Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact announces 3D Editor & more

Short follow up. SVN seems like a decent option to manage

the backups and automate the wrp+dem file sharing. smile_o.gif

No you can´t do it thats right.because no scripting thing for it

But if needed make some copys of the trees you need

And after import use the visitor funktion to use the sizezs only on this trees.

We did it for random angles of trees and some random sizes

This is in some way "terrible".. there should be an script to do this. Its really necessary. Hope someone think of this request.

edit: typo

Sure but Engine limitations can´t be fixed Sorry

You guys are awesome. I love mission editing so i egally await the New Editor Update/Upgrade. The new Objects looks awesome too. notworthy.gif

Will this editor be purely object placement or also unit placement?

Have you considered using an external application that can convert said txt files or viz scripts into the mission sqm file? I guess once you have the classnames, pos, dir and a few other things the ap shouldn't be all that hard to code, just the item numbering could be problematic, but then again that can be checked. Then the mission maker could simply reload his sqm or merge it with another sqm, or something like it, so that you can do other things with the objects on map, in the mission editor. Or is this already implemented?

LOL, you should re-read the text maybe:

1. The Editor is only for objects.

2. It can create sqf file which will build your projects 1:1 in a mission. wink_o.gif

NO MISSION.SQM

AND NO Realtime Missionbuilder like VBS2 once again

No not planned yet

Watching the demo video i just sat here shaking my head and giggling over the overall awesomness of what you have created notworthy.gif

That pretty much sums it up. Phenomenal to say the least.

That map is gorgeous as well. Any change you can tell us the size of the stunningly realistic looking beast?

At first this only a map to show the options of 3DE.

We made it not so big because it shall be come with the 3DE.

And not wasting time with a finished 3DE but holding it back from release because the island isn´t ready.

MCPXXL

to be honest, don't worry if the island is ready or not..

the important now is to work hard on the tool, it will be extremely useful.

I really hope your guys don't wait for the island to be ready to release the tool.

I really hope your guys don't wait for the island to be ready to release the tool.

Well for one he just said thats the case.

But Patience is key, Mapfact are renowned for 110% perfection. So when they do release we know it will be a finished product notworthy.gif

Hmm, I guess this is meant more for island editors than mission editors? In both cases I think it can come in handy.

As for unit placement, I was asking because it might be difficult to setup guards in towers when you don't know where exaclty on map the tower is going to be, if you're working with just the mission editor and not scripting them.

Hello,

many thanks for your positive comments smile_o.gif

@[APS]Gnat

----------------

Quote[/b] ]Hope it has a object preview system before placement ....

Gnat, have you viewed the video? That should answer your question, right? If not, I like to explain again smile_o.gif

@gunterlund

---------------

Quote[/b] ]Great job Silola. I know you mentioned you stopped work on DAC to do another project and this must be it.

Very good stuff. I wish you would have checked on some of the memory issues in DAC in particular the game

crashing due to lack of memory. But this project is a fitting replacement.

Sorry gunterlund, it's not easy, to supervise 2 large projects with the same intensity :-/

I think that the memory error is not a specific DAC error.

The error is possibly through the achievement of limitations, or due to faulty Addons.

We never had such errors. For example, the 2-part mission from MCPXXL runs without any problems, although the DAC heavily used.

@MehMan

-------------

Quote[/b] ]One question, will this be expanded to also include units?

The editor supports currently no AI units, but the placement of empty vehicles and other units is possible.

It is also conceivable that specifically for these units creates a separate project.

For such a project a mission script can be generated. For each object, a init line can be saved.

That makes sense only in conjunction with a generated SQF script, and not with a generated Visitor script.

In the lower picture you can see that the 3DE still have 3 free layers available, which for future extensions can be used.

There are already many ideas on how these gaps could be filled ;-)

menueqt9.jpg

Quote[/b] ]The MP editing aspect just made me go what what what, that seems so unreal, and so GOOD, awsomely good, that it might be just so awsome.

It's like extra interactivity and might be quite a huge step forward, and imagine a group of editors using ingame VON creating

an island and speeding up the process by not having to post visitor screenshots and just doing quick work, sharing ideas and so on!

This sound genuis and I'm sure it will find much use with dedicated island creators.

