Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

I can see where PS 3 gamers are standing at, they are experiencing same crap that 360 is experiencing with the games, and both want the milsim.

And hate to say it, but I doubt organizing online with few posts of dozen people is going to help much, Bohemia would rather look at the bigger picture, and the picture is not on here...

agree. PS3 costs more, thats what holding ppl back. And yes I've heared that the friend part of xbox 360 is better but what do I care, as long as i get to play wid ppl that I know, coop, im satisfied. And avidburd i respect your opinion but dont tell me im telling bullshit. Seems to me your jaleous bout the fact that PS3 is just more than a gaming console.

The best chance on a PS3 version is actually having a working 360 version. PS3 should see the 360 version as a (new, after Elite) beachhead on console territory. If the beachhead holds, it could well be possible that BIS start thinking of a PS3 version. After all, the PS3/Sony said their console will have a lifespan of 10 years, so no worries there. A small team working on a 'port' to PS3 might do the trick.

But first things first and that is a 360 version!

The best chance on a PS3 version is actually having a working 360 version. PS3 should see the 360 version as a (new, after Elite) beachhead on console territory. If the beachhead holds, it could well be possible that BIS start thinking of a PS3 version. After all, the PS3/Sony said their console will have a lifespan of 10 years, so no worries there. A small team working on a 'port' to PS3 might do the trick.

But first things first and that is a 360 version!

I must agree with you. Since porting to xbox isn't so difficult for the team since they experience wid it.

I think there will be a good chance of a release with the xbox. Its up to BI

MDVizzy please stop. Since you asked your first question and got your answer two and half pages ago which you made 7 useless replays and the last 2 and half pages provided no information regarding the XBOX 360 version.

Just stop this is not CODEMASTERS forum where people just talk crap and make pointless posts/replays. MR. WALKER was nice to point you to the PS3 post so use it and follow his advice or just go back and wait for the PS3 version of OFPDR but sir it will be no ARMA2. Have a nice day

Go easy on him Avi. He is desperate for the game to come out on his home console. While we have a thread to discuss the game about, his really don't exist, primarily because it's not stickied.

I think as long as it is appropriate and non-flamatory or insulting, he can post what ever he wants, as much as he wants(aslong as it is reasonable in timing or space between other posts).

Go easy on him Avi. He is desperate for the game to come out on his home console. While we have a thread to discuss the game about, his really don't exist, primarily because it's not stickied.

I think as long as it is appropriate and non-flamatory or insulting, he can post what ever he wants, as much as he wants(aslong as it is reasonable in timing or space between other posts).

Yeah Avi, don't be too harsh:)

GUYS I am not but MR. WALKER gave him really good advice to help his case. He has not made any replays on the PS3 post. Just how is BOHEMIA going to know if nobody talks about a PS3 version on the PS3 post. They will look at numbers of vists and repalys.

I am just trying to help him in a very direct way that's how I am. Go read the other XBOX 360 post. I stated we need to be nice to new members but in this case he does no get it.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

GUYS I am not but MR. WALKER gave him really good advice to help his cause. He has not made any replays on the PS3 post. Just how is BOHEMIA going to know if nobody talks about a PS3 version on the PS3 post. They will look at numbers of vists and repalys.

I am just trying to help him in a very direct way that's how I am. Go read the other XBOX 360 post. I stated we need to be nice to new members but in this case he does no get it.

Maybe you should put your glasses on, i did posted a couple of replies on the PS3 thread.

And AFAIK BI wont be giving anything about the fact a thread is stikied or not. I think BI will put all of their time into the pc version and probably then develop the xbox version. And maybe an PS3 version as well, if it wont be bad for sales considering the relative 'small' PS3 players. And avid drop it ok? No need for a fight here, ok?

"Yes MDVizzy"

Ty

Yeah, I think everyone is just dying for some closure on this thing. Lately Ive been feeling optimistic about an xbox release, but I am still worried about the editor. If they take it out like OFPDR did then it just wouldnt be a true sandbox game; the editor is really what made the original Operation Flashpoint what it was.

Also, I cant stand playing as marines, not only did I have certain qualms with it, but it is just so over-done in games, you always have to be marines or the US. I really like being able to play as any faction I want, it just grants you so much freedom and replay value. It sounds silly but I love using my imagination with making my own scenarios. To me thats what made the original Op Flashpoint so fun. So yeah, I really hope they keep an open editor in the xbox version...

Long live Chernarusian Movement of the Red Star!

They aren't taking he editor, they already confirmed it will be in. Bohemia is not standing to CM's low, reason CM did that because they can. They got money, and they think they can afford anything.

They aren't taking he editor, they already confirmed it will be in. Bohemia is not standing to CM's low, reason CM did that because they can. They got money, and they think they can afford anything.

If the xbox console isn't confirmed officially, then how do you know if the editor is gonna be included?

If the xbox console isn't confirmed officially, then how do you know if the editor is gonna be included?

LOL go look and read this post. Do your own homework but I will give you a little hint. MR. Ivan B stated a few times during interviews about a 360 version.

Until BOHEMAI gives an official date we are not 100% sure only 90% sure from his words. Things can change until a game goes gold. So we wait.

You should go and make the PS3 post very active. Follow the advice of MR. Walker. have a nice day.

LOL go look and read this post. Do your own homework but I will give you a little hint. MR. Ivan B stated a few times during interviews about a 360 version.

Until BOHEMAI gives an official date we are not 100% sure only 90% sure from his words. Things can change until a game goes gold. So we wait.

