Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

If we haven't gotten a release date now, then we can't really expect it to come out untill around early 2010. Like what happens to many PC - Xbox 360 ports, it will either come out alot later, or just end up never being released at all.

If we haven't gotten a release date now, then we can't really expect it to come out untill around early 2010. Like what happens to many PC - Xbox 360 ports, it will either come out alot later, or just end up never being released at all.

Thanks for your two cents. Have you ever played OFP1 or ARMA1. Have a nice day and welcome to the forum

I would like to see Bohemia annouce the release date.

1Nightmare1 you need to relax. All the information points to a 360 game. Just let them complete the PC regional release and then we should get ours. The PC version is still the main product for BOHEMAI.

I have no issue with the release date. Whenever they're ready is fine with me.

It's important that when they do release the Xbox360 version, the game is as bug-free as possible and the gameplay is good.

The fact that Ivan Buchta has mentioned that the console version will have a basic mission editor is great news. After what happend with OFP: DR and the removed mission editor, I just hope that as and when BIS confirm ArmA2 for the 360, they also re-confirm the mission editor's inclusion.

I have no issue with the release date. Whenever they're ready is fine with me.

It's important that when they do release the Xbox360 version, the game is as bug-free as possible and the gameplay is good.

The fact that Ivan Buchta has mentioned that the console version will have a basic mission editor is great news. After what happend with OFP: DR and the removed mission editor, I just hope that as and when BIS confirm ArmA2 for the 360, they also re-confirm the mission editor's inclusion.

Agreed. Perhaps if BIS confirm the mission editor, you just might see one in DR.

1Nightmare1 you need to relax. All the information points to a 360 game. Just let them complete the PC regional release and then we should get ours. The PC version is still the main product for BOHEMAI.

agreed , and arma 2 should do quite well , so publishers will be available soon once they see the success the game brings

Agreed. Perhaps if BIS confirm the mission editor, you just might see one in DR.

LOL. CODEMASTERS only cares about DLC for MONEY. They knew for a long time the console would not have a editor. Why would they make the game and the editor two different systems. Just like they knew OFPDR would have no planes and they kept that from the community as well.

LOL. CODEMASTERS only cares about DLC for MONEY. They knew for a long time the console would not have a editor. Why would they make the game and the editor two different systems. Just like they knew OFPDR would have no planes and they kept that from the community as well.

exactly

i bet they are hiding even more from the community lol

I asked several times what the mod support would be like for the game and they just stood silent

game will FLLLLOP

No, I mean, everybody here is speculating about the console release date. My responce, is that if it ain't from developer itself, then don't fall for it.

Just like they knew OFPDR would have no planes and they kept that from the community as well.

You don't know that. Many developers ditch features mid-development if they think its more trouble than its worth, or come up with new ones if it is convenient at the time.

Edited by sparks50
literacy :)

You don't know that. Many developers ditch features mid-development if they think its more work than its work, or come up with new ones if it is convenient at the time.

Yes your right but if you go back and look at the words codemasters used they knew before they let the community in on that.

You don't know that. Many developers ditch features mid-development if they think its more work than its work, or come up with new ones if it is convenient at the time.

I seriously doubt that. I been on their forums long enough, and the developers or who ever is in charge, loves to hog all the info from the community. Part of the reason they did that might have been because the game is in competition with Arma 2, and since Arma 2 has player opretated planes, well, that makes OFP 2 look less appealable.

I seriously doubt that. I been on their forums long enough, and the developers or who ever is in charge, loves to hog all the info from the community. Part of the reason they did that might have been because the game is in competition with Arma 2, and since Arma 2 has player opretated planes, well, that makes OFP 2 look less appealable.

Why would codemasters use the word aircraft when they stated the fastest aircraft would take 20 minutes to fly across the map.

When the community called them out (well me) no statement or replay was given until they were forced to give out the truth.

Don't tell me they were still trying to make the planes work bullshit the speed difference between a chopper and a attack jets.

Do the math kids the numbers would be way off the 20 minutes.

MR. Walker found some good information about the 360 version and made a nice post but it got closed for good reason.

They want all the XBOX information in one area so I put MR Walkers information below.

