Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

A 2010 would perhaps be not so bad after all:)

wouldn't be bad but hope they don't make the same mistake as with elite , when is the next xbox being released , 2010 - 2011 ?

Doesn't ArmA 2 come out next week? If they want to keep up with the competition, would it not be best to release it next week, not port it a year later.

I seriously doubt you are going to see a 360 version for a while guys. If it ever even is released, it'll take the amount of time that OFP: Elite took to come out on the original Xbox.

I really hope this game comes soon , I will take this over opf:dr fo sho!!!!!

Doesn't ArmA 2 come out next week? If they want to keep up with the competition, would it not be best to release it next week, not port it a year later.

No its not coming out next week. Yes it would be a good time to release it soon but its not going to happen. I think we'll look back on this thread when it final does come out and laugh about how far away it actually was. I still get the feeling there could be a chance of us never seeing it TBH.

I seriously doubt you are going to see a 360 version for a while guys. If it ever even is released, it'll take the amount of time that OFP: Elite took to come out on the original Xbox.
Not if they worked on it in parallel (which would have been 100% wise if BIS was 'thinking' about a possible 360 version)

well even without marketing and advertisement which i guess is still a good plan for a game with no compertition in the gaming market at the moment , a release will still do very well just from word of mouth and seeing other people playing on xbox live, i really can't see any point of a xbox 360 thread to be 'stickied if the release is next year , also they will find because of interest for this game at the moment and advertisement for the PC version version, it will be very pointless for a release next year but to release very soon... Their is a CZ publisher and the game is meant to be released in CZ in the summer months .. ?

If it is not release very soon i for one will lose interest , not that it will bother anyone , but thast just the way it is .....

You will be amazed at what just a poster in a game store can do for advertisement . Anyway we will wait and see as their are many open world games coming out in the next year ......

Don't lose your grip and climb up the rope while the door is open .

If it is not release very soon i for one will lose interest .

I feel the same to be honest. If this does come out next year I doubt I'll even give it a look in.

Well I wouldn't hold your breath you guys. BIS have not made any announcements confirming that they are working on a 360 version, and I deem it very unlikely that they will. Or if they do, it will not be for a while.

They made official announcements and said that they work on the 360 version in parallel to the PC version.

Look here, 360 part starts at 05:00

Grim

well in Czech store xzone.cz you can pre-order Xbox version of the game so i suppose that you will be able to order it few days/weeks/months/years/milleniums :232: after czech xbox gamers.

:ok:

Publisher in czech rep. should be Conquest.

ArmA 2 (XBOX 360) - czech language

Tranlated via "Google Translator"

:partytime:

But dont know if there will be any gift like in PC version (Helmet for both versions - normal and special) + t-shirt, camo bag, vallet, etc. in special edition

ArmA 2 Special edition - czech language

Tranlated via "Google Translator"

Zipper5 you are a PC gamer and have left two post on the 360 thread , not very good communication considering the information you have , anybody viewing this thread may get put of by your comments,

i thought you supported BIS or do you just support ARMA 2 for the pc ?

The Publisher will be making a announcement not BIS ... The BIS website did say at one point xbox 360 to be comfirmed , so you are wrong or was the web site wrong ,

and if you do some research , you will find there is a CZ website claiming they have a publisher for this xbox 360 title and it will be released in the summer . conquest i think is the publisher . or it could be http://www.play-publishing.com/ and as these regions are missing (POLAND, CZECH REPUBLIC, SLOVAKIA and HUNGARY) from the 505 regions i could see this as being true ...

Edited by cnickcj

Zipper5 you are a PC gamer and have left two post on the 360 thread , not very good communication considering the information you have , anybody viewing this thread may get put of by your comments,

i thought you supported BIS or do you just support ARMA 2 for the pc ?

Yes, PC gamers can post in the 360 thread. There's no rule against it. And of course I support BIS and all of it's products. I find that you are getting a bit too hostile over what I said. As it stands, it is still very unlikely that there will be a 360 version.

The Publisher will be making a announcement not BIS ... The BIS website did say at one point xbox 360 to be comfirmed , so you are wrong or was the web site wrong ,

and if you do some research , you will find there is a CZ website claiming they have a publisher for this xbox 360 title and it will be released in the summer . conquest i think is the publisher . or it could be http://www.play-publishing.com/ and as these regions are missing (POLAND, CZECH REPUBLIC, SLOVAKIA and HUNGARY) from the 505 regions i could see this as being true ...

