Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

USMC AAVP7A1- by Dave8 (Operation Code Blue)

T-bird's working on fixing the texture problem and hopefully should have that sorted out soon. Meanwhile I'm making a fairly decent mission for it with a massive battle that begins with AAVP7's hitting the beach with your Marines, linking up with RACS units, and a parachute drop by RACS commandos from a DC-3 as you retake the South Sahrani main airbase and begin the reconquest of Sahrani from the draconian SLA regime.

Its a massive "Ooorah!" battle just like Marines like it with SLA flanking your forces in a long brutal battle. I'm just fine tuning it right now and working on a intro cutscene and finding music and recording some voice soundFX for the mission.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

There would be an attempt to enhance/update/fix this model as a whole, including the textures which are actually very 'Low-Resolution'/A la OFP.

So, it would take longer than expected but we will ensure to bring you back this vehicle with a brand new lifting, as the model itself has a great potential but many aspects need to be seriously polished.

Regards,

TB

Ah ok.  Well at least until then my original version seems to be working fairly well in some very large missions that I'm doing.  If it's going to be awhile, I may release one more version with a few updates to the interior and a flag proxy added to it as I found out that alot of vehicles in ArmA are missing that.   I'm going to try and copy and paste the flag proxy from an infantryman to see if that works on vehicles without any wierd errors.  Ah nevermind...I found the flag proxy on some of the wheeled vehicles. whoo hoo! Hopefully it'll work on tanks.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ok, I finally finished my mission for it:

Operation Door Knocker

AAVP7A1_2.jpg

The mission features a cutscene movie with custom music and I recorded with my own voice a bunch of voices talking and stuff. Oh make sure to read the Notes on the mission briefing

smile_o.gif

The mission is fairly CPU intensive however as its a MASSIVE battle with hundreds of units. In the future I will make a leaner version with respawning units instead.

Also the only addon need is the AAV7 addon and Queen's Gambit for the DC-3. It also uses ArmA version 1.14.

Anyways here's the download:

Operation Door Knocker

Get Some!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles Teg,

Thank you for your persistence in finishing the AAVP. I say full credit should be given to you. Whenever I have free time, I can attempt to make some textures that would go well with the model (BIS M2 textures just don't cut it). I might even have a hand in making a few more soldier models and see how the public likes it. Once again, thank you for your time in making this possible. If you need anything regarding modding work, I'll try my best to help.

-"Dave8"

This is an vary nice add to the USMC side vary good add wink_o.gif Would be cool to have some side railing added to them and and new paint scheme desert and all. Vary nice add love it keep it up Miles Tag your work is all ways nice and good love the Lost Brothers Mod too keep up that work biggrin_o.gif

Miles Teg,

Thank you for your persistence in finishing the AAVP. I say full credit should be given to you. Whenever I have free time, I can attempt to make some textures that would go well with the model (BIS M2 textures just don't cut it). I might even have a hand in making a few more soldier models and see how the public likes it. Once again, thank you for your time in making this possible. If you need anything regarding modding work, I'll try my best to help.

-"Dave8"

i loved operation code blue for OFP, so some ocb units would be cool smile_o.gif

Miles Teg,

-"Dave8"

Dave! You're alive! Thanks for the kind words. Man, you should really carry on the Operation Code Blue Mod. Alot of people still remember your mod very fondly. There is a USMC mod out there working with the Project '85 mod, but sadly they decided to stick to making 80's equipment rather then modern stuff.

sad_o.gif

So yeah it would be great to see you back in action in ArmA as you were definitely one of the top modellers in OFP as this AAVP7 shows. All I did was just fix up a few things here and there and get the config stuff working.

Anyhoo...I hope you enjoyed the mission I made for it and I REALLY REALLY hope you get a chance to work on some ArmA soldier models especially international models with PDF texture files as the community is suffering from a lack of new infantry models. Some nice MICH helmets would be good to as I've yet to see any really good ones unless I missed one somewhere.

Anyhoo...welcome home Dave8!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles,

I've come across a weird glitch when I use this vehicle. I placed it in a mission I'm making and when I have my 5 man team enter, the gunner is sticking out of the hatch and the #5 man rides a long the outside of the vehicle.

