Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

ArmA II: The Vehicles

A Full list of Confirmed & Suspected Vehicles is located Here

Following on from my Factions and Weapons sections on these Forums, I've decided to include the recently released Vehicles too. I will update every time BIS release new information.

ArmA II: Vehicles

Vehicles in ArmA 2 come in unsurpassed numbers and variety: civilian cars and boats, military cars and trucks, wheeled and tracked armored personnel carriers, tanks or aircraft; all of them created with strict attention to detail. Every vehicle in the game can be controlled by both players and AI alike and provides features authentic to each vehicle.

-> Features:

-> A unique simulation of various types of vehicles.

-> Various in-vehicle roles: commander, driver, gunner, assistant gunner.

-> Accurate weaponry, including optics, tracer rounds and effects.

-> Speed differs according to type of surface.

-> Vehicles differ in many aspects according to their real-life specifications (e.g. speed, sturdiness, fuel capacity).

-> Dust effects when driving over certain surfaces, rotor downwash effects for helicopters and VTOL aircraft.

-> Destructible wheels and limited partial destruction.

-> Destroyed vehicles turn into wrecks, explode appropriately according to the amount of fuel and ammunition they contain.

-> Burning and secondary explosions of wrecks.

-> Some vehicles feature simple defensive countermeasures.

-> Virtual Heads-Up Display in several aircraft.

Vehicle Sections:

Tracked Military Vehicles:

Tracked vehicles are armed with powerful long-range cannons, machineguns and guided rockets. They provide tactical superiority in ground combat and are perfect for penetrating enemy defenses. ARMA 2 features main battle tanks and APCs from the Cold-War era through to the most recent, modern designs.

2S6M Tunguska:

The 2S6M Tunguska (NATO reporting name is SA-19 Grison) is an Russian self-propelled anti-aircraft tracked vehicle with a surface-to-air gun and missile system. It is designed to provide day and night protection for infantry and tank regiments against low-flying aircraft helicopters and cruise missile.

2S6M Tunguska Picture

M270 MLRS:

The M270 Multiple Launch Rocket System (M270 MLRS) is an unguided rocket artillery system. It is a very mobile unit well suited for the 'shoot-and-scoot' tactic. The system is capable of firing guided or unguided projectiles to distances of 42 km; or ballistic missiles to distances of 300 km.

M270 MLRS Picture

AAV P7A1:

The Amphibious Assault Vehicle (AAV) is a fully tracked amphibious landing vehicle used by the US Marine Corps. The AAVP-7A1 is the most common AAV version. It carries M2HB .50 caliber heavy machine gun, and an Mk19 40mm automatic grenade launcher.

AAV P7A1 Picture

BMP-2:

The BMP-2 is an infantry fighting vehicle. In contrast to the BMP-1, it has an enlarged two-man turret which mounts a 30-mm 2A42 automatic gun with a double-baffle muzzle brake, while it retains the 7.62-mm coaxial machine gun. On top of the turret is an AT-5 ATGM launcher to defeat armored vehicles.

* Variants: BMP-2 (HQ), BMP-2 (Ambulance)

BMP-2 Picture

BMP-3:

The BMP-3 is is an infantry fighting vehicle developed in Russia. It is one of the most heavily armed combat vehicles worldwide. It features 2A70 100 mm rifled gun, 2A72 dual feed autocannon, 7.62 mm machine gun, and two 7.62 mm bow machine guns. The BMP-3 is capable of engaging targets out to 5-6 km, however there is minimum engagement range of about 300 m.

BMP-3 Picture

M1A2 TUSK:

The M1A1, famous for its role in the Gulf Wars, is the United States’ primary Main Battle Tank. The M1A1 features an M256 smoothbore cannon capable of firing an armor-piercing fin-stabilized discarding sabot (APFSDS) round with a depleted uranium penetrator.

This one is upgraded with TUSK (Tank Urban Survival Kit) allowing for greater survivability in urban terrain.

* Variants: M1A1

M1A2 TUSK Picture

T-72:

The T-72, introduced in the early 1970s, is not an evolution of the T-64 but rather a parallel development that proved simpler to produce and maintain. While the T-64 was supplied only to forward-deployed Soviet units the T-72 was deployed within the USSR and exported to non-Soviet Warsaw Pact armies and numerous other countries.

T-72 Picture

T-90:

The GPO Uralvagonzavod T-90 is a Russian main battle tank derived from the T-72 and is the most modern tank in the Russian Ground Forces. The T-90's main armament is the 2A46M 125 mm smoothbore anti-tank gun. It also carries the PKT - 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun and the Kord - 12.7 mm anti-aircraft machine gun.

T-90 Picture

ZSU-23 Shilka:

The ZSU-23-4 Shilka is a combination of a proven radar system, the chassis of the PT-76 light tank, and four 23 mm cannons. The result of this amalgamation is a vehicle displaying the key assets of mobility, firepower and accuracy. The ZSU-23-4 outclassed all NATO anti-aircraft guns at the time of its introduction and it is still regarded as a major threat to low-flying aircraft. The Shilka was widely used throughout the Warsaw Pact and other pro-Soviet states.

ZSU-23 Shilka Picture

ArmA II: Tracked Military Vehicles

The rest of the Sections can be found here:

-> Wheeled Military Vehicles - Here

-> Rotary Wing Aircraft - Here.

-> Fixed Wing Aircraft - Here

-> Civilian Vehicles & Ships and Boats- Here

Edited by Big-Rooney

o Destructible wheels and limited partial destruction.

o Destroyed vehicles turn into wrecks, explode appropriately according to the amount of fuel and ammunition they contain.

o Burning and secondary explosions of wrecks.

Yay yay yay yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

BIS really does spoil us, but then maybe not. ArmA 2 is at such a level of completeness that I wonder what other games I've seen at this point, without also seeing a release date (hint hint).

Otherwise, I'm very content to sit back and read all I can about the rest of the vehicles, and whatever other info they provide before launch! yay.gifyay.gif

Wheres the <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>M113?</span> Vulcan Variant as well (not to mention maybe a Ambo or the SA4 variant).

I love those old pieces of crap.  sad_o.gif

Loving the new BMP-3 too.

"More to come"

Is that for tracked or just Vehicles in General.  thumbs-up.gif

NOTE: More content is better, even if you port some of them from ArmA, just get lots of content. Means the community can focus more on enhancing content; rather then making it from scratch; and makes generic missions more expansive anyway.

I don't think the USMC uses the M113 anymore. And the Vulcan is long since obsolete. I don't know why they put one in the original ArmA...

The Americans have the Avenger anti air system, as seen in some screen shots, so they will not be without anti air vehicles. I think that they probably will not release with any m113 variants. Maybe if they find it vital for balance in a warfare match they will release some extra stuff in a patch like they did for OFP and ArmA.

Wheres the <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>M113?</span> Vulcan Variant as well (not to mention maybe a Ambo or the SA4 variant).

On the scrap heap. biggrin_o.gif

Like ch_123 I was surprised there were even any M113s in ArmA1 besides the RACS ones.

They don't show ALL of the available... wink_o.gif

I think they do actually. Just not all variants of them. Might be wrong though. We will see soon.

smile_o.gif

What i'm afraid of is no bradley! WHERES THE BRADLEY!huh.gif

The Bradley stayed at home together with the Army.

On side note where is the T-55s, T-62s, MT-LBs and self propelled howitzers, Chernarus is a post-soviet country, there should be some left over equipment from the Soviet days

Maybe even a T-80 for surprise? confused_o.gif

Maybe because it's a small country they decided to standardize on one type of tank. But yeah, would have liked to have seen an MT-LB...

The Bradley stayed at home together with the Army.

Yup , the USMC has the LAV .

Not sure why they would tell us there is MLRS then take it out...that's not right of BI, is it?  huh.gif

Actually Rick, that picture is of an Avenger AA system... not a MLRS. Theres quite a big diffrence between the two.

Actually Rick, that picture is of an Avenger AA system... not a MLRS. Theres quite a big diffrence between the two.

Ahh, didn't know.  Not a military freak and don't know all the vehicles so bow down to you since you must notworthy.gif  OK so forget that last pic, not sure why BIS would tell us there is an MLRS then take it out....

Ahh, didn't know.  Not a military freak and don't know all the vehicles so bow down to you since you must notworthy.gif   OK so forget that last pic, not sure why BIS would tell us there is an MLRS then take it out....

lol not really much of a military freak myself... just happen to know what the Avenger is smile_o.gif. But its a good question still why the MLRS isn't shown in the vehicle page, unless its one of the things they are keeping hidden till the game comes out.

Quote[/b] ]Marines in field rely on many advanced weapon platforms: Predator unmanned aerial vehicles, MLRS rocket artillery and many more.

http://www.arma2.com/united-states-marine-corps-2_en.html

it could be some kind of scripted off map artillery option, if this was the case i would really be disappointed. however it's unlikely BI would do something like this to us. Someone in marketing probably grouped the MLRS with the wheeled Russian rocket artillery on account of them being pretty much the same thing.

i think lately the general consensus in the game design community is that players want to be on the front lines experiencing all the action, hopefully BI hasn't overlooked the joy in watching your comrades from afar and lobbing shells huge distances to aid them.

i love arty

They could've just forgot to add it on the first pass, just like Kord and Mk-19 in the Mounted Weapons section.

Quote[/b] ]"More to come"

Is that for tracked or just Vehicles in General.

I could be any of those, BIS added extras to the Mounted Weapons Section - The Kord & MK-19. But its also for the adding of the new sections.

Quote[/b] ]They don't show ALL of the available...

Yeah its' possible that they are hiding some sweet vehicles.

Quote[/b] ]What i'm afraid of is no bradley! WHERES THE BRADLEY!

Yeah as stated the Bradley is an Army System, the USMC use the AAV and the LAV-25.

Quote[/b] ]I thought we were getting an MLRS, i believe it would fit in the 'tracked vehicles' section.

They might use the HIMARS wheeled MLRS.

Quote[/b] ]They could've just forgot to add it on the first pass, just like Kord and Mk-19 in the Mounted Weapons section.

Another valid point,

I'm curious to know what the U.S. command vehicle is going to be. The only thing I can really think of is a variant of the LAV.