Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

Yeah your right AVIBIRD 1 i forgot about the old flashpoint elite on xbox lol, Yeah well maybe this game will be xbox and pc only :( Im a ps3 owner though, damn!!

Well we all know that the PC version will be the best because of all the mods etc... but a ps3 version is likely, i dont know how the xbox can handle such a huge game lol.

Hey BOHEMIA made the game OFP1 work on the OLD XBOX at the time no other game came close to the size and the information required to run the game. XBOX 360 will work fine with some downgrades of things in the game but it will still play the same as the PC game just like OFP1 on the old box.

I feel your pain and I hope they can make a PS3 game but what I have been told from people on :yay:this forum is the PS3 uses a different coding system.

AVIBIRD 1

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Yeah the ps3 is well known for being a difficult machine to develope games for, but why is that?, it just doesnt make sence, *sighs*, when i bought my ps3, i was told by everone that it will be the best machine ever, and that asian guy from sony said they had many exclusive games in the making, e.g. getaway 3 and eight days. Both of these games were canceled, last year. WTF, the online is crap, bad company lags like a b***h, well thats the price you pay, when you given something for free :(

Now i here that there might not be a ps3 version of arma 2, this just drives me insane, my favorite game is no longer coming to ps3, i played arma 1 on pc all the time, but my machine died and i dont have the money to replace it yet. This game should be out in a few months so it looks like i'll have to try flashpoint 2, but ive just heared that the most important feature has been removed, or, never has been there on the consoles in the first place, the editor, WTF!!!, arent these consoles next gen. I payed a fortune for this crappy console.

Im just real p***ed off at the moment. :(

Edited by Flarmapoint 2

That's what you get for believing adverts and hype! At least you learnt your lesson- don't buy on impulse. I used to do it (to an extent) and yeah I was disappointed, too. There's still a chance that ARMA2 will come out on PS3 (they haven't specifically said it won't to my knowledge,) but it would come out far later anyway. Save up for a new mid-range PC, or sell your PS3 and get an Xbox :)

Yeah the ps3 is well known for being a difficult machine to develope games for, but why is that?, it just doesnt make sence, *sighs*, when i bought my ps3, i was told by everone that it will be the best machine ever, and that asian guy from sony said they had many exclusive games in the making, e.g. getaway 3 and eight days. Both of these games were canceled, last year. WTF, the online is crap, bad company lags like a b***h, well thats the price you pay, when you given something for free :(

Now i here that there might not be a ps3 version of arma 2, this just drives me insane, my favorite game is no longer coming to ps3, i played arma 1 on pc all the time, but my machine died and i dont have the money to replace it yet. This game should be out in a few months so it looks like i'll have to try flashpoint 2, but ive just heared that the most important feature has been removed, or, never has been there on the consoles in the first place, the editor, WTF!!!, arent these consoles next gen. I payed a fortune for this crappy console.

Im just real p***ed off at the moment. :(

I'm sure at some point in time a version of ARMA will be available for PS3, it would be a mistake for there not to be one. I'm a 360 owner myself, but exclusive games makes me kinda sick across the board, it just doesn't make sense to me to limit a game to one or some platforms. But hey, look on the bright side, long after our 360's are sitting on a shelf collecting dust Sony will still be supporting the PS3 (I mean they still make games for PS2). Just try and look at it as a long term investment.

:yay:[/s][/s]ALL WE NEEDED WAS A LITTEL HINT!

Hello about 4 to 5 weeks ago I was upset with BOHEMIA for not giving any word or a small hint that they are still planning to making a console game, infact some hints on this forum was the oppsite. I and many old xbox players have been waiting for this game for almost 4 years and was trying to build a sold community on xbox live but with the lack any information this was very hard and frustrating to us to get people to what to learn about this game when OFPDR was confirmed.

Some of the PC boys took my statements to heart but what if BI stated no MOD's will be allowed on ARMA2 or the key board functions need to be limited because of the console game. How would this make you feel taking away the two most important things to you guys. Yes I played OFP1 for the pc for many years and yes ARMA1 before all the updates and ACE MOD's so I know the pro of PC games over console games however in my current life console games fit in better for me.

