Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Please bear with me if it reads somewhere, but I want to know if my PC can run A2. I don't care how slow it runs, but does the game work with a single-core CPU?

Just an update: Got the german version. A2 runs a hell of a lot better than Arma. Getting a constant 50-60 fps with pretty much everything on very high.

Running on an i7 920 (3.2 Ghz), 6Gb Ram, and a 4870 512Mb video card.

Trini , I dont know much bout computers..ran OFP for years on 1 5600ultra and 512 ram....I have a 920 with 4 gb ram and 1024mb GTS250 (9800GT Upgrade)- will I get similar fps to yours ? - even constant mid 30s would be fine....:D

Surely the grass and vegetation slows it all down ?, or is it well optimised..l

Just an update: Got the german version. A2 runs a hell of a lot better than Arma. Getting a constant 50-60 fps with pretty much everything on very high.

Thats good to here as that is exactly the same spec as I have (once I've put the new bits in the case..). What OS you on?.

Gotta ask, how do you think a:

Dualcore 2.7Ghz Processor (AMD Athlon x64 7750+)

4 Gigs of DDR2 800Mhz RAM

And a 9800 512Mb running at 1280 x 1024

Would handle the game? : D

What is your Fillrate Optimizer set to?

Please bear with me if it reads somewhere, but I want to know if my PC can run A2. I don't care how slow it runs, but does the game work with a single-core CPU?

If "running" is what your after yes Arma 2 will run with a single core PC but with unplayable framerates since it's optimized for dual core.Make yourself a favour,if you want to enjoy Arma 2.

-Scrap the 6600GT,that's what I've had and it's toast.An adequate ATI 4770 is 90$

-Add another 1 GB of RAM

-buy a dual core AMD on socket 939 that your motherboard supports.You could probably get away with spending as little as 70$ for a good card if your willing to buy sh.

Hi guys.

I am not really in to what different graphic cards do for your computer and so on, but I know the basics.

I wonder if ASUS RADEON HD4890 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI will work fine with arma 2?

Any suggestions for better graphic cards on the same pricelevel?

//Thanks inbefore hand!

Fellas, I've got a question for you. If anyone has the same or similar specs to what I post below, can you tell me how well ArmA II runs? I can currently run ArmA at full settings at 1440x900 with 2km view distance and am almost always locked at 75 FPS with vsync enabled (highest it will go as my monitor's refresh rate is 75Hz). Thanks.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz

Graphics card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 280

RAM: 2GB DDR2

If "running" is what your after yes Arma 2 will run with a single core PC but with unplayable framerates since it's optimized for dual core.Make yourself a favour,if you want to enjoy Arma 2.

-Scrap the 6600GT,that's what I've had and it's toast.An adequate ATI 4770 is 90$

-Add another 1 GB of RAM

-buy a dual core AMD on socket 939 that your motherboard supports.You could probably get away with spending as little as 70$ for a good card if your willing to buy sh.

I know, I know. The reason I asked was because I simply can't afford those upgrades but I have to make missions.

Hey, im after a laptop that will be able to run arma 2 to a decent level for the UK release, i have a spending limit of about £500, now, i have been out of the PC building game for quite a while, so i dont know whats good in terms of video cards and processors, and especially, i have no idea whats good in laptops, due to the onboard video cards and stuff. So, does anyone have any suggestions of the video cards and processors i should look for in a laptop, cheers

Winters

You can pretty much forget about finding a laptop that cheap that could run a game like ArmA. Are you sure you want a laptop, or is a desktop an option? You'd be better off with the latter tbh.

How good will the game run on the following rig?

Intel E2200 2.2GHz

Radeon X1800XT 512MB

2GB RAM

I'm sure I'd get heavy stuttering on High but how about Medium/Low?

I feel as if some of you think ArmA II is a total PC Terminator. I played ArmA with a crappy setup on Very High - High Settings at 1280 x 1024.

My Setup: 7900GS 256MB

2.8 GHZ Pentium 4 Processor

2GB RAM

Not sure what else there is that affects performance..it was on XP

It ran great except for LOD issues in places like Avgani but for the most part it was great.

