Sign in to follow this  
Pac

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Cool, got the game and installing. Thanks for info Moerderhosch.

Although I also have RO2 Beta and Rising Storm Beta in my library. Whats the deal with this?

Same question :confused:

as far as i know it means that you also have access to the Standalone Addon Rising Storm (Pacific War), but only as standard rifleman. When you want full access to Rising Storm with all Soldierclasses you have to buy the full version of Rising Storm. Betas in Red Orchestra and Rising Storm is nearly the same like in ArmA III. In RO / RS you got the stable versions and the more often updated but unstable beta builds. thats the deal as far as i know.

I was wondering why the installation of RO2 is so huge. I quit playing RO2 before RS was release and now some guys on Steam told me that both games have merged... I don't see any point in buying RS since rifleman is the best class ever :D

Not if You'll get to meet The Almighty Trench Gun or a friggin Flamethrower.

Didn´t they also announce that rising storm will be discounted? It still seems to be on full price.

25% off my end at the moment and also free for 24 hours.

So 17,99€ is the discounted price? It doesn´t say anything about a discount on my end.

For me it is saying the discount, the free2p is on RO2 not rising storm for me. The digital deluxe version is £14.99 my end, maybe give steam a restart or...dunoo mate

if i remember correct Rising Storm will be playable for everyone this weekend. maybe it will give some discount on this Rising Storm free weekend but i'm not sure.

as far as i know it means that you also have access to the Standalone Addon Rising Storm (Pacific War), but only as standard rifleman. When you want full access to Rising Storm with all Soldierclasses you have to buy the full version of Rising Storm. Betas in Red Orchestra and Rising Storm is nearly the same like in ArmA III. In RO / RS you got the stable versions and the more often updated but unstable beta builds. thats the deal as far as i know.

OK, so I have:

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad - Single Player

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Beta

Rising Storm Beta

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer

Therefore betas are like dev branch and MP is stable version if I understand correctly.

Anyway, I fired up Single Player and I do not have any kind words for it Im afraid. Its pretty much the same as at release which is too bad because it could be good fun with a bit of polish and tweaks.

AI is still plain retarded and there is insane stuttering at the start of the mission for like 20-30s and then 60FPS. Sometimes it stutters near the end as well.

Also I dont understand some of the keybindings.

I.E.: you have an option to split keys for cover/bandage/use/etc functions but not for single shot/melee/etc. This is really bad. Why didnt they just made it so weapon changes fire mode instead of using some other key than LMB to fire single shot.

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer

This is what you want only. Launching SP version first can give a very bad view of a game and discourage in effect. SP should be banned srsly

There's going to be a flood of hackers and idiots TK'ing like crazy.

Would have been better if they just had a sale and not the free route, it rarely works out well for games like this.

Arma 2 was virtually unplayable after Arma 2 Free was released unless the server was running addon or passworded.

This is what you want only. Launching SP version first can give a very bad view of a game and discourage in effect. SP should be banned srsly

Yeah, I figured. Gunplay is good for the most part if you forget about weird keybindings (just noticed that lean keys are combined with tank sight elevation or smt). Its just too bad they havent been able to make SP good. BF2's SP was the same way basically MP with bots and was great fun for example. Even Arma 1 had a mode, sector control I think it was called with AI that worked great despite all the clunky movement. Too bad it was broken in one of the latest patches.

Played a few rounds again last night after not firing it up for awhile.

Forgot how much I love this game. Will be playing more often again.

It's really good to be back, I totally forgotten all the controls like movements&commands and only been running with a smg, somehow I ended up with most frags and hi score :D I don't have to mention the percentage of FF is really high because many new players use logics "monkey see - monkey shoots" without even checking the map if there are any allies or friendly control zones. I was TK'ed so many times in this game.

Forgot how much I love this game. Will be playing more often again.
Same here.

This give-away brought a lot of noobs who don't know what to do, where to go and how to shoot. I think it's good time to make some turkey shoot and remind of precision shooting and recoil control ;) I saw a group of people running around their respawn thinking that's the goal, while the goal was on other side of the map. Such people don't have any idea about the game... I remember I was like that too when I purchsed the game :) Nevertheless it's good because servers will fill with new players!

It's really good to be back, I totally forgotten all the controls like movements&commands and only been running with a smg, somehow I ended up with most frags and hi score :D I don't have to mention the percentage of FF is really high because many new players use logics "monkey see - monkey shoots" without even checking the map if there are any allies or friendly control zones. I was TK'ed so many times in this game.

Axis = one handed sprinting

Allies = two handed sprinting

;)

Yes, i'm trying it ATM and it's awful.

I can't remember any good SP experience in any games recently...

Are You kidding me?!

Shadow Warrior. 10/10 on Wangometer!

Not to mention - EYE Divine Cybermancy, Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3, Bioshock? (not that old)

Well, i don't want to play Duke Nukem forever...hardcore FPS shooter are boring. Sorry for OT anyway. Back to RO.

but, but, RO2 is kinda hardcore as well, don't you think :D

Are You kidding me?!

Shadow Warrior. 10/10 on Wangometer!

Not to mention - EYE Divine Cybermancy, Far Cry 3, Max Payne 3, Bioshock? (not that old)

What is this about?

but, but, RO2 is kinda hardcore as well, don't you think :D

But it sucks at SP.

What is this about?

SP games.

After the free weekend. It's possible to play RS, but it's only limited to bolt-action rifle on both sides, no class nor weapon progress is possible.

Time to play again. The germans might be a bit OP now. They already had a really good MG, and now with the MG-42....