Sign in to follow this  
smellyjelly

What small details would you like to see?

Would be cool with the features suggeste by NoQuarter but i dunno if the engine can handle a.i vehicles moving in reverse / backwards.. tounge2.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Doesn't sound complicated to me. And if the engine is unable to handle something you just alter the engine and - wholla wow_o.gif

Infantry

------- True stances, better animations

------- Jumping/Mantling

------- Detailed reload animations for every weapon and stance

Vehicles

------- Active Cargo in multiplayer

------- Doors open

------- Enter/Exit animation.

------- GTA like damage system

------- Animation when changing position

------- It takes time to go to another place in vehicle

less 'funny', more simulation.

I agree with you mate.

Simulate rocks, for funny you have CoD4, BF2, crysis and alot of games.

1. Increased view distance to at least 50k's.

2. Volumetric Clouds.

3. Ground Fog. ie layered to a specified height

4. rivers/streams that flow

5. radio channels with encryption...

6. models that break into pieces... wheels fall off.. tracks come loose.

7. Burnable objects, trees and buildings.

8. Clickable Cockpits

9. Ability to quickly drop the m136/rpg and grab rifle... then go back and pick up off the ground later..

10. Free 8 core processor running at 8 gig hz just to allow what I have asked for above ... notworthy.gif

1. Increased view distance to at least 50k's.

2. Volumetric Clouds.

3. Ground Fog.  ie layered to a specified height

4. rivers/streams that flow

5. radio channels with encryption...

6. models that break into pieces... wheels fall off.. tracks come loose.

7. Burnable objects, trees and buildings.

8. Clickable Cockpits

9. Ability to quickly drop the m136/rpg and grab rifle... then go back and pick up off the ground later..

10.  Free 8 core processor running at 8 gig hz just to allow what I have asked for above  ... notworthy.gif

I was just about to make some comment along the lines of, 'dream...dream...dream' (like the song) then I saw No. 10.

tounge2.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

All those mentioned things are ok.

+

-Smoother and better soldier animations, ability to run with m136 or with other heavy weapon, changing weapon animation just sucks! (died 100times while changing weapon and cant do nothing then ai calmly aims and shoots you)

-Ragdoll is a must!

-Vehicle & soldier physics.

-Armor values! (vehicles & soldiers, soldier shouldn´t die when shot on tip of the boot 3 times.)

-Ability to take off helmet & customize your gear: combat vests, backpacks etc.

-Ability to take cover (like in Rainbow Six Las vegas.)

-Close combat moves: kick in face or hit with riflebutt.

-ABILITY TO JUMP/CLIMB OVER/DOWN REALISTIC OBSTACLE HEIGHTS! (in Arma1 dude cannot go over 50cm obstacles???)

- Ability to dive to cover would be also nice. (like in GRAW)

-Some sort of "hiding"-values to different areas of vegetation/surroundings, like in Sniper Elite. In Arma1 the ghillie suit is useless against AI. (Ai pinpoints you wherever u shoot at it) hiding = 0% in open desert , 80% in heavy vegetation&low light...well u get the picture.

-Characters shouldn´t look so "plastic" like in arma1, gear should hang more and camosuits should look dusty, scruffy&saggy and unorganized, dints in helmets and vehicles...u know what I mean, more random animations like soldiers adjusting gear, talking casual stuff to each other + combat sounds: TAKE COVER!, INCOMING! , I´M HIT...AARRG!!, MEDIIIC!!!"...stuff like that.

- More armored units: Bradley IFV, Leopard, Merkawa, T-90...etc (yes, some of these can be found as addons in Arma)

- More air units: fighters, helos...UAV:s...

-Ditches along roads, foxholes and other "holes"´n stuff, the Arma1 world looks like golf course, everything is smooth and tidy & lined up like made by scenic architect, even the ruins look "clean"..can´t explain it, doesn´t just look "real"...more chaos!