The gunner seems to be located like the hatch was up but it occurs even when the gunner hatch is closed, the #5 man is just attached to the side, as if he was standing near by, hovering a few feet off the ground.

I'm thinking it is a conflict with SLX or one of the other AddOns/Mods I got running. I got a ton active so I'll try to eliminate them one at a time to see if anything else may be the culprit. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow.

Great AAVP7A1 bt the way. Thanks for bringing it over.

Miles,

I've come across a weird glitch when I use this vehicle. I placed it in a mission I'm making and when I have my 5 man team enter, the gunner is sticking out of the hatch and the #5 man rides a long the outside of the vehicle.

The gunner seems to be located like the hatch was up but it occurs even when the gunner hatch is closed, the #5 man is just attached to the side, as if he was standing near by, hovering a few feet off the ground.

I'm thinking it is a conflict with SLX or one of the other AddOns/Mods I got running. I got a ton active so I'll try to eliminate them one at a time to see if anything else may be the culprit. Hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow.

Great AAVP7A1 bt the way. Thanks for bringing it over.

Same with me, I'm also using SLX (along with a bunch of other addons) If you find a solution do tell us.

I wonder if it needs to be XEH compliant. If so, it's an easy fix.

That may be possible. I only tested it with Fromz's FFAMM sound mod as thats the only mod I use these days aside from the genre of addons that I have the AAV7 in (USMC stuff, Middle East stuff, etc...). If you know how to fix it to make it XEH compliant just PM me with a link to the update (or updated config file) or at least instructions on how to do it. Whatever the case I will update my main download as I also added flag positions on the model. I will release it as version 1.1 XEH compatible/with flag carrying capability.

Thanks for help fellas!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This is pretty cool addon, nice work! You dont need to make this XEH compliant atm as you aren't running any scripts using EH's. If you start to add scripts in any possible update then yes you will need to.

Mr Teg,

Very nice addon here i do enjoy using it, it is almost as good as another certain related games AAVP7A1

Very nice work,

blackknight63

This is pretty cool addon, nice work! You dont need to make this XEH compliant atm as you aren't running any scripts using EH's. If you start to add scripts in any possible update then yes you will need to.

But doesn't it conflict with content that does use scripts running EH's.

Miles's,

Here is an example that sickboy sent me a while back regarding the addition of XEH compatibility. I hope this helps.

Quote[/b] ] Changing EH system to XEH is basicly very simple. But you must keep class inheritance in mind.

Here an Example of how it should be done:

Original Config: http://pastebin.com/f71e60add

XEH'ed Config:

http://pastebin.com/f65a4d126

Difference Overview:

http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?diff=f65a4d126

I hope this will help you,

Cheers,

Sick

If it doesnt use any eventhandlers there is no need for XEH. If/when any eventhandler are added then make sure to make it XEH smile_o.gif

If it doesnt use any eventhandlers there is no need for XEH. If/when any eventhandler are added then make sure to make it XEH smile_o.gif

I'd say just add it anyways, just in case. From all I've been told it takes only a few minutes to add XEH.

Its great, I was awaiting this addon long time ago smile_o.gif the only prob is that its verrry slow in the water ;o

Well right now my main concern is finding out what addon or enhancement mod it is conflicting with that is causing those strange bugs. When I tested the addon I did not use any other mods other then Fromz's sound/enhancment mod.

I'll have to test it with the SLX mod to see if something in there is jacking it up. The bad news is that even if I find out what mod is conflicting with it, I'm not sure if I have the skills to fix the problem. Hopefully someone else with more config/modelling skills will see the problem and be able to update it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

maybe if you made new crew units it conflicts wiht ffn replacement mod (franze's f18 had this problem)

maybe if you made new crew units it conflicts wiht ffn replacement mod (franze's f18 had this problem)

I remember that problem. Unfortunately I haven't used it in a while.

But if I remember correctly, that was fixed by william1 adding XEH to it. But apparently XEH will not fix this problem or is of no use in this case.