Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Have been playing it lately as well, got a key via the RO2 Steam group chat, a Dev came in a dumped some keys. I believe the Open Beta isn't far away anyway.

Really is quite fun with some of the expected issues of a Beta there, like the before mentioned Knee Mortars and the number of them on some maps. But in my opinion they have done quite a good job of balancing the weapons and tech between the two sides.

Like I have, other long time fans of the RO series should enjoy this new addition, the pacific theatre really is a breath of fresh air, the maps look great and I hope this spikes the numbers and keeps them up.

Well, the only thing that matters for me is Classic Mode. That's the only decent (yes - decent) mode in RO2. I refuse to lower myself and play ''Realism'' or even worse Action Mode. Besides I don't like most realism players at least not the new blood. Unfortunately, barely no one plays Classic Mode in RO2, and when I do play it, there is still many things that are missing. RO1 is still better. I doubt Rising Storm will bring anything new to the table; or rather, bring back even half of the glorious lightbeams that was of RO1. Just look at the mortar. It was way better in DH where it actually required a spotter and real skill to use.I hope that something goes wrong with Rising Storm and that it ends up like RO2 e.i constant loss in players after release. That's what TWI deserve in my opinion. They took my money, they took my OST, and I gave them my word and got sent on a vacation. RO1 is almost what Dragon Rising is to Cold War Crisis. TWI betrayed the RO VETS.

I uninstalled RO2 for about a month ago. I'll never install that stupid game again. TWI can have their Official Action Servers. Ramm can have his action audience and Gibson can keep on being obsessed by CoD and its alikes.

What I am waiting for now is the spiritual sequel to Darkest Hour and I believe in that game because its not developed by TWI.

Edited by Cyper

Classic mode is garbage, that's why nobody play it. There are some features related to aiming,sway an fatigue that are nice but other than that is just bad, too slow, the maps weren't made for that type of gameplay and so the whole thing turns into crap.

DH guys are working in this: Festung Europe - http://www.festungeuropagame.com/

Cryengine there is an Q&A up now, more news on June 6th.

Pricing for Rising Storm is announced:

Base version of the game at these prices: 19.99 USD/ 17.99 EUR/ 14.99 GBP/ 399 RUB.

Rising Storm Steam Digital Deluxe Edition,at 29.99 USD/ 24.99 EUR/ 19.99 GBP/ 499 RUB, which adds the following extras:

Day 1 Unlock of the US M12 Trench Shotgun, Japanese Type 99 LMG, Japanese Type 99 Sniper Rifle with 4X scope (level 2) and the US M1 Garand with bayonet (Level 2).

2 Rising Storm soldier playable characters for Killing Floor - Ricky Vegas and Hayako Tanaka.

The Rising Storm and Red Orchestra 2 soundtracks.

AND all the upgrades for the RO2 Digital Deluxe Edition (4 day 1 unlock weapons, 2 playable RO2 characters in KF, and 2 RO2 hats in TF2)

Pre Orders and RO2 owners:

Pre-purchasing Rising Storm (Base or DDE) will grant immediate access to the Rising Storm Beta (note that experience earned in the Beta will NOT carry over to the released version).

There will be a 15% discount off the pricing during the pre-purchase period

All existing RO2 owners get an additional 25% discount off Rising Storm (Base or DDE; does NOT apply to a later upgrade from Base RS to DDE)

And last, but by no means least, all those early purchasers of RO2 who earned the "In B4 Reset" Achievement will get all the Day 1 unlocks for Rising Storm (4 weapons) PLUS a 2X multiplier on experience points earned during the first 2 weeks after release.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=90351

Seems good.

Around 12 USD/10.80 EUR/9 GBP for RO2 owners who pre-order the base version then? (40% discount)

Does seem quite good, especially since the InB4Reset achievers get all the Rising Storm perks* from the DDE for nowt. Might take them up on that.

*at least for those of us who don't own Killing Floor or care about the soundtrack

Bought RS on Friday and have since played a few hours on the beta. Must say I begin to like it already unlike RO2. It's quite immersing at times, with great sounds and visual effects. I definitely recommend it.

Bought RS on Friday and have since played a few hours on the beta. Must say I begin to like it already unlike RO2. It's quite immersing at times, with great sounds and visual effects. I definitely recommend it.

I agree with you on that mate... I really doubted it would be a good buy but it is worth every penny!

RO2 really seemed boring since everything was so simple here... you are more in control in a way just my 2 cents.

Squad Leaders! Y U NO MAKE ARTY TARGETS?! (╯°□°)╯︵ â”»â”â”»

PS: Leopardi guy i´ve seen on several maps, same as on bi forums? :D

Bought it last night, had a quick go on one of the maps this lunch time, shot some people, died lots, quickly developed a hatred of knee mortars and a fondness of the M1911

Will have to play some more tonight, but it seems well worth the £9 it cost me.

Just gave it a try and seems good. The effect when you are in the middle of smoke is quite nice, flames too.

acuH7TVJ.jpg adg4JqoJ.jpg adyiEYbd.jpg

I have one invite for the Beta (dunno when starts or ends), anyone?

I have one invite for the Beta (dunno when starts or ends), anyone?

Same :D

I've played RS now just about as much RO2 in all the years that i owned it. RS is a great game, sounds great, looks good, plays really well, dead cheap.

Yeah they did a good job, I love the design of the maps, it really feels like a battlefront

And getting kills isn't easy as in RO2, sometimes the whole thing is just chaotic. The peripherical view thing kind of ruins the whole forest environment you can "sense" people from too far away.

Would like to see RO2 with these new mechanics, realism mode is a little less forgiving now.

If anyone still has Beta key I'd be happy to steal it from you :)

Edit: Thank ya Burnsies!

Edited by froggyluv

Anyone have another Beta key?, i know that the release it's soonb but i want to test it before buying it, i loved RO2, so i guess this one will be at least as good, but i need to check the maps because that's a big part of how good the game really is :)

Anyone have another Beta key?, i know that the release it's soonb but i want to test it before buying it, i loved RO2, so i guess this one will be at least as good, but i need to check the maps because that's a big part of how good the game really is :)

Your Steam ID?

The Beta is 10Gb, so better have a good connection.

Hurry much, release tomorrow, according to PCGamer :notify:

Since RO2 and RS will be merged in the same thing tomorrow, is already possible to make a pre-load of that version:

Right-click on your current "Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad" install (or RO2 SDK install) in your Steam library.

Select "Properties" - "Betas" tab.

Use the "Select the Beta..." dropdown box - select "Preload"

"Close" - and your current RO2 (or SDK) install will update with the new Rising Storm content.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=91472

And since it will become one thing, the updated gameplay will be part of RO2 too!

Don't worry then, :P i think its gonna be late for the beta ^^, i hope there will be a way to test it if i already own RO2

IIRC, if you own RO2 you will be able to play as rifleman only.