Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

Do you have both, SpeedFreak and FPS Freak? Perhaps I try them out too - why not, better aiming and smoother steering is always a good thing  wink_o.gif

Grim

Yep, i bought the COMBO pack --> link

$17 + 13$ shipping to Netherland = 30$ ... just do it (it is not cheating, really:)

Ok, should be the same shipping cost to Germany then I suppose.

Cheating? Who said something about cheating? wink_o.gif

Grim

Good to see the 360 love coming. The faction movies are about done, so I hope that means more info coming soon, like release dates.

They better do since CM is going to publish a demo. If people consider the demo ok they will buy the full game and perhaps see no need for another game from the same corner.

Grim

Yep, i bought the COMBO pack

And what is your experience with it? Is it really that much better?

If Arma2 is going to be released on the 360 i think the Faction Videos should be released on the Xbox Live Marketplace ASAP.

Yep, i bought the COMBO pack

And what is your experience with it? Is it really that much better?

Yep, you have (much) more control. If you are serious about FPS (like COD, Vegas, BF, played all three + RacePro) do yourself a favor and buy these things. For $17 it is a no-brainer.

For me, after 3 days i allready forget these freeks are snaped on. They feel very natural.

BOHEMIA it's time for you guys to act and let the console community know if the game will be out for XBOX360/PS3.

Codemasters is starting to make a push with new information on all systems. You guys have the PC market and most of the old community but most console players are going with codemasters because of the lack of information about the consoles. I am now a console player and most of the people on XBOX live that we talk to about the games are going with OFPDR not because the game looks/feels better because they know it will be out for them to play.

Give us a bone here to help you let people know about this game in the console world.

AVIBIRD 1

When playing the game, Keep Chuck Norris home!

If they make the game, They will play!

The truth is out there, If you look!

I wonder if it could be that they don't have a publisher for the console version yet? it might be getting developed, but no pub has picked it up. Does 505 do console games?

BOHEMIA it's time for you guys to act and let the console community know if the game will be out for XBOX360/PS3.

Codemasters is starting to make a push with new information on all systems. You guys have the PC market and most of the old community but most console players are going with codemasters because of the lack of information about the consoles. I am now a console player and most of the people on XBOX live that we talk to about the games are going with OFPDR not because the game looks/feels better because they know it will be out for them to play.

Give us a bone here to help you let people know about this game in the console world.

I agree me and my friends on XBOX live are leaning towards OFPDR.

This game is turning to be much more of a hassle than its worth. They havent said there will be a console version, and they refuse to discuss it...

At this point...OFDR is going to blow this game out of the water, not because its better..but because its giving its community what it wants, info and a console version. Go ahead and just release it for pc's....Im sure it will do well goodnight.gif

This game is turning to be much more of a hassle than its worth. They havent said there will be a console version, and they refuse to discuss it...

At this point...OFDR is going to blow this game out of the water, not because its better..but because its giving its community what it wants, info and a console version. Go ahead and just release it for pc's....Im sure it will do well goodnight.gif

lol, nice way to make them feel sad about you (speaking of 'good night' and 'leaning to OFDR'wink_o.gif

xmas_o.gif

I think you missed this piece of information.

Quote[/b] ]To provide some more "insider info" about console development. The obligatory rule with titles published on consoles is that until you can announce exact details about the title, including a publisher, you cannot publicly confirm anything about the console title, not even the fact you are developing the title on the console.

Hence we cannot confirm anything and the status of the console versions stays TBD.

<a href="http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=56;t=77781;st=15" target="_blank">

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....RL]

Christ, what have I done...

I suggest everybody going crazy about that little sentence does a little research on the word cannot:

1. can not ( = am/is/are unable to); contracted into can't (see the usage notes)

I cannot open the window. It is stuck.

2. am/are/is forbidden, not permitted to

You cannot enter the hall without a ticket.

Seriously, the thought that it could be the first case never crossed anyone's mind?

Kinda what I said the other day. Glad to have someone at least say that much.

I am looking forward to Arma2 way more than OFP:DR, but I might get them both.

