Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu Presents: Pack3!

I get this error message:

sound AB_4_order_action_suppress_06 not found

This addon it's a server side addon or a client side one?

or it's both?

notworthy.gif

The ReadMe's might say or you can check the link he has in the first post to this AddOn's Biki.

Sickboy always does an excellent job providing info about his content. I have a feeling he probably addressed something regarding servers in the Biki at bare minimum.

One thing I noticed is that with 2ndSuppression and the VFAI smokeshell addon that suppressed units pop smokeshells as soon as they're wounded. With SIX_Pack3 and VFAI there's definitely a pause while they wait for their suppression state to "allow" them to throw anything. I think that's as good an indication as I've seen for suppression.

Whether or not suppressed smokeshells is desired - I leave each to their own opinion wink_o.gif I just picked up on it as a very visible indication is all.

Sickboy

Sorry for the confusion

6th sense has 3 packs out. pack 1, pack 2, pack 3. Is 3 a combination of all three or is each a discrete pack in itself. Very interested in your stuff but dont want to duplicate functionality. I have pack 3 and am looking to improve tracers. Do I also include pack 1 then? Thanks for the clarification.

Hi gunterlund,

All three packs are separate. You can find download links and basic descriptions to the other two packs in sickboy's signature.

Pack1 v0.4 (Misc, Blood, CRDS, Tracers, EditorUpd, Tools & Ui)

Pack2 v0.1 (AIAccuracy & Range, ROF & WeaponSway)

Personally I use Pack1, which absolutely rocks. smile_o.gif When I get more into single player I'll load up Pack 3.

Sickboy

Sorry for the confusion

6th sense has 3 packs out. pack 1, pack 2, pack 3. Is 3 a combination of all three or is each a discrete pack in itself. Very interested in your stuff but dont want to duplicate functionality. I have pack 3 and am looking to improve tracers. Do I also include pack 1 then? Thanks for the clarification.

Not that I'm aware of. I've personally used all 3 at times, all are great. But I believe Pack1 and Pack 3 have nothing to do with eachother, therefore all .pbo from these packs can be used together. But Pack 2 and Pack 3 are similar or have similar type features. If you use Pack 3 you can not use 2 .pbo's from Pack 2, as Pack 3 improves parts of Pack 2. Essentially Pack 3 improves/replaces the AIAccuracy and AIRange .pbo's from Pack 2, therefore these 2 need to be removed when using Pack 3.

Thus I believe all the packs can be used together, and provide different tweaks, with the exception of AIAccuracy and AIRange .pbo's.

So with these three packs now is it the equivalent to just 6th sense mod? Also, if I get 6th Sense mod can I take out the hit effects? How it strobes with white and black when hit I mean. I did this in the packs but I don't know if I can do it in the full mod or not. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, and are these packs even in 6th Sense mod? Or are they meant as an addition to the mod?

The suppression addon works very good for me mate!

I've got one question though: what units will lay down suppressing fire? Only machine gunners and riflemen? Or will static machine guns and mounted on vehicles also giving suppressing fire?

The question is because I use ECS, and there is already a suppression function built in, which can be switched off, but ECS makes also armoured vehicles giving suppressing fire, even shooting with the main gun on infantry.