BIS usually makes all of the announcements. I've barely seen any by 505 Games for the PC version. And I knew of that website, but to me, it does not look like it's official. It's exactly like how Gamestop is "selling" the US version of ArmA II and it's published by some company called "Got Game Entertainment", yet BIS have not confirmed that at all.

BIS have not once confirmed a 360 version. They have, however, said they would look into making one. I'm sure they would like to, as it would bring big sums of cash. None-the-less, look at OFP: Elite for the original Xbox. That came out years after the original PC release of OFP, and didn't sell anywhere near as well as the PC version. I cannot see why BIS would want to release it on a console again, considering their main market is the PC market and they have not have amazing success on consoles so far.

Plus, people in here are expecting it to be coming out "soon". Point me to any information bar that one website that hasn't even been confirmed by BIS to prove me wrong. There have been no articles about the 360 version, no videos of it or videos announcing it. BIS hasn't announced it, neither has 505 Games. Yet you're all still expecting one to be released "soon". It's not an easy task porting a PC game to a console, granted it's easier to do so with the 360 than the PS3, and that is why you find either shitty PC ports or shitty console ports nowadays as devs can't be bothered to do a good job.

With such little evidence to suggest that there will be a 360 version, I'm just saying not to hold your breath on one and expect one, otherwise you'll be disappointed.

Didn't you watch the video I posted the link to??? Ivan Buchta belongs to BI and he said that they are working on the 360 version...

Grim

zipper5, If i sounded hostle then i apologize ..

Since you seem so sure about me holding my breath i will not otherwise i may die , lol ..

True to say BIS have not comfirm for the xbox 360 , i do believe without a publisher a games company can not comfirm anything . As noted in a prevous post their is such a form called a NDA ,

maybe this is the reason we haven't heard anything .

There is evidence to suggest there is a xbox 360 game on the horizon , how ever long this game takes to surface is another matter .

You are looking at a game for the past (ofp elite) and compairing it to a more expereinced games company of the future (ARMA2), i think they have learnt a lesson form elite , as everybody learns from there mistakes .

As regards to information we have four bits , bar one which had been removed for the BIS website, this thread and the website stating a xbox release in CZ plus a statement .

They made official announcements and said that they work on the 360 version in parallel to the PC version.

Look here, 360 part starts at 05:00 ( haven't the the hang of quoting) ..

quote---

I cannot see why BIS would want to release it on a console again, considering their main market is the PC market and they have not have amazing success on consoles so far. .. ---quote ...

This is only speculation on your behalf , as i see your not a investor or part of the team that has made this game possible (unless you prove me wrong ) there are many markets to be tapped depending on the product, success is only reaching the goal you set out to reach .

quote---

and that is why you find either shitty PC ports or shitty console ports nowadays as devs can't be bothered to do a good job. --- quote ...

I find that statement frightening , i hope your only speaking your mind , can you imagine a dev getting fined because of a shitty port as you have stated .....

I have a question for you , do you know anything about licence exchange ? ....

Anyway zipper5 i hope you are having a great experience playing arma 2 for the PC ....

I am starting to get the feeling from demoralizing posts ( especially from people not concerned about a console release ) i should truely forget about this game and go on a long holiday ...

Zipper5 What up. Yes anyone can post in all threads on this forum but if your intention was to just start crap and just fight with people then it's called TROLLING and you sir will get the boot!:p

If you spent a little time reading this post you would know that BOHEMIA stated during multiple interviews that there are working on a XBOX 360 VERSION, not they want to but there are. :D

Moderators on this forum gave a direct reason why no console information can be released at this time (go do your homework look it up) also someone gave us a link that gave a complete detail outline what a game must pass to be allowed by MS to be a XBOX game (console). It was a great read and I will give you the link here http://www.tiscali.co.uk/games/news/...-xbox-360.html. (thanks to cnickcj for the link) Go read, it will below your mind. :eek:

Like I siad before after all the the PC markets are out and 99% of all the bugs are gone it will only take a short time to complete the console game because they already have been working on it. :)

We all need to relax and just wait and see how fast they can fix the bugs on the PC game as well as how good the sales are. If the sales are bad they could still cut there losses and move on but I feel this will never happen with ARMA2.:cool:

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

You mean, "Point?" My point being that either Bohemia Interactive plans to port the PC version over after release (meaning they have begun working on it) or they have been working on it alongside the PC version and have had some problems and thus were not able to release it with the PC version. ArmA II has been released for the PC by two publishers and BI has been silent about the console version(s). What does that tell you? Well there will be no release in June most definitely, odds are slim for July. So August there is a possibility, but like I said, ArmA II is a powerful game, can a 360 handle it, yes, but BI is going to have to optimize it well for the 360 and any other console for that matter and that takes a lot of time. And then they have to test it and than they have to publish it. It all takes time.