I don´t think the things mentioned here are hard to implement, or require excessive CPU&MEM power so that these can´t be added in ARMA2. So what if the game takes +10 GB installed, hd-space is cheap these days. (got 1TB)

-Vehicles shouldn't blow up so easily. Bullets should just disable them when shot at the engine. Helicopters shouldn't blow up everytime they crash land, though the player shouldn't be uninjured.

That's already in ArmA. I've been shot down in a cobra, but when it crashed, it just remained a rusty wreck and I could just jump out of the wreck and continue the journey.

Quote[/b] ]-Ragdoll is a must!
But true ragdoll cannot be synced between clients, and thus every client would get a different result. Makes true corpse positioning very tricky. Also have you ever seen any good good ragdoll that doesn't look completely silly after getting shot, and behaves in generally odd ways? I haven't.
Quote[/b] ]-Ability to take off helmet & customize your gear: combat vests, backpacks etc.
Now... what purpose would this actually serve? Nice cosmetics maybe, but is "stuff for fun" like this really worth developing when there are a thousand important things to do instead?
Quote[/b] ]-Ability to take cover (like in Rainbow Six Las vegas.)
Suppose you want a third person view with that too, even when the server forces 1st person view? Other than that, what purpose would it serve?

All we need imo is the 'fluid posture' from Rainbow Six: Raven Shield.

Quote[/b] ]-Close combat moves: kick in face or hit with riflebutt.
Kick in the face? You want karate moves with that too? Knife cut/stab, bayonet stab and rifle muzzle/butt attack.

And even if you had those, how often in ArmA, even against players, do you come so close they'd serve a purpose? Again the matter or wasting resources of something used 0.01% of your playtime, or something you see more often.

Quote[/b] ]- More armored units: Bradley IFV, Leopard, Merkawa, T-90...etc (yes, some of these can be found as addons in Arma)
There *will* be more variation in ArmA2. Mainly because the US forces will get more modern stuff, Russia will use modern Russian stuff, and Chernarus will use older Russian stuff. Oh and... what country beside Israel uses the Markava, and where is the theatre in ArmA2. Yeah.. you got the point.

I also think a post-Soviet, eastern European country wouldn't afford Leopards wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- More air units: fighters, helos...UAV:s...
When the map is so small you barely have room to take off with a jet plane you want more fighters? crazy_o.gif

I don't complain about the helo or UAV part though.

Quote[/b] ]-Ditches along roads, foxholes and other "holes"´n stuff, the Arma1 world looks like golf course, everything is smooth and tidy & lined up like made by scenic architect, even the ruins look "clean"..can´t explain it, doesn´t just look "real"...more chaos!
And here comes the problem with computer capacity. To have ditches and other small stuff geometrically drawn at a far distance the terrain grid will need to be more fragmented. More fragmented terrain grid means more polygons and faces. More polygons and faces means more work for both the GPU (for drawing it) and more work for the CPU (AI calculations, etc). With the drawing distance and map size in ArmA this won't really work well at all with today's average computer, sadly enough.
Quote[/b] ]I don´t think the things mentioned here are hard to implement, or require excessive CPU&MEM power so that these can´t be added in ARMA2. So what if the game takes +10 GB installed, hd-space is cheap these days. (got 1TB)

Even if the stuff might not be hard to implement, have you thought about the time it takes? Maybe you have €10.000.000 to give to BIS so that they can spend a year or two more on producing the game?  wink_o.gif

@Inkompetent

You partly misunderstood my wishlist , i´m not wishing the Arma2 should be like BF2. (bunny hopping arcade crap for 13year kids)

I´m not going to reply-quote everything but here´s some opinions:

- ragdoll is already implemented in many games, no need to defend arma1´s crappy engine & physics.

- taking off helmet IS cosmetics I give u that but it increases immersion (some small extra things), just like the useless intros in some missions , but customizing soldier like adding backpack with nades´n ammo, taking lighter vest for better speed IS realism for me. (m249 soldier runs as fast as guy with m16, not likely)

- Ability to take proper use of cover like in RS6 using the cover to the max, not standing barrel against the wall is not realistic, AND NO 3RD person VIEW! (none of that arcadish stuff), blind fire is also a thing to consider.

