Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH Aks pack 2.0

Can someone explain to me what "SoldierPB.scope" is? I saw the hotfix update on Armaholics, but I don't have any clue as to what that code refers to. Is it important to have this hotfix when only the weapons are used and not the soldiers of this mod?

@Robert Hammer: thanx for the hotfix.Really apreciate it.

From RobertHammer's answer i get that if you don't have Queens gambit you get that error.Although it's minor it was kind of annoying having that message pop up every time u wanna place a unit.

wink_o.gif

@Robert Hammer: thanx for the hotfix.Really apreciate it.

From RobertHammer's answer i get that if you don't have Queens gambit you get that error.Although it's minor it was kind of annoying having that message pop up every time u wanna place a unit.

wink_o.gif

No doubt. Minor error indeed, but hella annoying at times.

The QG thing would answer it. I was using vanilla ArmA Gold. I probably should've mentioned it from the beginning. biggrin_o.gif

great addon, loving the new pack.

one thing tho, the 5.45 bakelite magazines on the 74's are too big (wide) and aren't as accurate as they can be in size. will you consider correcting that in a future release?

<s>Is there any way of fooling ArmA into thinking I still have the 1.09 config, cause I cant continue any of my previously played missions, even ones not using the AK pack!</s>

Is there any way of fooling ArmA into thinking I still have the 1.09 config, cause I cant continue any of my previously played missions, even ones not using the AK pack!

I don't think so. I ran into this problem too. I had to wait to use the new version until I finished the mission I was playing. sad_o.gif

Too late. Fixed it. Want the "shell" of a PBO I created to fool ArmA into thinking I had it, without it conflicting? =D

If you still have any problems, and want it, Ill message you a link. Was REALLY simple.

Too late. Fixed it. Want the "shell" of a PBO I created to fool ArmA into thinking I had it, without it conflicting? =D

If you still have any problems, and want it, Ill message you a link. Was REALLY simple.

Sure. I'd like to see what you did. Thanks.

Well, it was really simple. All I did was create a config claiming to be the rh_aks_109cfg config, that doesnt really do anything >.<

PBO it, and you're done. Small insegnificant file. In the long run it might cause more problems, but for now its OK.

I dont even know jack about ArmA configs so.. It sucks. Bad. But it gets the job done. Im embarressed to even show anyone. heh.

Somethings wrong with the RK95 Aimpoint model. I'll try to get a picture of the bug later, but if I tried to describe it:

a 1 meter long, tube shaped volumetric light coming out of the aimpoint sight.

Thats because the aimpoint is made to try and simulate the way a real aimpoint works. I cant remember the word for it, but in ArmA is basicaly makes that "texture" you're describing.

The "paralax" effect causes a wierd bug caused by the use of an alpha texture... most EoTech and Aimpoint weapons have this bug which is a cost to have realistic weapon sights that have the paralax.

Found some aiming bugs. If you try to shoot a soldier from 70-100 meters using AK-74SU w/PSO scope, you need to aim at his belt to get a headshot.

The RPG scope is totaly wrong too, unfortunately. You have to aim at the middle of the reticle squares, instead of the top. Such a good pack, but these little bugs are killing it!

Very small suggestion too, if there are any plans for 3.0 version. The iron sight of the Abakan is SO small, like a little niddle! Very hard to aim. Just a suggestion.

Quote[/b] ]If you try to shoot a soldier from 70-100 meters using AK-74SU w/PSO scope, you need to aim at his belt to get a headshot.

That's not a bug. What distance is the PSO sight calibrated for? It certainly isn't 70 - 100m. Any rounds you fire at a distance closer that what the sight was calibrated for will strike above the reticule.

This is because the distance which the PSO is sighted for is the distance where the bullet fired hits in the exact centre of the sight. The PSO is a long-range scope, so this distance is likely to be around 500m at a guess. It's certainly going to be much farther than 70 - 100m.

Does the Terrorists skins replace Opfor side, if not could you make a Pack that would replace the Opp side? I would love to play ArmA against Terrorists on Warefare.

Cameron, I didn't get your point. Why would you want to sight the scope to a long range in this game??? Any scope is sighted to 25-50 meters. Then you just use the scope reticle to shoot at the long range target (you just go lower and lower down the reticle to aim at long-range targets) . This pack seems to do exactly the opposite. Some of these scopes are sighted-in to a 100-150 meter range, which makes it extremely hard to use for shorter distances. You need to shoot way BELOW the reticle to score a hit! This is rediculous! If this is some sort of a new way of modern shooting I am totaly confused by it!