Please no fighting that PC are better then consoles. That fact is that we have many console players that want this game for the gameplay it can give, not all of us are run & gun little boys.

After my statement that I was done here some new information about why BOHEMIA can't confirm a console game with a publisher for the game. I still can't undertsand why. Last week a small hint from IVAN B during a interview was released indicating a XBOX 360 game was in the works. I am sorry for all the PS3 guys I feel your pain.

This is all the old XBOX community needed to give us hope. If the PC gets released first we don't care we know we will get the game soon and have more time to spread the word about ARMA2.

PS. I hope codemasters makes a good game, it will not be this game and will play a little different but this is a good thing for all of who can't play COD/BF/GRAW games for more then 15 minutes before we get sick of the game experience.

MR. IVAN B thank you for the little hint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AVIBIRD 1

That was a rather old interview, alot could have changed since then. I'm really hoping someone from BIS will just come out and say yes or no to a console version in the near future....all this suspense is driving me mad!

That was a rather old interview, alot could have changed since then. I'm really hoping someone from BIS will just come out and say yes or no to a console version in the near future....all this suspense is driving me mad!

Hi chainsawgrin

Yes it is like an itch you cannot scratch.

Same as all development the anouncement, if it is to come, will come when it is ready.

TBD

So until BIS decide to tell you, you will just have to itch.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I believe they already stated one of the major obligations of developing a console title is that you cannot declare anything until it's basically ready to hit the shelves. Console debug pogroms, beta'ed, gone gold, publishers - All that jazz.

Didn't Placebo give us a clear hint recently that it will at least definitely come to the 360? A hint, between the lines, sure, but rather clear nonetheless - I personally don't doubt that we'll get a 360 version of the game, I hope with an editor(!!!), so the only thing left unsure is when - not if.

Grim

just lookup deadfast's thread about him providing captions for a couple of arma2 videos.

Watch video 2, turn on captions.. and you have your answer for a 360 version with editor.

I don't know which video you exactly mean, could you please give a direct link? Thanks

Grim

Hmm...some special missions to tinker with? Don't know how restrictive this actually is. Why using 'missions' here at all? I mean we have a huge map and lots of weapons and units with hopefully good AI. Shouldn't that be enough for making some missions with the editor? But we'll see and if it has an editor CM's game is already doomed to remain the no. 2...

Grim

Hmm...some special missions to tinker with? Don't know how restrictive this actually is. Why using 'missions' here at all? I mean we have a huge map and lots of weapons and units with hopefully good AI. Shouldn't that be enough for making some missions with the editor? But we'll see and if it has an editor CM's game is already doomed to remain the no. 2...

Grim

The xbox elite editor only had three basic templates that you could setup coop missions and maybe 4-5 player vs player with objectives to make missions from and it was just fine for us.

If they give us more templates then it would be great because you still can make up any mission you want using the templates. The templates was only to setup objectives to end/complete the missions.

All true, but he said 'We're adding missions the player can modify by a simple editor', that's what I don't understand. Seems to say that there's more restriction in making of missions than we had in Elite. But we'll see

Edited by Grimnirsson

Remember English isn't his first language. It will all be revealed soon, no doubt. I reckon the editor will still be just fine in terms of template. Thing is, exactly how it's going to work has probably not even been finalised yet.

Oh I'm sure it will work great like it did in Elite, I was just a bit confused because of the mission/template thingy.

It was good to see however that they work on both versions at the same time so we don't have to wait 4 years again for the console version ;)

All true, but he said 'We're adding missions the player can modify by a simple editor', that's what I don't understand. Seems to say that there's more restriction in making of missions than we had in Elite. But we'll see
I had exactly the same feeling. It sounded more restrict than the Elite editor. I don't get the impression you can toy with WAYPOINTS and stuff ... (I was hoping for an Elite+ editor, but who knows)

I had exactly the same feeling. It sounded more restrict than the Elite editor. I don't get the impression you can toy with WAYPOINTS and stuff ... (I was hoping for an Elite+ editor, but who knows)

That can't be it makes no sense.

what you are saying if you put units down on the map/mission they all will be on a preset waypoint with behaviors like GUARD with AWARE.

