Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact announces 3D Editor & more

:-) Like most of the functions done in seconds ...

Prefabs and Favorites do a real great job to create bunches of trees and foilage for different locations, you just use them with one of the brushfunction and get a real nice place in minutes instead hours or days (everytime swop over to bulldozer and back)

Simply "Just in time"

You can only scale in Visitor but not ingame :-(

I'm pretty certain the only scaling functionality in V3 is in the object type/object or object template parameters. This is a 'seed' value range. If you want a specific scale for a single object you have to alter these settings each time prior 'placing' an object and even then you can only go to 100% the size.

There is no 'scale' scripting ability in V3 script. And, there is no ability to 'scale' an already placed object.

However, you can alter the placed object's transform matrix externally in the .pew.

However, you can alter the placed object's transform matrix externally in the .pew.

OOOOOhhhhh !!! Idea idea !!!

Can a program be written to 1) open the .pew 2) search for all objects of type X 3) add random Tilt and/or scale etc within a users selected limits 4) resave the .pew ...... ?

(Backup before of course wink_o.gif )

This would allow us to "randomize" forests and bushes and rocks a little for example.

hmmm ... can it be that you describe the same thing as the quote with a lot more words ?  huh.gif

Scaling is (at least actual) only possible in Visitor and only manually.

Ok, it could be possible to alter values in the pew directy, but i suppose so that it is also possible direct in the wrp file so it's a very limited thing. tounge2.gif

No offence, but that is nothing would be handle in the 3DE and no one gets an nearly correct WYSIWYG,

so this technic is handle with care. wink_o.gif

@Gnat

I could bet that a random size of every trees of type xxx would kill a lot of locations use them,

if the autor decide to set this tree here !

Of cause, for forrests only it would be a wonderful thing, but the better way is when BIS build in the possibility to display object sizes ingame and code a command for visitor !  wink_o.gif

@[APS]Gnat... Yes, entirely possible - have already made some progs to do just that.

@Lester... I haven't kept a close eye on this thread but I assume that your 3DE effort will be doing the following...

ArmA/3DE

- Outputs a list of objects with there pos & orientation.

- Ultimately ends up as a 'populate' type of V3 script

V3

- Open the 3DE island that already has 'templates' defined for all the different objects.

- Run the 3DE script from step one thereby populating the island.

I was just pointing out to the general ArmA community that there probably isn't going to be any option to introduce 'scaling' of placed objects after 3DE's scripts have been run to populate the island.

Both your's and MCPXXL statements regarding 'scaling' I felt required a little clarification.

Also, as I pointed out earlier in this thread... you don't have to use V3 Script to populate your .pew.

You could get someone on your team or someone like vektorboson or anyone who can code to write a program that will give you the ability to...

1. Create or remove 'object templates' in the .pew as you want them.

2. Give you complete control over object placement. Position, orientation & scaling.

3. Be 10 times quicker than running the equivalent V3 script.

I realize it's too late for you to introduce this sort of program into your 3DE -> V3 pipeline, but unless BIS are going to make a few upgrades to V3 available to the ArmA community you may have to consider this method later on down the track to give your 3DE more control over how objects are placed into your .pew...

Just some thoughts. Good luck.

Sure Synide,

But this time we used only or better Silola used only the given Arma scriptsets.

There are thausends of ideas beleive me/us but the visitor export thing was namend by Silola as a feature "maybe possible sometime"

Suddenly it was faster implemented as we talked about.

Next will be to see what people can do with it and by the way i think u can see on all thiese pictures that scaling/pitch bank would only be an additional option to a well done Tool :-)

For me, i would like to have more :

Hills Stones "full textured,full sided"

functional combined houseparts

Many more static Objects (bottles,things, toolsets hammer etc)

real water

pitch bank

scaling

And these great old Ofp funktion with ID´s on every object :-)

and a lot of all these Synide and Vector´s in a team maybe for Arma1 and Arma2 :-)

MCPXXL

Quote[/b] ] Asking, because I really want to know, I just spent 2 hours on 20 wall sections for a town, and it gets tedious having to modify height and vectorUp for many of them, because Arma engine refuses to do anything but make a mess out of them..

That's history ... soon smile_o.gif

If You have the right object (MAP_EU has many of these),

then you can give such an action done in 10-30 seconds.

