Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

No. And if it runs, it will be choppy as butter.

Looks like this game is going to be out of my reach for about a year or so then :(

Save some cash for a new CPU then. A decent Dual (or Quad core) is really cheap these days. :)

The thing is i was on a crappy AMD Athlon 3500+ 2.21ghz single core, 1gb of DDR2 Ram, and a Asrock 939 socket mobo 2 weeks ago which lasted 3 years until i OCed my single core and accidently killed it, and i upgraded last week and i wanted to stay on a budget of $300 NZD..but hit extra $47 NZD, so from reading their optimal specifications? Do you think i could run this on med-high settings? with shadows turned off and AA maybe on low or medium? i want to play on a 1024x768 or 1280x768 resoultion. I always set my distance in ArmA around 500-3000 max, so hopefully 500-2000 for ArmA 2?

I get a mixed range of FPS for ArmA, 60 max. Everything is maxed except AA and Shadows turned off, texture set to medium.

Average is 30 FPS.

On CSS I get 100-110

Farcry 2 about 50-70

COD4 about 85-90

Fallout 3 about 70-80

COD5 about 70-80

also going to test crysis maybe next month,but then.. i just OCed my cpu and gfx yesterday i saw about a 15% improvement.. but i really hope i can ArmA2... just want some more opinions about my specs..

so i should be all good with these specs?

you said something like AMD Athlon 3500+ 2.21ghz single core, 1gb of DDR2 Ram, and a Asrock 939 socket mobo.

After that you said a lot of $$ and then how good other games works.

Sorry i have no clue whats in your pc O.o

Guys recently last week i upgraded my pc for around $347 NZD which includes my mobo,ram and cpu and i was hoping if you guys could tell me if i could run it or not.

Here is my Specs so far:

Processor:Overclocked AMD Athlon AM2 6000+ Windsor 3.29ghz x2 Dual Core

Memory:Patrioit 4096mb DDR2 800Mhz (Now 667 had to downclock cause of OC of CPU)

Hard Drive:300GB

Video Card:HIS ATi Radeon HD 3850 512mb PCI-E

Core Clock OC from 730 to 775Mhz

Memory Clock OC from 980Mhz to 1070Mhz

Monitor:17inch SyncMaster 740T/740B 17inch

Sound Card:Internal Motherboard Sound Card

Operating System: Windows XP Professional 32bit Service Pack 3

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M56S-S3 Motherboard

Im Hoping at least to run it at Med-High at a 1024x768 or a 1280x720 Resoultion , and maybe AA at low or normal,shadows turned off?

What you think? I just upgraded last week and am on a tight budget, the NZD is like $1 to 50c-60c USD, prices here are twice as expensive. If arma 2 won't run then im not gonna bother getting it..

here it is.. sorry i can be an idiot sometimes :j: :j:

from all i heared the game should start. you're passing the minimum req so you should run it at least on minimum settings.

Don't know if you could go on medium-high but you can give it a try :)

from all i heared the game should start. you're passing the minimum req so you should run it at least on minimum settings.

Don't know if you could go on medium-high but you can give it a try :)

well i checked and it said i did pass the optimal required specs.. but still am curious... i read bert ran it on a system lower than mine...and had no problems..

yeah less cpu and ram but more gfx power.

where did you check?

anyway all the things you said are very positive so why doubting anymore?

i don't wanna say "yeah all things will work great on your pc" because i simply dont know.

well i checked and it said i did pass the optimal required specs.. but still am curious... i read bert ran it on a system lower than mine...and had no problems..

Bert was running it on an 8800GT, a slightly slower CPU and (if I'm not mistaken) 2GB of RAM. I believe the gfx cards are pretty much on par (not quite sure about the HD3850 really) but overall your system looks a bit better.

Just bought myself a brand spanking new ATI 4770 on 40 nm to quench my hunger for new gfx.I am contemplating on buying the german version of Arma 2 and I can't wait to see what can I pull out of my low end system:

AMD Opteron 165 2.0ghzX2

2 gb ram DDR400

ATI 4770

640 gb Western Digital blue caviar

Windows XP Professional

1280x960 Medium settings,4 km viewdistance would make me a VERY happy gamer.

Bert was running it on an 8800GT, a slightly slower CPU and (if I'm not mistaken) 2GB of RAM. I believe the gfx cards are pretty much on par (not quite sure about the HD3850 really) but overall your system looks a bit better.

Cheers

mate you helped alot!

did he ever mention what Framerate he got?

To quicksand: i think your cpu at 2.0ghz is low mate, could you OC it higher? your gfx kills mine.. ram is good too.. so i think u can run it well but i suggest you OC your cpu or upgrade it

Edited by =Spetsnaz=

Just bought myself a brand spanking new ATI 4770 on 40 nm to quench my hunger for new gfx.I am contemplating on buying the german version of Arma 2 and I can't wait to see what can I pull out of my low end system:

AMD Opteron 165 2.0ghzX2

2 gb ram DDR400

ATI 4770

640 gb Western Digital blue caviar

Windows XP Professional

1280x960 Medium settings,4 km viewdistance would make me a VERY happy gamer.

I got same sistem, but CPU AMD Athlon x2 3800+ (2.0ghz).

Arma 1 work ok, Very high settings and 1280x1024 30-60fps. I hope that Arma 2 will run just on medium settings.

i think people who can run arma 1 on high settings will be able to run arma 2 with medium settings

i think people who can run arma 1 on high settings will be able to run arma 2 with medium settings
Got me confused

going by all the recent information from community reviewers with medium Pc's they seem to be doing mighty fine i.e Berts Weapon videos.

I believe on a 2.2ghz C2D with 2gb Ram certainly not up their in specs but looks and moves nice.

thats what i was saying also :D that lowend and medium pcs will be able to run arma 2 on low/medium settings and still get nice graphics

Anyone know when arma 2 demo will release?

@ quicKsanD

Naa i would rather say 2km ;) I've got a X2 4850e at 2,75 Ghz, 4gb DDr2 and a HD 4850 512MB I can run ArmA 2 at mid-high with 2km fluent except the cities, there is a drop noticable...

Wow, and what was this stuff about the recommended graphics card being a 8800 GT? I'd take a recommended specification to be what you need to play it at or slightly above medium settings. But the 4850 is a fair bit better than the 8800 GT, is it not?

That concerns me with my GTX 280. :butbut: