Sign in to follow this  
Karkha28

M40A3 and combat Knife

you should add a combat knife and give the Marines the M40A3 to make the game more realistic

No.

Knife - No!!!

M40A3 - Big yes. I don't know why we have stupid M24? Some1 can tell me this? Marines are using M40!!! BIS!!! Remember that!!! ;)

Exactly... They know it and they not doing anything about it. It's just too... too weird for me.

We had that knife discussion already, atleast once.

Why they have taken the M24 while knowing about the M40... well I guess the M24 was ready to use while the M40 must be created from scratch which takes way more time. I complained about that already, we'll see if it will help something.

Before someone starts to insult the devs: think twice...

I would like a COD4 like knife action, that would be awesome.

You will find knives in FarmA 2, isn't that great Welcome to Hell.

It's not and like said the knife thing has been discussed here already. Use our shiny new forum search for it. Heck you can even just search this forum alone for the "knife" term. ;)

Maybe i lack of imagination but i can't find any use for a knife in Arma .. :j:

I'll never understand some choice from Bis on equipment, but hopefully ACE will be on Arma2, so the missing m40 isn't a big deal.

Edited by dunedain

Besides this has already been discussed, if there would be a knife I would prefer it as a separate weapon, like M9. It shouldnt take any slots, everyone should have one then. Not that I would use it more then that 0.1% or something of all the kills you make.

Not a crusial thing though. I wouldn't be desapointed at all if there is not a knife in A2. I couldnt care less for M40 either.

m21 over m40a3...weird. Hope wolle's word counts as a complain more than others :)

everyone who is asking a knife, has either not played ofp and/or arma before, or just wanna have a mock up...since i see no point of actually having a knife, except if in arma 2 you can cut open some food supplies..

Its about M24 over M40...

No one said there will be no US Army in the game (those were CM and their new BF...sorry, meant OFP:DR), so m24 is suppose to be there anyways. M21 can be seen in screen and videos featuring the USMC squad you will get to play with. So yeah, m21 over m40a3

Hi, some SEAL units that belong to the Navy use the M-24A3, that's the only logic

that i see on the presence of the M24 in the game (at least a reason that i could

talk about without get a warning level) and what the people call M21 it's what the

rest of the world, call: M14-A1 DMR. That im happy with it; but i should say that

i don't know what the M24 it's doing between the weapons list if we gonna play

with the USMC and maybe... with a SEALs team.

I could say the same about the XM-8, the AK-107, that "RPK-74", the M-9FSD

and some others, but seems that's a waste of time; so lets say that there's a SEALs

team somewhere and that "the M24 and the other weapons make sense". Let's C ya

Hi, some SEAL units that belong to the Navy use the M-24,

The SEALs don't use the M24 or any variant of it. It might look similar to an M24 because they're both Remington 700 actions, but thats where the similarities end. The bolt action the SEALs typically use is a Remington 700 action in a McMillian stock. NSWC Crane then makes some of its own adjustments. Its not even chambered for 7.62 like the M24. Its the bigger .300 Win Mag.

Just like you guys I'm not sure why they didn't include the M40. Even if it was because the M24 was ready to go like W0lle said, they could have just made the M40A1 which wouldn't require much work at all to be adapted from an M24.

Edited by JK07

Hmm, when there is no M40 in the stock ArmA, well, its not the biggest pitty,

I mean snipers already have got enough variations of other sniping rifles?