Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

11 posts and your done here. This game was not for you any how lol. We are all pissed about the lack of information but no game can come close to this game. Yes, I will buy and play OFPDR but will still keep the hope alive that this game comes to the console if not I always have OFP ELITE LOL.
Yea yea. What can I say? I cant leave knowing there is even a possibility of this game coming out. After reading the above post I got a little hope. If they could just give us some kind of info regarding the 360 that is accurate and confirmed I'd go right back to promoting this game.

I like the aspect of Ofdr. They have a good game coming out, But its not arma. There is nothing to compare the two.Its cool that they are releasing the game soon,but its not arma.Heck, if bis is waiting to see how they do I'll buy 3. Just get the game on the 360 and watch it grow. I've got alot of ppl waiting to see if this is coming to 360, when it does, every game I have is a 60$ coaster:D

See you guys online.

just thought i would add some info about gamespy after reading another thread ..

even if a company makes a game for the xbox 360 , they still have to rent their own servers if a server is going to be used for the game ......

Hi all

I just spoted this in the MP section of the forum.

The fact that the new code requires the addendum of PC for Gamespy is I would suggest perhaps indication of a console version and the need to seperate PC servers from different consoles.

The fact it has come out now seems to indicate the release may be in the near future.

If we consider that the new version of ArmA II is also due out and that recent ArmA betas have been about optimisation as they were when BIS's OFP Elite for X-Box came out, we have some interesting possibilites.

Perhaps a Late September Early October release of ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead on PC and consoles.

I would suggest Say first full week in October on a Tuesday for the US release and couple of days later for the rest of the world.

Kind Regards walker

GameSpy Arena Game Servers

All paid users of GameSpy's products and services (from GameSpy Arcade to FilePlanet) are helping us beta test a brand new service: GameSpy's Arena Game Servers - the ultimate gaming environment for the most popular dedicated server games on the planet.

You take your gaming seriously, and you don't want to mess around playing on some server plagued by cheating and unreliability. That's why we've set up racks of high quality servers, loaded with plenty of bandwidth and policed by the latest anti-cheat software and live admins to ensure you get what you came for: a great game with people who came to play.

Here's What You Get:

* The Games You Want to Play: Unlimited, high-quality gameplay on the most popular games that GameSpy Arcade supports: Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Command & Conquer: Renegade and more.

* Low Pings: We're throwing fat wads of bandwidth at these servers, and we're constantly monitoring and upgrading our bandwidth to provide a high-quality, low-latency experience to as many players as possible.

* Always Up: We'll have servers up and running smooth 24/7.

* Your Favorite Content: Servers running the most popular maps and mods around (from Day of Defeat to Desert Combat).

* No smacktards: We'll be running Punk Buster and other anti-cheat programs, as well as policing the servers LIVE to make sure cheaters and griefers get the boot and never come back.

* Individual result may vary depending upon connection and location to the servers.

Ready to play? Did we even need to ask?

Playing on GameSpy's Servers is easy. All you need to do is log in to Arcade with a valid Game Tools or Founders' Club subscriber account, head into the lobby for the games listed below, look for the "GameSpy Subscribers" servers double click and play.

Not a subscriber? Sign up today and start playing.

Supported Games:

Battlefield 1942

Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat

Battlefield 1942: Eve of Destruction

Command & Conquer: Renegade

Contract J.A.C.K. Mutiplayer Beta

Halo

Halo Demo

Jedi Academy

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault: Spearhead

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Got Problems? Report Them!

To ensure a high quality game experience for all of our players, we need your help: if you encounter instances of cheating or low performance, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact form located at:

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/contact.asp

And remember: The more specific you can be with the information requested, the better. We are actively working with our bandwidth provider to provide a low latency experience to as many of our subscribers as possible.

Stay Informed

Want to know when we launch servers for new games? Head to http://www.gamespyarcade.com/promotions/server_notice_signup.shtml and fill out the form to receive e-mail alerts as soon as we set the servers up. You'll be the first to know -- and maybe the first to play!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Will I get a low ping on these servers?

A: You should! We've got some fat, fat pipes serving up loads of bandwidth for these servers, and we're working with our ISP to provide low pings and low lag to as many of our subscribers as possible, worldwide.

