Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Yah, I'm sold.

I will more than likely be running a Dedi for this so maybe we can setup an "ArmA" group to play together :)

Will let you all know when the server is up - on or around the 13th :D

In the mean time, i have admin access to the official Tripwire UK servers. So if anyone is kicking around on them i'll be more than happy to swap maps/gametype for people.

I cannot get the beta to start for the life of me, I tried everything they said on the TWi forums,

I have no issues with UR3 in general other games with the engine work np.

@Günther: Try to verify your file integrity (rightclick on RO2 ->local files ->verify Integrity)

And it is motorisiert ;)

I have to admit that I'm pretty impressed by the infantry play. I can't say the same for tanking, which is the only reason I bought RO2.

@Günther: Try to verify your file integrity (rightclick on RO2 ->local files ->verify Integrity)

Dont do nothing. im not new to steam or RO, I been playing RO1 since its beta.

This is what i have done, and my specs:

At first when i tried it nothing happened, then I fixed a bunch of errors that i found using the program i have system mechanic,

from that point all i got was the splash screen.

Heres what I have done:

-Defragged my hd

-defrag Ro2

-verified integrity of cache

-updated my graphics drivers

-deleted the client registry blob

-tried the -nosound command on startup

-installed both the files in the binaries

-reinstalled the entire game

and nothing, nothing works!

When i click on the shortcut, the game loads, in a few sec or so I get the splash screen and the thing on the

task bar about unreal engine 3, thats it, its stops there. I go to task manager and it says ROgame is not responding.

IDK but i followed this thread:

If you cannot start the game at all.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=58105

Heres my computer specs:

OS -Winxp 32bit Home edition

CPU - AMD Single core Rolling Eyes 2.6 ya I know its slow but Im maxed out for my motherboard.

GPU- Nvidia Geforce GTX 285

2 gigs of ramm

PSU-750watt

Directx 9c

Dont know what else to do.

Heres my computer specs:

OS -Winxp 32bit Home edition

What service pack? I know that Stalker, although not otherwise stated, requires at least SP2 (+ .net framework 3.1 to be exact) to run. Starting with sp1 leaves the user utterly pointless as to why it wouldn´t work.

And that´s just assuming you´re as update lazy/weary as i am.

If your XP is up to date i´d say it´s the single core cpu causing trouble.

Minimum:

Processor: Dual Core 2.3 GHz or better

I have service pack 2, no laziness here for updating, computer runs good, and is up to date, although with Arma2CO

I run the game on all lowest settings except shadow, i can play it maxed out on certain maps.

I can play basically any game, but this is ridiculous.

Someone mentioned to me to run it as administrator, how do i do that? i have heard of the term so much

that I never knew what you had to do to run it.

Right klick on the Shortcut or exe and choose reun as administrator? At leat thats how Win7 works. Maybe you have to go into the Properties of the exe in XP

I have to admit that I'm pretty impressed by the infantry play. I can't say the same for tanking, which is the only reason I bought RO2.

Tis rare, but I am having the same doubts as yourself...

Tanks were always added "after", so keep your fingers crossed...51...

I tried that, right clicked the exe and seen the run as, but nothing happened except the same message

that comes up when you try to run the game from the exe anyways, it just says steam is required for the beta, or something like that.

I tried that, right clicked the exe and seen the run as, but nothing happened except the same message

that comes up when you try to run the game from the exe anyways, it just says steam is required for the beta, or something like that.

And this is why I dont like Steam. Its never a game problem. Its always Steam's problem. I would help you but looking back on your previous post it seems you have done pretty much everything. How about backing up to a previous date?

What are your worries about tanking?

I never played with the tanks much in RO1 to be honest, but as far as i can see the tanking in RO2 is a big improvement.

Ricochets are still in afaik, the damage modeling is a lot more indepth and the ability to kill individual crewmembers is awesome imo.

Is it perhaps the fact you can order around AI crewmembers, or that you no longer control the turret with WASD but with the mouse?

Don't run ROGAme.exe as Admin, or it'll throw up that error. I found that out.

Another Steam bug I guess.