I've got:

Q6600 Quad @ 2.4 GHz

3,5GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1950GT 512MB

The grapic card is quite rusty, I hope I'll be able to pull it at least on medium-high settings.. :(

Check my sig for setup.This game so far has ran great for me but aint done much testing drove around, ran around and flew around was getting between 28 and 60 fps in su25 with settings on high, postprocess on low 1440x900 32, 16:10 wide, fillrate 125 and distance set to 2033 for me it seems like a big improvement over arma far much smoother for me now my next upgrade will be the phenom 940 3ghz because it will slot straight into my mobo hope this helps.

I can't wait to order my new pc. It will probably be an AMD Phenom II Quad 3.0Ghz with Ati HD4870 1 GB and 2GB or 4GB of RAM. I hope I will be able to run ArmA II on high. Will that be enough for the game, what do you think?

Hey, im after a laptop that will be able to run arma 2 to a decent level for the UK release, i have a spending limit of about £500, now, i have been out of the PC building game for quite a while, so i dont know whats good in terms of video cards and processors, and especially, i have no idea whats good in laptops, due to the onboard video cards and stuff. So, does anyone have any suggestions of the video cards and processors i should look for in a laptop, cheers

Winters

I think your budget is somewhat problematic, at least for playing ArmA/ArmA2 on a notebook.

I own a DELL M6400 notebook. Its has 4Gb Ram, an Intel Core 2 duoT9600 CPU, 2x320Gb WD Scorpio HDs and a Nvidia 3700M quadro 1Gb video card. The 3700 is faster than the 9800M GTX a just a tad slower than a GTX 280M.

In 3dmark06 it scores around 10800pts, 11200pts with overclocked GPU.

It plays ARMA somewhat decently at 1280x800 high, avg. 25-50fps.

That's not hi-res, but enough for me. I bet i will be able to eventually play ARMA2.

If you are looking for powerful notebook the M6400 can be a good choice.

especially if you can get one from DELL outlet or eBay: got mine for less than 2000$.

Alternatively (with similar specs) you may consider buying a Lenovo W700 or a HP 8730w.

Eventually you may look for some custom CLEVO based note mounting a desktop quad CPU and SLI video cards ...

Edited by fabrizioT

I can't wait to order my new pc. It will probably be an AMD Phenom II Quad 3.0Ghz with Ati HD4870 1 GB and 2GB or 4GB of RAM. I hope I will be able to run ArmA II on high. Will that be enough for the game, what do you think?

Get 4 gig of ram if you can. Win 7 will soon become mainstream and you'll need 4Gig. It's cheap as hell too: $30-40 for 2x2Gb DDR2 800-1066. The rest is plenty. 2Gig is tight even for XP.

I've got:

Q6600 Quad @ 2.4 GHz

3,5GB RAM

ATI Radeon X1950GT 512MB

The grapic card is quite rusty, I hope I'll be able to pull it at least on medium-high settings.. :(

Start saving $100 for at least HD4770/GTX250 (For Med-High). Graphically A2 is a monster, the rest is fine

Edited by Skeptic

Anyone got german release with similar specs as this?

Intel Q6600 Quad Core 2.4Ghz

4GB RAM 800Mhz

8800GT 512mb

And run game on normalish settings atleast fine?

I use 1280 x 1024 res and everything in options normal. Then i get 20 fps on campaign. Could be 10 fps more to be ok. Now it's too sluggish. Hopefully patch will give that extra boost sometime.

In training missions without much AI units the fps was much better and i used high settings, but in campaign i had to lower all to normal. AI really kills the performance like in Arma. Roaming in the streets of the capital city Cherno...something is a slide show. I haven't yet installed the patch. Just get up from the bed.

Too bad i have to go to couple of days trip with my wife & kids so i won't be playing anymore this weekend.

Specs below.

Edited by Potatomasher

Okay then, since ArmA II now hates single core processors I am now in need of a small upgrade. For my computer and budget this is what I am looking at. Any thoughts?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116072

Not sure if that CPU is necessary (Can I get a cheaper one for same performance?)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150370

How is that? I'm not looking to destroy games I just want to have good performance and nice eyecandy.

Oh and will that hurt my 400 Watt power supply?

An answer by tomorrow would be nice since Sunday is the end of the month and I want to order probably tomorrow.