No i mean you have a point

Zipper5 What up. Yes anyone can post in all threads on this forum but if your intention was to just start crap and just fight with people then it's called TROLLING and you sir will get the boot!:p

I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally think you guys are taking what I'm saying completely the opposite to how I meant it. I am not trolling at all, but damn that word is being used more and more on here recently. In some ways it's just being tossed around...

If you spent a little time reading this post you would know that BOHEMIA stated during multiple interviews that there are working on a XBOX 360 VERSION, not they want to but there are. :D

I wouldn't say this stuff if I hadn't done my research. I've seen these videos you guys are showing me many times before this and while they do say there's the possibility I have yet to see one that outright confirms it, let alone a press release from BIS.

Like I siad before after all the the PC markets are out and 99% of all the bugs are gone it will only take a short time to complete the console game because they already have been working on it.

Well yeah, it would be much more possible then. I was responding to the people who said they wanted it "soon" otherwise they will lose interest. I know BIS are going to want to iron out the bugs on the PC version to have a much more bugfree console release to rake in bigger bucks. Of course that's possible.

And I don't know why but you guys are sounding really hostile towards me. I'm hardly looking for a fight, I wouldn't do that. Not here. I've been in "the scene" since OFP's release and have been following BIS ever since, so of course I've

spent a little time reading this post

and "done my homework". I'm not one of those people who just posts bullshit all the time to, well, troll. Also, that link doesn't work.

But whatever, let's stop derailing the thread.

Edited by Zipper5

Hey Fellers, I made a poll on the suggestions forum regarding Keyboard & Mouse support for the 360 version of ArmA II. I'm a little surprised there's not more interest, as Microsoft does offer API support for K&M, and several games have taken advantage of it -- though no realism games as yet to my knowledge (which would benefit the most imho).

I'm not a huge 360 Fan, though I do own one, and K&M support would be the 'deal maker' that would get me to buy the game a second time. If you'd like to see Keyboard & Mouse support enabled for ArmA II, why not show your interest in the poll; if there's enough Fans vetting it BI might add the K&M capability some of us crave.

:butbut:

^^ Tbh, if i was serious about M&K i would go all the way and go PC gaming.

For 360/PS3 it should be controller. But i'll make exceptions for a wheel or flightstick (thinking of buying a flightstick for upcoming IL2:BoP)

Ahhh.

The old keyboard/mouse vs gamepad conversation.

Either or as far as i am concerned.

I feel i am quite profficient with either, i have never felt disadvantaged by using a gamepad or advantaged by using k/m so cannot understand, both involve using your hands to control a piece of software and both can be as accurate as eachother, just because k/m is second nature to most people doesnt meen gamepad cannot be.

Sometimes i prefer gamepad as you have a trigger finger and rumble, that said i would never consider hooking up a gamepad to play a PC game.

To stay on topic, i am hoping for a console release and will buy the game on any platform it is released on as a show of support, PC will have its place for serious stuff/editing/modding but console will be used for ease of play. I have no fonder (gaming) memories than playing ofp elite using xbox live on the brick, truly the best version of flashpoint out there and the starting point for arma as we see it now.

its win win for me.

Well it doesn't have to be a K&M vs Controller issue; it could easily be a server side option for those that feel it's controversial. You're quite right though I always go the PC route from get-go, and am really only interested in a console version of a game if it offers unique and intriguing content -- or costs less then a used sock...

:huh:

So I shouldn't go to the store next week to buy this game? It said the release date is the 26th, I'm assuming that they made the X360 version along side the PC version, so will it be out next week?

360 version is not out yet. dont know when. dont know if it will ever be... probably will, just dont know when

360 version is not out yet. dont know when. dont know if it will ever be... probably will, just dont know when

Well said MR Centipede

Not cool, I've read several times that ArmA 2 is coming out on 360 the same time as PC. Why would they stick this thread then?