Sign in to follow this  
wipman

Combat Arms

At first i was blown away, until i found out that the teaser trailer was not INgame footage sad_o.gif it looks really arcadish to me, but hey, i suppose if you are into those sort of things...

It looks very much like Counter Strike with a slightly wider scope.

my thoughts exactly, CS with Quake3 and UT.

Hi, yeah, after have seen the in game video, the only thing that i

can say; is that seems that sucks alot. But hey..! even in a shit of

arcade like that (that we should remind that's a free game) they've

been smart and gentle enough as for add playable female characters.

Thing that we haven't seen and we don't gonna see in our beloved

games from our "beloved" developer company; BIS. Let's C ya

I used to play a lot of CS (I guess before Source came out), and I used to really enjoy it. It was a great bridge to more realistic games. Maybe people will migrate through that game to ArmA 2 or OFP 2 and expand the sim game community.

I used to play a lot of CS (I guess before Source came out), and I used to really enjoy it. It was a great bridge to more realistic games. Maybe people will migrate through that game to ArmA 2 or OFP 2 and expand the sim game community.

I remember, taking a break from DF1 wars, i followed some of my squadmates from that time to a CS server (it was at beta 4.something ).

The experience was just plain great, people playing tactically, watching over each other back etc.. the game was superb with incredible potential.

I came back one week without my squadmates on some random servers , and i just hated it utterly , people running and jumping everywhere without covering each other, abusing any kind of map exploit possible, when it was not just plain obvious cheating (at this time it was basically without any cheating "protection").

Basically, CS like -every- other games is as good and great as the people you are playing with or against.

Personally, im tired of all these UT, Quake and CS clones, lets see some realism, slow paced tactical shooter (Thats not AA)

The trouble with the AA community, is that they are too highly developed, meaning every map you play the people who you are playing with are highly experiences and therefore know every trick in the book.

Whereas, if you start playing a new game like OFP when it came out, you can move with the community and therefore have a more enjoyable online experience

I completely agree with CS clone style,

Quote[/b] ]I came back one week without my squadmates on some random servers , and i just hated it utterly , people running and jumping everywhere without covering each other, abusing any kind of map exploit possible, when it was not just plain obvious cheating (at this time it was basically without any cheating "protection").

Exactly my thoughts and same on COD1+2 where jumping like Kangaroos meant you needed the dexterity of an octopus on speed to hit targets.  Killed it after 1 hour of play, never went back.

Headshot, Head kill,, lol actually that could be annoying as its my head wink_o.gif

Personally, im tired of all these UT, Quake and CS clones, lets see some realism, slow paced tactical shooter (Thats not AA)

The trouble with the AA community, is that they are too highly developed, meaning every map you play the people who you are playing with are highly experiences and therefore know every trick in the book.

Whereas, if you start playing a new game like OFP when it came out, you can move with the community and therefore have a more enjoyable online experience

I'll say.

It takes me a night of serial dying to learn one side of an AA map.

I find the co-op stuff more enjoyable.

Personally, im tired of all these UT, Quake and CS clones, lets see some realism, slow paced tactical shooter...

Exactly what i think too, but on a more general level. Imo 99% of all games today are far too simple.

Even Rockstar planned to reuse an arcadish steering for their vehicles in GTA4 when they finally found out ppl enjoyed a more realistic and difficult approach.

Me and my brother use GTA4 as a NFS-clone now because the racing experience is really rewarding after you get the hang of all the high speed sliding. smile_o.gif