I wouldn't walk away from this since there is actually way more info coming out about Arma2 than OFPDR as far as ingame video, just no console confirmation.

Just making a note of the two extra buttons(right and left bumper) on the xbox 360 joypad / i was hoping that they can be asign to any command , like everybody stay low / hit the deck etc as it takes me at least 30 seconds to use this command to save the unit troops etc ( plus also hold fire open fire etc) ,

This is a command i think is most important as in the heat of battle to save myself and troops is very hard using the dpad to choose from the menu the correct command needed as well as trying to save myself while also being asked by any other players playing what is going on and what they should also do ,

to use these two extra buttons which are then allowed to be asign to any command would also allow for maybe even more commands to be use within a xbox 360 version ( a quick command button which can be changed at anytime in the game from the menu) two extra commands at the touch of a button sounds really good to me.....

How to use this command , hold down both bumper buttons which will bring up the same command menu that the dpad will give you,

choose the command you want to assign to that bumper with the dpad then press one bumper to select the command and the command is saved to the bumper you have chosen,

this command can be changed at any time by just holding down both bumpers for a few seconds and starting the process over again .......

I hope cycle on the xbox 360 doesn't mean the troops that are on that waypoint are more interested in cycle than attacking ,

i put some troops and a bmp on cycle ( xbox version) giving them a patrol route they saw me take a few shots and went back to cycle , i mean did they really want a law rocket being shot at them without putting up a fight or were they just following orders,

maybe i edited it all wrong , lol cycle it could of been a spelling mistake .....

:yay:[/s][/s]ALL WE NEEDED WAS A LITTEL HINT!

Hello about 4 to 5 weeks ago I was upset with BOHEMIA for not giving any word or a small hint that they are still planning to making a console game, infact some hints on this forum was the oppsite. I and many old xbox players have been waiting for this game for almost 4 years and was trying to build a sold community on xbox live but with the lack any information this was very hard and frustrating to us to get people to what to learn about this game when OFPDR was confirmed.

Some of the PC boys took my statements to heart but what if BI stated no MOD's will be allowed on ARMA2 or the key board functions need to be limited because of the console game. How would this make you feel taking away the two most important things to you guys. Yes I played OFP1 for the pc for many years and yes ARMA1 before all the updates and ACE MOD's so I know the pro of PC games over console games however in my current life console games fit in better for me.

Please no fighting that PC are better then consoles. That fact is that we have many console players that want this game for the gameplay it can give, not all of us are run & gun little boys.

After my statement that I was done here some new information about why BOHEMIA can't confirm a console game with a publisher for the game. I still can't undertsand why. Last week a small hint from IVAN B during a interview was released indicating a XBOX 360 game was in the works. I am sorry for all the PS3 guys I feel your pain.

This is all the old XBOX community needed to give us hope. If the PC gets released first we don't care we know we will get the game soon and have more time to spread the word about ARMA2.

PS. I hope codemasters makes a good game, it will not be this game and will play a little different but this is a good thing for all of who can't play COD/BF/GRAW games for more then 15 minutes before we get sick of the game experience.

MR. IVAN B thank you for the little hint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AVIBIRD 1

I hope cycle on the xbox 360 doesn't mean the troops that are on that waypoint are more interested in cycle than attacking ,

i put some troops and a bmp on cycle ( xbox version) giving them a patrol route they saw me take a few shots and went back to cycle , i mean did they really want a law rocket being shot at them without putting up a fight or were they just following orders,

maybe i edited it all wrong , lol cycle it could of been a spelling mistake .....

What you have to do, is put a switch trigger on the cycle waypoint. Fill in the relevant trigger info panels, and when the condition is met, the enemy on the cycle waypoint will do exactly what you tell them to do.

Sorry for going offtopic.

Well we all know that the PC version will be the best because of all the mods etc... but a ps3 version is likely, i dont know how the xbox can handle such a huge game lol.

Hey the mission and waypoints were a little different with the xbox game. We hand no trigger and the cycle waypoint just hook all the waypoints into a big loop. So what ever you setup for the behavior the AI will do following the next waypoint in the loop. You could make things happen with a little more work lol.

AVIBIRD 1