Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

Omg, does people still belive that Arma2 won't be out for xbox?

If BI decided not to do it for xbox, im sure they would let everyone know with a statement. Also, this thread here should be proof enough.

It's not like we doubt it, we just want to see known the expect release date and a gameplay footage that came straight from xbox.

nightmare please tell me what you do not understand about my post as you are confusing me ,

i have let a few ppl read my post which one of those ppl is a english school teacher,

everybody understands but you (talking about the way my sentences are structured)...

Please let me know where you have lost the plot and

if your level of english was good you would get what i have written or maybe follow the forums a bit better ,

i am talking about the xbox 360 buttons and i am trying to say they didn't develope the game on a xbox but a pc ,

thats the reason for the mouse pointer as shown in a video

displaying the game functions and game play .

Please don't tell me about my grammar but ask me about any sentence you do not understand the context of , that is what conversations is for ....

We are all here to talk about a game or put our points across where it may interest fellow gamers, so please reply with a useful comment or if your so smart edit my post with corrections ?.... to bad i can't edit your last post for you

Edited by cnickcj

Nightmare, please tell me what you do not understand about my post because you are confusing me. (inproper composition, continue your sentaces here: ) I have let few ppl read my post, and one of them happens to be you, who is acting like an English Teacher. Everybody understands, but you (talking about the way my sentences are structured).

Please let me know where you have lost the plot and if your level of english was good, you would understood what I have written, or maybe follow the forums a bit better.

I am talking about the xbox 360 buttons and I am trying to say that, they didn't develope the game on xbox but PC instead, that's the reason for the mouse pointer, as shown in the video

displaying the game functions and game play .

Please do not criticise my grammar, clarify which sentance of mine you do not clearly understand.

We are all here to talk about a game, or put our points across where it may interest fellow gamers. So please reply with a useful comment, or if your so smart, then edit my post with corrections ?. To bad I can't edit your last post for you

Edited, for max controversial legitimacy. I will reply in few minutes to this post.

^^^^What? How dare you to use your great literature and composition skills against me?! Leaving me no choice but to take my criticism back.

(That's what could have happened, if your last post was like that.)

Edited by Sniperwolf572
Merged.

Enough, this isn't an english class. ArmA2 & XBOX360, stick to it.

And 1Nightmare1, edit your posts in the future instead of doubleposting.

1Nightmare1 this is not CODEMASTERS fourm relax, english may not be his primary language. Your not going to get a release date for the 360 by asking every other day on this forum. Just relax let BOHEMIA roll out the PC version. Go look for information, ask some good questions and be nice to people. We all want the same thing here ARMA2 for the 360.

I probably would not expect a release date any time soon for the 360. For all we know they may be waiting to see how the game sells on the PC first before any possible suiters for distribution of the 360 version will even consider producing copies. I don't want to be stating the obvious if that's already been considered in this thread.

I know you dont know it for sure but do you guys expect that this game will be released on the ps3

considering that this IS also a next gen console . It may be harder to work with but if they want me to believe that this game will be a piece of artwork then they better proove it, to all 3 platforms. And yes I`ve read every single post of this thread so dont complain that this have been asked bfore.

Cheers

I know you dont know it for sure but do you guys expect that this game will be released on the ps3

considering that this IS also a next gen console . It may be harder to work with but if they want me to believe that this game will be a piece of artwork then they better proove it, to all 3 platforms. And yes I`ve read every single post of this thread so dont complain that this have been asked bfore.

Cheers

It's certainly not impossible, but all the signs so far point to XBox360. Since there has been absolutely no indication that there will be a PS3 version, I don't expect there will be one. But who knows... it's all just speculation. :)

Hi all

There is an Xbox 360 thread and it is stickied and has over 380 posts in it and 24,347 views of it.

That would seem to indicate something.

BIS probably look at the number of posts and views in its assessment of the market.

That said a big call on the Xbox Forums and migration of large numbers of Xbox 360 players to the BIS forums calling for an Xbox version of ArmA 2 would certainly increase the known demand and increase the likelihood of it being a success.