Thank you MR. Walker for looking after the console boys I know you are a PC man. So it looks like the PC and console communities can work together. Now if some of the other PC boys will take your cue the ARMA world would be a better place lol.

walker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all

I saw this first on the ArmA dot info site

http://www.armedassault.info/

It links to Preview films by GameStar.de

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=452&pk=12176

But there are a whole bunch of new ArmA 2 videos and they appear to perhaps be on XBOX 360!

Another thing there is a new vehicle a T34 tank! And you can see the interior looking down into the Turret! only a driver crewing it

There is also a helicopter and Aircraft video but they are older.

Kind regards walker

That video clearly has the Xbox 360 buttons on display (red "B" for "back", yellow "Y" for "show info", blue "X" for "viewer" and, green "A" for "try"). From the options I gather that this is from "The Armory."

I'm so happy, I've got tears in my eyes. Long time ArmA player and looking forward to the 360 release.

Actually, like someone pointed out, there was a curser over those 360 buttoms. So yeah, don't get ahead of yourselves.

Thanx for the link, great vids. No worries about the game coming out on 360, it'll be here. It sounds like they are just focusing on the pc right now to maximize profits from that side of things, we'll here more about the console release soon after the pc release. Trust me they know we are screaming for the game and they can hear..... er.... I mean smell the cash in our hands that we are waiving in the air.

The editor noticed in the comments that he played at the pc but if you set up a gamepad (xbox) the controls will change, as you see.

If this will be a sign for xbox version....

I remember seeing them buttons in a earlier version of a video , then i heard loads of ppl talking about the game being dumbed down because of making the xbox version first etc ,

well to be fair i think it would of been easier to make the xbox version first then build on that for the pc , plus if they did make the xbox version would they make it on a xbox ?

I think that is the answer for the mouse pointer ..

Why would a game company add xbox gamepad buttons for a game thats a pc game?

Is there another pc game that when you add a xbox gamepad the buttons show up or you have options to add a xbox 360 gamepad?

Edited by cnickcj

In a likely port they add same exact layout for both PC and x360 version :F.

I remember seeing them buttons in a earlier version of a video , then i heard loads of ppl talking about the game being dumbed down because of making the xbox version first etc ,

well to be fair i think it would of been easier to make the xbox version first then build on that for the pc , plus if they did make the xbox version would they of made it on a xbox ?

I think that is the answer for the mouse pointer ..

Why would a game company add xbox gamepad buttons for a game thats a pc game?

Is there any other pc game that when you add a xbox gamepad the buttons show up or you have options to add a xbox 360 gamepad?

No offense, but I think you need to work a bit more on your grammar, and may be some punctuations, because I can't really understand what you are talking about. Just wanted to let you know, because people want to be able to understand your opinion on this topic, not trying to be a smart ass.

No offense, but I think you need to work a bit more on your grammar, and may be some punctuations, because I can't really understand what you are talking about. Just wanted to let you know, because people want to be able to understand your opinion on this topic, not trying to be a smart ass.

well i edited it with "make" instead of "made ", and" any other" with "another" , hope you can understand now master of english '

there is nothing wrong as i also got a english teacher to see what could be wrong .....

i will correct you ..

I seriously doubt that.

I been on their forums long enough , the developers or who ever is in charge

loves to hog all the info from the community.

Part of the reason they did that might have been because the game is in competition with Arma 2 and since Arma 2 has player operated planes,

well that makes OFP 2 look less appealable.

how does a person delate a post ?

Edited by cnickcj

i will correct you ..

I seriously doubt that.

I been on their forums long enough , the developers or who ever is in charge

loves to hog all the info from the community.

Part of the reason they did that might have been because the game is in competition with Arma 2, and since Arma 2 has player opretated planes,

well that makes OFP 2 look less appealable

how does a person delate a post ?

It's delete, and I don't think you can do that on this forums. You can edit your post though.

BTW: I'm not trying to be your english teacher, just letting you know that you need to construct your sentances better, so that people can understand them. I don't know what level english you take, but you need some work on composition, puncuation and grammar.

I can understand some stuff you are trying to say, but not to a point where I can evaluate your statement. You don't have to be perfect at spelling, etc. But just make it enough so that people can read and understand it.