- Close combat moves: Riflebutt is minimum, but kick is also ok. What if u run out of ammo and cannot get it anywhere, u should defend yourself somehow, add throwing rocks for god´s sake (not arcadish moves, 5kicks in 3 secs)

- More armored units: I admit the merkawa didn´t "belong" to the group (mishap), but more west & east variants would be nice.

- More air unit VARIANTS: like Su-25, Su-37, Mig-29, F-22, F-16, F-18, C-130 gunships...

- Ditches and "holes&stuff": maybe hard to implement on ARMA engine.

We all now that ARMA2 is based on the old engine and there´s not going to be even 10% of community´s wishlist...yes some improvements (gfx bug fixes, memory leak fixes...) just a new campaign and new "chernarus" units...with old russian equipment, woohoo!  

Same old stiff, plastic cloned face looking soldiers with shitty animations when changing weapons etc.

When u shoot a dude to the face with a Barrett , nice "wound texture" appears and the victim falls on his face...not even the helmet falls off...doesn´t feel like a war simulator.

Looking the ARMA2 pictures look like ARMA1...I sure hope won´t  turn out as Arma 1.1

...waiting eagerly OFP2.

Most things i'd like has been mentioned. Adding a dream feature i would like very much - Thermal imaging optics for vehicles would be nice. Doesnt have to be as complex as VBS2 VTK (running engines show heat etc), but at least the whole running vehicle/s and humans/creatures show up in the thermal view.

Alex

Reload Animations, Geezus this is standard issue in FPS's these days.

Look at Red orchestra, if you look at someone else reloading from the first person view, you see them take mags out, pull bolts back drape MG belts into breaches its Beautiful inlove.gif

Better AI pathfinding - units should react at vehicles (avoid/step aside), better using of buildings/objects. Improved AI flight skills (slowing down speed if waypoint near instead of "up-an-down waves").

Another big point is very good mission design & story. Give the player something to think about, let him make decisions that influence the campaign gameplay and make him responsible for his actions. No more instant resupply with units, ammo, weapons etc.

For all players easy to use (integrated):

- backpack with max. weight/gear,

- radio with different support options,

- weapon/arming/inventory screen for all vehicles eg different missiles on all mounts

- changing and customizing HUD and FOV

Would be a big surprise to see working 3D RealtimeEditor with all editor objects. xmas_o.gif

yeah totally second what NoRailgunner dsif sbout units stepping aside when vehicles comes close to them.

Sort of like civilians in GTA IV moves to the sides sometimes when you come speeding at them with a car.

@BIS check out sounds for battlefield bad company? There's some really heavi hitting sounds there that immerse you into the game really good! wink_o.gif (weapon sounds)

Been wondering about more actions in the mission editors waypoint section. Like for example make a helicopter land at a specific place we have to type into the init line. So i thaught about to get in more functions in the "select type" section of the waypoints. In there we could have all the waypoint actions we have now plus "land", "place explosive" and so on. Dont know if that is possible, but it would be nice for all of us that dont know all the functions and how to write them into the init field, and also be a good thing for the console version if they get the mission editor.

So my request would be - more functions for easier/faster building of actions when making missions.

Regards

Alex

To add more:

I'd like to see more detailed damage for jets. The helicopters are awesome in the way that you can shoot the tail rotor and send the helicopter spinning to the ground, or cause an gas leak. The same is for the vehicles, with the tires and gas leaks. However, jet's don't really have anything. Sure, sometimes the landing gear will get stuck, but that's it.

I hope for Arma 2 there will be further detail in vehicle and aircraft damage and how it effects it's performance.

As far the lights, Arma just had a few streetlights per city and some lighthouses. I'd like to see lights in buildings or just on the windows, (btw, with the destruction feature in Arma 2, the lights should short out when a building is damaged). There should also be smaller lights, such as small lamps on a house's fence or porch.

I'm quite content with the animation system as it is. Animation and looks is not what I think makes this game and engine great.

