Sign in to follow this  
Misfit Leader

ArmA II release date discussion thread

just cancelled that order, and placed a new one and guess what i saw....

Estimated dispatch date for this item: 18 Jun 2009

so anyone ordering from amazon.co.uk, cancel your order, and re-order it as they dont take the money from your account until it is actually dispatched

Delivery estimate: 19 Jun 2009

Dispatch estimate for these items: 18 Jun 2009

1 "ArmA 2 (PC DVD)"

Video Game; £24.99

i chose next day before 1pm so i am sure to get it on the friday :D

Edited by BEEJ24
because amazon sucks

so anyone ordering from amazon.co.uk, cancel your order, and re-order it as they dont take the money from your account until it is actually dispatched

Thanks for the heads up, I was assuming they would bring my delivery date forward automatically, but I guess not.

It's just a pity I'm away all that weekend so it'll have to wait till Monday.

Yes it's the right decision. It wouldn't be the first time they would mess with the delivery dates.

Anyone know if this release will be English?

Also, has any digital download availability been confirmed for these areas? It's only just over a week away.

Edited by Gimpymoo

Threads merged. We have an already existing release date thread everyone can use.

It's not confirmed yet if the languages can be changed.

Digital downloads will probably available a couple of weeks after the street version.

UUhh morphicon release in 9 days!

UUhh morphicon release in 9 days!

Yes, but guys outside germany shouldn't buy from there until language options will be cleared.

Indeed, but at least we'll be getting some first impressions.

Wait wait wait....

So we can download from Morphicon in nine days, but it's going to be in German, but we might possibly be able to change the language setting?

Can somebody please confirm this....

Or at least confirm Morphicon is gonna have it for digital dl in NINE days?

Morphicon download should be in 8 days (29 may). For the language settings you should be able to change i think.

If anyone bought his ArmA copy at Morphicon download, he might say if he had the language option avaiable in the settings menu of the game.. but there is no reason that they won't have them :)

great...can somebody post a link to where it is? and can I dl from the US?

Wait wait wait....

So we can download from Morphicon in nine days, but it's going to be in German, but we might possibly be able to change the language setting?

Can somebody please confirm this....

Or at least confirm Morphicon is gonna have it for digital dl in NINE days?

How should anyone of us know that now?

No one except the Morphicon people know any details yet or if there are others you can bet they can't say anything. Same with the download version.

Wait and see what happens after the 29th.

Morphicon download should be in 8 days (29 may). For the language settings you should be able to change i think.

If anyone bought his ArmA copy at Morphicon download, he might say if he had the language option avaiable in the settings menu of the game.. but there is no reason that they won't have them :)

I found a preview of the 505 Press launch in London.

It says:

Some of you will be interested to know that the German release in May will not be as complete as the version due to be released by 505 Games on the 19th June. There will not be an option for English language in the first German version as found with the original German release of Arma 1. So my advice is hang on for just over two weeks and you will have the English version and be able to enjoy the full experience of Arma 2 as Bohemia Interactive intended.

So no english language in the first german release.

I am german, but i will wait until the international release because U.S. Forces talking in german is not too immersive for me.

A real pity that i have to wait so much longer. ;)

They won't talk in German.. the audio is fixed english/czech/russian only. The only thing that change is the subtitles that will appear in your native (or selected) language.

Of course the european languages should not be implemented when the game is release in germany, but they should be implemented when the game will be patched to the same version as the 505 games release.

Well, that is very fair dealing from BiS and the publishers.

They have given you (...or the Germans) two options - either buy "not so complete" game and be the first to have it or wait until the proper release.

It's fair that they said it clearly.

And about the full price for the early German release? You can update it later, so why should you pay less? And you will be able to put hands on this game earlier than the others. You have option and you know what it takes. Simplified> Have the exclusivity and be the first but with bugs and download the update to proper game later or hold out for non buggy release.

To be the betatester - and now this game is not a beta...let's say gammatester :D - is a privilege :]

So no english language in the first german release.

I am german, but i will wait until the international release because U.S. Forces talking in german is not too immersive for me.

A real pity that i have to wait so much longer. ;)

they'll probably patch arma2 german when the 505 version is out - so it has all the same features and version or else there'd be a stuffed up sitatuion of people not being able to connect and play multiplayer across europe - and MP is going to be a BIG selling point of Arma2.

edit - i'll buy the digital german version of arma2 just like i did arma 1 - i got mine from morphicon and it was a sorta easy thing to dl and install.

will Sprocket IDEA also be doing a digital download?

Will Morphicon have a UK or English language international version after the June release?

Anybody hear of any plans to release a German translation version?

will Sprocket IDEA also be doing a digital download?

Will Morphicon have a UK or English language international version after the June release?

Anybody hear of any plans to release a German translation version?

funny how people have cash to spend and looking for a way to spend it but the publishers aren't jumping to get our money. lol they obviously don't need the profits? :confused:

The Release Date is 19th of June for Every One.

@kt198: Source of that information? Everyone else says 8 days (or approx 650000 seconds) until the german release :D

At least then we can start asking questions about what is working and not.

German release won't be complete. Which is why I don't see why anyone would buy it unless it could get patched 19th of June (which could cause bugs anyway).

No, it will be complete. Just not as tested. There's nothing indicading that even versions will be anyhow different in that later release (but low chances to get bug-free 1.0 version). Someone has to be first, and If I were german I would be happy that's me.

I'm getting it even though I don't speak German. I can understand a tiny bit of it though, since I'm from Sweden. (: