Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

I can run everything on full in ArmA with 1920x1200 and GTX260 + i7 920. I always have over 25 fps, but in intense situations when I view a forest from a distance I get a drop to 25. And that drop is noticeable. The user interaction lags behind more the further down you get from 60fps.

Using full settings in ArmA it looks a little bit like ArmA2 (ArmA2 better of course). So if a new gen nvidia card manages ArmA in full, I think you should be able to get a little better graphics in ArmA2 to the same price seen to the fact that they have had time to optimize the engine since.

But if I would buy a gfx-card for ArmA gameplay today I would buy a card slightly better than the GTX260.

Too bad they don't show off the system specs in the screenshots.

Radeon 4870 1GB overclocked, 4GB DDR3 (1333Mhz), C2D 3.0Ghz (E8400)...hope it'll be fine

I have a now "oldish" Dell with 8800GTX and quad core (1,5 years old) + vista, and Arma 1.14 runs great on high with 5km VD. I don't get how people with beastly pc can say it runs crap...

Whether there's a stange conflict on their setup or we don't have the same standards and they want over 60fps as bare minimum...

Arma not being fast paced by nature, I could even enjoy it with a 66OOGT and 20 fps 2 years ago!

Hello all! First post on the forum! :) :yay:

I know you guys are probably sick of questions like 'does my computer sux??' and such, but i have to ask it since im basicly is so taken by arma2s stunning gameplay that i probably will buy a whole new computer just for the sake of playing ARMA2.

This is my planned setup, any thoughts about it? :rolleyes:

- Cooler Master Centurion 590 Black, Aluminium Front (Without PSU)

- Seasonic S12Energy+ PSU 650W, 120mm Fan, ATX/EPS, 2xPCI-E, 6xSATA, 20/24pin

- AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X3 720 Black Edition, Triple Core, 2,8Ghz, AM3, 95W, Boxed

- Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 4096MB CL5, Kit w/two matched CM2X2048-6400 Dimm's

- Sapphire Radeon HD 4850X2 2GB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI, HDMI, HDCP,

- Gigabyte GA-MA78G-UD3H, Socket-AM2+/AM3, AMD 780G+SB700, ATX, DDR2 , Firewire, GbLAN, HDMI, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16

- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA-300, 16MB, 7200RPM

- Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S222L/BEBN, Dual, Lightscribe, Black, Bulk

Thanks for answers! :bounce3:

Hello all! First post on the forum! :) :yay:

I know you guys are probably sick of questions like 'does my computer sux??' and such, but i have to ask it since im basicly is so taken by arma2s stunning gameplay that i probably will buy a whole new computer just for the sake of playing ARMA2.

This is my planned setup, any thoughts about it? :rolleyes:

- Cooler Master Centurion 590 Black, Aluminium Front (Without PSU)

- Seasonic S12Energy+ PSU 650W, 120mm Fan, ATX/EPS, 2xPCI-E, 6xSATA, 20/24pin

- AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X3 720 Black Edition, Triple Core, 2,8Ghz, AM3, 95W, Boxed

- Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 4096MB CL5, Kit w/two matched CM2X2048-6400 Dimm's

- Sapphire Radeon HD 4850X2 2GB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI, HDMI, HDCP,

- Gigabyte GA-MA78G-UD3H, Socket-AM2+/AM3, AMD 780G+SB700, ATX, DDR2 , Firewire, GbLAN, HDMI, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16

- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA-300, 16MB, 7200RPM

- Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S222L/BEBN, Dual, Lightscribe, Black, Bulk

Thanks for answers! :bounce3:

Why not get better DDR2 Ram? They are very cheap now and you could easily get faster ram...

Why not get better DDR2 Ram? They are very cheap now and you could easily get faster ram...

Im not so good in computer specs, but i shall look into that, what kind of ram name am i looking for then?

cheers :)

Any guesses on what it will run best on: XP, Vista or Win7?

Im think ill keep xp and get Win7 when they release it.

Well, I can play ARMA maxed with a solid framerate. I think I will be able to max 2 too.

Here is my rig:

GRFX: eVGA GTX 295 (not overclocked)

CPU: intel 920 (not overclocked)

RAM: 6 gigs ddr3 @ 1600

HDD: 1 TB @ 7200 rpm

Case: Coolermaster 932 full tower

heres mine:

i7 920

3gigs ddr 3 (i think)

gts9800 1g

if i get any slowdown on the video card, ill probably get a gtx295, what do you guys think of the 9800 though?

heres mine:

i7 920

3gigs ddr 3 (i think)

gts9800 1g

if i get any slowdown on the video card, ill probably get a gtx295, what do you guys think of the 9800 though?

