Sign in to follow this  
GuyKorn

Is anyone going to boycott bis add-ons?

I think alot are going to due to the Oxygen thing going on.

Definitely not! I think BIS made the right decision and besides this resistance expansion pack is going to be more than just some new vehicles.

We will get a new map with nice looking trees smile.gif and high res textures and most importantly…new net code!

It's bound to happen at some point. Regardless of what BIS has done for them.

Nevertheless, I expect BIS have already anticipated the consequences of their decision.

Forgive me for being blunt here.......

"Is anyone going to boycott bis add-ons?"

Fuck No smile.gif

I waited all my life for this game and it keeps on getting better, if I have to pay for addons I certainly don't mind, if they're quality I'll buy them, if not I won't.

well..AxleOnline went off and started ranting about how BIS sucks, but most ppl who got OFP want to play, not mod.

It's a disappoint for alot of ppl, but I seriously doubt if they are going to boycott BIS add-ons for fee, if there are any.

I dont see reasons why to boycott BIS, even though in my opinion their decision about the oxygen/visitor release matter wasnt the best. Its the only negative thing I see from BIS, everything else rock, they made a superb game and have given it superb support.

"It is no use to create this poll"

Why dont we just try to be positive thinking and be patient. They will release the tools (visitor and oxygen) soon. Also we wil have a top quality addon.

Regards,

Icabola

PS. What I really afraid that many OFP sites will be closed soon or later......thats all

I am disappointed at AxleOnline mad.gif They used to be a good site but now this, they have sunk to the level of other whiners and forgotten the good things BIS has done.

BIS IS A BUSINESS! Nothing more, nothing less. We need to get that into our heads. As far as I can see they don?t owe us anything except patches to fix the bugs. I feel that they do owe us that. As far as add-ons are concerned, they are a bonus for us. The tools fall in the realm of add-ons. When you buy a TV, Automobile, House or anything else, you don?t expect them to give you new features when the company develops them.

We do however have the right to expect them to fix what is wrong with the product that we bought.

From what I?ve seen, the majority of the consumer base for computer games is filled with kids and spoiled whiners who need to get a perspective on the way consumerism works.

I have been impressed with the way that updates have come out at regular intervals and that BIS has, so far, given us extras to boot. It would have been all to easy for them to just make patches and put all of the add-ons into OPF2.

Well I'll be leaving now and I'll take my soapbox with me.

Thank you!

I can't belive what I see... BIS decides to not make a public release of Oxygen at this point,, and now people start to talk about boycotting future products by BIS...

That's just low...

Kinda like AxleOnline who ones was a loveley site,, but now the people there have really showed their ,, ehhr.. yeah,, their greedy rightful face. I don't like that kind of stuff. turning your back on people.

BIS decision about oxygen haven't changed any of my thoughts about OFP, BIS or any other form person(s)/products.

llame... mad.gif

Its nice to see that most of the community have voted no smile.gif

Only the ***** have voted yes.

What would be the point of boycotting BIS addons anyway?

Since BIS made that annoncement they have gone up to the top of my most respected list biggrin.gif

Also they are not entitled to give anyone oxygen or new patches and fixes for free. Shows how kind they are.

Jeez, some people are real babies. Like so many other people in this thread has said. They don't owe us some mod tools.

Plus, I would prefer that all future mods are dealt with by quality mod makers.

Not in every Tom dick and harries hands. Keeps the quality up.

And honestly what I think they owed me when I payed for the box, is the game. That's it.

I would be content with just the non-multiplayer aspect of the game, cause that's all I payed for. All the multiplayer stuff, that's just a big bonus.

"As a community I suggest we boycott all Add-Ons BIS releases. Screw a petition, if you don't know already that just won't cut it. Show them what would be "really beneficial" to the whole community and don't buy anymore of their products until they release the modeling tools."

-axleonline.com

What a bunch of bullshit I used to like those guys over at axle but now i cant see why i ever did. Bis shouldnt have to release their tools, maybe they dont want ofp to be destroyed by 10 year olds making pointless mods. Or maybe they dont want you to have to download 10 different mods just to join an mp game. I totally agree with what bis did. I will get resistance on the day it comes out.

I'm not going to boycott biss add-ons. Why would i do that? confused.gif I think BIs made the right decision about its tools.

I really can't say anything to the decision not to release the mod tools, before I see how it all turns out. But at first glace it doesn't seen wery smart to me.

But to the issue at hand: This poll is useless.

Members of this forum represent the wery heart of people playing Flashpoint. Hardcore players if you may.

I really don't think that the resistance will sell as well as the original Flashpoint.

And if the resistance alters graphics and network code, it will no longer be compatible with the original one.

If the upgrades in the resistance (without the new campaign) are not made freely available for dowload, it will divide the already small Flashpoint player community into two: to people with resistance and people with the original. New addos are being made for the resistance version, but not to the original. The people playing the original will get bored and stop playing, shrinking down the community even more. Ending up with the 46 people currently voted "No" in this forum playing amongst themselves.

Will I be forced to buy the Resistance inorder to keep playing?

Will I be able to connect to Resistance version server with my original Flashpoint?

What happens when there is a mission that uses a wehicle that is in the Resistance but not in the original?

Here's my vote:

This is the most stupid poll I've ever seen. That is indeed something in itself

It's their damned right to make some money with their software, before giving away their own toos for free...

I can't and won't blame BIS for acting like businessmen...

I hope this new netcode will be in a patch as well, cause I'm gonna be really pissed if I have to buy a expansion pack to get the original game to work the way is supposed to

I say we all boycott AxelOnline from now on. They just shot themselves in the foot by being such babies. Watch the site traffic go down now. HAHAHA

By the way, Puma, do you really believe that there are many mod makers in the OFP community that DON'T post on this forum? There's not that many, and they are the only people who will boycott the products.

But what about all those regular people out there who only want to play the GAME and don't care about all those uselss addons being made? There are HELL of a lot more of THEM, and they sure as hell won't be boycotting the products.

The multiplayer community will do nothing but GROW with the release of Resistance because of the reworked netcode. The current netcode is what's keeping so many people away, so I welcome the release of Resistance and welcome any new people who want to play.

BIS has every right to not publish o2 to the public.

I have every right to not like it as a consumer.

I may choose to complain about it (not productive), or

I can mark where I stand by not buying their products.

AxleOnline's suggestion is perhaps somewhat radical for the average OFP user who is not affected directly by the descision. This is not true for the people who had plans to perhaps do some small-time modelling.

I understand that BIS might want to keep its software that they spent years writing. That argument is ok with me. Perhaps they should have not gone out and said that they would release it, but shit happens.

What I cannot understand is the OFP users who cheer this descision. You have been denied something, and you say that it is great. The arguments about crappy mods polluting the game are pure bullshit but I'm not going to repeat the arguments that have been said in other threads.

You could use the same argument on the mission-editor:

"We don't want the mission editor, because it results in many

user-made crappy missions". So true, and so irrelevant.

I for one am going to "boycott", if you will, upcoming BIS releases. This is not so much out of principle, but because of the fact that oxygen was required to sustain my interest in OFP.

Placebo could've not said it any better.

Fuck no.

That's my opinion too. Compare the amount of support from BIS to some other game and development team. BIS has done an outstanding work and they actually listen to us. How many times have we pointed out some bugs and wishes for improvements and how many times they have listened to us? Joystick throttle issues, dedicated servers, walking, kneeling, free add-on vehicles and weapons... The list goes on.