Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

There is also a chance that the xbox360 version is not getting published from 505 games but from a other publisher

Its not like 505 games dont publish xbox360 games, they have done quite a few.

"Exclusively for PC" doesn't mean there won't be a console version. Mass Effect was also initially released "Exclusively for XBox360" but there was a PC version six months later. All it means is that the current release date is only valid for the PC version. No reason to be drawing premature conclusions.

This is simply another case of poor wording, just like when "patch 1.08 final" was released for ArmA and everyone was screaming "1.08 is the last patch for ArmA?!?! WTF!".

Don't call me Troll, It was just my opinion. It's true that consoles run games more optimized, and I agree with the problems of a PC... But I have doubts about an ARMA on 360 because of the quality, the multiplayer's options and the control, yeah, how will be controled your soldier in ARMA'S 360 version?

I hope 360's version will be done so everyone can play and even choose the plataform.

There's an overreaction if I have ever seen one. AVIBIRD, he stated his opinion in a humble manner, and yet you call him a jackass because he does not share your opinion?

I saw absolutely no trolling whatsoever in his post.

Well looking at the min specs BIS released, a xbox 360 can at least run Arma2 but at what kinda quality settings we will have to see. The only concern i have with the console version is the multiplayer maps! Past BIS multiplayer maps werent really that great and Xbox players arent as forgiving as the PC market. Maybe they could pick some of the great community members to create something special for the Xbox market?

Well looking at the min specs BIS released, a xbox 360 can at least run Arma2 but at what kinda quality settings we will have to see. The only concern i have with the console version is the multiplayer maps! Past BIS multiplayer maps werent really that great and Xbox players arent as forgiving as the PC market. Maybe they could pick some of the great community members to create something special for the Xbox market?

2 Words

map editor :yay::yay::yay:

Knew someone would mention that :D

Im just hoping ArmA2 out of the box will have exciting multiplayer maps that will grab the attention of the Xbox community. I feel if its released with below average mutiplayer maps it may lose a large amount of players who wont be around to play good user submitted maps. :(

ah well i will be playing warfare mostly, but for the people who like CO-OP i can understand that they do want good maps right out of the box

Ah yeah, welcome to the forums, that wasnt trolling as far as Im concerned.

Good god, thats three nights now that Ive had a dream about playing Arma2. Is that bad? I think it may be. I have to admit that Im starting to have doubts all over again about a 360 release (and I think such doubts are correlated with the dreams), we at least wont be playing it for quite some time.

Again, long live Chernarus Movement of the Red Star

so does this mean xbox gets it early too. lol

First thing yes it was a little trolling. He went into a post that was made for XBOX 360 players and he stated the game is not really to be played on the console. Why not go into the 1000 other posts to state that, if he feels that way it's cool but the wrong place. Why the 360 post where 95% of the people want to play this on the console version.

Most people will make there own COOP,MP missions also life and border patrol missions. Players will setup bases, go hunting, have races and just F around in the world. Just look at the all the players still playing GTA 4 free mode.

OFP1 had no real good out of the box COOP missions and the MP were just basic CTF,DM,TDM,sector.

With the mission editor this game will be anything you want it to be and have a very long life span if the game plays like OFP1.

I mean why do we need more "maps" out of box? We have one big island. I understand where community made one's will be fun later down the road. But I never played any other maps until Avnagi and Afgan maps where made for Arma 1. So maybe I'm missing something here. But why do we need more maps when we have a huge island?

I mean why do we need more "maps" out of box? We have one big island. I understand where community made one's will be fun later down the road. But I never played any other maps until Avnagi and Afgan maps where made for Arma 1. So maybe I'm missing something here. But why do we need more maps when we have a huge island?

OMG! :eek:

Each of us is different and each of us has different needs.

I need more maps, more addons, more funny stuff... everything.

Yeah ArmA 2 gone gold i like it :) I think they will release the pc version patch the last bugs and then release an almost bugfree console version. Are console games able to be patched?

Are console games able to be patched?

yes...

ref the twitter event:

I asked: i know this is the pc preview, but any news on how the 360 version is doing?

Answer: @dukeuk76 Our focus is on the PC version and currently have no plans for the 360 (there has been plently of speculation)

ref the twitter event:

I asked: i know this is the pc preview, but any news on how the 360 version is doing?

Answer: @dukeuk76 Our focus is on the PC version and currently have no plans for the 360 (there has been plently of speculation)

Don't forget that who is answering the questions is from 505 games and not BI.

Don't forget that who is answering the questions is from 505 games and not BI.

Hi all

Also do not forget developers on consoles are not allowed to answer other wise untill they have a console publisher and are ready for release.

Kind regards walker

If 505 dont pick up the rights to publish.....then who?

I just looked at the batch of 360 games 505 has published....not one of them has been a hit!

Edited by dukeuk76

If 505 dont pick up the rights to publish.....then who?

I just looked at the batch of 360 games 505 has published....not one of them has been a hit!

They're publishing IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey though, which is a true PC game coming consoles.

I may be pesomistic but waiting this long for the Xbox version and then not seeing anything that even confirms it (now) in the slightest hint besides this thread makes me worry to an extent I might have a mental breakdown.

I have always followed ARMA but never could get cause of my crap computer and this game gave me some hope for experiencing a PROPER military simulator and I'm not that keen on OFP:DR to be honest as this isthe true successer while ARMA in my eyes was OFP 1.5.

(Just my opinion.)

Edited by Sparkyninja

They're publishing IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey though, which is a true PC game coming consoles.
Hey i didn't know yet. Can supply a link of some sorts? Website? And is a release date set? (on the IL2BOP forum i couldn't find any)

Look guys, lets use logic here. (1) BI had advertised forever that this game would be on the 360. (2) Gamestop has it listed as well as the box art for the game being shown. (3) Operation flashpoint2 DR can be played on the 360 but not ArmA2 ? .. ?WTF?(4) Console sales represent BIG money and really thats what it all boils down to right? Now lets think about it from their perspective, the PC game will be out shortly so that will hold over alot of folks but now to maximize profits it would be better for the console version to wait till about Oct/Nov to squeeze out all the money you can from holiday sales. Think about why codemasters has pushed back OF2DR till this fall it's not because the game won't be ready . . . .DUH. . .Holiday sales!!!!!THAT is what BI is going to do also....why? you ask? . . . . . . . SHOW ME THE MONEEEEY!

Gutted if that is the case that they have no plans for the 360 - would've been/could be a great little earner for BIS...