Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

MR. PLACEBO is this true about Microsoft policy - Microsoft requires a minimum of 250,000 copies for a game to be released on the 360, so 505 Games is just trying to meet that requirement right now.

Not something I'd heard before so I really couldn't answer either way :)

I want the game to get a publisher and be released for the XB360 SO FUCKING BAD! Its been years since I've played the original OFP and I needz mah fix!

When ArmA 2 does eventually come out for XB360, I'm gonna pwn so many noobz. I don't mean to brag, but I AM the ultimate badass.

Yo XGS Che Guevara you just lost me and most of the old community from the elite that you are a real player. Lets go over this again.

Most missions were COOP play with the only focus on TEAM WORK not Rambo or Chuck Norris gameplay. For the player vs player mission like TDM well it's about the team not your score and if you played flag or sector without good cover fire from your team you can't bunny hop to safety with this game.

I am starting to think you never play the elite or OFP1 on PC so you should go back to the OFPDR or COD forums because you have no clue about this game. Have a nice day.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Some of the stuff covered in this link could explain why we haven't heard nothing about a release ....

http://www.gamecareerguide.com/features/375/book_excerpt_designing_.php?page=6

will arma 2 for the xbox 360 use Dedicated Servers or client based servers , ie hosting on a xbox 360 , i was reading some imformation on servers , just bringing myself up to date with technology ...

also found a interesting article ..

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/games/news/2009/05/29/is-microsoft-developing-a-new-record-breaking-online-game-for-xbox-360.html

First thanks for the links great reads and some good information on the whole console game process before it gets to the market.

Do I know you from the elite.

Yo XGS Che Guevara you just lost me and most of the old community from the elite that you are a real player. Lets go over this again.

Most missions were COOP play with the only focus on TEAM WORK not Rambo or Chuck Norris gameplay. For the player vs player mission like TDM well it's about the team not your score and if you played flag or sector without good cover fire from your team you can't bunny hop to safety with this game.

I am starting to think you never play the elite or OFP1 on PC so you should go back to the OFPDR or COD forums because you have no clue about this game. Have a nice day.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

First thanks for the links great reads and some good information on the whole console game process before it gets to the market.

Do I know you from the elite.

I was just talking shit whilst masquerading as a mainstream gamer and throwing in an Aliens reference for good measure ('cause Aliens rocks). Apparently it worked very well. :)

Don't get me wrong. I played the original OFP on PC along with Red Hammer and Resistance AND OFP: Elite on XB. And I can't express how much I valued teamwork in versus and co-op.

I guess I was just bored. I'm so sick of run-and-gun mainstream shooters and I DESPERATELY need ArmA 2 (preferably for XB360).

I was just talking shit whilst masquerading as a mainstream gamer and throwing in an Aliens reference for good measure ('cause Aliens rocks). Apparently it worked very well. :)

Don't get me wrong. I played the original OFP on PC along with Red Hammer and Resistance AND OFP: Elite on XB. And I can't express how much I valued teamwork in versus and co-op.

I guess I was just bored. I'm so sick of run-and-gun mainstream shooters and I DESPERATELY need ArmA 2 (preferably for XB360).

Now that sound a lot better!

Did you play the elite on live if so you would have played some of my mission. I was one of the main guys making COOP missions. I do hope ARMA2 will have better player vs player missions then the same old TDM,flag and sector. Have a nice day.

PS. What group did you play with back in the day with the elite.

if you ever played border patrol or the Petrovice Life me and my friend quick death joe came up with it on elite for xbox

Cant believe that elite doesnt work on the 360........really fancy playing that right now. Cant be bother to pick up an old xbox either.

Now that sound a lot better!

Did you play the elite on live if so you would have played some of my mission. I was one of the main guys making COOP missions. I do hope ARMA2 will have better player vs player missions then the same old TDM,flag and sector. Have a nice day.

PS. What group did you play with back in the day with the elite.

I played OFP: Elite with a few friends of mine. I wasn't in any group so to speak.

Yay my first post!!!!!!!!!

Anyway i hope ArmA2 comes soon for Xbox 360, I'm despirate to make some "communist" attacks on my enemies (A communist attck is basically charging the enmy while firing with everything you've got :P ), as Russia obviously, they just make things look & sound gooooooooooooooooooooooooood. :)

Yay my first post!!!!!!!!!

Anyway i hope ArmA2 comes soon for Xbox 360, I'm despirate to make some "communist" attacks on my enemies (A communist attck is basically charging the enmy while firing with everything you've got :P ), as Russia obviously, they just make things look & sound gooooooooooooooooooooooooood. :)

Welcome HappyBrit.