There is no PS3 thread stickied.

There may be a PS3 thread. Maybe those who want to talk about PS3 need to search for it and post in there.

If there was to be a big demand on the PS3 forums and migrating into the BIS forums, that would obviously make a valid economic case for ArmA on the PS3.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

look I`ll keep it short cuz im typing everything with my ps3 controller.

I just hope it will come out on ps3 but i aint gonna dedicate all my precious time on these forum bcuz their ain't stikied ps3 threads.

I am definitly buying OFP if BI doesnt release the ps3 version. But dont get me wrong, arma has my fully preference. Its just because OFP is simular to arma. So BI, hopefully there will be a ps3 version or otherwhise i'll go to CM and buy me a game. IMO the only reason why xbox has a larger community is cuz the console is cheaper and doesnt include blue ray. So big community = more money. But they forget those who bought from the japs

look I`ll keep it short cuz im typing everything with my ps3 controller.

I just hope it will come out on ps3 but i aint gonna dedicate all my precious time on these forum bcuz their ain't stikied ps3 threads.

I am definitly buying OFP if BI doesnt release the ps3 version. But dont get me wrong, arma has my fully preference. Its just because OFP is simular to arma. So BI, hopefully there will be a ps3 version or otherwhise i'll go to CM and buy me a game. IMO the only reason why xbox has a larger community is cuz the console is cheaper and doesnt include blue ray. So big community = more money. But they forget those who bought from the japs

WOW, At first I felt your pain but after reading your last post, You need to go back to the CODEMADTERS FORUM and stay there. Have a nice day!

Love AVIBIRD 1

WOW, At first I felt your pain but after reading your last post, You need to go back to the CODEMADTERS FORUM and stay there. Have a nice day!

Love AVIBIRD 1

Thats just the way I think bout it. Btw i dont like their forum. But thats not the point. the point is that i want to play this game so badly but if they dont release it on the PS3 then i'm not gonna sit there and cry. Then I`m buying OFP BECUZ that is the only game that will be kinda simular to arma. I told you in my previous post, dont get me wrong. I just hope they`ll be any PS3 publisher out there ready to sell it but I know, It probably will have to wait untill the demo release or the PC reviews ... :(

I apologize for acting like an asshole with chickcj, but all I was doing is giving him my word on his grammar because reading his posts make my head spin. And then he seemed to get little hostile with me.

Anyway to the PS 3 controversy:

To my understanding, reason BI is looking to primarily produce this game for 360, is because it's a lot easier to do it for 360 that for PS 3. Bohemia already took on a big project on making a game of franchise for a console that was never develop for a console before. So judging from this attitude, BI wants to minimize the trouble, at the same time release a decent quality game.

Perhaps ones the sales for console version of this game will start spinning, Bohemia will decide to make this for PS 3 as well, but for now, it seem to be too much trouble for them.

I watched a video of the developers previewing arma2 at a games exibition , clearly mentioned was the hope for a simultaneous release on all platforms .

I want to know , if any possibility of a simultaneous regional release

or will the xbox 360 version be released after the pc version , if this is the case , the xbox 360 having a later release date , will it be a regional or worldwide release .?

Turning my attention to the T34 tank shown in a video posted by walker , which brings a question to mind .

How many vehicles have appeared in previous videos and screenshots , that are not listed on the BI web site ?

Silly question of a philistine perhaps, but what does it mean for a thread to be 'stickied'?

I cant wait to play this game, I think the anticipation is starting to have adverse health effects...

Silly question of a philistine perhaps, but what does it mean for a thread to be 'stickied'?

I cant wait to play this game, I think the anticipation is starting to have adverse health effects...

It means that the thread shows up on top of each page and thus getting more views, posts... attention to put it simple

cheers

Well in addition to the 360, I do believe there will be a PS3 version, even gamespot has it listed for the PS3. I don't see why they would NOT bring it to PS3. However I could care less because I am a 360 kinda guy and not a PS3 type person, personally I think PS3 sUkS cRaP ! . . . . . just my opinion though.