The nature of the Internet makes it tough to guarantee something like this, however, and the more data you can send our way, the better. If you're not getting a low ping to the servers now, let us know, and we'll get to work on improving it.

Q:If I get caught cheating, what will happen to me?

A: You will be banned from the subscriber-only servers for life. Period. We said "no cheating" and we meant it. Other subscriber only services will still remain available to you.

Q: I'm A GameTools / Founders' Club Subscriber, but I can't get on to the subscriber only servers. What's wrong?

A: It could be that you've logged into Arcade using a profile that ISN'T linked to your subscription. Check your account information and make sure you're logging in with the correct profile / account. If you still can't get on, contact GameSpy Customer Support using the form located at http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/contact.asp

Subscribers can expect a response from Customer Support within 24 hours.

Q: I have a lifetime Arcade / GameSpy 3D registration. Can I play on the servers?

A: No. Due to the ongoing costs of maintaining these servers (bandwidth, hardware, administration and maintenance), we can only offer these servers to Game Tools and Founders' Club subscribers. However, you can upgrade your lifetime subscription to a Game Tools or Founders' Club subscription at a discount now by visiting: https://www.gamespyid.com/upgrade.aspx

Q: Will GameSpy be providing more servers for different games in the future?

A: Absolutely! We will be actively assessing how our servers are provisioned to ensure that our subscribers are being well served. We also plan to roll out servers for new dedicated server games and game demos as soon as possible to ensure that you have a great place to play your games as soon as you want to play them.

Q: Can I rent a server from GameSpy?

A: Not at the moment. If you have an interest in doing so, please e-mail servers@gamespyarcade.com and let us know. We may make this service available to you in the near future.

Q: How do I suggest a mod or map to run on one of the servers?

A: Simply e-mail servers@gamespyarcade.com with the name of the map / mod you want to run, and we'll see what we can do. Provide links to the files and suggested server settings whenever possible.

Q: Does GameSpy control ALL of the servers listed in Arcade?

A: No. We only control those servers designated as Official GameSpy Subscriber Only Servers. All other servers are run and maintained by other companies and users such as yourself.

Edited by cnickcj

I think I know BIS plan...

They are going to release OAH, get all the bugs with that smoothed out and everything all fixed and purtied up. Then after that long process, they'll announce the 360 version.

Just like OFP: Elite, where they included the expansions ect.

I think I know BIS plan...

They are going to release OAH, get all the bugs with that smoothed out and everything all fixed and purtied up. Then after that long process, they'll announce the 360 version.

Just like OFP: Elite, where they included the expansions ect.

Then get ready to wait a very long time.

Then get ready to wait a very long time.

It'll be worth it I suppose. Its annoying how a lot of the big sites like G4tv and IGN thinks its Q3 09, G4 and VGreleases even says sept 30th, which is complete bull crap. Though it'd be sort of a dick move, I can see it actually being released the 30th of sept and completely stealing the thunder of OFP.

"This is the oonly game of its kind on the market"

Then Arma2 comes in on consoles a week or so before OFPDR:p

If only it were true. Atleast I'll have OFPDR to hold me off until Arma gets here.

It'll be worth it I suppose. Its annoying how a lot of the big sites like G4tv and IGN thinks its Q3 09, G4 and VGreleases even says sept 30th, which is complete bull crap. Though it'd be sort of a dick move, I can see it actually being released the 30th of sept and completely stealing the thunder of OFP.

"This is the oonly game of its kind on the market"

Then Arma2 comes in on consoles a week or so before OFPDR:p

If only it were true. Atleast I'll have OFPDR to hold me off until Arma gets here.

You guys could be playing OFP ELITE on the old X box it will only cost around 65$ US. The elite is still better than anyother game on the 360 at this time.

Ok, i didn't really feel like reading 52 pages of stuff, so can someone confirm for me, is the xbox 360 version of the game CONFIRMED. And/or will you ba able to fly planes and helo's such as the C-130 are BLACKHAWK?

Nothing is confirmed and i woudlnt get my hopes up-.-

This game is kinda way too much complex for any console.