The more run and gunners that play , the more kills i get ,, lol ...

if you ever played border patrol or the Petrovice Life me and my friend quick death joe came up with it on elite for xbox

Why do people talk crap. Border patrol and Life missions have been around in the OFP world since 2001 and the elite only came out late 2005. If you are going to make crap UP make it a good.

PS. Border patrol and Life missions are the biggest waist of time for the best war simulator ever made for any system that the common man could play.

Why would anyone play such crap with this game!

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

AVIBIRD 1 there's no need at all to be so aggressive or confrontational when posting, either chillax a bit before posting, or I'll help you with that :)

AVIBIRD 1 there's no need at all to be so aggressive or confrontational when posting, either chillax a bit before posting, or I'll help you with that :)

I will try but it's hard for me because I am from NEW YORK CITY lol. When people make up BS and just lie it makes me:yay: but I will try to be less aggressive towards my fellow man!

Yay i'm going to New York soon!!!!!!! Hope ArmA2 comes out before i go though. Any one got any "nudges" for a date yet? Please:):):):)

After watching a battle with 1500 Ai arma 2 pc , i was wondering , how many Ai do you think the xbox 360 could handle ... ...?

Edited by cnickcj

I guessing here. In elite the Editor was limited to certain amount of soldiers/vehicle. Say you could place 50 in total. I guess the 360 will factor this by 5-10 so my guess is that upper limit will be in the 250-500 range.

The limit was to insure stable fps. If their are no restrictions to fps (so say you accept a fps of 10) i guess a 500+ battle is possible.

But chaos like seen in the (awesome) vid. I can't imagine this on 360. Although the battle takes place at night and that always looks spectacular:)

I guessing here. In elite the Editor was limited to certain amount of soldiers/vehicle. Say you could place 50 in total. I guess the 360 will factor this by 5-10 so my guess is that upper limit will be in the 250-500 range.

The limit was to insure stable fps. If their are no restrictions to fps (so say you accept a fps of 10) i guess a 500+ battle is possible.

But chaos like seen in the (awesome) vid. I can't imagine this on 360. Although the battle takes place at night and that always looks spectacular:)

Hey you are somewhat right! The elite editor had 7500 points

View distance = points if you wanted to imporve the default view

1. A waypoint cost 1 point each

2. Most items from the editor like houses,weapons,sounds ect cost 10 points

but some can cost 50 and 100 points each

3. One soldier (unit) cost 100 points

4. trucks,boats and cars cost 120-140 points

5. tanks cost 150 points

6. planes cost 200 points

7 Choppers cost 300 points

74- soldiers on one mission with only 100 points left over for all other stuff.

46 -tanks on one mission with only 100 points left

37 planes on one mission with 100 points left over

26 choppers on one mission with 100 points left over

there was a cheat that you could get 138 soldiers in one mission.

take 46 tanks have the man get out and now you get 138 units to play with in that mission but now less then 100 points to setup the mission.

Have a nice day

Just making a note of the two extra buttons(right and left bumper) on the xbox 360 joypad / i was hoping that they can be asign to any command , like everybody stay low / hit the deck etc as it takes me at least 30 seconds to use this command to save the unit troops etc ( plus also hold fire open fire etc) ,

This is a command i think is most important as in the heat of battle to save myself and troops is very hard using the dpad to choose from the menu the correct command needed as well as trying to save myself while also being asked by any other players playing what is going on and what they should also do ,

to use these two extra buttons which are then allowed to be asign to any command would also allow for maybe even more commands to be use within a xbox 360 version ( a quick command button which can be changed at anytime in the game from the menu) two extra commands at the touch of a button sounds really good to me.....

How to use this command , hold down both bumper buttons which will bring up the same command menu that the dpad will give you,

choose the command you want to assign to that bumper with the dpad then press one bumper to select the command and the command is saved to the bumper you have chosen,

this command can be changed at any time by just holding down both bumpers for a few seconds and starting the process over again .......

i was wondering if anybody else had any suggestions , on how the buttons on the 360 joypad could be use for a much easier gameplay experience .. ?

Also i have a question , as arma 2 can be preordered in czech , it seem they have publisher , can you give us a date or month on the xbox 360 czech release , it says summer 2009 ?