Well in addition to the 360, I do believe there will be a PS3 version, even gamespot has it listed for the PS3. I don't see why they would NOT bring it to PS3. However I could care less because I am a 360 kinda guy and not a PS3 type person, personally I think PS3 sUkS cRaP ! . . . . . just my opinion though.

Your just like everyone else and i cant blame you for that, just bcuz you dont have the console you have no trouble at all telling it sucks, but in order to say a console sucks, then you have to try them on your own. It can do more than playing games you know!

It supports porting, mouses, keyboards, bluetooth. Renting movies, download demo's, buying games. Surf on the internet just like i'm doing right now, put music nd video's on it. And I can continue if i want.

And oh, i dont eliminate the posibility of having an PS3 version released after the release of the PC version .

Both consoles have ups and down, but the problem that PS 3 still face, is the complication of game development. So right now, it's uncertain that BI will make one for PS 3, I think if the sales go good for 360, then I think eventually Bohemia will decide to make one for PS 3 as well.

Both consoles have ups and down, but the problem that PS 3 still face, is the complication of game development. So right now, it's uncertain that BI will make one for PS 3, I think if the sales go good for 360, then I think eventually Bohemia will decide to make one for PS 3 as well.

Or get enough Ps3 users to lobby Bohemia. Supply and demand, staple diet of any economy! perhaps our politicans should see it the same way.:)

Fishegg you can't believe everything you read didn't your mom tell you that. Gamespot is not BOHEMAIA and they have no insight what will be only speculation. Stop with XBOX 360 is better then PS3 crap your just showing your physical age or your mental skills.

Your just like everyone else and i cant blame you for that, just bcuz you dont have the console you have no trouble at all telling it sucks, but in order to say a console sucks, then you have to try them on your own. It can do more than playing games you know!

It supports porting, mouses, keyboards, bluetooth. Renting movies, download demo's, buying games. Surf on the internet just like i'm doing right now, put music nd video's on it. And I can continue if i want.

And oh, i dont eliminate the posibility of having an PS3 version released after the release of the PC version .

MDVizzy This is a XBOX 360 POST. MR. WALKER was nice to bring back the PS3 post for you and he gave you some good advice to get BOHEMAIA to look at the players of the PS3 system. You should follow it or go back to the Codemasters forum with your crap talk. I am a XBOX 360 player because the online community is way better the PS3 to play games with friends.

The PS3 is overall a better piece of equipment this is a fact, but making games for this system is way harder and the developers have not yet reach it's full potential.

1Nightmare1 I hope BOHEMAI will make a PS3 version so more console players can learn about this kind of gameplay and not the old crap of COD/BF games.

i have owned a ps3 , and i can confirm without a doubt that its a worthless pos for gaming (especially multiplatform games)

but its great for movies and other multimedia i guess

Problem is that bohemia is a dev company made up of around 10 people , and if there has been no development so far for the ps3 version up to now , then there shouldnt be at all.

reason behind this is that they need to spend more time patching and updating the versions that are complete instead of waste time on a game that will cost them more money to produce than they would make back in game sales.

Isnt it harder to develop games from pc to PS3 while its fairly straightforward for PC to Xbox, bar the memory limits etc?

I can see where PS 3 gamers are standing at, they are experiencing same crap that 360 is experiencing with the games, and both want the milsim.

The only problem is, right now the marginal cost is greater than the marginal benefit for Bohemia to make it for PS 3 right. Because it will take longer time, and the longer time it takes, more money you lose, and plus 360 players outweight PS 3 more than 2:1 in size.

Like I said, I think Bohemia will concider it if their success rubs of the 360 version. Although I do to some extend understand where PS 3 gamers are coming at. I would be upset to if a good game is coming to one consoles and could come to mine, but won't.

And hate to say it, but I doubt organizing online with few posts of dozen people is going to help much, Bohemia would rather look at the bigger picture, and the picture is not on here...

Edited by 1Nightmare1