Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

USMC AAVP7A1- by Dave8 (Operation Code Blue)

i first decided to post some pictures of my work on this model, but i think i'll release it as it is, because i have bigger work to do for other mods.

i modified a bit the model, replaced the tracks, antennas with stuff from BIS vehicles, and added a few things too (back door, bars on the side, etc...).

i managed to have a single texture file (beside dependencies on BIS vehicles)+normals+specular

now the bugs biggrin_o.gif :

- tracks do not animate (i copy paste them from m1a1 this morning)

- i messed on the config file, so the turrets make funny things (i think it is related to animation's rotation X or Y)

- textures not applied correctly next to gunner's turret

- others i don't remember

- i didn't modify the inside

- no shadows

i made three versions :

- woodland camo without EAAK

- woodland camo with EAAK

- desert camo with EAAK

that should be optimised using hiddenselection, but i didn't have the time to check how it is done in arma

DOWNLOAD IT

update : here are the .psd DOWNLOAD THEM

edit : ingame screenshot

Is this an edited version done with the ok from miles? (see readme of the original release).

I tried to PM miles but his PM box is full so thats why I ask it here.

Here is an updated version of Kikill's version by John Ka.

However it should be known that these versions still need plenty of work and at the moment I perfer the original woodland texture as it had more detail.  But Kikill's release was meant for others to work on as far as further improving the textures.  I wanted to post John Ka's updated version as it includes several improvents including working dampers on the wheels.  

So if anyone can do further improvements please knock yourself out but let me know if you can so I can inform others who might want to work with you on improving it.

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/milesteg/kll_aavp7a1Ver2.7z

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

d'oh!

If it was UV mapped I would take a run at the textures. Anybody want to UV map?

If it was UV mapped I would take a run at the textures. Anybody want to UV map?

Panda[PL] showed some UV creation lately in the discussion forum.

I am rather busy lately, but his Xnormal sounds good to me. I noone else takes the UV creation job, I may be able to check in a month or so whistle.gif

If only I could get my hands on a .psd file like this one:

Should be pretty easy: simply open the UV-editor in a high resolution desktop and make a screenshot.

Cut right below the left upper to right lower edge (inclusive the right lower edge) and resize this to match the texture size (1024x1024 or so).

I try to include such an image in my future addons .pbo's to ease retextes and so on (example pic)

:edit: Just checked Kikill's version and it includes _nohq and _smdi textures... I am a bit confused about the request for UV-maps huh.gif

Thanks modEmMaik, I know it's easy... confused_o.gif

Just to clarify:

What I meant is that I was referring to my recent work methods... working on what I'm given / prepared ->

original texture + .psd with mesh layer

Since using the (curseword) Vista can't get the packs to depbo and extract the textures myslelf in anyway... Frustrating, yet got used to it in the meantime crazy_o.gif

only the commander is fixed ? ore more ?

Hi, the fix was for the config of the tank, so every thing know work fine.Turret, tracks, dampers, hatches, proxies...

Hi, the fix was for the config of the tank, so every thing know work fine.Turret, tracks, dampers, hatches, proxies...

ok, the tracks are working fine now and the model is ok too

is there other updates coming ? for the interior and is there planned to use an other gunsight and commander sight ?

butt all of that is is an great mod .just good to see an other carrier transport thumbs-up.gif

ok, the tracks are working fine now and the model is ok too

is there other updates coming ? for the interior and is there planned to use an other gunsight and commander sight ?

butt all of that is is an great mod .just good to see an other carrier transport  thumbs-up.gif

Only if someone else picks this version up and further develops it.  

The textures are what need the most work as far as adding dirt, mud, scratches, etc.. to the textures and fixing the stretched textures on the turret side.  

However for the woodland texture version I liked the original texture most and hope that someone will keep that texture for the woodland version. It just has the issue with the transparent textures as they were OFP ports.

Anyone is welcome to improve it, but please let me know if you are working on it, so that I can tell anyone else who may be working on it so that possible you can work together on improving it.  Otherwise there's going to be a ton of different versions that all will have the same class names and thus screw each other up in any MP missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

i've updated my previous post with a link to the textures source files

Excellent job on the AAV7. I had wanted to finish the one I made for OFP, but never got a chance to. Glad to see one in ArmA! I have been using it in a few missions and it is working great!

Thanks!

Rothy

If someone could PM me the texture file as a bitmap, then I could possibly make a more detailed skin, then send it back to be packed up.

I've done some texturing before, but have no experience with making/packing ArmA addons.

If someone could PM me the texture file as a bitmap, then I could possibly make a more detailed skin, then send it back to be packed up.

I've done some texturing before, but have no experience with making/packing ArmA addons.

You could dePBO the addon, and open the PAA files with photoshop. Need any help contact me by PM.

Thanks, got it figured out. I'll try to get something together... but the UV isn't the greatest, so we'll see how it turns out...

Thanks, got it figured out. I'll try to get something together... but the UV isn't the greatest, so we'll see how it turns out...

Damn this is nice to hear. Thanks for taking the initiative DerRelienT

What Manzilla said....I've been waiting a long time for someone to fix up this beast. I'm still trying to get ACE to include it in its next update. Hopefully your update will convince them to include it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>