If its on a console,expect it in 2 years or so..

Games like that and the modding possibilitys were the reason i sold my PS3 and for 500€ i had a complete machine which can run armaII now on high settings...

Games like that and the modding possibilitys were the reason i sold my PS3 and for 500€ i had a complete machine which can run armaII now on high settings...

As much as i would like to beleive that, most sites like gamestop and IGN say that it will be out in 30 days or so.

Ok lets see..

BI is not the biggest company.They work on a new Addon actually for ArmaII.They have enough to do with bugfixing and optimizing the game.They did not announce it for XBox or Ps3.Look at the Hardware it needs too run smooth,look at the hardware in Consoles.Sry but all these are reasons there will be no port in the near future..Gamemagazines allways talk

Ok lets see..

BI is not the biggest company.They work on a new Addon actually for ArmaII.They have enough to do with bugfixing and optimizing the game.They did not announce it for XBox or Ps3.Look at the Hardware it needs too run smooth,look at the hardware in Consoles.Sry but all these are reasons there will be no port in the near future..Gamemagazines allways talk

They never said it was a port, they were making a seperate version for the consoles. Plus nothing is confirmed or unconfirmed, for all you know, as Placebo seemed to hint 20 - 30 pages back, they need a publisher for it. For all we know it could be in Alpha stages right now, it just needs a publisher before that can offically say anything on it.

As much as i would like to beleive that, most sites like gamestop and IGN say that it will be out in 30 days or so.

It has not set date confirmed. The game will NOT be out in 30 days or so bud. It might come to 360 down the road, but there is no set date for it.

Ok lets see..

Hardware has nothing to do with it , if a games developer whats to make a game for a console they will find a way ..

If a person wanted to visit a store that is ten miles away and they haven't a car , they will walk or get a bus , sorry but this game has nothing to do with hardware , it has more to do with programing and optimizing ,, the computers most ppl own now days would of been called a super computer ten years ago ,...

I still play operation flashpoint elite for the xbox , so really if you think about it , they could still make a game of that size for the xbox 360 with better gfx , then sombody would same , why would they , they are working on arma2 , ?????? to many questions and not enough answers ......

Ok, listen, it so far looks as though it is confirmed for Q4 of 2009. That what it says, thats what EVERYTHING says. Theirs a few XBOX 360 trailers out, and XBOX 360 screenshots (like...9). I think most of you just don't want it on 360 or PS3 because your all negative about it. i would explain, but it just isn't worth the fight. The game would be great for consoles, it would be huge memory and such, but i dont care, the game looks sweet and its the type of game i have been looking for for a long, long time.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

It has not set date confirmed. The game will NOT be out in 30 days or so bud. It might come to 360 down the road, but there is no set date for it.

Please...explain. Is it because you work for the company and know for a fact it wont be out soon, or is it because you just don't want it to.

That is such B.S.! Did you play Operation Flashpoint: Elite on the OLD, black XBox? If anything, Elite proved that NOTHING is too complex for a console. Any limitation found in Elite was a design decision by the developers, Codemasters (the publishers), and/or Microsoft.

Throw in the fact that the 360 can take a USB keyboard and a detachable hard-drive and you have no defense left!

Microsoft wants the industry hookers to keep reciting your B.S. opinion, because they don't want infinitely replayable games depriving them of game sales. Over and over again you will hear those who have played Elite saying that if the game was backwards compatible on the 360 they wouldn't be playing anything else. Microsoft doesn't want that. The industry doesn't want that.

The Brothers Spanel are a couple of the few visionaries left who want to give gamers their heart's desire.

listen speedy, theres a fact that BIS doesn't have a publisher for the xbox 360.

I've just read Microsoft dropped their requirement for games to have 720p resolution and fullscreen AA. So developers have much more freedom to set their own specifications.

This could be a big change for the A2 on Xbox roadmap because i personaly can't see this game run with full AA on just a x360.

I've just read Microsoft dropped their requirement for games to have 720p resolution and fullscreen AA. So developers have much more freedom to set their own specifications.

This could be a big change for the A2 on Xbox roadmap because i personaly can't see this game run with full AA on just a x360.

There are a lot of 360 games that don’t use 1280*720p or AA.