Except for ONE big bad biggie!! The animation is killing people, which severely draws the love for the system down, at least for me. For the most anims, this isn't too annoying, anyone can deal with it I think. But the 'z' go prone/hit the dirt anim should be prioritized if the key was pressed. No matter what animstate the character was in (except a dying,  dead, or swimming one off course), going prone should break out of that anim and just go prone, even if it would look bad. The value of the function here outnumbers the value of the visual, easily.

Something that would be easy to implement though I think, even in an upcoming patch, would be how the player now is always put in the relaxed mode after having visited an ammo crate. It should be in alerted mode, with raised weapon.

My "short" list of improvements to ArmA2 as follows:

1. Get rid of ambigious scripting commands, i.e. damage and getDammage (should be getDamage btw). Also, commands such as damage, position, direction doesn't "feel" right to me. Instead change these to getDamage, getPos, getDir. All commands which have a setXXX should have a similar getXXX, and no other at the same time. Any commands that *doesn't* have this read/write combo, use the name instead of the get and set variants. Makes the scripting commands a little more easy to understand for the newcommers.

2. More colors and alpha variations to choose from. Actually, this is so easy to make with an addon, I think this is actually a request for the next ArmA1 patch instead. All colors (except maybe black and white) should have transparent counterparts, and let me also suggest cyan and magenta base colors. Having to use addons restricts mission designers for multiplayer missions.

3. A map nightlight filter. A simple switch on the map screen that puts a "filter" on the map, above the actual map and below the markers. I've done this myself in ArmA missions by placing one black and one red transparent area marker that covers the whole map. Had to edit mission.sqm though to make these lowest priority. Toggling this on for night missions is a godsend, as you don't loose nightvision caused by that huge white and bright maparea. This toggle should have both read and write, and should be local to player. This is important if a dialog is using other special purpose "filters" to simulate a monochromatic screen, i.e. Mando Missiles. It should automatically work on other maps such as the mini GPS map.

4. Half the size of the markers and marker text size, they are now insanely big. Keep the new 1.14 markers (love that nato style), but also most of these could be halved. But only IF however, this isn't breaking any military "rules" stating that the used arcsize is actually true. The default marker (now 'objective'wink_o.gif should be general enemy (45° square) and colored red. Even if we probably don't get the VBS marker builder, please give us the possibility to place text 'on the left', 'on top', and 'below marker', in addition to todays only 'on the right'. Left should be right justified, while top and bottom should be centered.

5. Reconsider how addPublicVariableEventHandler is not fired locally to where the variable was published. It can probably break a few missions of today, but these are a nightmare to test since you are forced to test on dedicated server only. Maybe there is some very good reasoning behind this that I am unaware of, if so, I'd just want to know what it can be smile_o.gif

6. I realize ArmA2 is too close for any big engine changes, in which case I'd request proper modular weapon system instead. But now, I will "only" request that ALL weapon models have ALL weapon configurability options in place. Meaning that M4GL, M4 AIM, and M4SD should come in ALL possible configurations: M4, M4-AIM,M4-GL,M4-RCO,M4-SD,M4-SD-RCO,M4-GL-RCO,M4-AIM-SD etc etc etc. BIS have the models, let us have the variations by default. Yes it is easy for addon designers to make these variations themselves, but it restricts the missions intended for public use since they basically have to be addon free to attract the masses. With this in place, any kind of weapon modularity can be done with scripting alone - no addons needed!

7. Server.cfg needs a change. It basically needs the server to know which server profile to load depending on the game type. Hell, maybe it could be specified down to the given map. This is because Warfare has actually had an odd side-effect on the multiplayer aspect. Since warfare is pvp (or svs smile_o.gif), it is understandeable that it is forced to be "cheat free". On coop missions, this is usually not all that important, and players could be allowed to use more client side addons. Warfare has caused many servers that also host good coop missions to become addon hostile, making them out or reach for many coop fans that want to use addons. I'm confident that server admins would configure this properly.