Greeting

Silola

Thanks m8 smile_o.gif

Thats sounds great, I'll never understand why the ofp system of wall placement was never incorporated into Arma? icon_rolleyes.gif

Thank you guys for your very hard work on this, Im very confident many folks will appreciate your hard work .. (like me tounge2.gif)

Gratz on nearing your first release of the mod smile_o.gif

to bad you can't get scaling objects to work in the 3d editor but I still feel very interested in this cool project. smile_o.gif

Btw how much faster is mission design going with this tool? biggrin_o.gif

@Commando

3DE isn´t a Mission Editor, but it helps you to realize things you see in real life much much faster then before.

I hope with more static objects comming we can do the most of things like seen in other games or real life. (every time with engine limitation).

Last days i had the plesasure to went shopping with my wife and saw something.

While driving back home it was clear that i would bring it into the island and it took me about 30-40 minutes.

But this time no picture to bring you some surprises nexte weekend.

welcome.gif

MCPXXL

3DE-Team "Maledive Islands" also done for the online-workshop

welcome.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Infos about the Online workshop will follow

3DE%20Team%20Insel.jpg

There is a major problem with ArmA concerning recreating real world locations and that's road networks, it seems that curve angles is hardcoded in Visitor which means you cannot shape road paths accurately to correlate with satellite imagery. VBS has a third party tool to do this, but ArmA doesn't. Will this Editor have any such capabilities?

Infos about the Online workshop will follow

looking forward to the event. smile_o.gif

I painted all streets in REALTIME and we can not see differences between "visitor placed" ones so far.

The "normal breakouts" like on original worlds also there, but often it maybe the DAC instruction to breakout, sometimes they are so fast that u have problems to follow them at their speed.

Again not ONE pice on the 3DE island ist set in Visitor directly.

The only thing we useed Visitor for was ,"found a missplaced object after some versions later" so we kill it simply and import this part again.

I surely made some sharp curves and they AI try to stay on them.

For me as player it also is an expirience to stay on those roads :-)

welcome.gif

MCPXXL

Sure

Island needs map_eu

map_eu needs Quens Gambit

Workshop needs Island

so YES

Since the beginning this was a mapfact statement

I'm sure you can get around that easily enough though, eh? smile_o.gif No need to limit this most certainly excellent tool to just people using QG for no apparently actual reason whatsoever. Or maybe I misunderstood?

Looking good otherwise. smile_o.gif

Regards,

Wolfrug

People will (have to) buy QG. Simple as that. wink_o.gif

As MCPXXL said - QG is a requirement.

5-15 Euro for QG should really be very well spent to use the 3DE

and islands made by it. icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm so disapointed about the fact you have to buy QG to enjoy 3DE. First because I think QG is not a "must have" as before Resistance was, then because I dont understand why QG is so essential... 30 models in QG that are not in Armed Assault. I'm surry but it did not worth the buy. Even if it's for using 3DE.

As MCPXXL said - QG is a requirement.

5-15 Euro for QG should really be very well spent to use the 3DE

and islands made by it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ever heard of personal preference?

While Mapfact and you dont have anything against QG, others simply do. Cant we all just live in peace together w/o you guys always tellin us how 5-15 quid dont make a difference?

I really dont think that its about the money for most of us non-lovers.

Having said that, i´m also looking forward to the workshop thumbs-up.gif

Already seen raptor ordering QG just for this event lmao, hopefully it´ll be as much fun as it sounds.

Will there be any regulations or limitations as to what/how we can build?

And will you set up a webcam in the RZ so we can see the server going up in flames in realtime once the hordes start flooding the islands with objects? biggrin_o.gif

haha would be awesome to see how much arma server can take it before it burns down during the use of 3de crazy_o.giftounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

i have QG already so no problemas wink_o.gif

I hate you annoying QG whiners, I can't count the hours I've spent creating content to replace quality stuff which was originally intended to be QG. Sure my stuff is shit compared, but I did it for your greedy ass sake, please shut the fuck up, you're getting more than you deserve from the community for free.

I hate you annoying QG whiners, I can't count the hours I've spent creating content to replace quality stuff which was originally intended to be QG. Sure my stuff is shit compared, but I did it for your greedy ass sake, please shut the fuck up, you're getting more than you deserve from the community for free.

It´s sad hearing that you hate us (hard word rly), but be assured we love you for all the new buildings and your excellent <s>islands</s> map´s biggrin_o.gif

After all it´s neither your nor our fault, just some bad planning by the guys way above as far as i can tell.