No BOHEMIA must give us different waypoints and behaviors to setup like the elite if not what is the point of the editor. The PC will have a lot more options.

QUOTE] from SaBrE_UK and he is most likely right!

Remember English isn't his first language. It will all be revealed soon, no doubt. I reckon the editor will still be just fine in terms of template. Thing is, exactly how it's going to work has probably not even been finalised yet.

I think you guys need to tell Bohemia what you want in the editor ,

the only problem i found with the elite editor was when putting enemy troops on cycle they didn't attack if they saw you just shot at you then continue on there cycle waypoints ,,

i would like to see the editor the same as elite but with cycle , cycle attack and cycle defend so they would break off from there cycle and chase what ever they saw changing to more of a attack mode or even to stop and defend that position until their view was clear,

the behaviors were ok for every other action but move move move cycle they became a bit stupid even with a aware behavior ,

i wish they would break of from their patrol when on a cycle waypoint and attack ...

The elite editor was just fine apart from the point i made i hope Bohemia will do something about this making the gameplay that little bit more exciting ...

I think you guys need to tell Bohemia what you want in the editor ,

the only problem i found with the elite editor was when putting enemy troops on cycle they didn't attack if they saw you just shot at you then continue on there cycle waypoints ,,

i would like to see the editor the same as elite but with cycle , cycle attack and cycle defend so they would break off from there cycle and chase what ever they saw changing to more of a attack mode or even to stop and defend that position until their view was clear,

the behaviors were ok for every other action but move move move cycle they became a bit stupid even with a aware behavior ,

i wish they would break of from their patrol when on a cycle waypoint and attack ...

The elite editor was just fine apart from the point i made i hope Bohemia will do something about this making the gameplay that little bit more exciting ...

Just put everything in (from the pc editor) except EXTERNAL scripting (aka the same editor as pc but with controller and no ext scripts)

Nah, j/k, won't happen, so i'd go for an Elite+ editor. So take the Elite idea, enhance some stuff (like your remarks, sync stuff, load/unload shit and such) ... there was always the impression (and for me, i'm pretty sure about that) that the Elite editor wasn't really finished. But hey, is was a good start, so BIS ... just build upon that idea. (But prolly too late now, surely BIS has finalized its ideas about the console editor)

Scripting could be used if they simply give us some pre-set scripts we can drag/drop on a unit so it follows the commands of the scripting template. This way we could use a bunch of scripting commands without the need to actually write them.

Hey, I was looking around the 505 web pages and found this link http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/958/958402.html

IGN » Games » Xbox 360 » Game Profiles

ArmA II

Also known as: ArmA 2, ArmA: Armed Assault 2 (UK)

BOARDSARTICLESREVIEWREVIEWREVIEWWALKTHROUGHCHEATSIMAGESVIDEOS

Get AlertsAdd to My GamesArmA II

Add to Favorites

Now Playing

Wishlist

Collection

Neither

» Edit List Details

Published by: 505 Games

Developed by: Bohemia Interactive

Release Date: Q3 2009

Genre: First-Person Shooter

I don't know how much of this is right on but it's the first thing I found about a XBOX 360 Publisher and a possible target Release Date July,Aug,Sept.

We just now need to see information on BOHEMIA web.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

^^ A bizarre find:)

The next evolution in developer Bohemia Interactive's military endeavors. ArmA 2 is set in the near future, year 2009, in a fictional post soviet country called Chernarus. Players will be sent as members of a United States Marine Corps Force Recon squad to this country to prevent further civilian casualties and ensure ongoing stability there.

Arma 2 is based on the latest generation technology, offering large –scale game world, authentic and extremely detailed modern units, weapons, vehicles and enviroments, challenging single player and vast array of multiplayer options.

Genre: First-Person Shooter

Exclusively on Xbox 360

Release Date: September 30, 2009

^^ A bizarre find:)

Where did you see this. What site please give link. It's all good for us if it's true poor PS3 players. I do feel for them.