In the RPG-7 reticle you sight it in to 50 meter shot at the top of those squares, not the cross and definately not the middle of the reticle (like in this pack). That's all, no big mistery here. The further the target, the lower you go down the reticle (which lifts up your barrel and makes a longer shooting ark for the grenade) . Correct me if I am wrong please.

Any scope is sighted to 25-50 meters.

No, most scopes are zeroed between 150 and 300 m. Longer out you need to compensate up, closer down. That is normal. You dont need or want a scope at 25-50 m.

How would you sight a scope to 150 meters if you can't see that far with a naked eye? When you put a scope on the rifle, you need to make 3-4 controled shots at a target using just iron sight. When you make a grouping on that target, you then sight your scope to that grouping. After, you can start sighting a scope to longer ranges.

Any scope is sighted to 25-50 meters.

No, most scopes are zeroed between 150 and 300 m. Longer out you need to compensate up, closer down. That is normal. You dont need or want a scope at 25-50 m.

That's not true. Because a bullet travels up, then down, you zero the scope at 30 meters. The bullet travels up to the zero point. It keeps moving up, so that at 150 meters, it's about 1.5 feet over where you're aiming, and at 300 meters, it's falling right through the point where you're aiming at.

So he is correct, most sights are zeroed at 25-30 meters, because of the ballistic trajectory of the rounds. biggrin_o.gif

So he is correct, most sights are zeroed at 25-30 meters, because of the ballistic trajectory of the rounds.  biggrin_o.gif

Haha, thats true biggrin_o.gif But thats about it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]How would you sight a scope to 150 meters if you can't see that far with a naked eye?

Umm if you can't be beyond 200m there is something seriously wrong with your eyes.

Quote[/b] ]When you put a scope on the rifle, you need to make 3-4 controled shots at a target using just iron sight. When you make a grouping on that target, you then sight your scope to that grouping. After, you can start sighting a scope to longer ranges.

That generally happens when you shoot targets at a set distance and at most ranges dont go over 200m or so (i think). But with military weapons you set iron sight to about 100m-200m and dont change it. Same goes for most 4x scopes on assault rifles (acog, PSO). Sniper rifles are a slightly different affair but a PSO for an AK, on a battlefield is likely to be set to 100m-300m.

I also think the top cheveron is meant to be 100m and the one underneath is 200m, then 400m etc.

I'm not sure it's accurate to say most scopes are zeroed in at 25-30m. 25m-30m is good in certain cases but for others not so much. There a few other variables that should be considered but not necessarily a requirement.

You should take into account the distance you plan to shoot, the type of ammo/rifle, the type of scope, the situation, the shooters physical attributes and others.

Personally, I rarely use the 25-30m range unless it's a fairly short shot and a slower fps round.(Especially for my Barrett.) This leads to the real point of my post. Ceterus paribus, it's a matter of personal preference.

Others may disagree but then again that's the point. 25-30m is fine if that works for the shooter but others may not find this range sufficient. To each his own. wink_o.gif

I'm not sure about you but I can still see the shot pattern from a 12ga (8 shot 1350fps load) at 30m, granted it's damn near on the ground but it's there. I don't think it's a stretch to say most people should be able to easily see well past 150m.

Manzilla, this is a military sim, and my argument comes from my service in the US Army.

We zeroed our sights on the M-16 rifle to 30/300 meters, since that's about where the Krasnovians would be most of the time (According to military planners, anyway).

The US Army is fighting a different type of war right now, so that may have changed, but as far as I know, 30/300 meters is accurate for Iron Sights.

Also, when I was in most soldiers weren't issued any kind of optics, but you could customize your own rifle somewhat in my unit (I just had a bipod, hadn't bought an ACOG yet by the time I got out, since I was the 240B gunner in my section, and that was my primary weapon anyway).

Keep in mind, though, this is all just for the US Army, might vary by branch or country.

I should of specified that I was ONLY talking about the Russian optics. Friend of mine owns a business and he sells Russian POSP 4x24, 6x24, 6x42 and 8x42 scopes (or PSO scopes). He also sells Kobra and some other red dot (can't remember the name). I used to go and shoot with him, so I learned how he sights the scopes. So I imagine that's how the Russins sight them in.