this Morning:yay:

Those of us in Aus that ordered via cdwow back in May, some of us recieved our Hardcopy this Morning:yay:

lucky! :butbut: :butbut: :( :(

NO!!!!!!! :eek:

No really good stuff. So if ordered it from cdwow, i could expect a copy before 16th july?

I got the same letter.

I got it too, no indication of when they've delayed it to :(

Yes yes, I know we're not allowed to discuss it here, however I was hoping someone might be able to tell me where I could find out more details on this. Steam is over-priced and I prefer to be in charge of my own patching so the retail version is the one for me.

I've contacted the European publisher of Arma 2 about this and had no response. Is there an FAQ or something like that about the retail version that covers all the salient points? Things I'm thinking about - online activation required, disc check etc. Basically I'd just like to know what I'm buying before I buy it. I've searched and can't find adequate info on this site as discussing it is prohibited - any outside links or whatever would be appreciated.

Best thing I can do is direct you to this thread (which directs you elsewhere). Other than that I can verify that there is no online activation, no limited installs, and you are required to have the DVD in the drive to play (for now, until BIS patches this out again like they did in the past). My copy is the 505 version.

SecuROM Troubleshooting

Disc check doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I read elsewhere that it does have online activation and even limited installs. This is what's frustrating, it'd be nice to get an official response from either the publishers or the developers (I'm aware that the protection is the developers call). Still, if what you're saying is accurate that's reassuring.

Nope, only the digital distros have that (except Steam). Unless it's something other than the 505 version (the UK publisher), in which case I don't know. It's just like how Securom has been for the last 6 years or so. Basic DVD check with a CD key. Just to verify it myself I disconnected my computer from the internet for installation and playing at first, so there isn't any "hidden" phone home type scheme going on in the background either.

Nope, only the digital distros have that (except Steam). Unless it's something other than the 505 version (the UK publisher), in which case I don't know. It's just like how Securom has been for the last 6 years or so. Basic DVD check with a CD key. Just to verify it myself I disconnected my computer from the internet for installation and playing at first, so there isn't any "hidden" phone home type scheme going on in the background either.

Well, SecuROM was made infamous by it's nasty limited activations but yes, prior to that it was just another simple disc check. Anyway - that's encouraging, thanks for the info.

edit: I received a warning for this post despite not being able to find the information elsewhere on the forum. Oh well, charming service here - they've just lost a sale. Take it easy folks.

Edited by nafe

Oh, Securom was far more famous in the past for screwing with virtual drives and not uninstalling when the game was uninstalled. Activation limits started with MS and Office 2000, but game-wise started with Bioshock in 2007 (and the amount of flak they got for it was insane, same with Mass Effect and Spore, although it unfortunately seems to be a standard now).

As he decided to go have a temper tantrum and PM me some naughty words, I would suggest people stop following his lead and discussing copy protection, considering it's against the forum rules and all.

-Ziggy-;1337227']I just now received my my DVD from CDWOW! :hyper:

its the 505 Games copy and it shipped from Hong Kong ! :sadlike:

:yay:

Lucky you! im still waiting for my copy :( 11 days and still hasnt been sent :/

Lucky you! im still waiting for my copy :( 11 days and still hasnt been sent :/

Same here, spoke to my retailer and they said it "may" come next week.

Arma 2 wasn't released in Israel in the 26th.

Same here, spoke to my retailer and they said it "may" come next week.

Arma 2 wasn't released in Israel in the 26th.

i preordered from cdwow, plus the official release date over here is 20th of August :( so i might stick with cdwow for another 2-3 days and if they don't send it off im going to cancel my order and try preorder from NWS