8. On joining a multiplayer session, you now get orange (passworded) or red (different version) markings on servers you can't join. I want a bright yellow one as well, indicating that there are server rules and settings that doesn't match up with the players settings. This includes stuff like not having signed addons, missing addons, and facemask. This way, and especially because of the #7 issue above, I don't have to load 15 missions before I finally find a server that will accept me. As it is now, also with #7, it's actually quite hostile to the joiner.

9. A possibility in server.cfg to list and direct multiplayer joiners to a server (different than the hosting server to lessen the load on the hosting server) which automatically loads and installs the required addons to a "temporary" addon folder. By "temporary", I mean an addon folder with the name of the server. The user should be asked off course, especially if (as I suspect can't be easily changed) a restart of ArmA is required.

10. A quick way from within the editor to start a dedicated server testrun.

11. More selection of units. And more importantly, an "equal" selection of similar units. Warfare gave us some excellent USMC units giving mission designers some flexibility. Unfortunately, it only covered the west side.

12. Allow the use of compass while in an optic or static weapon. Some vehicles or addons may *only* have optic systems, and you have to get out just to figure out your direction. The static weapons today are very vounerable as they are, and people don't seem to like them.

13. Smoke that *works*. I think we were promised this in ArmA already. And I'm not talking only about obscurement, but also how to use it tactically to attract attention for diversion purposes. Enemy should scan the area of the smoke, waiting for somebody to pop out (the natural thing to do I guess), but we put smoke there to more easily flank him. You get the picture.

14. Same thing with flares. I have to be like 20 meters away from an enemy before he reacts to a flare. And then, I'm even thinking he reacts to the sound of my M203 being fired from close proximity, not the flare itself. He hits the ground, remains there for about 5 seconds, then stands up again (default rifleman, no waypoint or behaviour given). Let AI instantly get down and stand still if they hear the launcher, or simply freeze up and scan the area if the flare has already lit. They should not run for cover except when group or near friendlies are fired upon.

15. Please make supporting indirect fires a better element than simply bombing the crap out of them. Give us flares and smoke delivered from vehicles (Mk19), proper indirect artillery system, and possibility for scripters to assign any kind of ammocount for any kind of ammo, such as limiting M198 copperhead rounds to i.e. two per gun. Prolonged illumination fires from artillery. Artillery delivered minefields, that sort of thing, not just the bang effect.

16. I'm not a big fan of the scoreboard, but as long as it is there: Let mobility kills influence the results shown, not only fatal kills. It's extremely difficult getting an aircraft kill as it is now. The canMove command seems to be enough to detect destroyed tracks or a helicopter making an emergency landing after being shot down. And similarly, lost lives should be reduced from the score. Even better, the lost life should be multiplied with the same vehicle factor if you were in a vehicle when you got killed. Getting killed in an A-10 should hurt more on the scoreboard because of the "cost" of the vehicle.

17. I think I've mentioned this before, and it's quite a big change engine wise. But please, for the love of god, refurnish the action menu system. It's outdated and is also killing people - blowing up the satchel instead of getting in the escape vehicle parked nearby - you get the picture. I'm thinking of the lines of a compass menu, which doesn't *change* or *replace* content, only enables or disables what is available for any given menu.

18. Better selection of server difficulty settings. I.e. separate settings for the now one-and-only extended map info. This should be replaced by a separate setting for all sides. I.e. show all known friendly unts, but never show enemies or editor placed objects (civilian?).

19. Currently we now have on the multiplayer game setup screen, two parameters that governs the game settings. Instead, there should only be a single one, and a button at that, that takes you to a config screen. Here, the mission designer should be able to make his own tweaks in terms of dialog controls of his own design. Only the administrator would be able to set these controls, but everyone should be able to see them, or per designers choice. Maybe I really don't want to join the server because I know the settings doesn't match my current mood crazy_o.gif

20. Include weight on equipment, weapons, and ammo, that affects endurance. I'm a bit tired of watching everyone on public servers running around like a one-man-wrecking crew without penalties for doing so.

21. Naturally I agree with everyone of giving us proper infrared. And it's not that hard to do actually (in theory!!wink_o.gif, even though it might be late in development to choose to do such a thing. Basically it involves setting the ir visibility value with an alpha mask, and changing any kind of hasalpha bool value to a numerical value instead to indicate if alpha is to be used as transparency or ir or both. This would allow a ghillie dressed sniper or certain parts of the uniform texture to have a lower ir signature than the uncovered body. And the beauty is that it only takes a single channel of extra information, on some objects it doesn't even take this, only a config value.

22. An general animation showing a player while he is overcoming a small obstacle, such as a low fence, road barrier etc. Currently you just walk casual over a few (way too few) objects that allows this. Either an action should be shown, but I don't think it should be automatic traversal at all times. Check out the game Vietcong how such anims can look like -- looking sweeeet biggrin_o.gif Oh, and also allows player to keep staying low.

23. Probably way late in development, but a gradual change of stance instead of the three current ones. The three current ones should still be there as "quick presets", but it would be nice to be able to just get up a little more just to be able to fire above the cover. Probably a holding qualifyer while dragging mouse up and down would be the best bet here.

24. Destroyed objects does now not include a view blocking object apparently. This means that AI can now look straight through a fallen tree while human players obviously does not. This is the only reason why I actually prefer 3rd person in some cases and some missions. Missions with lots of artillery damage etc leaves the close infantry units at a great disadvantage.

25. Implement in ArmA2 what Andys_Mags.pbo addon does for ArmA; dropping ammo looks like ammo instead of satchels. It is a nightmare when certain vehicles are overfilled with ammo, to try to find the right one one the ground. Oh, and ask and implement Andys_Mags to implement it in next ArmA patch.

26. A builtin scripting function that either returns true or false on weather the engine think it is day or night. A more flexible solution would be a time at current day that the next change will occur. I.e. an array like [false,19.5]. It is daylight, and next change today will occur at 19:30 hours.

27. For singleplayer, allow team based formations. This way, I as squad leader control my back team as a line formation. The right team echelon, and the left team echelon. Teams are told to flank left and right, and we all end up in a big nice attacking V formation smile_o.gif

28. Two builtin new scripting functions. isVotedAdmin and isServerAdmin. isServerAdmin would return true if he is admin and is listed by name, ip, or ArmA id, in server.cfg.

Edit: Hmm, maybe just replaced by a numerical return from, admin: 0 means he is not admin, 1 means he is voted admin, 2 means he is listed admin. Should also work on joining process. A listed admin would be able to take control over a voted admin, and to join the server without taking up a slot. Maybe to ask some players to leave so that clan can get in without a restart.

29. Edit2 from here on: A keybind that simply drops/throws the current weapon and attached ammo (not all ammo) without going through the gear dialog.

30. Grenades are rarely seen used by human players. M203 is used, but usually by waisting a few aim shots. Why should this be so damned impossible to use? If crosshairs are on, a landing zone should be given to the player. It's not that hard to hit a zone when you throw (I've tried with live ones), while in ArmA it remains just impossible. Actually, there should be three tossing "types": Throw, not very accurate say more than 20 meters. Lob, pretty accurate from 5-20 meters. And roll, extremely accurate within 5 meters. The method used should be indicated while grenade is in hand and change dynamically as the landing zone marker updates. For M203, please let us have adjusteable sights. Should even be possible to flip down the front sight so that the sight doesn't take too much "view space" if the M203 is not to be used there and then.

So, there was my "short" list of "small" details biggrin_o.gif

I've never fired a gun in real life, so please tell me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the muzzle flash is very relistic. For example:

1217960669.jpg

See how it almost looks more like a flamethrower than an AK74? In my opinion there should be much, much less fire and more sparks. I think the sparks would help make the weapon look more fatigued.

If BIS adds the same amount of detail as Codemasters is

(5:45), then that would be amazing. Even if it's a bit gimmicky, the colors and detail are amazing and it could help improve the atmosphere or inspire people to make fan video, (which in return helps make Arma2 more popular).

