Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

I remember the first time I played ArmA (it was the first BIS product for me) and it felt clunky. Something like too mechanical and unresponsive. I got used to it and realized what a great potential it has. The most of ordinary gamers are not interested in potential or realism. (Just see what titles top the charts).

I do not like games like CoD or BF. Too much shooting and mindless running around. They are visually excellent, but the content is pretty much teen stuff. They are like paint ball arenas with "real guns".

I agree.  Just watching videos of Arma on you tube really makes me excited for this.  It brings back the memories of OFP.

But, if this doesn't come out on console, then I won't be playing it for a very long time.  I don't plan on getting a new PC and I don't have one that can even run ARMA1.

Run and gun 1st person doesn't interest me and gets boring quickly. I like the realism of OFP and ARMA.

I hope they know there is a market for this on the consoles.

I agree.  Just watching videos of Arma on you tube really makes me excited for this.  It brings back the memories of OFP.

But, if this doesn't come out on console, then I won't be playing it for a very long time.  I don't plan on getting a new PC and I don't have one that can even run ARMA1.

Run and gun 1st person doesn't interest me and gets boring quickly.  I like the realism of OFP and ARMA.

I hope they know there is a market for this on the consoles.

Exactly like me, if i play a game like COD or halo its fun for 1 hour but then im bored , but OPF and ARMA can be played whole day long for me

COD4:MW is a true quality title. You simply can't deny that. On top of that it doesn't pretend to be a 'realistic simulator'

Now ArmA2 want ot be a 'realistic simulator' ... allright but don't forget it should be a true quality title as well. So what does that mean?

- No bugs

- Fluid gameplay/controls

- Up-to-date gfx

- Great online

- Great story/campaign

And you can fill above points with an Arcade shooter a la COD or a realitic shooter a la ArmA2 ... if a title neglects above points ... well, the masses surely will skip it, but are those boxes checked, well cash-in:)

I want ArmA2, i want it badly, but i want it on 360 AND with those 5 points taken care off.

Quote[/b] ]if i play a game like COD or halo its fun for 1 hour but then im bored

Halo has some problems with its ranking system and the map rotation and I don't like the always jumping halo boys, but I played COD4:MW for a full year almost every day. It was a perfect game experience with an addictive ranking/PERK system and an awesome shooter. Boring? No, not the least...

Grim

You're right. It is good for the type of game it is. Graphics are great and control is tight.

But for me, just running down a set path, having the same exact experience as everyone else and fighting waves of endless enemies unless I charge in without caring about getting shot kind of takes away the excitement that you get from something like OFP/Arma.

And the bunny hopping online play just gets old. Not a fan of trying to sneak around and having people just sprinting around the map and getting behind you because they don't care about losing a life if they can run up on you before you turn around. Or the old, circle each other spraying until one of you drops.

Hello boys and girls I think I have some really good news for the players who wants this game for the XBOX 360 sorry PS3 guys and yes PC only boys we know how you feel this is not for you so go away lol.

I was looking around some of the ARMA 1 sites just reading and posts and I find this on armaholic.com

Summary of the Ivan Buchta interview....

- Most of time we will play as the USA soldiers, Arma 2 is going to include battles playable for both sides or for russians or guerillas. Every side is somehow special and has it's own history

- In the displayed misson Russians are going to defeat terrorists hidden in the village

- Helicopter shotdown wasn't scripted

- Buildings are destructible, but destruction system is still WIP

- AIs communicate with each other, reports positions of enemies, etc.

- Civilians will hide in houses if they're in danger

- Covering fire system is implemented

- Enemies can be scared or demoralized

- Killing of innocents will be punished, but player can still can finish the game

- Missions have multiple ways to finish

- One Arma 2 missions is as big as 5-10 Flashpoints missions, the last mission can take from 2 to 5 hours to accomplish

- Each vehicle has multiple versions, Arma 2 is going to include 50 - 80 vehicles

- Missions will have high replayable value

- Tnemies can surrender or retreat

- Now they're implementing a possibility to talk with captives

- Xbox 360 version will have less detailed textures and editor, x360 versions textures are on the quality of PC normal settings

- Mission templates are going to be much more improved

This post was edited by Foxhound (2008-08-27 15:49 GMT, 167 days ago)

LOOK WHAT MR Ivan Buchta SAYS about the XBOX 360. It looks like there will be a XBOX version. Some people on this post stated maybe there will be no XBOX 360 game.