We make exactly this at the moment with 4 participants and this work gives us a lot of fun biggrin_o.gif

@bravo 6

--------------

Quote[/b] ]PS - one Idea: release a beta so people can start working with it on their maps and missions, and later update with newer version,

it also could give time for the community to report bugs aswell.

That's our plan bravo. However, the beta version must be finished first.

Quote[/b] ]Example: you put a tree in editor and resize it from 100 to 50, when the tree objects are imported to Visitor3 will they keep the 50 size?

Or will do like in Visitor (not keeping the desired size)?

The import to Visitor happens in 2 steps:

In the first step the Templates are imported from the Visitor script.

If the Templates are imported, the settings could be carried out in it.

Then in the second step, the objects are imported/generated from the Visitor script and brought in position.

If other projects are imported later, only the not available Templates are imported.

The old Templates are preserved with her settings.

You must set every imported Template only just once. This action is a very good compromise as I find.

sector1nbd.jpgsector2ej5.jpg

Greeting

Silola

Gnat, have you viewed the video? That should answer your question, right? If not, I like to explain again smile_o.gif

Yes, thank you, finally managed to get the big download video smile_o.gif

Can't wait biggrin_o.gif

Awesome.jpg

oh man.. oh man

*Drools*

*Drooling some more*

very happy with the reply and also glad for the beta after all wink_o.gif

I'm not sure if was visible in the video but, Silola, can we change the size of the object with this tool?

Or is it just placing and moving around?

I ask this because the new pic with the rocks took my attention this and thought if will be very useful.

Hi,

the size of an object is changed only in Visitor.

The stones are new (old) objects by Lester.

These stones are available in different sizes.

Really wonderful objects (thanks to BIS) wink_o.gif

Bye

Silola

Best news for map maker since Visitor 3 is out. Effectively the worst for me was to have a tool very powerfull and with unlimited capabilities but very consuming of time (especially road net when you are using a real sat map). I am very exited ! I hope this wonderfull tool will be realased soon ! yay.gif

when I think how time consuming it is to place objects in visitor...

great idea, great realisation, looks perfect !

This might very well bring map making to a whole new level, congrats to Silola and all involved  smile_o.gif

I hope it´s release will be the beginning of a big library.

There are so many objects always in Arma includet that only have to be cutted out and make them standalone.

We have done terrible things to Lester so far (I need this and this and this and this also) but now we have to close our internal wishes before he jumpes out of his window.

(Maybe first floor only... but who cares ?)

;-)

This is simply fantastic, Silola. You've really done a fantastic job. Watching that base being built from start to finish was glorious.

I'd love to see some of the "Wackier" things testers have made. When I saw all of the new custom objects, the first thing I wanted to do was build a huge treehouse.

How long has this been in the making for? The amount of detail and customizeability in this is downright awe-inspiring.

Really cool, perhaps I should finally buy Arma  biggrin_o.gif

This reminds me of something we semi-realized for OFP (@Silola: remember?)

I liked how you used 'wall parts' to create a 'building' 'The Sims'-style (the crazy guy in me says: Use this to create buildings which can then be converted into a P3D).  tounge2.gif

hi vektorboson,

certainly I remember our short cooperation smile_o.gif

The whole project was very innovative and very interesting.

It would be very nice if I could encourage you to buy Arma thumbs-up.gif

And I am sure that you crazy guy in the situation are, your great ideas into reality whistle.gif

Greeting

Silola

very impressive. i can understand exactly how much effort you have put into this... when you go about generating your visitor3 import data there maybe an additional option for you to populate the .pew directly by creating the templates & object instances etc. with an external application.

This may afford you greater flexibilty in placement, scale & orientation and also speed that the V3 script engine doesn't currently provide. (I recently had to insert 240,000 objects into a .pew and via V3 script it took 15-20 mins, by inserting the objects through an external application it took about 30 seconds and gave me the oppotunity to 'scale' the objects as desired - something V3 script doesn't currently provide).

Just a thought...

Your vid. shows what object placement on islands should be like... a tremendous effort... good job.

Guest RKSL-Rock

I have to say that is possibly the most exciting video I’ve seen for an age. This would solve so many of the issues I currently have with Vis3 its just like you were reading my mind... or at least my emails tounge2.gif

Congratulations, and I really do look forward to the release of this!