Finally, something odd I noticed about the AI in Arma is that the squad leaders tend to send everyone out to engage the enemy. I don't know how it works in real life, but I would imagine that the sqauds would prefer to stick together.

EDIT: I found some youtube videos that could help.

This video is of a M1A2 shooting at night. Notice how bright and quick the fire is campared to Arma. The color is also orange rather than white/yellow as in Arma.

Here are two video2 of an AK47 being shot at night. The flames vary in length, however the average looks shorter than in Arma. Also, notice the sparks. Some shots produce many while others have none that are visible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PGVy6GPgWM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuqtPbQNmXg

Here is another video of an AK47 being shot at night, however this time the area is covered in smoke. It's hard to tell whats happening and I'm not sure if this video is reliable. I just found it interesting because it shows how bright the fire is.

less "simulation", more funny

What on earth could you be talking about...

less "simulation", more funny

But isn't ArmA about serious gaming? crazy_o.gif

how gaming can be serious?  crazy_o.gif  

ofp was a good compromise between a simulation and a funny game. Arma is boring: slow voices, robotic voices, gameplay not really good, the soldiers movements are slowlier. the ability to jump over an obstacle is non-existent.

if a "serious game" must be annoying, well BIS is on the good way.

What the hell are you talking about now?? Your attempt to explain only bewildered me even more than your first bizarre statement...

I really hope to see a more detailed infantry injury system. For example, getting shot in the leg should have a more variety of consequence's that just not being able to walk. I'd like to see more stages, one being the soldier limps, another being he drags his leg, and then finally he cant stand up at all. Each would have different properties, (when limping you could still run, but not sprint. Bleeding and could be stopped and injury can be healed), compared to heavy damage, (not being able to stand at all, feild medic can't heal you).

Another addition would be different types of medics. Field medics could heal minor wounds and stop bleeding, but to treat serious injuries the soldier would need special medics back at base. This could create some interesting rescue missions in Evolution or Warefare, and help increase realism in the field medics limiting abilities without forcing the player to be unhealable.

A lot of things about Armed Assault are already perfect!

I'd like a more detailed HUD for aircraft with more functions making Aircraft more simulator like, lights inside vehicles, a bit more fluid animations for infantry (animations are already great now, but it's the transitions between animations that seem a bit odd) and more soundeffects. Reloading while walking is a welcome addition.

But what I'd really like to see is improvement in terms of environment:

Denser, darker forests (more like in Flashpoint) with large clearings/fields in between, better rain and fog effects with fatter raindrops. Perhaps even puddles of rainwater during and after rains/storms and drops falling from trees, although that would be very CPU/GPU intensive I'm sure. Drops on the windshield of a car while driving through the rain would be nice too. Take the windscreens in Flight Unlimited and Flight Simulator for example, looks very good! Volumetric clouds would be nice. I'm sure I'm asking too much, I guess it would be very demanding on an average PC's hardware.

Weather should be more dynamic. It would also be nice if the environment would be a bit more "lifelike" with occasional wild animals and stuff going about their daily business but I believe animals were already planned for ArmA II?.

Also, I'd like to see some more civilian weapons and civilian objects. Oh, and PLEASE add flashlights that can be equipped on soldiers or civilians! And PLEASE don't make it more arcade like, keep the simulator feel. And PLEASE don't skip Track IR support, I love it in ArmA 1. Makes flying choppers and jets a dream.

Increasing the detailed viewrange so grass can be seen at greater distances is a must i.m.o. I know it will be graphically demanding, but couldn't it be adjusted with a slider so people with a very fast PC can set the detailed viewrange to maximum? When ArmA 1 arrived, a lot of PC's had choppy framerates, now that we are a few years later a lot of PC's can run ArmA on maximum settings but the detailed viewrange can't be set higher with ArmA 1.

Apart from everything above, if ArmA II will be like ArmA 1 but only with a new island I would be happy too, I just love Armed Assault! thumbs-up.gif