@Günther:

Minimum:

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics card: 256 MB SM 3.0 DX9 Compliant NVIDIA® GeForce 7800 GTX or better ATI® Radeon® HD 2900 GT or better

Sound: Windows Supported Sound Card

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

Hard Drive: 8 GB free hard drive space

More maps to come this night!

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=59483

Plus, not to mention another update with that that should help combat hackers that people are reporting already.

(idiots that picked up any UE3 game hacks and just used them would be my guess)

and not to mention pro-active devs :

0fXO0RY4_eY

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=59377

Just had over 150 points as commander for russians on apartments.

Was tearing up.

best game I've had yet. I mowed down 3 guys with my papasha then game crashed....

oh well; it doesn't count anyway

Should i get this if i'm gonna use a gamepad, or should i not even bother cause i'm gonna get trashed so badly ?

Should i get this if i'm gonna use a gamepad, or should i not even bother cause i'm gonna get trashed so badly ?

Can you shoot a bolt action rifle accurately & quickly with a gamepad? I consider that impossible, couldn't hit a barn door.

I think you'll get badly owned.

@Günther:

Minimum:

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics card: 256 MB SM 3.0 DX9 Compliant NVIDIA® GeForce 7800 GTX or better ATI® Radeon® HD 2900 GT or better

Sound: Windows Supported Sound Card

DirectX: DirectX 9.0c

Hard Drive: 8 GB free hard drive space

I have all the above just my cpu is a single core 2.6.

Whats funny is I can run other games that use unreal engine 3 but not RO2 so i dont think my cpu is a factor here,

i think it has to do with steam and the beta itself, as im not the only one who cant get the game to start,a nd they got way better specs then I do.

There is a beta updated coming out soon with 3 new maps and a lot of optimization fixes. I'd just wait for that then try it Gunter.

Edited by Montanaro

Week 1 of the Beta has been a great success with tens of thousands of players getting their first taste of Red Orchestra 2. With the players' help Tripwire Interactive has been able to uncover and address several issues including a particularly nasty server browser issue which was duly fixed. After opening up the RO2 Beta with 3 maps (Fallen Fighters, Apartments and Gumrak), Tripwire Interactive are cycling in 3 more maps for everyone later today:

Grain Elevator: the iconic battle site in the south of Stalingrad featuring long range infantry fighting outdoors and room to room close quarters combat inside

Red October Factory: night-time fighting in the factory ruins on an epic scale with infantry and tanks fighting side by side

Barracks: a mix of close-quarter and medium-range combat, sure to be a fan favorite

All 3 maps will have both Territory and Countdown game modes, while Barracks also has the Firefight mode.

We're going to be rolling an update to the beta out shortly. Here is the changelog for your perusal:

- Turned on Speedhack detection and added a system to allow server admins to decide what to do with a player when they are detected using a speedhack (kick, session ban, or permanent ban).

- Fixed PreStartDuration not working properly which caused the round to start prematurely after a map change.

- Fixed getting stuck with a zoomed FOV when using grenades

- Added ability to turn off anti-aliasing

- Fixed floating meshes when a player dies

- Fixed destructibles not updating their shadows when destroyed

- Fixed DOF inside tanks

- Player progression stats are now saving and loading

- Unranked servers are now showing up as unranked in the browser

- Realism modes are hooked up and functional

- Killing a tank now gives extra points based on the number of players in the tank

- New map list: Gumrak, Grain Elevator, Barracks, Red October Factory

- Team balance changes. Commanders and top scoring players no longer get team swapped on death. The role select menu will not appear immediately to make it more obvious that you have died. Also, fixed a bug where an axis soldier could spawn on the allied team or vice versa.

- Fixed some HUD icons sticking around on the screen

- Fixed Countdown ending with time still on the clock

- Fixed automatically firing your weapon sometimes when respawning

- Fixed some issues with scoring in Firefight and prevented running out of reinforcements in this game type

- F10 will now cancel a pending server connection properly when stuck on a loading screen

Chars of Doom!

Nice :)

btw Funny how that RTT scope is eating like 15-20 frames down and everyone is whining xD

I did not noticed any frames down in RO1 while using scope

15-20 frames? Not for me. It's about 5fps less wich is totally fine because I'm still over 30fps with that.