Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

USMC AAVP7A1- by Dave8 (Operation Code Blue)

AAVP7A1_1.jpg

TO CELEBRATE THE 4th OF JULY

(American Independence Day)

****Operation Code Blue AAVP7A1****

This is a basic conversion of an old model that was never released in OFP mainly because Dave8

of Operation Code Blue ran out of time to work on it due to real life obligations. The model was given to a bunch of people to do something with it, but I got tired of waiting years (literally) for someone to finish it up so I decided to try my hand at making it work in ArmA.

Fortunately, I think overall I've been successful.  This is just a beta but it should be relatively bug free aside for some minor issues and the lack of a detailed cargo interior.

This addon includes two USMC AAVP7A1 APC's for use in ArmedAssault.  The normal version includes EAAK appliqué armor as used on most USMC AAV's today.  This provides enhanced protection from heavy machine gun fire and reduces dammage caused by RPGs.  The other version is an 1980's era original version without EAAK armor and thus with lower armor values.

Both are capable of carrying 24 infantrymen and are armed with a Browning M2 .50 caliber machine gun as well as the Mk-19 40mm automatic grenade launcher.  However, it is not meant to be used as a infantry fighting vehicle as a few RPG's will knock out these vehicles if they get too close to enemy anti-tank infantrymen.   The main strength of this vehicle is its ability to carry a large number of Marines with protection from small arms fire and artillery. It also has the ability to cross bodies of water however it should be noted that in the game, its water speed is very low so don't plan on swimming in from a boat unless someone figures out how to get it to move faster in the water.

Known bugs-  

1. Commander in 3rd person view and in turned out view can't look around.

2. Textures are very basic in the troop/cargo area and not attached to the crew areas.

3. No crew areas have been made.

4. Hatches don't have a hole in the top when crew members are in turned out position.

5. Moves very slowly in the water.

6. Still needs a shadow LOD.

Credits-

FULL CREDIT for this beautiful addon goes to Dave8 of Operation Code Blue (OFP) who long ago gave this addon to me to develop. All textures and modelling are by Dave.

Fixing up tons of bugs and converting to ArmA-  Miles Teg<GD>

*** If anyone wants to improve this addon, please contact me at miles_teg@hotmail.com

I'm looking for someone interested in making a desert texture for this bad boy as well as helping to minimize the number of textures used and doing some specular/normal mapping to it.

Also credit to BIS for the weapons, many its textures, and the whole game engine and tools that make this addon possible.

Disclaimer-

I nor Dave8 are responsible if this addon blows up your computer or causes you to join the United States Marine Corp.

Download:

AAVP7 Download

Semper Fi & Happy 4th of July!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Good to have for the USMC! Just fix up those things you already know about, maybe make the texture look a bit better, and this'll be mandatory for any mission editor doing marine stuff.

very cool

I would fix it if I were a texture artist. Hopefully a texture artist will come along and help me fix it up, then we can do an update and I'll add him (or her) to the credits.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wow))

thanxthanxthanx)

really big thanks for you hard and longwaiting job

what about desert version??

downloading now..

Sweet i've been waiting a long time for one of these babys. I'm going into the USMC 18xx next year so I have a good chance of being an operators on one of these babys. Thanks for all the hard work!

When I find a texture artist who can do it, then I'll have a desert version. But since I'm not a good texture artist, that'll have to wait until someone volunteers to make those textures.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

many, many thanks! soon is the USMC addon complete.

I hope that soon a desert version of the AAV `s. with Jonny `s desert Marines and Mateck` s desert M1A1 then the island Sakakah Al Jawf even more fun. smile_o.gif

When I find a texture artist who can do it, then I'll have a desert version. But since I'm not a good texture artist, that'll have to wait until someone volunteers to make those textures.

Desert version can easily be made by recoloring the original texture - http://i222.photobucket.com/albums....col.jpg

Although some new textures would be really cool indeed as the ones from ofp dont look that good anymore.

Is this the revive of CodeBlue btw? The OFP infantry was awesome thumbs-up.gif

This model still needs many improvements, but to allow a better/easier development:

[*]I spent a couple of hours merging the 'puzzled textures' in order to get only 2 Main Textures (instead of 75 textures) for a sake of performance and to make the model reach ArmA standards. /This will allow an easier retexturing as well (For further variants: Desert... etc)..

[*] Added Normal and Specular Maps.

[*] Reindented the config to make it user-friendly.

AAVP.jpg

AAVP2.jpg

Download

Regards,

TB

nice job! is a mistake? the chains reflected. transparency?

Thanks T-Bird.   I just woke up so I haven't had a chance to test it out.   Less textures should also greatly enhance performance so that is much appreciated, not to mention, as you said, that it'll make things easier for it to be improved upon.

By the way, the reason there are two .pbo's is because for the life of me, I couldn't get the second 80's version to work in the main config, so I just thought, "screw it, I'll make a second little config pbo for it".    Not a big deal, but thats why its there if anyone wonders.  

hrgiger:   By chains do you mean treads?  If they are reflective that's easy to fix.  Whoever updates it with desert textures just needs to remove the rvmat files from it.  

Also if someone makes a binarized version please sign as it as CB  (for Code Blue).  

Mr.Burns:  Unfortunately this isn't a revival of Operation Code Blue. Dave8, over 2 (maybe its been 3) years ago had asked me to finish this addon in OFP or to find someone to finish it up.  So I'm just making good on a promise, but just in ArmA.  Plus I REALLY wanted to see this beautiful model in-game.

But yeah, his infantry also really kicked ass.  Those however would be a bit tougher to convert to ArmA.  He also released those infantry to the public by the way (in his last release).

Alot of mods actually have this model, but I was getting sick and tired of waiting and waiting and waiting for them to release some version of it.  For all I know it was abadoned or lost by those mods.  So thats why I released this version.  If any USMC mods are going to use this version I just ask that you give proper credit first and foremost to Dave8 of Operation Code Blue, me for converting it (not easy as I'm a noob at this and it lots of stuff that needed fixing), and now Thunderbird84 for the texture updates.  Anyone who makes additional updates should be given credit as well.    

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg sorry, I meant not you. you have done fantastic work and a personal request from me is so true. I meant TB, because the image the chains look so transparent.

sorry for my bad English (google translator)

nice to see this released

thank you too the orig makers and of course miles for the conversion.

always loved the aav's,nice to see them in arma!

btw

thunderbird84 has that re-worked texture been deleted?

i can't d/l it

pm for you!

BiGGiBs

The download still works for me...but give me a minute and I'll update my download link with this new version. I just need to test it real quick.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Glad to see this released great addon.

Hmm... crap... textures on Thunderbird84's version are transparent on large sections.  sad_o.gif   I'm not sure how to fix that.  Hopefully T-bird can sort it out. Once that's sorted out, I'll update the original file with that one.

Also ArmA websites, please don't mirror yet until this texture issue gets sorted out.

Chris G

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hmm... crap... textures on Thunderbird84's version are transparent on large sections.  sad_o.gif   I'm not sure how to fix that.  Hopefully T-bird can sort it out.  Once that's sorted out, I'll update the original file with that one.  

Also ArmA websites, please don't mirror yet until this texture issue gets sorted out.  

Chris G

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Very cool affect though. You feel kind of naked riding around in it :-)