Sign in to follow this  
[GLT] Legislator

The Crate 2 - an Armed Assault movie project

Great work! With you success.

Waitting for your movie premiere!

Heyho Fromz! :D I'm using your sound mod in the movie. Very good work you've done! :)

I'm sorry to say that I'm a little bit busy right now. Not much progress had been done since my last post but the release in summer 09 is not in danger I think. I'll plan in some time for tomorrow. The major problem is the final battle .. I don't want to show something ordinary. It's hard to beat some of the other scenes I've already created so I need some ideas first.

Chapter 17 is finished. Its length is more than 8 minutes ... only chapter 18 and the outro are unfinished yet ;)

Here are 4 screenshots for preview purposes.

pdvd000ikn.jpg

pdvd001til.jpg

pdvd002l.jpg

pdvd003wfc.jpg

Looking good ! :)

Looking forward to watch this movie! :D

The movie comes closer to release! Now the time has come to present the first/the last trailer! The movie is entering post production now.

xCIXuImFnuU

Updated 1st post on this thread :)

Nice use of the Postal 2 sounds.

The music makes the trailer great.

Excellent video editing, seems like a real movie trailer.

The only downside is that you used the default BIS soldiers.

But, the video itself is great.

Looking forward to the final release of the movie!

Edited by Laqueesha

Hi, i laughted alot with the 1St that i seen and with this 2nd trailer, looks very promissing,

and i support that language. "Im osama bin laden, and im an alcoholic...", it's just lovely... . Let's C ya

Thanks for your support!

I've watched it this weekend in full length :D 2 hours! The only thing that's bugging me are some scenes I did at the beginning. :rolleyes: Well ... I had to learn camscripting during the process and you'll notice the difference. Sorry for that. :p It's in postproduction now. I need some time to fix some minor subtitle errors and to upload the files. I'm trying to get a host on armaholic.com and Youtube at the beginning. The filesize will be approximately 2 GB :eek::o

Hmm, torrent distribution might come in handy for the possible HD-quality version?
I was thinking along the same lines. Are you making a higher-resolution version? If so, you might want to consider a resolution of 720x480 (standard NTSC DVD resolution, different for PAL) so your video can go straight to DVD. A DVD can hold around 2 hours of video I think?

I record all my Arma gaming with Fraps at half-size (8xx by 5xx resolution) and then, if the footage/gameplay is good, I'll create a DVD movie out of it downsizing to 720x480. DeVeDe is a great tool for that.

I got tired of compressing, down-sizing, cropping, shortening, lowering bitrates and editing out footage to make things "reasonable" in size (in other words really small and crappy-looking). I then moved on to creating very short movies of "cool events" (e.g. 3 AI firing Stingers at a Kamov at once) at very high resolution (1280x800 or higher). I then said the hell with editing and now, if the mission gameplay is good, I'll turn the whole damn mission into a DVD movie - ArmA looks so much better on the "big screen".

It's just that with a 2-hour long ArmA movie, distribution is going to be a real challenge!

Edited by DesertJedi

I know :o

Now there will be only two versions - Youtube quality (*buaks*) and the High-Res which everyone will get. I've got some minor problems with some video lags but I will resolve them in a matter of days.

To keep you warm I uploaded the original video project made for OFP in 2006 to Youtube. It's totally ridiculous compared to current videos :D At least is has some nostalgic moments.

E7jJWJDUWPc

eCAw3clsChg

fyg6rdnwWAM

Zd7uo_AiYTA

tAK8kJd9C1k

vfjjDzcHwog

I've updated the first post.

hi guys

Awesome movie The Crate (ofp)

I never had the chance to see until now

and looking forward for The Crate II

regards

Sorry but somewhere in the proces the files got corrupted so I removed the download links.

This evening I start the whole process of packing/splitting up and uploading again. Hopefully this time without errors :(

Youtube is disabling my audio layer ;) I don't want this to be so I'll have to check out something else.

Torrent would mean I have to leave my PC active when I go to work. Sorry, can't do that. Too expensive for the energy costs. If Foxhound or anybody wants to do a torrent distribution he is free to do so.

Nice link. Expect it still doesn't work.

Error:

"The archive is either in unknown format or damaged."

I tried to open the first part with winrar.

Edit:

Disregard that. My life sucks. Link works.

Edited by metsapeikkoo

I've downloaded the 3 main files but can't open them. What program do you use to watch them?

P.S I dl the deleted scenes 7z file as well and had no issues watching it.

You really don't wanna have such a low quality ;) Even if I reduce resolution to 320x200 the file would be bigger. I tried several codecs and choose the one that fits quality & size.