Just look through this list:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1113344&postcount=3

Ok, listen, it so far looks as though it is confirmed for Q4 of 2009. That what it says, thats what EVERYTHING says. Theirs a few XBOX 360 trailers out, and XBOX 360 screenshots (like...9). I think most of you just don't want it on 360 or PS3 because your all negative about it. i would explain, but it just isn't worth the fight. The game would be great for consoles, it would be huge memory and such, but i dont care, the game looks sweet and its the type of game i have been looking for for a long, long time.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

Please...explain. Is it because you work for the company and know for a fact it wont be out soon, or is it because you just don't want it to.

I have 2 friends who own videogame stores... there is NO SET DATE for ARMA2 on 360 within the next few months as you said. The game is not comign out september or October of 09, thats fact. maybe down the road but you said for suer the game would be out before the end of 09. There is no SET DATE for the game to come out yet, there is speculation about it coming out, but NO SET DATE. How hard is that to understand? Forza3 has a SET RELEASE DATE, Modern Warfare 2 has a set release date,etc... ARMA2 does not have a set release date, you saying its coming out Aug, October, November of 09 seems pretty silly when its nto 100% confirmed yet. You can not preorder ARMA2 for 360 yet because there is no set date that its coming out on.

I personally would like to see it come to 360, as I play 360 aswell as PC, BUT.. there is NO SET DATE YET.

And stop saying we are all negative about consoles, I love consoles aswell as PC and I would love to paly ARMA2 with my friends who dont have a PC to play ARMA2 on. But there is no EXACT/SET date for ARMA2 to come out yet, its all still up in the air. Its not been confirmed when exactly the game is coming out, its all up in the air bud. My friends ask me If there is a set date for when ARMA2 is coming ot 360 and I tell them "Its still up in the air buds", they cant go to a store and preorder the game and go pick it up October the 1st or what ever. They have to wait for more news and confirmation.

I would be very excited if/when we get a confirmed relase date for ARMA2, but it hasnt happened yet, so no reason to get all excited yet. You saying its FORSURE coming out in 09 is pure hope/guessing on your part.

I hope ARMA2 comes out for consoles but my guess is 2010 at least. Not because I hate consoles, but because I dont see it being out in stores by teh end of 09 with barely any confirmed news about it yet and its alreayd September.

Edited by kozzy420

So, look how many games on IGN or any other game website DO NOT have set release dates that are coming by the end of 2009.

And, i do really believe it will be out, late 09', early 2010. I think we can all agree on that.

So, look how many games on IGN or any other game website DO NOT have set release dates that are coming by the end of 2009.

And, i do really believe it will be out, late 09', early 2010. I think we can all agree on that.

You said itll be out in 09, now you say 09 or 2010.

2010 at the earlyiest in my opinion. Its not going to be out in 2009 for xbox360, Ill put every dollar I own on a bet that its not coming out this year. The year is almost over and we have no set date or anything (While Batman, COD:Modern Warfare2, Minininja's, Halo:ODST, Time Of Shadows, Operation Flashpoint2 and many more all have release dates). I wish the game would come out in 09 bud but its jsut not happening. My friend is taking preorders for Operation Flashpoint2, Forza3 and COD:Modern Warfare2,etc.... but non for ARMA2 on 360. I will leave this site the rest of my life if ARMA2 somehow surprisingly comes out on xbox360 in 2009.

I wish I could be playing ARMA2 with my cousins and friends on 360 at xmas time but its just not going to happen bud, no matter how much we wish for it to happen. Lets hope for 2010 maybe?

Edited by kozzy420

I actually wonder why it seems so difficult to find a publisher...

Grim

Do you work for a publisher/developer? If not it's possible that such an outside looking in viewpoint makes the situation seem so much easier than it actually is in reality ;)

I know that there is a seperate topic for this, but IF ARMA2 does come out on the X360, does that mean that it will come out on the PS3 at the same time? I hate the way everyone asks about the X360 but nobody bothers their fat arse to ask about the PS3 version.

I know that games on PS3 are harder to make since they use OpenGL as opposed to the Direct3D like the PC and X360. But Im just asking.

*flamesuit*