Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

505 Version: Release Date & Other topics - EU/Aus/NZ/SA/ME/Israel etc.

Yep, I have lost all faith in 505, therefore ordered off Steam. As you don''t have that as an option, I feel very sorry for you. I'm really not sure what the best option would be.

Sprocket version is now live and includes some free gifts for all those who order through July ;)

http://81.0.236.119/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-honza.tpl&product_id=30&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2

arma-2_screen-na-sprocket_mapa-a-pohlednice-433x308.jpg

I'd like to add another voice of discontent with ArmA 2's release & publishing. It's all nice and well to say it has been released on a specific date, but all the stores selling physical copies in Australia say the game won't be available until August 20th. 505 games don't answer emails on the topic.

I would buy the game from overseas, but I have placed an order locally two months ago and don't want to buy the game twice.

I'm trying to get some answers regarding the Australian question.

is it possible to check the status of distribution in Israel?

Thread says 26th of june but it hasn't arrived in any store across the country yet, and it seems like retailers cannot say when it should arrive.

but all the stores selling physical copies in Australia say the game won't be available until August 20th. 505 games don't answer emails on the topic.

I rang EB Games (west oz) earlier this morning and they told me 20th July, not August. I was first told 5th July a few weeks ago from the same store. Another user on this forum who rang the same store a fair while ago reported here that he was told the 9th July... why is it that people are being told something different each time?

Edited by Joseph Troska

will this be release in South Korea if so when?

I hope I'm not violating any rules for asking that question.

I have been asking my favorite retailer here and he has no clue.

will this be release in South Korea if so when?

I hope I'm not violating any rules for asking that question.

I have been asking my favorite retailer here and he has no clue.

Read the first post ;)

Thanks Placebo it's just I went to all kinds of store looking for this game here and none can be found. I thought that it would get the same release date as Japan since they are so close together. I guess I have to wait a little longer and just be content and jealous of those that have it already. Thanks for the speedy reply :)

:(:(:(

I'll try to get it pinned down to an exact date for you :)

Would it be possible for my friend to purchase an ARMA 2 505 games' key from one of the electronic distributors, and then use my hard copy of the game to install but use the key that he got? Has anyone tried this??

We don't discuss CD Key retailers here.

I'd like to add another voice of discontent with ArmA 2's release & publishing. It's all nice and well to say it has been released on a specific date, but all the stores selling physical copies in Australia say the game won't be available until August 20th. 505 games don't answer emails on the topic.

I would buy the game from overseas, but I have placed an order locally two months ago and don't want to buy the game twice.

Hi ceeeb,

After hearing about the release date being brought forward, I enquired with EB Games whether they had heard about release date changes and this is the reply I got this morning:

"...Thank you for your email. We received the information on Monday that the release for Arma 2 has been brought forward which is excellent news! We are in the process of changing this on the website.

Thanks,

Abie Hosking

EB Games - Trade 'n' Save!

"

Also, Gameplanet Store (www.gpstore.com.au) have now changed the release date to 16th July... Hope this makes the next two weeks bearable

:)

Went into an EB Games in Perth and was told 20th of August :D

haha it's getting pretty funny now

the game finally arrive... thank goodness. ordered from CDWOW.

ordered on june 3

despatch on june 22

arrive on 1 july.

the game is 505 version... cant wait to install it :)

the game finally arrive... thank goodness. ordered from CDWOW.

ordered on june 3

despatch on june 22

arrive on 1 july.

the game is 505 version... cant wait to install it :)

lucky bugger lol, if only if only i ordered earlier and knew.. im still waiting mine for dispatch. 13 years and still nothing.. ordered on 12th of June so i still don't know whats up lol

lucky bugger lol, if only if only i ordered earlier and knew.. im still waiting mine for dispatch. 13 years and still nothing.. ordered on 12th of June so i still don't know whats up lol

you should seriously file a complaint to their Customer Relations department or whatever, it seems like they are running a circus.

After hearing about the release date being brought forward, I enquired with EB Games whether they had heard about release date changes and this is the reply I got this morning:

"...Thank you for your email. We received the information on Monday that the release for Arma 2 has been brought forward which is excellent news! We are in the process of changing this on the website.

Thanks,

Abie Hosking

EB Games - Trade 'n' Save!

Also, Gameplanet Store (www.gpstore.com.au) have now changed the release date to 16th July... Hope this makes the next two weeks bearable"

Wow! So is this official then, that the release date in Oz isn't going to be so far away after all?

Why didnt you just download the digital copy? Why wait, you could be playing it tonight.

You can burn the downloaded copy to a dvd so you have a hard copy as backup so what on earth is the problem?

Why didnt you just download the digital copy? Why wait, you could be playing it tonight.

You can burn the downloaded copy to a dvd so you have a hard copy as backup so what on earth is the problem?

his internet is capped, so it would be more expensive to download than to import it from somewhere

Some of us can't afford the bandwidth.

Still waiting on my 2 copies from cdwow. Pre-ordered (what a joke) on the 16th june. So I feel your pain Russianguy. :(

Maybe some compensation is in order, like a free game, dvd's etc. ?

lol sorry that was a typo, was meant to say 13 days << , yea i don't know whats up, because cdwow is my only option, and ive emailed them 3-4 times on the issue and they won't tell me anything besides the fact they don't know when they going to have more in stock because of the publisher :S.

If i wasn't capped and if a digital download was cheaper i could get it. But for me a hard copy has many benefits..compared to a digital download. Steam isn't an option for me also cause i hate it so much!

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

there's a thing called cap limit/bandwidth, plus i prefer having the original disc,cover,box and manual in my hands..

I'm on 13 days as well. Ordered from www.play.com. I got confirmation that it was dispatched the same day. So I have no idea what is going on. "Free" delivery sure has a high cost :( And it's only from England to Norway. Everyone else that I know ordered after me has received theirs.

I guess it's just the jinx in me that strikes back... Again...

I'm on 13 days as well. Ordered from www.play.com. I got confirmation that it was dispatched the same day. So I have no idea what is going on. "Free" delivery sure has a high cost :( And it's only from England to Norway. Everyone else that I know ordered after me has received theirs.

I guess it's just the jinx in me that strikes back... Again...

Yeah "Free" delivery definitly does. The only place I had a good experience with free delivery from was amazon I think when I bought my xbox 360 and it arrived 2 days later.

CDWOW: Order Date: June 14; Dispatch Date: TBA