Your wrong this make me feel a lot better however how long do we have to wait and anything can haapen if ARMA2 is not a hit. The real question we have to ask is the XBOX version being worked on right now or will it start once the PC version is out. Just some food to chew on for now.

AVIBIRD 1

When playing this game Keep Chuck norris home!

If they make the game, They will play!

The truth is out there, If you look! band.gifyay.gifinlove.gif

That's just a summary, not what he actually said word to word. Are you sure he didn't say "console version" instead of "xbox 360 version"? I can see how someone could mix that up.

Anyhow, that was more than 167 days ago. For the most recent and accurate information, visit http://www.arma2.com/

Hey Pulverizer when I first listened to the interview it was so hard because his english was really hard to hear and understand.

You can go back and listen for 5 hrs LOL. I do remember him saying the pc first to be relased and then the xbox. He did say the XBOX was not develop yet but in some of the game footage around there was a xbox screen on one of the PC windows this I am almost sure of I do remember that.

So when I find this post it made me smile a bit. I know you prefer the PC but I prefer the BOX now it's all good. DON'T WANT TO GET INTO A FIGHT OVER THE PC VS BOX THING we all can get all.

The elite was just a straight port and played the same way it had some less edit stuff but the gameplay was the same. I don't care much about MOD's. MOD's can open whole new can of worms for cheating online play. The elite controls were fine for me to order troops around the game pace was slow that you don't need a 1000 keys a once. This is just my view I played the pc for 2 years and the rest elite.

I like hand controls over the keys any day. welcome.gif

AVIBIRD 1

The truth is out there, If you look!

Quote[/b] ]if i play a game like COD or halo its fun for 1 hour but then im bored

Halo has some problems with its ranking system and the map rotation and I don't like the always jumping halo boys, but I played COD4:MW for a full year almost every day. It was a perfect game experience with an addictive ranking/PERK system and an awesome shooter. Boring? No, not the least...

Grim

Yeah Cod 4 is great game, but for me personally i get bored with every game within a hour wich plays like that, i mean running threw a map shooting some enemies then u die and respawn again, for me its fun for a hour smile_o.gif

But Cod is sill a great series.

And i do hope that Normal settings are a bit grapich, i can understand that the xbox360 can't run arma2 on Ultra High, but normal does sound a bit low, well we wil see about that.

I really hope this game is released on the XBOX 360.

I don't like playing games on the PC (just a personal preference) and although I've enjoyed playing the Rainbow 6 series, Ghost Recon etc, this game sounds like a different type of gaming experience altogether.

This game seems to have a really strong following and although I've never played the original, I've heard great things so I'm looking forward to playing this when/if it's released on the XBOX 360. I've spoken to other XBOX 360 users and although many people I know don't bother making comments on forums, they are certainly interested in this game.

I love playing CO-OP System Link and from what I understand this game will support this feature. I'll keep an eye on this forum and look out for any official XBOX 360 release information.

I think normal will be like Arma 1's high  wink_o.gif

I would be happy with that on 360.  If you go on youtube, you can find alot of videos that people show maxed out Arma1 and it looks good to me.  It's more important how it plays than if every hair on his face is there.

In response to the Original poster, the Xbox 360 version will probably hold 24 players at most, simply because it's Microsoft who is hosting the servers, while on the PC the players clan or whatever hosts the servers, so they can allow as many players as they want.

Brendon the Original Xbox elite had 24 players and the host servers were the players not Microsoft. If Microsoft did host the servers then we could have 50 players but no missions from the editor just missions from BI would be allowed.

I would love to see 32 players for the XBOX 360 it would be nice to have the numbers for player vs player missions like warfare.

For the elite I mostly played coop missions with 8-12 players. Only time will tell. If BI said only 8 vs 8 I would still be happy just to know the game will be on the BOX lol and if I had to wait 8 months after the pc I would still be good with that.

All I want is just some current news from BI that the game will come to the XBOX 360 and not the XBOX 720 lol.

