Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

The ArmA2 it´s not an "VGA´s eater", so therefore the boost will depend on the others specs of your rig....specially the microprocessor.

Regards

i7 920 cpu and 3gb ram. i also got it for mafia 2

i7 920 cpu and 3gb ram. i also got it for mafia 2

well, in that case you can expect a very good difference between the 260 and the gtx 480.

regards

how well would this run. amd athlon II X2 235e (dual core 2.7ghz), GTX460, 6gb ddr2 ram at 800mhz. interested more in settings i could run at and fps.

Everything but the processor is good.....I don't even think you need that big of a GPU...this game is more processor heavy then GPU...I run a HD4350 and it runs like glass, of course I am using an Phenom II x4 @ 3.00

yeah i was thinking about getting the 955 soon so i guess i will grab one of those before i get this. thanks for the answer.

I have:

AMD Athlon x2 dual core 3800+

2GB RAM

9600gt 512mb :p

I saw this:

:butbut:

Now I want, nay, NEED this:

Alienware Aurora :cool:

Alienware Aura - £1149

Mr.PIG pc - £654

( plus case etc)

I'll sell you this pc for £654 a saving of £500. The only difference is that it won't have alienware on it.

Dude - I did a quick search for parts and the build comes in at £654 and thats with the i7 930 not the older 860 . You could go possibly cheaper with more searching. With this theory in mind you can upgrade the GPU for somthing a little more modern, eg GTX 470 /480. You could also stretch to an SSD drive and a powerful PSU.

Buying off the shelf comes with a premium!

( Alienware spec apart from cpu)

i7 930 - £229

MB - £145

5670 - £69 x 2

4GB ram - £100

1TB hard drive, £40-50

Was wondering if anyone knows if A2 & A2:OA will be able to utilise all 6 cores in 6 core processors? (Eg Phenom II x6). Im upgrading in 2 weeks, specifically for OA. Am looking at a AMD PII X6 @ 2.80 GHz which is only slightly dearer, (by £30) than the PII X4 @ 3.2GHz. Obviously I'm after getting the X6, but might have a rethink if OA is only going to utilize 4 cores. Any thoughts?

Anyone know if i can run OA on some decent settings? any help would be nice

4GB DDR2 Ram

AMD Athlon II 630 Quad Core Processor

ATI Radeon 5670 Graphics card.

Please respond quick!!

i would just like to know if it can run at medium to high settings.

just ordered a 480gtx. coming from a 260gtx. good healthy boost?

Not Really your just going to get Massive Heating Problems.

Terrible Noise And Terrible Lag.

On the other hand i just bought a 5870 XFX 1GB OC.

Anyone know if i can run OA on some decent settings? any help would be nice

4GB DDR2 Ram

AMD Athlon II 630 Quad Core Processor

ATI Radeon 5670 Graphics card.

Please respond quick!!

i would just like to know if it can run at medium to high settings.

Possibly Medium Not High.

Get a 5870 and jobs a good IN + Expect to play at Max settings.

On the other hand i just bought a 5870 XFX 1GB OC.

Possibly Medium Not High.

Get a 5870 and jobs a good IN + Expect to play at Max settings.

Thanks, How about this

Processor Type

Intel Core i5 650

Processor Speed

3.20GHz

RAM

6GB DDR3

Graphics

ATI HD5570

i get this one a lot cheaper then the other PC above

:rolleyes: if you don't know what you are talking about, don't post. You haven't helped him one bit

Thanks, How about this

Processor Type

Intel Core i5 650

Processor Speed

3.20GHz

RAM

6GB DDR3

Graphics

ATI HD5570

i get this one a lot cheaper then the other PC above

Yes Medium Settings Easy and correct me if im wrong you could always upgrade anyway if you feel you need to ?

This will be fine having had over 20 years of PC Self Experience i can say go for it that system is fine just make sure the system is upgradeable for future developments....

KFHx6d7ZPO0

w4MdSshnRVI

Edited by ATP Arma 2 OA Fan

Yes Medium Settings Easy and correct me if im wrong you could always upgrade anyway if you feel you need to ?

This will be fine having had over 20 years of PC Self Experience i can say go for it that system is fine just make sure the system is upgradeable for future developments....

I thought you were 29?

You had your own computer when you were nine, in like 1990?

wat

Edited by W0lle
quoted video

KFHx6d7ZPO0

I think this answers the question so good luck on your new pc i hope you do pick this one as it is a nice build :).

As you can see this guy has exactly the same build as you are after and it looks superb :D.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

I thought you were 29?
You had your own computer when you were nine, in like 1990?
wat

Yep i had an 286 With a printer got it for Christmas it cost around $1700.

I think this answers the question so good luck on your new pc i hope you do pick this one as it is a nice build :).

As you can see this guy has exactly the same build as you are after and it looks superb :D.

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Yep i had an 286 With a printer got it for Christmas it cost around $1700.

Thanks man for everything. And im pretty sure its upgradeable.

Edited by W0lle
quoted video

Buying off the shelf comes with a premium!

( Alienware spec apart from cpu)

i7 930 - £229

MB - £145

5670 - £69 x 2

4GB ram - £100

1TB hard drive, £40-50

If you configure it right the Aurora can be an acceptable deal (mine wasn't too bad, and I didn't have time to do a build when I got it) as long as you don't get extended warranties and preferably if you wait for any deals. Mine is the primary PC build from my sig, it cost £1200 (there was a deal on it, admittedly, which knocked £80 off at the time), which isn't too bad considering the price of RAM nowadays, and when you take into account the cpu cooling and case (the case is amazing, btw), which adds up to probably another £200, so that plus £220 for the CPU, £150 for the mobo, £280 for the 5870, about £250 for the RAM and another £50 or so for the HDD and optical drive, that adds to £1150, and I'm happy to pay the 50 more so that I don't have to build it. Actually, I forgot the copy of Win 7 64bit, and that's another £85, so yeah, wasn't too bad.

That said, I won't be buying pre-builts again (well, probably, never say never) as I enjoy building 'em too much :D

I'm about to purchase a new computer and I wanted to know how smooth it would run Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead. I'm looking for quality graphics, but I want the game to run well and not lag. I'm new here so any help goes a long way! Thanks!

What I'm looking at:

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit

Intel Core i7-860 (8Mb Cache 2.80Ghz)

4 Gb Duel Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333Mhz-4 DIMMs

Ati Radeon HD 5770 1024Mb GDDR5

500Gb-7200Rpm, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16Mb Cache

16x Dvd+/-RW Drive

On a 20" Dell ST2010 HD

McGarrb, looks like you'll be ok, just make sure you have a decent case with good air flow and a good PSU *Recommend corsair or antec*. What kind of heatsink are you looking at??

I soon to be getting Arma 2 Combined Operations and I know I have to atleast upgrade my video card.

My Computer:

Motherboard: Aspire m1201

Processor: Amd Athlon Dual Core Processor 4450e 2.30 Ghz(I would prefer not to have to upgrade this)

Video Card: Ati Radeon 2100

RAM: 2gb(I will probably upgrade this)

I'm also looking at this video card

Any Suggestions?

i would choose a GTX460 form GAINWARD or gygabit but he OC version very CHEAP AND KICKS like hell

Thanks, but I'm not sure if I want to spend over $200 on a card. I'm looking for under $200. Thanks though