I think that 9800 wiil be strong enough for ArmA2 , btw you guys have pretty strong CPU's like i7 - i can't buy those because in here are pretty expensive cpu with mobo :p

Here's my pc:

E6600 C2D 2,4ghz (it will be overclocked for arma2)

2gigs ddr2 800 (buying 2gigs more)

8800GTX - i hope my pc will run cool in ArmA2 , if it go like slow traktor then i must buy new quad , mobo and gtx285 :(

Edited by RobertHammer

CPU: E8400 3ghz + Arctic Freezer 7 PRO

VGA: HD4850 512mb + Arctic Accelero TWIN TURBO

RAM: 4gb DDR2 800 cs5

HD: 2x 7200rpm samsung/maxtor 250gb

PSU: Arctic Fusion 550R

CASE: Sileo 500

Motheboard: 4core1333-GLAN/M

Could someone give me a rough idea how these settings would handle ArmA 2.

AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad-Core processor

(2.40GHz, 2MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium

4GB DDR2 800MHz memory

512MB ATI Radeon HD4850 graphics

640GB SATA hard drive (7200rpm)

Thanks.

my spec should be ok my systems gonna get hammered with this game day and night no use holding back on a new system i built it for this very means a FPS simulation and ARMA2 fits the slot :)

Could someone give me a rough idea how these settings would handle ArmA 2.

AMD Phenom X4 9750 Quad-Core processor

(2.40GHz, 2MB Cache)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium

4GB DDR2 800MHz memory

512MB ATI Radeon HD4850 graphics

640GB SATA hard drive (7200rpm)

Thanks.

It's an alright PC, but not the best. Are you building or buying?

I just built myself a new rig It is a Intel core i7 920 at 2.67 GHZ 12 gb or ram 1333mgz vista 64 bit OS 2 nvidea 9800 512 video cards and a 750watt power supply and a asus p6t mother board NZXT Tempest ATX Mid-Tower Case seta 1.5 tb hard drive acer 23 inch monitor logitech g11 keyboard

Edited by USAFFireFighter

i got intel Q9650 Core2Quad today and i allready have a nvidia gtx 285, hopefully can run arma 2 smooth on high settings.

Don't you think guys that buying hardware before release is unwise?

I'll buy the game first, then benchmark it, then check prices facing to performances and then I'll buy new hardware and save the money.

I'm often wondering how some of these people are asking if they can run the game seriously, like they don't know. If you have a a 8800gtx or a card equal or higher in power (power, not model number) and a multicore processor, I'm pretty certain you can run the game.

Seriously some of you come on asking if your I7 and GTX285 will run ArmA2, like you don't know. I'm seeing a bunch of people just posting in here just to flex nuts.

Edited by Steakslim

Don't you think guys that buying hardware before release is unwise?

I'll buy the game first, then benchmark it, then check prices facing to performances and then I'll buy new hardware and save the money.

Well, unless they really screw things up, any decent gaming computer should be able to run the game. While prices do tend to drop over time, the price drops are going to be minimal at best, as there is no new "killer" tech likely to be released soon to push down the prices of old stuff.

@Steakslim: Agreed.

Could someone tell me a good computer shop on NY/Boston? i'm going to travel on July there and i 'want to buy my computer, it's much more cheaper than Spain. Thx :)

hey there.

Here are my specs :

Q9650 non o/c

5gb pc5300

HD4850 512mb

sata 2 HDD

i can't even max out arma 1 (not talking about distance view), I just hope this one will be better optimised.

any guess for my rig?

Any guesses on what it will run best on: XP, Vista or Win7?

Someone said Win7 boosted ARMA1's performance quite a lot (i think it was placebo) so it will probably be the same in ARMA2 as they basically use the same engine.

Someone said Win7 boosted ARMA1's performance quite a lot (i think it was placebo) so it will probably be the same in ARMA2 as they basically use the same engine.

That's true, I can play with high settings and 1920 x 1200 on Windows7 with patch 1.16 beta. whilst with patch 1.14 it's not possible.

Check my x-fire profile, you will find there list of my hardware.

how the hell do you manage with your comp to play in high @ 1920.

I can barrely play in 1680 on high with my comp (with decent FPS during big battle I mean)

And I do have 7 too