Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

could someone correct me if i am wrong, But i read somewhere that the reason why UT3 for Xbox 360 didn't have mod support because its against MS's Policy for Custom content on the Xbox 360.

This might be a concern for people looking to port addons onto the Xbox 360.

could someone correct me if i am wrong, But i read somewhere that the reason why UT3 for Xbox 360 didn't have mod support because its against MS's Policy for Custom content on the Xbox 360.

This might be a concern for people looking to port addons onto the Xbox 360.

Sometimes 'less is more'

I could live without MODS on 360, but i sure want the MISSION EDITOR as powerful as possible

A console should be hassle free. MODS are, in general, not hassle free. But otoh, a popular/quality pc mod could find its way on 360 thru DLC (if modmaker, BIS and MS cooperate)

i think i would be more than happy without mods if BIS keep supporting the 360 version with some official patches and DLC.

think about it, they could even make exra campaigns or something (maybe even a look into ww2 era chernarus wink_o.gif )

obviously the only real problem is the fact that the normal size hard drive is a bit small for the HUGE amounts of stuff BIS put in their updates lol.

Yeah i can live without mods to, bud i would love to have some DLC, like i mentioned in myn topic about European forces

I would love to see that in DLC, so yes i hope it will be supported

For something like Arma2 that should have so much space to use, it would be a shame not to have DLC. You have the world, so there is plenty of ways to use it.

Even sharing user created missions from the editor would be nice.

(in the pics thread) Walker has noticed that some pics have been put under ARMA 2 360 on gamespot yay.gif

(in the pics thread) Walker has noticed that some pics have been put under ARMA 2  360 on gamespot  yay.gif

Im sorry but that doesn't mean squat.

1. They are old (GC08)

2. They are from the PC version

I certainly hope ^^ THAT ^^ is a given.

fact:

1. In ELITE you only could play, but NOT share, the user missions of the host (not counting the ActionReplay thingy)

2. In FarCry2 on consoles you CAN share and/or download user maps

So, combining 1 and 2 would mean in ArmA2 on Consoles you can create your MISSION (a la Elite) and SHARE it (a la FC2) ... that would be awesome:) ... All parts are proven concept and inline with MS XBL policy so there is really no excuse not to do it.

fact:

1. In ELITE you only could play, but NOT share, the user missions of the host (not counting the ActionReplay thingy)

So, combining 1 and 2 would mean in ArmA2 on Consoles you can create your MISSION (a la Elite) and SHARE it (a la FC2) ... that would be awesome:) ... All parts are proven concept and inline with MS XBL policy so there is really no excuse not to do it.

I'm new to OFP/ArmA so I need to clarify, does that mean that I would be able to download someone else's created mission and play through it co-operatively with a friend, i.e. like a campaign mission in the story mode?

If so, then that would be akin to having endless releases of DLC to keep extending the campaign. That sounds too good to be true!

fact:

I'm new to OFP/ArmA so I need to clarify, does that mean that I would be able to download someone else's created mission and play through it co-operatively with a friend, i.e. like a campaign mission in the story mode?

If so, then that would be akin to having endless releases of DLC to keep extending the campaign. That sounds too good to be true!

Yep it would work like that

hey welcome to the community and why did you wait so long lol. If you still have an old xbox I still play almost every day with a good group of friends. You can pick up the game for 10$ and get an old box for 40$. OFP1 is still the best game on any consoles hands down.

This is the deal The old system for the box was not like farcry. If I made a mission or a group of missions (small campaige) you could only play it with me however if a put the mision on a system called action replay on the PC you could download the mission to your box. No DLC in terms of MOD's were allowed to be downloaded to the box due to MS (this sucks but that is life).

The PC was a whole new world DLC from the community. DLC was made all the time from new units,game modes and islands whatevery the person could make up only time would limited the MOD's for the PC and a good understanding how to make them work and run right.

Not to sound like a jackass but I make the best missions hands down for the box community and I would not put anyone of my missions on action replay because then people could reedit your missions and F them up by adding units to make the mission unbalanced and to easy to complete but that is just my view but a lot of people did make there missions DLC for the box.

If you play on the PC then go download OFP1/ARMA1 or get the elite for the box. The games are a lot different then most FPS and you may not like them it's a slower pace gameplay and you get killed fast and a lot. hope this helps you. My gamertag is AVIBIRD 1 on the boxes (old and the 360).

I stoped playing PC games in 2005 when OFP come to the box but if ARMA2 does not come out for the 360 well I am getting a new PC just to play this game that's how good this game is (hopefully) only time will tell.

welcome.gif

fact:

Yep it would work like that

And it really SSSShould work like that:) C'mon BIS make us 360 gamers happy;)

*sigh * Oh, the countless hours i had fun with the Elite editor, i was playtesting all night long ... http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=51930

Quote[/b] ]Last night i had again a totally awesome gaming experience with OFPE (own SP mission).

After destroying a shilka i had to exfiltrate back to my base by taking a ride with a Blackhawk on a cycled 'busroute'. But the sun was already low, and soon it would be dark. I had no NV, so i start to worry if i would find my way to the Blackhawk meeting point. First on foot running to an area where i had left an captured UAZ ... but i couldn't remember exactly where that was. Hell, where is that UAZ??? Anyway, i decided to go for the backup resistance UAZ which was placed 2 kms down the road. Running again, keeping an eye on the lowering sun.