Edited by cnickcj

The controls should be able to be changed like Half Life 2. You can change the function of every button. Other than that, the controls should stay the same(or close to) Operation Flashpoint: Elite's controls. Except in helicopters, give us an option to toggle auto-hover on or off.

avibird i clearly stated that we did it on elite for xbox i didnt say one thing about the pc version, and if my friends and i find border patrol and life games fun, then whats wrong with that? its nice to get away from just tactical war missions so relax dude and take some ritalin

there was a cheat that you could get 138 soldiers in one mission.

take 46 tanks have the man get out and now you get 138 units to play with in that mission but now less then 100 points to setup the mission.

Good one:)

Anyway, another trick (for single player) was to upload a pc mission. My 'battle at le port' (see sig) had 166 soldiers in it.

FPS dropped to 10 or so. I once tried something like that with some vehicles and choppers, but the Xbox came to a stand still, it really became a slideshow:) allthough it didn't crash! Elite is very stable.

Anyway, taking the 150 or so infantry on Elite and factor 4-5 it on 360. I guess an infantry-only battle with 600+ should very well be possible

avibird i clearly stated that we did it on elite for xbox i didnt say one thing about the pc version, and if my friends and i find border patrol and life games fun, then whats wrong with that? its nice to get away from just tactical war missions so relax dude and take some ritalin

MR. Foxhound my point was that you and your friend did not make up the gameplay of life and border patrol because people have been playing them since 2001:eek:

If you liked to play that type of gameplay it's all good but only the little kids played and most of the hard core players would have kick you from any mission if you ask to play a life game:cool:

Have a nice day and can we be friends I have some candy and a playstation 2for you.

MR. Placebo I can be nice and it feels so good!

Good one:)

Anyway, another trick (for single player) was to upload a pc mission. My 'battle at le port' (see sig) had 166 soldiers in it.

FPS dropped to 10 or so. I once tried something like that with some vehicles and choppers, but the Xbox came to a stand still, it really became a slideshow:) allthough it didn't crash! Elite is very stable.

Anyway, taking the 150 or so infantry on Elite and factor 4-5 it on 360. I guess an infantry-only battle with 600+ should very well be possible

Yes action replay was great for downloading PC missions to the Box. My old hard drive wanted bad and I lost all my PC mission.

What I found with most of the PC missions that are on action replay is that the waypoints are bad. I think if link waypoints with triggers they don't work that great. What I found was the mission were very static and you took out section by section to complete the mission.

What makes my mission so hard and dynamic is that 85% of the waypoints used are on quard waypoints and I limited the number of waypoints on a fix movement pattern for units. I always used link units in mid size groups with soldiers and vehicles in pairs. Limited weapons and ammo per mission I could go on and on how to make a good balanced mission but I won't LOL

I have download most of the PC missions that are on action repaly around 150and I found only a handful of good mission.

I would love to checkout some of your mission. I will look to see if I have some of yours on the box.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

^^ I was not a too good mission maker. I tended to fiddle too much. But as you i found the GUARD waypoint great for making mission. Easy and very dynamic. And yes, i also found other (pc) mission much more static even though they seemd to have a lot more code/story in them.

Anyway, the only real trouble with the Elite system was that you could 'countdown' the enemies. You made a mission with 4 enemy vehicles and 30 troops, and you could count down if there were any left.

On pc you could make 'respawn' scripts to get around this, but on Elite you couldn't. So sometimes you ended up being all alone on the island:)

^^ I was not a too good mission maker. I tended to fiddle too much. But as you i found the GUARD waypoint great for making mission. Easy and very dynamic. And yes, i also found other (pc) mission much more static even though they seemd to have a lot more code/story in them.

Anyway, the only real trouble with the Elite system was that you could 'countdown' the enemies. You made a mission with 4 enemy vehicles and 30 troops, and you could count down if there were any left.

On pc you could make 'respawn' scripts to get around this, but on Elite you couldn't. So sometimes you ended up being all alone on the island:)

When making COOP mission with the eilte you could use a player vs player template and put a unit locked in a structure. That unit was the target. The mission would end when the target was killed. Some player vs player templates were converted to COOP templates that you could get from action replay.

I hope when this game is completed for the 360 we have some options to setup different templates like our PC big brother and not just a few basic setups.

Some Elite missions with story behind them?

Go here: HFC OFP: Elite Single Player Missions

Enjoy! :)

Grim

P.S.: Make sure to download and read the Mission Briefings pdfs before playing the missions!

I have played some of the missions not bad but, if you still have an old xbox I could show you some badass hard mission unlike anything you have seen on the elite. I never uploaded anyone of my missions because people would change things and make the missions to easy and unbalanced towards them.

Just look me up on the XBOX 360 or the OLD BOX same name(AVIBIRD 1). We still play the elite a few times a week!