You should go and make the PS3 post very active. Follow the advice of MR. Walker. have a nice day.

I am trying to but I dont rly believe its gonna change anything. IMO 28.000 views wont do the trick. 28.000.000 views would if you know what i mean.

Have a nice day as well

I am trying to but I dont rly believe its gonna change anything. IMO 28.000 views wont do the trick. 28.000.000 views would if you know what i mean.

Have a nice day as well

As he said before , its already been confirmed they are working on the 360 version in parallel with the pc version. So the only thing needed for them to announce it is a publisher picking the game up

btw lol at your retarded ideology

"views on youtube influence marketing decisions from publishers and developers"

good job spanky , you have now mastered stupidity!

next we will teach you how to open the peanut butter jar for a tasty treat

"ArmA II will be released on 19th June exclusively for PC" - 505 Games Press Release

I am no native english speaker, so I wonder if that means no console verison or it's just that the console debut will be later.

Edited by ziiip

"ArmA II will be released on 19th June exclusively for PC" - 505 Games Press Release

I am no native english speaker, so I wonder if that means no console verison or it's just that the console debut will be later.

It means that ArmA2 will be released by 505 Games for PC, in 19.06.2009, don't worry xbox version will come after.

God I really hope so, taking all the information in on what the game offers makes me doubt if an xbox can even handle it. I cant wait to play this game, I cant even begin to explain myself.

I own a Xbox360 and it's a wonderful console that have given me hours of fun, but this kind of games is for a PC, I've no doubt about it... It isn't the same playing ARMA froma a console to a good PC... Save and get enough money to buy a good PC to play this awesome game.

The strength of the pc is also its weakness. A pc game is never optimized. Throw more hw at the game and it runs 'better'.

I was a fps junkie once. FPS in the FramesPerSecond sense that is. That 'hunt' for more fps totally ecplised the normal fps (FirstPersonShooter). At the height i think i was more time busy fiddling with setting, hw, drivers and tweaks than actually playing the frikking games.

Now i've consoles (360) and don't have that problem. I just play and therefor i hope ArmA2 will make it on 360.

Above is MY thing. It doesn't have to be like this with every pc gamer, but it was my frustration (to know you always could throw money at it to make it 'better')

Sorry for the slight OT and personal thing, but there you go:) (What did i do the last 2-3 hours? Took Lara thru some Thai jungle etc. Nice and easy, and goodlooking too, even on 360:))

Edited by maxqubit

I own a Xbox360 and it's a wonderful console that have given me hours of fun, but this kind of games is for a PC, I've no doubt about it... It isn't the same playing ARMA froma a console to a good PC... Save and get enough money to buy a good PC to play this awesome game.

First thing welcome to the forum.

Second thing you sir are a JACK DONKEY.( you can put the wright word in yourself). This is a console post, People here want to play on a console. OFP1work great on the xbox and in fact it played and looked better then its PC version. Yes the PC had MOD's and more players but it also had a lot of other crap that came with it. If you want to debate PC vs console go look up the old post and make all the replays you want.

FYI this behavior of yours will get you the name of TROLL and a short vacation from this forum.

Have a nice day!

The strength of the pc is also its weakness. A pc game is never optimized. Throw more hw at the game and it runs 'better'.

I was a fps junkie once. FPS in the FramesPerSecond sense that is. That 'hunt' for more fps totally ecplised the normal fps (FirstPersonShooter). At the height i think i was more time busy fiddling with setting, hw, drivers and tweaks than actually playing the frikking games.

Now i've consoles (360) and don't have that problem. I just play and therefor i hope ArmA2 will make it on 360.

Above is MY thing. It doesn't have to be like this with every pc gamer, but it was my frustration (to know you always could throw money at it to make it 'better')

Sorry for the slight OT and personal thing, but there you go:) (What did i do the last 2-3 hours? Took Lara thru some Thai jungle etc. Nice and easy, and goodlooking too, even on 360:))

*Looks at World In Conflict and every game by Ubisoft*

Sure, let's go with what you're saying. Because you're completely right. :rolleyes:

Anyways, an Xbox 360 version is still possible even though they took down the PC and Next-Gen Console(TBD) thing off of the site and 505 Games announced that it will be released June 19th exclusively for PC. Maybe, just maybe BIS felt that their site was getting clogged and 505 Games meant that the date was exclusive to PC, not the game.

*Looks at World In Conflict and every game by Ubisoft*

Sure, let's go with what you're saying. Because you're completely right. :rolleyes:

Anyways, an Xbox 360 version is still possible even though they took down the PC and Next-Gen Console(TBD) thing off of the site and 505 Games announced that it will be released June 19th exclusively for PC. Maybe, just maybe BIS felt that their site was getting clogged and 505 Games meant that the date was exclusive to PC, not the game.

What are you trying to say. You don't think BOHEMAI will make a XBOX 360 version. Have you seen any of the interviews with BOHEMIA developers talking about a 360 game. Yes your right anything can happen for a game not to be released but it looks really good for a 360 version.

What I see with the statement from 505 is that they are exclusively for PC game and not for a console version. Only time will tell but the console market is to big for BOHEMIA to walk away. Yes the console market is better then the PC market overall in games/money this is a fact.

No. I'm not saying that there won't be an Xbox 360 version. I hope there will be one. But those interviews in which the Xbox 360 version was confirmed were a long time ago, and anything could happen.

There is also a chance that the xbox360 version is not getting published from 505 games but from a other publisher