Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

ArmA2 - The Xbox 360 thread

man I really hope this game comes out on 360. Ever since it was announced that OFP2 mission editor was cut for console versions, I have been looking forward to this game instead. Plz don't abandon us console users, bohemia. :(

when is this released on the xbox 360 in the UK?

Not date is set yet. It still isnt "official confirmed" as coming out on the 360 - I doubt you'll see it this year though.

believe nothing until u see it for ur self, just end up dissapointed other wise, like ppl now waiting for pc version or demo, its a case f hurry up an wait, would b very nice to see it on 360 tho

^^ Yeah, because i had a quick look at my old pc. And there is no change i can upgrade it to run ArmA2/PC ... that would mean a new pc, and that would mean ArmA2 turn out to be a $500 game (if not more) iso $50.

It would also mean i suddenly would have 2 gaming platforms (360 and pc) and that is too much for my spare time.

I'll stick to 360, and hope for ArmA2/360

(there will be other games coming to 360 which are interesting. Not only DR but e.g. IL2:BoP or Forza3 heck even MW2 or BFBC2 ... Arma2/360 is on top1 on my list, but i'm not gonna give in and buy a complete new gaminmg platform for it ... that is a thing of the past for me:))

I don't know how you guys could play a game like this on a console... cough up and get a real gaming machine :D

I don't know how you guys could play a game like this on a console
As for Arma2 ... you are right, we can't (yet?)
get a real gaming machine :D

360 is made for gaming. A pc is made for wordprocessing.

(of course when you throw enough money into the pit you can game on a pc, but it will never reach the costeffectivity of 360 gaming, how could it, 360 is pratically free these days:))

cough up
Indeed, cough up cash and time. I gave it up long ago:)

I don't know how you guys could play a game like this on a console... cough up and get a real gaming machine :D

I wouldn't buy a pc just for one game , i mean a xbox 360 is even cheaper then a good graphics card , plus the 360 runs games much better than a pc and i will not have to upgrade every two years of so , i noitce the faster the pc you have

the most kills or better gaming experience a person has ...

lol the xbox 360 is even like my telephone as many of my friends have one , all built into one small box all i need is a television ....

I will be upgrading when the next xbox is released ..........

Let's assume this thread is for people who want to play ArmA2 on 360, thus discussions such as "get a PC" are irrelevant and will be considered spam.

No Xbox 360 vs PC arguments. It never gets anywhere, and is basically just a waste of bandwidth. If you really want to convince each other, invite each other to your houses and play each platform for yourself. ;)

Ok, I own a PS3 (dont flame) but I read this thread every day for any sort of hints of a console version of ARMA 2.

I could not help but notice that this thread has been un-stickied.

Why?

Ok, I own a PS3 (dont flame) but I read this thread every day for any sort of hints of a console version of ARMA 2.

I could not help but notice that this thread has been un-stickied.

Why?

Look again my friend!

Maybe more hints will come when all the PC markets are done just a few more weeks.

I feel in my bones we will have a console game by the end of the summer if not before X-MAS season. Only time will tell.

Lets all hope and pray even MR 76 will go down on his knees to help us wait, :eek: that's for something different :cool: lol. have a nice day.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Look again my friend!

Maybe more hints will come when all the PC markets are done just a few more weeks.

I feel in my bones we will have a console game by the end of the summer if not before X-MAS season. Only time will tell.

Lets all hope and pray even MR 76 will go down on his knees to help us wait, :eek: that's for something different :cool: lol. have a nice day.

I'd love your bones to be right, I think Xmas is possible but I could see it almost early next year as well. I hope we're both wrong and it comes out in 2 weeks :D lol

wouldn't surprise me if the game came out this month for xbox 360 , .. CZ have their own publisher and it states summer 2009.... (505 games may well release the game after the PC regions have been completed) not that i am saying 505 games will publish this game for the xbox ??? who knows? ..... ...

Edited by cnickcj

It'll probably come out a few weeks after it comes out for PC i tink

N a next year would be an over-exageration, either this summer or Autum

N a next year would be an over-exageration, either this summer or Autum

no way, they have to fix too many things before they can release it on a console.

I have ArmA II on my crappy PC. I think it needs to be optimized for the 360, they need to map the controls, they need to change a lot of environmental stuff before they can release it. A 360 is a powerful machine, but PC's far outperform them and ArmA II destroys some of the High-End Computers. I think it will probably get released but I don't see it in at least 3 months. Either December or sometime in 2010.

Point
You mean, "Point?" My point being that either Bohemia Interactive plans to port the PC version over after release (meaning they have begun working on it) or they have been working on it alongside the PC version and have had some problems and thus were not able to release it with the PC version. ArmA II has been released for the PC by two publishers and BI has been silent about the console version(s). What does that tell you? Well there will be no release in June most definitely, odds are slim for July. So August there is a possibility, but like I said, ArmA II is a powerful game, can a 360 handle it, yes, but BI is going to have to optimize it well for the 360 and any other console for that matter and that takes a lot of time. And then they have to test it and than they have to publish it. It all takes time.

I have ArmA II on my crappy PC. I think it needs to be optimized for the 360, they need to map the controls, they need to change a lot of environmental stuff before they can release it. A 360 is a powerful machine, but PC's far outperform them and ArmA II destroys some of the High-End Computers. I think it will probably get released but I don't see it in at least 3 months. Either December or sometime in 2010.

Just like gta destroyed high end PC's but ran fine on a xbox ......

well they are going to release it before OFPDR thats for sure , marketing strategy says this will be the right time , look behond a game company and you have a investor or investment bank , what don't run like clock work don't run on time . ....

well they are going to release it before OFPDR thats for sure.

Well its not for sure and that's the point. In an ideal world I agree before OFP DR would be a good time...but without it even being confirmed it feels very far off to me.

I'm pretty sure the dev'd ArmA2 in parallel for PC and 360. If so, it would make sense to launch it on pc first. To get feedback, at patch it, and do the same for 360 version. Things like controls and load (max units and stuff like that) are prolly already fixed.

I think it comes down to finding a publisher. A 2010 release would be disappointing but otoh, with all the games coming in 2009: OFPDR, MW2, IL2BoP, Forza3, Bioshock2, ME2 ... look at the (my) list. A 2010 would perhaps be not so bad after all:)