Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

@Buckster

What are your specs?

First couple of AO missions yield between 20-30 FPS for me, often in the low twenties... ;(

I'm running with PP off already...

My specs are:

QX6700 Quad Extreme @2.7Ghz

GTX 480

4GB Dominator RAM

EVGA 680i Motherboard

Apple Cinema Display 30 inch @ 2560x1600

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Hey guys so i was wondering if my computer could run this game and at what settings. Sepcs are

i7 930 2.80GHz Quad Core

EVGA P55 SLI Motherboard - Intel P55

EVGA GTX 470 SuperClocked(Fermi) 1280MB

4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Ram

Thank you.

Hey guys so i was wondering if my computer could run this game and at what settings. Sepcs are

i7 930 2.80GHz Quad Core

EVGA P55 SLI Motherboard - Intel P55

EVGA GTX 470 SuperClocked(Fermi) 1280MB

4GB 1333MHz DDR3 Ram

Thank you.

that system will not run anything, the 930 doesn't fit on a P55 mobo, different sockets.

Can someone evaluate my computer? And any upgrade suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

CPU: AMD Athalon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+(2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

1G RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4800 series

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5083733&CatId=4720

Says i7 so im assuming it fits. But i guess i could be wrong...

I haven't bought the computer yet so.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Category/guidedSearch.asp?CatId=22&sel=Detail;112_174_53260_53260

Only these processors (LGA 1156) will fit that P55 motherboard. The i7 930 is LGA 1366 so it will require an X58 motherboard.

If you decide to stick with the i7 930 and get an X58 motherboard I recommend getting 6GB of RAM instead of 4.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Category/guidedSearch.asp?CatId=22&sel=Detail;112_174_53260_53260

Only these processors (LGA 1156) will fit that P55 motherboard. The i7 930 is LGA 1366 so it will require an X58 motherboard.

If you decide to stick with the i7 930 and get an X58 motherboard I recommend getting 6GB of RAM instead of 4.

I was told that windows 32bit only recognizes 4GB of Ram max O.o

so i should get this one ?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6307058&CatId=4726

but then i need to buy a CPU Fan >< ...another 60 bucks

Edited by XionFlux

Yes that is a good processor. However if you do decide to get that one, buy it from Newegg:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116368

Same thing, but $50 cheaper. Also, here's a link to a good CPU cooler:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134

It is more than capable of keeping the CPU cool at stock speeds. It should keep it reasonably cool if you ever decide to overclock also.

EDIT: How big is your case? That CPU cooler is pretty large so you'll need a case wide enough to install it in. Looking at the measurements on newegg it'll stick out of your motherboard by 126.5 mm (or nearly 5 inches).

Edited by Razzamatazz

I've given up the thought of upgrading my pc so i can run this game in optimal settings. Dont want to risk spending a ton of money for a few extra fps only having it drop when the screen gets busy.

EDIT: How big is your case? That CPU cooler is pretty large so you'll need a case wide enough to install it in. Looking at the measurements on newegg it'll stick out of your motherboard by 126.5 mm (or nearly 5 inches).

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1384989&Sku=A107-3016

This is the case ill be getting / was getting

think it is big enough ?

by the way thank you so much for your help : )

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Buy a copy of Windows 7 64!

but that will set me back 275$ :' ( just to go from 32 - 64 >< fml lol

If you have 7 or Vista, you can contact MS and get a license to go from 32bit to 64bit. AFAIK, it costs something like $10.

If you have 7 or Vista, you can contact MS and get a license to go from 32bit to 64bit. AFAIK, it costs something like $10.

YAY Thanks ! : D

I'm looking for a new graphics card for my somewhat outdated PC with

AMD Phenom 9750 Quad at 2,4 GHz

8GB DDR2 at 800 MHz

Windows Vista 64 bit

ATI HD4850 1GB

Can anyone recommend a video card in the 200-300e range? Oh, and it needs to fit into my 7" wide pc case.

Also, what do I need to know when switching the graphics card? How do I make sure the GPU is compatible with my old setup?