Man, that was the awesome experience, to worry about the darkness. It was sooo convincing. Anyway, i found the UAZ but now i had to travel for some kms on dirtroads to the Blackhawk meetingpoint. I had to switch on the lights of the UAZ to just see the road. On the shaded side of the mountains, it was already dark. In the lights of my UAZ white flowers lit up, and the occasional insect would pass by. Great gfx effect, just like the real thing.

It was not easy to find the meeting point, 2 times i took a wrong turn on the dirtroads ... it was sooo cool to end up on a dead end and realize i took a wrong turn somewhere, get out of the car, look around and then with use of the map locate where i was.

In the end i found the meeting point ... The blackhawk was there, crashed! 1 dead pilot ... but it still could fly (so probably it crashed while landing). I took the chopper, flew back to the base, took a Cobra and finished the job ... Hell, those TOWS and FFEARS are awesome in the darkness.

Soooo, any OFPE junkie knows what i'm talking about, but it was AWESOME, this 1 hour of getting back to the base ... just like the real thing. These very little details like insects caputered in the lights of your car ... well for me that IS the OFPE experience not to be found in any other game.

smile_o.gif

Cheers for the responses and wow, that sounds pretty amazing. The replay value of a game like this (assuming the gameplay mechanics are good) will be limitless.....no wonder so many hardcore ArmA/Flashpoint people are still playing.

I'm an Xbox 360 gamer so I really hope that; a) this game is released on the Xbox 360 and (b) BIS allow this mission editor functionality to the console.

I''m going to download a demo onto my PC now to get a flavour of the gameplay but I'll only buy ArmA 2 if it's released on the Xbox 360. I realise PCs are more powerful but I'm not a fan of them for games (just my video game upbringing - I need a pad not a mouse).

If this mission editor is implemented then I'll make a point of finding your Xbox 360 gamertags so that I can download your created missions....and if there's any truth to Avibird's words, I'm sure they'll be a work of art  smile_o.gif

Cheers for the responses and wow, that sounds pretty amazing. The replay value of a game like this (assuming the gameplay mechanics are good) will be limitless.....no wonder so many hardcore ArmA/Flashpoint people are still playing.

I'm an Xbox 360 gamer so I really hope that; a) this game is released on the Xbox 360 and (b) BIS allow this mission editor functionality to the console.

I''m going to download a demo onto my PC now to get a flavour of the gameplay but I'll only buy ArmA 2 if it's released on the Xbox 360. I realise PCs are more powerful but I'm not a fan of them for games (just my video game upbringing - I need a pad not a mouse).

If this mission editor is implemented then I'll make a point of finding your Xbox 360 gamertags so that I can download your created missions....and if there's any truth to Avibird's words, I'm sure they'll be a work of art  smile_o.gif

I hope you like the demo inlove.gif

I realise PCs are more powerful but I'm not a fan of them for games (just my video game upbringing - I need a pad not a mouse).

You do yourself a grave injustice!

Dont. The demo is way old, and after all the patches that has been since it, the demo is in no way representable for the current game.

I realise PCs are more powerful but I'm not a fan of them for games (just my video game upbringing - I need a pad not a mouse).

You do yourself a grave injustice!

Ha ha, you're probably right although I've tried PC gaming before and I prefer the convenience of the 360, along with the pad (just the way I was reared). In addition, I like CO-OP gaming and the 360 has a system link option which means you can play the game (each person with their own TV) next to your mate(s) which is a good laugh.

ArmA2 sounds like a CO-OP player's dream. Not linear or scripted, all about tactics and a deep engrossing experience. I know quite a few CO-OP only gamers (360) and they're all looking forward to this and OFP2. In saying that, nothing's been officially confirmed so I'll just have to wait and see.

I am also very new to this series and I pray they bring this game to the xbox, something different than cod(though its the only decent thing out on the 360)

So heres to a 360 port!!! cheers

I will give up my left ball for this game on the 360 lol.

Avibird 1

When playing this game keep Chuck Norris home!

If they make this game, They will play!

The truth is out there, If you look!

About the ol' mouse vs controller ... i just received FPSFreek (and Speedfreek) Had read about it on RacePro forum.

I felt the need to thank those guys within the hour:)

Aha, that's why I saw you today playing CoD4! I first thought about joining your session but then got a phone call. These little 'things' you are now using come close to cheating my friend ;-)

But let's wait 7 years then I am at your age so I might need them, too :P

Grim

Aha, that's why I saw you today playing CoD4! I first thought about joining your session but then got a phone call. These little 'things' you are now using come close to cheating my friend ;-)

But let's wait 7 years then I am at your age so I might need them, too :P

Grim

Lol, it was fun to be in the top 3 for once. As for cheating ... good question.

But MS could build a next controller with the same idea. In fact i read somewhere they actually were working on a controller with more precision in aiming.

Anyway, i'm truely amazed that these things actually work:)

Do you have both, SpeedFreak and FPS Freak? Perhaps I try them out too - why not, better aiming and smoother steering is always a good thing wink_o.gif

Grim