AVIBIRD 1

The truth is out there, If you look! notworthy.gifhelp.gif

So when I find this post it made me smile a bit. I know you prefer the PC but I prefer the BOX now it's all good. DON'T WANT TO GET INTO A FIGHT OVER THE PC VS BOX THING we all can get all.

The elite was just a straight port and played the same way it had some less edit stuff  but the gameplay was the same. I don't care much about MOD's. MOD's can open whole new can of worms for cheating online play. The elite controls were fine for me to order troops around the game pace was slow that you don't need a 1000 keys a once. This is just my view I played the pc for 2 years and the rest elite.

Funny how you say you don't want to argue about consoles and PCs and then go on to make some defensive points about consoles even when no one said anything against them.

And those points would be easily refutable if someone did want to argue:

1. Easy modding is easy cheating but ArmA has good protection against modified content in case you don't want to allow mods on your server. You can even just allow a few specific signed modifications and disallow everything else, very nice. This system probably needs some serious haxing skills to bypass, unlike OFP file checks. With some effort, one could also mod Elite content and create cheats.

2. You can use your Xbox 360 controller on the PC.

The elite was just a straight port and played the same way it had some less edit stuff  but the gameplay was the same. I don't care much about MOD's. MOD's can open whole new can of worms for cheating online play. The elite controls were fine for me to order troops around the game pace was slow that you don't need a 1000 keys a once. This is just my view I played the pc for 2 years and the rest elite.

Funny how you say you don't want to argue about consoles and PCs and then go on to make some defensive points about consoles even when no one said anything against them.

And those points would be easily refutable if someone did want to argue:

1. Easy modding is easy cheating but ArmA has good protection against modified content in case you don't want to allow mods on your server. You can even just allow a few specific signed modifications and disallow everything else, very nice. This system probably needs some serious haxing skills to bypass, unlike OFP file checks. With some effort, one could also mod Elite content and create cheats.

2. You can use your Xbox 360 controller on the PC.

If Arma 2 supports controllers ofcourse for the PC wink_o.gif

To PC FANBOYS: All your arguments become obsolete if the 360 gamer ONLY has and is interested in 360 games/gaming

To 360 FANBOYS: If ArmA2 doesn't come to 360 we (i'm a 360 fanboy) are basically f****d smile_o.gif (and only can envy our pc palls)

amadieus I was not making a some defensive points about consoles lol

I was just replaying back to Pulverizer and just making conversation about the elite and giving him some basic information because from his replay it sounds like he never played the elite. But you are very jumpy and defensive about the PC why is that. Can't we both enjoy the game for differnt systems.

PS. Most PC boys never played the elite so they had no clue the gameplay was the same minus the number of players/MOD's and some of the editor choices.

AVIBIRD 1

The truth is out there, If you look! welcome.gif

Why wouldn't ArmA2 come to 360s? Because a few whiny nerds think that consoles suck? It's pretty awful some ignorant ppl can jump at each other for having a different kind of entertainment hardware lol.

If a game is multiplatform, console sales usually and dominantly outperform the PC sales. Marek stated that the game is coming for consoles, the official site says that too, you could see 360 interface buttons...it's obvious.

Why wouldn't ArmA2 come to 360s? Because a few whiny nerds think that consoles suck?

Because it doesn't say so on the official website?

Quote[/b] ]It's pretty awful some ignorant ppl can jump at each other for having a different kind of entertainment hardware lol.

Are you saying you don't lol.

Quote[/b] ]If a game is multiplatform, console sales usually and dominantly outperform the PC sales. Marek stated that the game is coming for consoles, the official site says that too, you could see 360 interface buttons...it's obvious.

True that. It is obvious that it's Xbox 360. They are obviously also leaving a backdoor open though.

I wish they could just throw us a bone and say yes it will be on console, or no it won't. They should know by now, even if they don't have a date.

OFP2 is confirmed for console, but I would much rather know that Arma2 is for sure.

I think it is XBOX360-version.

One thing that is not mentioned anywhere is electricity bill. Just compare how much a PC power supply draws power during those months that you play ArmA2 with a top notch quad core computer. A XBOX360 uses only one third of that or less (depending on generation).

wink_o.gif

Really? Well I guess some of that excess(wasted) energy turns directly into heat anyway. And its nice to be warm in these long winter months tounge2.gif