Thanks

I'm looking for a new graphics card for my somewhat outdated PC with

AMD Phenom 9750 Quad at 2,4 GHz

8GB DDR2 at 800 MHz

Windows Vista 64 bit

ATI HD4850 1GB

Can anyone recommend a video card in the 200-300e range? Oh, and it needs to fit into my 7" wide pc case.

Also, what do I need to know when switching the graphics card? How do I make sure the GPU is compatible with my old setup?

Thanks

The EVGA 470 is on sale for 300 Atm on TigerDirect

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6075290&CatId=3585

Was very disappoited to find the AO would run on my system...still, plus side is, I get an excuse to buy some new stuff. My current system falls just short with a AMD 64 X 2 Dual Core 5200+, (minimum I belive is 6000+)

This is what I was thinking. (Cant be spending too much at the mo).

AMD Phenom II X 4 3.2GHz

4GB Ram

HD 4870 1GB, (My current card, cant afford new GPU right now).

Win7 64bit.

My question is:

Guys will this run OA at a reasonably smooth framerate?

Cheers.

Edited by Bascule42
AO 2 OA...berk

Was very disappoited to find the AO would run on my system...still, plus side is, I get an excuse to buy some new stuff. My current system falls just short with a AMD 64 X 2 Dual Core 5200+, (minimum I belive is 6000+)

This is what I was thinking. (Cant be spending too much at the mo).

AMD Phenom II X 4 3.2GHz

4GB Ram

HD 4870 1GB, (My current card, cant afford new GPU right now).

Win7 64bit.

My question is:

Guys will this run OA at a reasonably smooth framerate?

Cheers.

I think that computer will be able to handle it pretty well. If you look up my current specs (above), I can run Arma 2 with Medium/High settings (no AA) at around 30 fps.

Hey there guys, got a question.

I am getting some new stuff for OA, could you tell me if it's good or not, or maybe recommend something, of course at the same price.

Intel Core i5 750, 2,66 GHz

Geforce GTS 250

4gb RAM 1333 MHz

Win7 64bit

And of course, if possible, how will this run OA?

Hey there guys, got a question.

I am getting some new stuff for OA, could you tell me if it's good or not, or maybe recommend something, of course at the same price.

Intel Core i5 750, 2,66 GHz

Geforce GTS 250

4gb RAM 1333 MHz

Win7 64bit

And of course, if possible, how will this run OA?

I was going to upgrade my pc to an i7 but i'm not going to bother because i dont think any pc will run this game well.. thats just my opinion. Ive spent more time in here trying to solve issues than playing the game itself honestly.

I was going to upgrade my pc to an i7 but i'm not going to bother because i dont think any pc will run this game well.. thats just my opinion. Ive spent more time in here trying to solve issues than playing the game itself honestly.

ditto. especially when I can only download files at 50 kbs here in Iraq. Doesnt put me off though. Goes to show how good the game really is.

to the poster above you should be able to run it on low/medium settings with less than 2000 view distance fine.

ditto. especially when I can only download files at 50 kbs here in Iraq. Doesnt put me off though. Goes to show how good the game really is.

to the poster above you should be able to run it on low/medium settings with less than 2000 view distance fine.

If someone would come in here and say to me this is my rig and i can run the game at full settings without lag or slow down i would upgrade just for the game.

I only use the editor to make staged cut scenes now that are not complicated to where my system starts to crawl.

Ok I need more information about the game's reqs.

Are OA reqs Higher than those of Splinter Cell Conviction? Or Gta4?

Because I know people running both of aforementioned on 'highest' with great fps.

If you say OA is going to run on Low/Medium, while Conviction runs on very high, then maybe it's the game, that is unoptimised and not worthy of my cash? (no offense)

I remember running Arma1 on 'full' on 'GF 9600GT', how come OA has such reqs without a "big change in graphics, to be honest"?

I want to buy a new system for ARMA. Please, anyone help me. What system is better for ARMA2 at baseline and overclocked frequencies:

1. Phenom II X4 965 BE, 4gb DDR3, ATI RADEON 5870, SSD 60gb

2. i5 750(i7 860), GF 470 (480), 4gb DDR3, SSD 60gb

3. Phenom II X4 965 BE, 4gb DDR3, GF 470 (480), SSD 60gb

4. i5 750(i7 860), ATI RADEON 5870, 4gb DDR3, SSD 60gb